No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Skydiver] as much as i dislike the character i feel for the actress.

I know exactly how you feel because that is how i feel about Ben Browder. He's such a great actor and I can't help but feel sorry for him that he seems to have been given some huge shoes to fill. I don't really think its very fair on him sometimes, hes not RDA but at the same time, he's still great. The problem came when they only introduced him once RDA had gone, and he's filling the same 'character' position at the base.
    "-If I have to say 'what' one more time...Heads are gonna roll!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9
      Has any information even been close to confirmed about season 10?
      You people confuse the hell out of me.
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...nonforne.shtml

Doesn't that mean it looms? Or am I late here or ....

*lurks*
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9
        Has any information even been close to confirmed about season 10?
        You people confuse the hell out of me.
        Ok, here's some news, confirmed news:
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...sg-1icas.shtml
        http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33347
        .........Vala is a regular
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...nonforne.shtml
        ........all the old characters are back.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          as much as i dislike the character i feel for the actress. she's gonna have one hell of a year. some fans like her, many don't...and sony/mgm/scifi seems determined to put her at the forefront of all the promotion, which means she will be even more in the lime light.
          I really enjoy Claudia as an actress. And I REALLY hate Vala as a character. I am very conflicted because I am happy for the real person and miserable to think that I have to be subjected to more space bimbo for a full season. PLEASE let them tone her down. And I don't mean adding a 'heart of gold', eeewwww.

This is really it, isn't it? This has got to be the end when they pull out T&A to keep the once interesting show afloat for one last season. I feel so sorry for the actors, really.

Comment

ok well now its official that Vala is back as a full time member..hm

its good to hear the main cast will be back though

does this mean Vala will become the 5th member of SG-1? Or that because Amanda is doing Atlantis crossover, that Vala will replace Sam on the SG-1 team?
            - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

CB as regular? Well colour me surprised.
              Funny, when BB joined we were told we were wrong to treat it as Fargate. How long do we have to wait? Until the puppets become regulars?

I do hope for BB and CB's sake they get more control over their characters. BB is coming across a little as if he considers it just a job, and CB has openly said she couldn't play Vala that over the top full time.

From a personal point of view - Oh yes, game on!

Originally posted by AGateFan
              SG-1 had demographic A and lasted for 8 years and continues on as strong as ever.
              Other scifi shows had demographic B and exist for average of 1-4 years.

Therefore it obviously makes since for SG-1 to change in S9-10 to try to get demographic B. They are obviously the demographic you want for a long running successfull show. They have sooo much staying power. I have no clue how they could have missed this. They should have changed the format years ago.. But then we wouldnt be hear having this wonderfully fun conversation.
              I have to say I wonder if SGA isn't already suffering from this short termism. They did start it with the pretty girl in not much clothing, and with equally little character. It seems given the complaints I've read (haven't been watching S2) that character development is going out the window for all but one or two characters.

Is SGA going to last beyond the 3-4 years demographic B gives?
              Is SG-1 now going to last beyond the 1-3 extra years demographic B gives?
              Does anyone care?

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic but as im new.....

how do you get other ppls quotes in the blue box?

and

how do you get your custom avatar uploaded?

P.S.
                hey Nem, its Melon

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                  ok well now its official that Vala is back as a full time member..hm
                  May God have mercy on us all.
                  Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                  O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter at Uni
                    I know this is a bit off topic but as im new.....

how do you get other ppls quotes in the blue box?

and

how do you get your custom avatar uploaded?

P.S.
                    hey Nem, its Melon
                    omg stop hijacking the thread!! ban ban ban!

to get quotes go to their post and click the quote button, or just use quote tags
                    btw, your quote earlier didnt work because you didnt close the quote tag, you need to add a
                    to where you wanna stop the quotage

custom avatar, cant get them until youve made...1800 posts?
                    - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

oh ok, thx nem

Well if CB is becoming a 'full-time' cast member, I would have thought she'd end up being like a female Teal'c. Another alien on SG-1, why? That's Teal'c's job! He's the one that comes out with the strange remarks and odd comments. Jack used to be the one ieht the witty and sarcastic remarks. Maybe they are trying to make an RDA and Teal'c all rolled into a female to be present when AT is busy on Atlantis (Wild speculation only btw!!! Don't hurt me!)

