PDA

View Full Version : S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 07:24 PM
<Mod Insert- Due to the update of this thread all opinions are welcome in this thread now not "just" those thrilled by Season 10. Thank You :) >

Here's a place of all of us that are in favor of Season 10 of SG-1, to positively discuss our thoughts on Season 10 of SG-1. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, etc...

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)

BigGator5
November 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
How can I be pro-S10 when the season hasn't even started or began filming yet?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM
For your information, the Pro-Season 9 Thread was started around this time, too.

And yay 1,600 posts, 201 more, and I have custom avatar.

Skydiver
November 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM
and i'm gonna move this and the anti thread into the s9 folder for the time being until darren makes a s10 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area

Seshat
November 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM
This is a place where we can use our imaginations. ;) Works for me. :)

walterIsTheMan
November 10th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I'm glad to see SG1 going on, but there are a few changes they have to make or I will go crazy:eek:. First, Landry has to stop wearing the flight jacket indoors! It's driving me nuts! Second, Sam and Jack have to get together. Third, we need to revisit some old plot lines, i.e. the Aschen.

SGRanger06
November 10th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I want to see if Landry finds out what Mitchells "kryptonite" is.

CeeKay Sheppard
November 10th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I'd really like to see some serious plot work with Celtic mythology, similar to what's been done with the Egyptian and Norse mythologies. The Celts had some interesting gods and heroes, which would make really cool Stargate characters/aliens.

chyron
November 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Bring it on baby! Maybe we'll finally see the Furlings or at least understand what "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked long ago" means.

CeeKay Sheppard
November 10th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Bring it on baby! Maybe we'll finally see the Furlings or at least understand what "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked long ago" means.

Oh, yes, that would be good to know. I've spent hours lying awake at night trying to figure it out (I'm prone to bouts of insomnia) and gotten nowhere. I could see a whole ep being built around it.

Naeara
November 10th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Hey cool. Thanks for starting this thread, NIWDA. :D

I'd really love to see some interaction between Sam and Vala. They're so opposite and I think it'd be fun to see those two onscreen together. Speaking of Vala, if she does end up in S10 I really want more character development for her and some backstory. Not so much of the OTT wacky hijinks and more depth (it's possible with her, really. :p ).

Hatcheter
November 10th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I say, bring it on! (With Carter in at least three-quarters of the episodes.)

tara3583
November 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Hey cool. Thanks for starting this thread, NIWDA. :D

I'd really love to see some interaction between Sam and Vala. They're so opposite and I think it'd be fun to see those two onscreen together. Speaking of Vala, if she does end up in S10 I really want more character development for her and some backstory. Not so much of the OTT wacky hijinks and more depth (it's possible with her, really. :p ).

I agree with the Sam and Vala statement, i found Vala interesting to start with then she has started to grate on me because i felt she was so over the top that it overshadowed the Ori plot which i really want to follow and of course Cameron which (i've only seen the first 4 episodes so far in the UK) i want to get to know also!
With Sam coming back (Amanda thankyou for coming back in s10!) i would love to see her and Vala form a friendship out of what they have both gone through in the past, both very strong woman but diferant ends of the pole lets hope TPTB go with both on Sg1!

dec55
November 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I'd like to see Lam to get episode or 3.....

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I say yes with All the remaining main characters in All the eps (well like previous years you can give each one or two off). If the main characters do not return then.... I have other opinions.

Could use some new writers too. TPTB need to come up with a few actual new ideas. I mean we are talking the entire universe at our fingertips here... theres got to be something more out there. I do, however, like the idea of a few eps following up on some previous story elements (nick ballard, aschen, mini-jack, hebberon...)

EDIT: Oh, and no babies or childern of any type (except maybe one isolated ep if the story is good like it was for Casandra)

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 05:26 AM
EDIT: Oh, and no babies or childern of any type (except maybe one isolated ep if the story is good like it was for Casandra)
I agree with you. Don't forget the episode with that boy (2x20 Show and Tell), that was a good episode too in my oppinion.

