S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    You may be onto something. Although I think I may need more than one.
    ...or something with lots of degrees . Instant satisfaction garanteed. Then you won't feel a thing, not to mention what is on TV.
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      ...or something with lots of degrees
      I might be willing to try it, if I knew what you meant.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        I might be willing to try it, if I knew what you meant.
        1 degree is 1% alcohol (only in matters of alcohol).

Water, soft drinks, milk, coffe.....0 degrees (%) alcohol
        Beer ......................................up to 12 degrees (%)
        wine .....................................up to 24 degrees (%)
        vodka, tzuica, sake, palinca.......50 degrees (%)
        pure alcohol............................100 degrees (%)

I may be wrong on how much alcohol has some of the aloholic drinks I gave you as examples, but I hope I made myself understood.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
          I think that this was a disgraceful way to address the loss of the character who had been the core character on the show, and a slap at all of the character's fans. Contrast this with the way they handled MS' walking out on the show.

Then again, it *is* in line with the disgraceful way they have treated RDA since he left. Cooper and Judge have gone out of their way, IMO, to insult him, and even Simon was set up to give the party line (why would you ask someone who didn't come on the show until season 5--a pretty tense season with Shanks' leaving, following by an even more tense on considering the invective that was being hurled at the show and TPTB--and who has been on about 6 times in total, what the difference is without RDA? Except to have someone else say how nice it is now that RDA's gone. And there's no question that it got back to RDA: view his foreword for the Season 7 & 8 Guide). It was classless.

Hmm, maybe *that's* why they have no problem with Vala?
          Regarding RDA's departure, I couldn't help wondering at the time if something more was going on behind the scenes with the way TPTB and some of the cast went out of their way (at cons and in interviews) to diss him. Something else that bothered me was RDA's scenes in Origins. My personal take on his acting is that he was either ill or in pain because that was not a typical RDA performance. Why would any director or producer let him be filmed at his worst and leave it that way? It was as though they didn't care if RDA came off looking bad (and, oh, how the anti-RDA crowd went for the jugular on that one!). Seems to me that if a producer or director is good friends (or at the least, good acquaintances) with the actor in front of the camera, he's going to want that actor to look good and will go out of his way to make a bad shot better. It's pretty clear, imho, that no such effort was made there.... It was as though TPTB wanted to make him look bad.

Having now read RDA's forward to the Seasons 7 & 8 Guide (thanks, La Croix), I agree with the consensus that RDA was hurt by the way he was treated by his Bridge friends and "family" after he left. No loyalty, no gratitude from people who definitely owed a lot to him.

Originally Posted by KatG
          And given that Amanda is the only one who seems to be sad that he's gone, is it any wonder that she's getting the short straw now, given everyone elses apparent feelings toward RDA's absence. Hmmm. I think I just had a "light bulb" moment here.
          Yep---standing under the same light bulb here. Poor Amanda. I respect her all the more for not taking part in the highschool-level treatment the others have given RDA. It's a sad world where someone gets the short straw for being a genuinely nice person with a kind, loving heart. Even sadder for us fans when the people dishing it out are the same people we've loved, trusted and respected over the past eight seasons. Disillusioning, to say the least. (I'm going to stop now in case someone's thinking of telling me there's no Santa Claus...)

Comment

I may be wrong on how much alcohol has some of the aloholic drinks I gave you as examples, but I hope I made myself understood.
            Perfectly clear. Now where's my drink? 8)
            sigpic

Comment

scifi friday has become a 'have booze on hand' night

some eps, i sip my margarita all evening, other eps, such as FOR ME, lifeboat....oh, i think i was on my third by the time it ended

one fun thing to do is have a drinking game

have a drink every time

teal'c says indeed
              daniel pouts
              sam gets a boyfriend
              cameron jumps excitedly
              vala changes clothes

you get the idea

you do have to be careful though, some eps are so full of these predictible moments that you'll be smashed by the mid break
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We should have a Stargate drinking game for next season.

A drink for each time:
                Daniel makes his confused face
                Teal says "indeed"
                Vala says something sexual
                Sam has a man moon over her
                It occurs to you that Cam is meant to be the leader

ETA: Skydiver , beat me to it. That'll teach me not to update the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                  Vala says something sexual
                  That would be odd, very odd considering that
                  Spoiler:
                  she will be pregnant

Hollowed are the sharks, lets all jump at them!
                  School is overrated.

Comment

That would be odd, very odd considering that
                    Spoiler:
                    she will be pregnant

Hollowed are the sharks, lets all jump at them!
                    Only if the writers honestly think a woman undergoes a complete personality change as soon as they get a bun.

Comment

I think it was last week that Bravo had a Happy Days re-union special on. I thought funny, because they didn't show the jumping the shark clip.

Why did I find this all amusing. You have to look at who RDA worked with and for on Mac-- Henry "The Fonz" Winkler. I think he'd learned something from the man. His personal life aside, maybe he felt the writing was slipping. He did say, and I'm paraphrasing, something about good stories will keep viewers coming back.

I also would think as an Exe. Producer, as limited as he was in s7 and s8, the pre-production and post-production meetings, maybe he fought against the changes done during those seasons. Maybe the final vote was up to Sony/MGM and Skiffy and he lost. Maybe even current changes.

I know some people say he should have said something about Janet, but since Gekkco is a corporation, he and Michael Greenburg are subject to the same laws applied to say like GM and Ford. If one/both are there, it's a meeting of the board, and THAT you do not comment on in the press or outside the office.

I too agree that somewhere along the line, he did feel let down by the people he came to trust. I hope with all his connections in the film and tv industry, he'll be able to sign on to another project soon.

Comment

The things some people would do for money.
                        First they use you: we need you, we are a family, we are your friends.""
                        Then they throw you away like garbage: wtf are you? what do you want? gfy!
                        If that is what happened they are slimy ba_tards.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Here is another question.
                          If TPTB got tired of the old cast, why do they bother to marginalize (to throw their characters on some dead levels arc) when they know this is season 10? After all it might be their last. I don't know how those Sci Fi's brass minds work and after they get their magical 2 digit number of seasons (they are trying to get for the last few years) they say: "To the f%#c with this show! We have set the record. It's time for it to become history."
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            FOR COMPLAINTS AND MISGIVINGS ONLY (the thread title) is not a suggestion. This thread is protected and is a safe harbor ONLY for folks who do NOT want an SG-1 Season 10.
                            I do NOT want an SG-1 Season 10!

I don't like the changes they had made!

I don't like season 9!

I don't like season 8!

I don't like Mitchell!

I don't like Vala!

I don't like Teal'c's hair!

I don't like Lam!

I don't like Landry!

I don't like the whole Merlin/King Arthur/Excalibur thing!

I don't like colour of the floor in the stargate room!

They ruined the show!

ARGH!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmm. I'm getting the sense you don't want a season 10.
                              sigpic

Comment

They changed the color of the stargate room's floor? Man, I'm just not paying enough attention to things. Ya learn something new every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X