Comment

Originally posted by Carter at Uni
                        Maybe they are trying to make an RDA and Teal'c all rolled into a female to be present when AT is busy on Atlantis (Wild speculation only btw!!! Don't hurt me!)
                        wild speculation is all good, its fun to be pessimistic and cynical

the only problem I see is nobody can bring to the team what Sam did. shes the clever one, the strategic thinker but as shown in episodes like unnatural selection, she is still very much a human being which I love.
                        Jack can sometimes be too military, Daniel can have really high moral standards, Sam...shes just perfect, and having Vala replace her is, in my mind, unthinkable

like ive said many many times now, sure Sam will be there in S10, but the question is for how many episodes because if shes missing for anymore than 6, then i dont think itd feel like she was part of the team anymore, and considering we lost Jack, I dont think losing Sam would be a wise move.
                        however saying that, TPTB have a tendancy to do stupid things like not listening to the more loyal side of their fanbase, and just try to please all the new farscapers

I think RCC should just have his way and rename the show Stargate Command...At least theres someone part of TPTB that has half a brain

</mini rant>
                        - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          I really enjoy Claudia as an actress. And I REALLY hate Vala as a character. I am very conflicted because I am happy for the real person and miserable to think that I have to be subjected to more space bimbo for a full season. PLEASE let them tone her down. And I don't mean adding a 'heart of gold', eeewwww.

This is really it, isn't it? This has got to be the end when they pull out T&A to keep the once interesting show afloat for one last season. I feel so sorry for the actors, really.
                          Yes this is really it. Farscape...er I mean Stargate is firmly on the path to cancellation. If we are lucky, very lucky, very very lucky the final season may not be as pathetic as the final season of Xfiles and Farscape or as irrelavent as the final season of B5. But I doubt it.

*feel so hopless* Crpy news for the holidays.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

time for a petition? mass letter writing to TPTB?

I dunno, but I think we *need* to do something to let them know that there are still old school gaters around who want the show to return to its former glory. i mean I wouldnt even mind if it wasnt that good ever again, I just want to know that theyd at least try to make it worthwhile and not continue down this fargate path

what i dont want to happen is for the show to crash and burn because SG-1 is probably the most successful and original scifi ever. it would be an insult to have such a brilliant show end on such a low, so I think its our responsibility as gate fans to let them know that we're still here, and that we still want to watch the show but not if its going to change so drastically that it doesnt become SG-1 anymore
                            - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                              time for a petition? mass letter writing to TPTB?

I dunno, but I think we *need* to do something to let them know that there are still old school gaters around who want the show to return to its former glory. i mean I wouldnt even mind if it wasnt that good ever again, I just want to know that theyd at least try to make it worthwhile and not continue down this fargate path

what i dont want to happen is for the show to crash and burn because SG-1 is probably the most successful and original scifi ever. it would be an insult to have such a brilliant show end on such a low, so I think its our responsibility as gate fans to let them know that we're still here, and that we still want to watch the show but not if its going to change so drastically that it doesnt become SG-1 anymore
                              There is nothing to be done. I just hope that with the new "adult" (read neo-xrated) flavor of SG-1 they move it to 9 and move Atlantis to 8 so that I can get done watching scifi by 9 and get onto other things. But then they will likely screw that show too so I guess I can stop watching scifi altogther.

My watch is back on for the next great scifi show. One thing for sure, every show I like that ends up on scifi channel is ultimatly scrwed so I hope the next show I fall in love with doesnt end up on this crp of a channel.

Hope you fargaters enjoy your show for the season it will be on.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm gutted by this news....IMO this is the death of SG1. I've nothing against CB, but honestly can't see the show carrying on. I'm really gutted because S2 of SGA has done nothing for me, in fact I can't watch it anymore it drives me mad. I wasn't really too bothered since there was still SG1...at least I've got BSG.

This is really sad news....

Comment

Working...
                                X