Good think they have a conclusion to 9x20 (it ends with a "TO BE CONTINUED" line).

irishchick
November 11th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I say, bring it on! (With Carter in at least three-quarters of the episodes.)

i totally agree hatcheter but maybe im biased cos im a sam fan. i say s10 bring it on!!!. i think a lot of people jump the gun and say what the point of a s10 it will be crap but has anyone seen the end of s9 it could be brill. lets just see what happens . people KEEP THE FAITH!!:)

immhotep
November 11th, 2005, 01:08 PM
i cant wait for S10, i hope they do all the things they shoulda done ages ago....public revelation !!!!!!! bring on S10

LtColonelSamC
November 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
This is a place where we can use our imaginations. ;) Works for me. :)

Yea for imagination!

Do you guys think that the Ori will be beat by the end of Season 9? Some of my floormates and I were talking, and we got on this discussion...

If you do think that they'll be beaten, who will come up in Season 10?

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM
i cant wait for S10, i hope they do all the things they shoulda done ages ago....public revelation !!!!!!! bring on S10
No, I don't agree with you because IMO that would be a showkiller, a jump in the shark. The thing that I liked in this show is that all this might happen now. So if they would go public then it would not be now but fiction (although Stargate is fiction) or maybe an alternate reality. I'm not such a fan of alternate reality (permanent ones). And as stated in a previous episode the only reality that counts is ours (3x06 Point of View).
Besides if they go public then everything they do (the SG-1 and the SGC) will be under a very damaging microscope. So every little mistake would bring them (SG-1) to the point of being pulled out of the program because of all the negative press articles. So if they would still be arround the show would lose any sense of reality.
Ignorance is bliss:) . Would you really like to know that if you don't worship some wacky beings we will be wacked. It would be like a death row.:(

The Engineer
November 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Yea for imagination!

Do you guys think that the Ori will be beat by the end of Season 9? Some of my floormates and I were talking, and we got on this discussion...

Tell your floormates: Don't hold your breath!
The Ori will not be defeated until the end of season 9 (cliffhangers are for a very good reason). Not even at the end of season 10. Maybe 11 or 12.
And then and then and then and then....
The Furlings (who had turned bad) will come and claim our souls to use them as fuel.

Naeara
November 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM

I doubt it. The Ori have turned out to be great villains and I think it would be a mistake (and also a little unbelievable) to get rid of them so quickly.

the fifth man
November 11th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I doubt it. The Ori have turned out to be great villains and I think it would be a mistake (and also a little unbelievable) to get rid of them so quickly.

Exactly. The Ori are becoming great villans, and I think things are just getting started in our struggle against them. Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.:D

Naeara
November 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.

I love your optimism, the_fifth_man. :D

Hatcheter
November 12th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Exactly. The Ori are becoming great villans, and I think things are just getting started in our struggle against them. Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.:D

It seems that the SGC might be approaching a way to deal with the Priors. I suspect that they'll beat back the priors at the end of the season, but it will be a moot point, as the full assault is coming to convert by the sword. I'm hoping S10 will be galactic war, of a scope not seen in the show before.

valaCB
November 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Bring it on :cool:

the fifth man
November 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I love your optimism, the_fifth_man. :D

Thank you much.:D

Johnquixote
November 13th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I wish the Ori had come earlier! I would have loved to see Reckoning with Goa'uld, Replicators, and the Ori. But since that didn't happen, the Ori are great enemies, and really enjoy how season 9 is playing them out. Although they seem outwardly obvious in their ideology, I feel they are very different and have many dark disturbing secrets. I look forward to Season 10 and still the second half of season 9 to find out more. SG-1 is my scifi fix, and I look forward to watching it for many more years to come.

Hatcheter
November 13th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I wish the Ori had come earlier! I would have loved to see Reckoning with Goa'uld, Replicators, and the Ori. But since that didn't happen, the Ori are great enemies, and really enjoy how season 9 is playing them out. Although they seem outwardly obvious in their ideology, I feel they are very different and have many dark disturbing secrets. I look forward to Season 10 and still the second half of season 9 to find out more. SG-1 is my scifi fix, and I look forward to watching it for many more years to come.

Personnaly, I like the way the SGC basically invited the Ori to our galaxy. I do hope they might explore that a bit, in the same way that Atlantis adresses their own complicity in the Wraith's awakening.

Kelso
November 14th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Well, I'm lovin' season nine... can't wait for season ten!

