No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree that using rda's schedule was just an excuse. i have no doubt that it was difficult to juggle things however i do think that rda's schedule became a convenient excuse

if something didn't pan out, they blamed rda sincde they knew that fans were accepting of his reasons and that their ire would be muted by that acceptance.

now that rda is gone, well they had amanda's maternithy leave to tide them over, and they have/had vala's addition to be another excuse, but soon they will run out of excuses...actually, they already are running out of excuses
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it's not just chasing the male demos because they're watching sports...there's not that many sports on a friday night, it's the wisdom of chasing a demo that's notoriously fickle.

if you want longevity, you don't want the fans that get bored quickly and channel surf...you want the ones that have a routine and a loyalty.

one reason they chase the young males is because it's believed that they have the most disposible income, yet amongst the folks i know, it's the older female demos that have the most money to blow and the males that are the brokest. the males also have everyone and thier uncle chasing after their money.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Hel-LOOOO!! McFLY!!! Haven't you you guys been reading all the interviews? Season 9 is AWESOME!! It's the BEST EVER!!! And it's the INCREDIBLE NEW CAST EDITIONS that have made it so completely AWESOME! You can't go making the INCREDIBLE NEW CAST EDITIONS look bad by pitting them in dusty, moldy old situations that SG-1 dealt with in those old, boring, unimportant seasons when the team had only one leader. Y'know, that cranky old hack they finally managed to ditch in this AWESOME, BEST EVER season??

Of course, the producers have been ignoring interesting plotlines long before season 9, but now that we're in a WHOLE NEW ERA of Stargate, you can bet your sweet bippy that you'll never hear another peep out of storylines existing prior to season 8.
        SNORT!

Oh, and let's not forget the overtly LOOK AT MITCHELL!! SEE HOW HE'S NOT LIKE O'NEILL!?

Wait...Who's O'Neill? Where did we shelve...uh...place his character?

Over in a West Wing forum that I belong to, we've named a place to where characters go and no explanation is given - Mandyville. I think that Mandyville now has a secret AF facility located underground a mountain there.
        sigpic

Comment

Another funny thing about the demographics is that when ever we would do a poll on the Scifi channel websight asking people to post their gender and age the largest amount of viewers were female, three to one. Then the largest age groups were the 21-40 range. I really don't know why it turned out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
            Another funny thing about the demographics is that when ever we would do a poll on the Scifi channel websight asking people to post their gender and age the largest amount of viewers were female, three to one. Then the largest age groups were the 21-40 range. I really don't know why it turned out that way.
            Guess they didn't like how those polls turned out so they are intent on changing them, even if it means there is no one left to answer them.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
              It being a rather dull Sunday, and the continual moans that we're commenting on speculation winding through the thread, I thought I might go all out on S10.
              Thanks for that. Now I don't have to bother watching.
              sigpic

Comment

Has any information even been close to confirmed about season 10?
                You people confuse the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9
                  You people confuse the hell out of me.
                  Haha. What kind of info are you looking for? If you're looking for whether or not we're GETTING a S10, then yes. We are.

But if you looking for which actors are coming back and in which capacity, I believe that's a little sketchy as of yet.

Comment

NOPE!

a time to mourn

Comment

Only rumours and speculation.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                        Only rumours and speculation.
                        yeah but rumours and speculation are fun! and they soften the blow when we eventually come to realise that we were right all along
                        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I apologize, because I am using a translator, but it bothers me the idea of a 10 season and for that reason I dare to communicate this way.

Good in my opinion I have always thought that the series should finish in the 8 season and not to give him but you release, perhaps a double episode concluding some loose things or a movie for tv or cinema based on the series SG1... but don't unite 9 season. The reasons, because very simple, if a 9 season was achieved, it could fall in the repetition of arguments or to include characters that are not inside the same one lines that the other characters of more antiquity, I remit myself to the case of Vala... is he/she a character that this well for a couple of episodes but does it stop 5 followed episodes? that stops my it was too much, he/she is a character that is to what I hook us to the series, just the opposite a tv program that he/she taught us a lot of science (Sam), a lot of humor (Jack), a lot of honor (Teal´c), a lot of curiosity and good heart (Daniel), a lot of paternal (Hammond) and a lot of maternal (Fraiser) apart from a heap of things... and we open a season with a provoking and outlandish character that distracts the attention of the argument... really that so far in the 9 season he/she gives a lot of q to want... without having the bad structuring of characters like that of Cameron Mitchell that regrettably created a character to the style Frankestein a bad copy of the humor of O´Neill with touches of Urgo and very little leader personality, I always believed that Sam Crankcase deserved to be the leader of the SG1 that if it was introduced the Mitchell while Sam returned and that she didn't return completely to the SG1, I think that they should create an argument but believable that the idiot excuses that Sam was with Cassie... for my those two characters don't fit in SG1 neither Vala like fixed character neither Mitchell like it was structured, I even think that Landry lacks charisma and I take a risk to say that the 10 serious season a great error and of plane I say that if Vala will be a fixed character... I won't see the series because it stops my the best thing this in Sam Daniel Teal´c and good Jack, but of the we know that it won't return to the program, in fact strange a lot of characters like Fraiser and Hammond... in fact the series has lost that rich touch of reality that had in 8 o'clock (better) previous seasons... and like Chris Crankcase said in an opportunity with regard to lengthening The X Files: "...I prefer 5 excellent seasons that 20 mediocre seasons..."
                          I would not like to do SG1 with a gray end and a punctuation of rating of 0.01
                          Not to the 10 season!

Comment

Jeez, it's fine and dandy to be pro-season ten with the same lack of info, but woe to anyone who has concerns.

TPTB seem happy with how things have changed in season nine. If they're happy with the way things are, wouldn't one assume that things would continue in season ten? And if I'm not happy with how season nine has gone so far, isn't it prudent for me to be concerned that I'll see more of the same things that I dislike in season ten?

Comment

Hi all

Am new to this thread but I believe one of you said that which characters were coming back for season 10 was sketchy, well Gateworld have just posted up some new information about that, and also who is coming back as a full-time character (No suprise there then!).
                              "-If I have to say 'what' one more time...Heads are gonna roll!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Carter at Uni
                                Hi all

Am new to this thread but I believe one of you said that which characters were coming back for season 10 was sketchy, well Gateworld have just posted up some new information about that, and also who is coming back as a full-time character (No suprise there then!).
                                oh no surprise at all. as soon as it was said that they re-wrote the s9 finale to accomodate CB's real life issues i knew that it was a given that she'd be back.

can't say that i blame her, no actor wants to turn down a year's steady work.

can't say that i'm all that thrilled but hey, what is there to do???

they will either

keep vala the way she is, in which case i feel sorry for CB because the 'sexually laden, ethically challenged' character of vala simply is not sustaniable on a regular basis in anything other than a farce which means the critics will soon be on her and grow tired of her

they will change vala, tone her down, which will also open her up to criticism because she will lose most of what folks find so appealing, namely the sexually laden, ethically challenged bits adn she'll be seen as dry and boring and bland

she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. it'd be like adding pete as a regular

as much as i dislike the character i feel for the actress. she's gonna have one hell of a year. some fans like her, many don't...and sony/mgm/scifi seems determined to put her at the forefront of all the promotion, which means she will be even more in the lime light.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X