Rather than dwelling on the past (as many fans would like), SG-1 needs to continue focusing on new plots. We need new allies, new enemies and new story lines! I can't wait to see Mitchell and Vala (along with Landry and Lam) grow into their characters, and continue to play a vital role in the Stargate Universe.

Also, I'd love to see Teal'c continue to fight for the fledgling Jaffa nation and to see the day when all Jaffa are brothers. Daniel Jackson should continue on with his quest to discredit the Ori and reach enlightenment (on his own). Samantha Carter should continue to grow as a leader and a scientist... even if that means making a few road trips to Atlantis. After all, she is far to valuable to be a member of SG-1 forever.

I think that SG-1 can once again reach the greatness of the glory days (seasons 3-6)... not by rehashing old stories, but by creating new ones.

the fifth man
November 14th, 2005, 09:03 PM
There is a lot of promise Season 10 holds. The Ori are great enemies so far, and I can't wait for the battles to actually begin. Our troops against their's. Should be pretty sweet.

The Engineer
November 15th, 2005, 02:33 AM
There is a lot of promise Season 10 holds. The Ori are great enemies so far, and I can't wait for the battles to actually begin. Our troops against their's. Should be pretty sweet.
Yeah man! Pretty sweet and bloody!
But I hope most that S10 won't be the last they do.
Because they set up such an enemy that can't be defeated in just 2 or 3 season or even 4. Hope they won't get canned because of some short sighted view from Sci Fi's part.
We all know how short their sight can be (Farscape for example).

Agent_Dark
November 15th, 2005, 03:48 AM
I'll be interested to see how the cliffhanger that ends S9 plays out :)

Earthwind
November 15th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm soooooooooo happy and excited that there's going to be a season 10 of sg-1.:D

Oranos
November 15th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Agreed. My life without SG-1 and Atlantis is a scary image...

The Engineer
November 15th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Incredible, if you come to think. My God, it really passed 10 years? And Stargate is still on?! :D I remember I was 15 when I first saw the early episodes on HBO Romania (at a year difference). I hope they stay many season from now on and still be of good quality as in the last 9 years.:rolleyes:

Oranos
November 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Incredible, if you come to think. My God, it really passed 10 years? And Stargate is still on?! :D I remember I was 15 when I first saw the early episodes on HBO Romania (at a year difference). I hope they stay many season from now on and still be of good quality as in the last 9 years.:rolleyes:

And with a spinoff series. That is more than incredible...it's, it's...the word eludes me...perhaps because there is none to describe it.

AzMcNeil
November 15th, 2005, 05:08 PM
To quote my favorite animated cat

"Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy!
-Stimpson J Cat (Stimpy)

Oranos
November 15th, 2005, 05:10 PM
To quote my favorite animated cat

"Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy!
-Stimpson J Cat (Stimpy)

Lol, I like it!!
:D

Johnquixote
November 15th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Oh yes, hallowed are the Ori for season 10

The Engineer
November 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Me too:D . I've read one of the producers comment that would have been very bad for the show to just end Stargate on a cliffhanger, and especially on that kind of cliffhanger. I can hardly wait.
I am also eager to see how they solve it in Season 10.:cool:

sandyer
November 15th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I would watch season 10 no matter how bad season 9 is. One thing I would like to see though is Cassandra coming back and them touch on cassandra's 'psi' powers that she had in the episode Rite of Passage. They must be similar to the Priors after all. It would be intresting for them to see if that could help them in any way.

the fifth man
November 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Oh yes, hallowed are the Ori for season 10

I'll second that, brother. However, those suckers are going down.

the fifth man
November 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM

I am so with you on that one.:) Season 10 is like a dream come true for me. I know I'll be glued to Sci-Fi every Friday at 8pm.

starathena74
November 15th, 2005, 09:11 PM
lmao we all have been doing the happy dance 4 about all most a mouth now

plaw15
November 15th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I hope stargate keeps going tell at least the 13th year. If not there is always alantis.

Peoples_General
November 15th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Its the new "Never Ending Story"! :D

jefferyb
November 15th, 2005, 11:23 PM
If stargate never ended my life would be complete. Also at the beginning of season 9 they had some critic on scifi, right before the first episode, saying that with the fan base the future is almost limitless.

The Engineer
November 16th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I would watch season 10 no matter how bad season 9 is. One thing I would like to see though is Cassandra coming back and them touch on cassandra's 'psi' powers that she had in the episode Rite of Passage. They must be similar to the Priors after all. It would be intresting for them to see if that could help them in any way.
Yeah that would be interesting. But I don't think that she has them any longer. It was either that or die. And I remeber she survived. Now she is normal, no telekinetical powers, maybe she is in medical school to become a doctor like Faser. But who knows maybe those powers are something that resurface from time to time. Let's say 5-7 years time period from the first 'psi' power manifestation. That would be very interesting, now that Niirti is no more alive, and the story would perfectly fit in the Ori general arc (like Khalek - Anubis' prototype - did).

Crichton
November 16th, 2005, 03:18 AM
I hope stargate keeps going tell at least the 13th year. If not there is always alantis.
Atlantis will do no less than 5 seasons. SG-1, who knows...there's not much reason besides major casting changes that would stop it at this point. Battlestar Galactica is a critics wet dream and as long as all three shows are aired on the same night, they should be unstoppable.

The Engineer
November 16th, 2005, 09:01 AM
SG-1, who knows...there's not much reason besides major casting changes that would stop it at this point.
Perhaps only the money would be the issue.

Naeara
November 16th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah that would be interesting. But I don't think that she has them any longer. It was either that or die. And I remeber she survived. Now she is normal, no telekinetical powers, maybe she is in medical school to become a doctor like Faser. But who knows maybe those powers are something that resurface from time to time. Let's say 5-7 years time period from the first 'psi' power manifestation. That would be very interesting, now that Niirti is no more alive, and the story would perfectly fit in the Ori general arc (like Khalek - Anubis' prototype - did).

Personally I just want to see something involving Cassandra. I'll even take a little mention if they're not willing to devote an ep to it. I just want something more than Sam's "Cassie was having a hard time." A hard time with what??

sandyer
November 16th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Personally I just want to see something involving Cassandra. I'll even take a little mention if they're not willing to devote an ep to it. I just want something more than Sam's "Cassie was having a hard time." A hard time with what??

^
That what I meant to say sorry I wasn't clear. Totally agree with Naeara.:D

the fifth man
November 16th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Atlantis will do no less than 5 seasons. SG-1, who knows...there's not much reason besides major casting changes that would stop it at this point. Battlestar Galactica is a critics wet dream and as long as all three shows are aired on the same night, they should be unstoppable.

Yep, the best three hours on television today. And hopefully, for many years still to come.:)

Lexa Jayde
November 17th, 2005, 06:29 AM
i cant wait to see if they sign CB in season 10... taht will be interesting/.....

the fifth man
November 17th, 2005, 01:03 PM
i cant wait to see if they sign CB in season 10... taht will be interesting/.....

Personally, I kind of feel it coming. I just hope people give her a decent chance, that's all.

chyron
November 21st, 2005, 09:23 AM
Vala will be a regular in S10.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33347

Naeara
November 21st, 2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up, chyron. I for one am pretty excited about this. I read a report from the San Jose con that took place recently and MS said that everyone was well aware that if Vala became a regular, she would need to be toned down. I'm excited to see where they'll go with her. :)

The Engineer
November 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
Vala will be a regular in S10.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33347

Thanks for the link.:D

The Engineer
November 21st, 2005, 11:32 AM
Here is another:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/claudiablackjoinsisg-1icas.shtml

MasySyma
November 21st, 2005, 06:49 PM
Go Season 10!!!

The cast is returning; Vala (although hopefully a bit toned down) will return, and the show has enough plots to continue for years.

Yeah!!! I'm with The Fifth Man. My Friday nights are booked for the duration of the show. I'm looking forward to the rest of Season 9 and Season 10. :D

the fifth man
November 21st, 2005, 09:22 PM
Go Season 10!!!

The cast is returning; Vala (although hopefully a bit toned down) will return, and the show has enough plots to continue for years.

Yeah!!! I'm with The Fifth Man. My Friday nights are booked for the duration of the show. I'm looking forward to the rest of Season 9 and Season 10. :D

Good to hear, sister.:) I am also very pleased everyone will be returning next season. I can't wait to see what tptb will have in store for our SG-1 and Vala in Season 10.

Johnquixote
November 22nd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Go S10!
Im glad Vala's comin back, though I wonder how they will fit her screen time with Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c. I think it would be great if she was officially part of the team. Definately good stuff though!

creed462
November 22nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes! I can't wait

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2005, 08:05 PM
Go S10!
Im glad Vala's comin back, though I wonder how they will fit her screen time with Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c. I think it would be great if she was officially part of the team. Definately good stuff though!

Officially part of the team or not, having her around will be interesting. She could really come in handy in certain situations. Especially with the rising Lucian Alliance.

the fifth man
November 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I'm really excited to see how the rest of season 9 will end up setting us up for next season. Should be quite interesting.

StarDreamer
November 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Yes, my Friday nights are booked too! I'm so happy that we're getting a season 10! Other than continuing a great show and new storyline, ten years is a great milestone!

I'm really excited to see how the rest of season 9 will end up setting us up for next season. Should be quite interesting.

I feel the same. I find the issues with the Ori so interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this new storyline goes...

the fifth man
November 29th, 2005, 07:21 PM
It will also be nice to finally know just how Vala will fit into things in season 10. Will she be a part of SG-1, or just around? Will she be good, or evil? All questions that need answering.

The Engineer
November 30th, 2005, 12:45 AM
It will also be nice to finally know just how Vala will fit into things in season 10. Will she be a part of SG-1, or just around? Will she be good, or evil? All questions that need answering.
some say she could
be with the team for the first 5 eps and then turn bad
and when I say "say" I mean "speculate". http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/images/smileys/33.gif Don't know if it's true (and like I said in another thread I have mixed feelings about that).

the fifth man
November 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM
some say she could
be with the team for the first 5 eps and then turn bad
and when I say "say" I mean "speculate". http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/images/smileys/33.gif Don't know if it's true (and like I said in another thread I have mixed feelings about that).

Thanks for the info anyways, though. I guess anything could be possible.

LittleGreyGirl
December 1st, 2005, 12:03 PM
Whoohoo!!! Yay for Season 10!!!! I'm a bit behind in Season 9 but i'll catch up soon enough.
Very glad to have everyone coming back and CB as a regular.:D

LittleGreyGirl

Exiled Master
December 1st, 2005, 12:41 PM
I'm loving the idea of season 10!! :D I hope that I will have scifi again by that time. For the time being, I'm going to try and get as many of the season dvd box sets as possible. I hope there will be a star wars type fight some time in season 10. You know, two battles going on at once, one with the protagonist and the other with everyone else. :rolleyes:

the fifth man
December 1st, 2005, 12:57 PM
I just can't help but think what kinds of story ideas tptb may be spinning in their minds or to each other. Man, would I love to be a fly on the wall in their meeting room. You know?:)

Lord Shiva
December 2nd, 2005, 03:15 PM
*thumbs up*

I find that those who hate are (no offense intended) very anal when it comes to their hatred... there is no middle ground, it is simply "I hate what they are doing/I won't support the product or buy the DVD's!"

I have enjoyed Stargate from Season 1, and have seen it develop, change, etc. and while even I have not liked every single thing, I have always liked the overall show, and have enjoyed both season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis... and I see the next seasons to be just as good.

And, yes, I like Vala :P

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
*thumbs up*

I find that those who hate are (no offense intended) very anal when it comes to their hatred... there is no middle ground, it is simply "I hate what they are doing/I won't support the product or buy the DVD's!"

I have enjoyed Stargate from Season 1, and have seen it develop, change, etc. and while even I have not liked every single thing, I have always liked the overall show, and have enjoyed both season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis... and I see the next seasons to be just as good.

And, yes, I like Vala :P

Welcome aboard, my friend. I feel much the same way you do.:)

TameFarrar
December 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
I am excited about season 10 :) My only wish for the new season would be maybe some fresh writers. Not to say the old are anything to sneeze at.....but I have seen some of the old *ideas* from early SG-1 already recycled on Sg-1 and now those same concepts have been utilized on SGA. I definitely realize that there is a limit sometimes to the extent that Sci-Fi can go.......BUT I see that more as a writing problem. Even re-cycled ideas can seem new and fresh when seen through new eyes.

I absolutely want to continue to see more SG-1 as long as they keep expanding or pushing the egde of the envelope. With Sci-Fi they have the luxury of using so many *real world* events as an inspiration and putting that spin on it to make it not only profound but entertaining as well. However, I do keep in mind that SG-1 is a bit of a *lighter* show at times and that is one of the many reasons I love watching it :)

Seshat
December 3rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
*thumbs up*

And, yes, I like Vala :P I post my pro- thoughts for season 10 in here, and my anti- thoughts in the anti-thread. And so do lots of others, btw, who read both threads AND the S10 General Discussion. It IS possible to feel happy one of my favorite show is continuing and still have doubts about its evolution. And to want to share those thoughts with others. :)

The one thing I don't do is denigrate other posters for having opposite opinions, which is why I am respectful to my fellow posters in ALL the threads. "Respect your fellow users" is one of the rules around here.

Lord Shiva
December 3rd, 2005, 06:38 PM
The one thing I don't do is denigrate other posters for having opposite opinions, which is why I am respectful to my fellow posters in ALL the threads. "Respect your fellow users" is one of the rules around here.

It isn't denegrating, it is using the tried-and-true method of stereotyping people - I am very happy that you work both corners and feel confident in both pro- and anti- threads, but a majority of people who hate something often do not live in the middleground. You have every right to call Me anal for believing they are anal if you so wish.

But I might have to sic My Jaffa on you.

Seshat
December 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
It isn't denegrating, it is using the tried-and-true method of stereotyping people - I am very happy that you work both corners and feel confident in both pro- and anti- threads, but a majority of people who hate something often do not live in the middleground. You have every right to call Me anal for believing they are anal if you so wish.

But I might have to sic My Jaffa on you.
LOL :D Made me giggle. :)

I can't agree about few of us fans being in the middleground on their feelings about the show, though. It's not a black or white issue for many, more like a love/hate relationship. ;) The show would have to pretty one-dimensional for folks to be completely anti or completely pro, and I think it's more than that. At least I am willing to consider that most folks are at least as complex as myself in their emotions. :rolleyes:

There are things I love about a season 10, like seeing Sam back fulltime (please) and hopefully some more stuff for Teal'c to do besides look askance. I wanna see Cam fleshed out, and more on our new General. Here's hopin'. :)

Lord Shiva
December 3rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
There are things I love about a season 10, like seeing Sam back fulltime (please) and hopefully some more stuff for Teal'c to do besides look askance. I wanna see Cam fleshed out, and more on our new General. Here's hopin'. :)

I totally agree with you - I definetely want to see Cam fleshed out as well, but I also want to continue to see Vala's flesh as well... my main complaint about the anti-establishment is they feel Stargate should not have any "adult" subject matter such as sexual innuendo, or others who feel Sam is perfect because she doesn't need to show off her body like Val does - but as I said above, we've grown with Stargate and I believe the show has matured and we, as viewers, can handle the sex.

Also, we have always been witness to death and violence - and while I am a tried-and-true American (well, that is, when I use this primitive planet for cover, I work from the cover of an American), I agree with Europe when it comes to the issues of violence vs. sex.

It's ok to see the life run out of the face of an actor, to see them die, yet when someone talks about making babies or that they want to hump Daniel, people gasp and think it is awful.

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
It's ok to see the life run out of the face of an actor, to see them die, yet when someone talks about making babies or that they want to hump Daniel, people gasp and think it is awful.

Funny, isn't it? Or sad. One of those, anyways.:)

Seshat
December 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I totally agree with you - I definetely want to see Cam fleshed out as well, but I also want to continue to see Vala's flesh as well... my main complaint about the anti-establishment is they feel Stargate should not have any "adult" subject matter such as sexual innuendo, or others who feel Sam is perfect because she doesn't need to show off her body like Val does - but as I said above, we've grown with Stargate and I believe the show has matured and we, as viewers, can handle the sex.

Also, we have always been witness to death and violence - and while I am a tried-and-true American (well, that is, when I use this primitive planet for cover, I work from the cover of an American), I agree with Europe when it comes to the issues of violence vs. sex.

Since this is the pro- thread, I can't really have a discussion with you about your generalizations here, it wouldn't be fair to the pro posters whom I dearly respect. Why not come to the S10 general discussion thread sometime to talk about it? I think you will find that no one on either side of the Atlantic is as single-minded in their opinions as you seem to think they are. ;) All folks are welcome there as long as they are willing to discuss opinions without judging the posters who make them. :)

Lord Shiva
December 5th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Yay season 10.

lol (sorry, the anti-thread is so popular :P). Why am I looking forward to the 2nd half of season 9 and season 10? i don't mind the change... I know some people don't like change, and they wish the show was the same show from season 1. But its not - that's why shows change, and sometimes they survive and sometimes they die. X-Files is a good example.

I think Stargate will definetely survive, its a new franchise. But we'll see :)

the fifth man
December 5th, 2005, 08:41 PM
But we'll see :)

I definitely think SG-1 can survive past season 10. IMO, tptb still have the winning formula when it come to story-telling. And if they can develop our new characters even a fraction of what they did for the earlier seasons, I think we'll be well off. I'm going into this all smiles.:)

gatewonderer114
December 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I'm excited right now because of the fact that SG-1 will be the longest running Sci-Fi series ever.

nodrog
December 8th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I don't know but I want vala back!!

the fifth man
December 9th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I don't know but I want vala back!!

Oh, we'll be getting plenty of her.:) I just can't wait to see how all this time in the Ori galaxy will have affected her. How different she may be.

yabyumpan
December 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Over at the Solutions forum Joe answered a question regarding whether Daniel (or Teal'c) will tell Vala about Sha're/Amaunet. Joe said that they/he would in "Counter-Strike". He also said that it was "very possible" that something would be made of Sam and Vala both having the experience of being ex-hosts.

This makes me even more excited about S10. For a start, it's acknowledging and drawing on the past mythology, which is something that many fans have been crying out for. It's also a way for closer bonds (or at least understanding) to be formed between Vala and Daniel, Sam and Teal'c.

I loved Vala at the begining of the season and think we got some tantalizing glimpses of her previous life which I'd love to see explored. The fact that her experience as a host can be explored in connection to events in SG1's past make this even better. I know some people are saying that she doesn't fit on the show but hopefully, tying her in to past Stargate mythology will help with that, (although some people are not going to like her what ever they do :rolleyes: )

Naeara
December 19th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Over at the Solutions forum Joe answered a question regarding whether Daniel (or Teal'c) will tell Vala about Sha're/Amaunet. Joe said that they/he would in "Counter-Strike". He also said that it was "very possible" that something would be made of Sam and Vala both having the experience of being ex-hosts.

Oh I so hope they follow through with that. *crosses fingers and toes*

the fifth man
December 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I know some people are saying that she doesn't fit on the show but hopefully, tying her in to past Stargate mythology will help with that, (although some people are not going to like her what ever they do :rolleyes: )

Boy isn't that the sad truth. Some people just refuse to be appeased. Good post, by the way. I hope a lot of this does come to pass. These things would really help Vala grow as a character, and fit in more with the team.

MasySyma
December 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM

This makes me even more excited about S10. For a start, it's acknowledging and drawing on the past mythology, which is something that many fans have been crying out for. It's also a way for closer bonds (or at least understanding) to be formed between Vala and Daniel, Sam and Teal'c.

Excellent. I'm so looking forward to Season 9 Part 2 and Season 10.

the fifth man
December 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Excellent. I'm so looking forward to Season 9 Part 2 and Season 10.

I think it's safe to say a large number of us are as well.:)

Johnquixote
December 31st, 2005, 08:46 AM
Got a feeling were all going to be dying to watch season ten after Camelot.

Formerhost
December 31st, 2005, 10:50 AM

Is it July yet? :cool:

KillerMercury
December 31st, 2005, 12:13 PM
Oh I so hope they follow through with that. *crosses fingers and toes*

Same here. Jolinar never gets acknowledged anymore!

the fifth man
December 31st, 2005, 10:29 PM

I hear that!:) I'm already dying to see season 10.:D

Fantasy769
January 1st, 2006, 01:29 AM
I wish the writers to please have better transitions in between episodes. The transition between season 8 and 9 was really horrible and the characters seemed to fall apart. Jack and Sam? Season 9 transition?

I was one that wanted Jack and Sam to get together ....and they did at the end of season 8.

The rough transition of season 9, I didn't see any residue of if they were living together like it was hinting --"you've got packing to do" in 8 at the very end.

Did the writers forget? I haven't been able to watch intently all of aired season 9 -- was there some kind of hint of anything else?

Was the reason for Jack leaving because they got together? (In real life - I know that Richard needed time away and spend time with his beautiful daughter) - But show wise... if he comes back as a guest now and then, are Jack and Sam going to be more of a couple? Is she going to pick up the phone and say "I'll see if he's home?" .. or did the writers forget about Jack and Sam together?

Are they going to intergate it with Sam's Character or are they going to make it seem like she is still single?

Madeleine
January 1st, 2006, 02:36 AM

Oooh, goody :):).

I'll upgrade Oooh, goody :):) to YES! HURRAH :):D if that very possible gets upgraded to yes definitely. jolinar's been ignored for too long.

PG15
January 1st, 2006, 12:24 PM
The rough transition of season 9, I didn't see any residue of if they were living together like it was hinting --"you've got packing to do" in 8 at the very end.

That was for the fishing trip.

dec55
January 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yay season 10.

lol (sorry, the anti-thread is so popular :P). Why am I looking forward to the 2nd half of season 9 and season 10? i don't mind the change... I know some people don't like change, and they wish the show was the same show from season 1. But its not - that's why shows change, and sometimes they survive and sometimes they die. X-Files is a good example.

I think Stargate will definetely survive, its a new franchise. But we'll see :)

I don't think the anti threads are so popular as opposed to being more used
by the same folks over and over....to vent complaints.(I haven't seen so much energy from folks, in trying to put down a continueing show, and still watching it, instead of going to
a show they do like....:lol )

When you have nothing to complain about like in the pro threads....one tends to be less verbal and more concentrated on enjoying the show. You can only say you love the
show in so many ways.......IMO

Did I say I am gonna love season 10???? ;)

the fifth man
January 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
When you have nothing to complain about like in the pro threads....one tends to be less verbal and more concentrated on enjoying the show. You can only say you love the

I totally agree with this. Tptb just must be extremely good at pleasing me, because I am pretty content with things as is. As for the point of only being able to say you love a show in so many ways, you are so right. The next logical step would be a tattoo.:D

Formerhost
January 2nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Is it July yet? :D

the fifth man
January 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
Is it July yet? :D

Yeah, I can't wait for season 10. But let's not rush things too much. We still have an awesome second half of season 9 to see. And that has me very excited.:)

dec55
January 4th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Season 10 is a given...there are so many stories to be told.

the fifth man
January 4th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Season 10 is a given...there are so many stories to be told.

And I can't wait to see every single one they can squeeze into season 10. Then see what they have in store for us for season 11.:D

Mattathias2.0
January 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I am looking forward to the second half of Season 9, and the upcoming Season 10.

I am particuarlly wondering about... well... everything: The Ori, Baal, and what the government is going to do next to screw us up.

Also wondering if Kinsey is going to return. I rewatched Full Alert on my brand new Season 8 DVDs... and we didn't see him die... so he still could have survived somehow (Do you think if the Goa'uld-via-Trust made a major grab for power, they wouldn't have a backup plan to save their own butts?).

Even tho Daniel says that GoaKinsey must not be working for Baal... It's too much in Baal's behavior for him not to be working for Baal (anyone remember the Goa'uld spy in Fallout? or the gate problem in Avenger 2.0? or all technology he had access to working for Anubis?).

Mattathias

the fifth man
January 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I am particuarlly wondering about... well... everything: The Ori, Baal, and what the government is going to do next to screw us up.

Don't forget about how Vala will fit into things, or what may happen with the Free Jaffa Nation. Yep, no doubt that tptb have no shortage of potential storylines for season 10.:)

NakedJehutyV2
January 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
vala and daniel together

GATEGOD
January 5th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Here's a place of all of us that are in favor of Season 10 of SG-1, to positively discuss our thoughts on Season 10 of SG-1. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, etc...

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)
how can any self respecting sg1 fan not be pro season 10 , Season 10 all the way :jack: :sam: :tealc: :cameron: :vala: :daniel:

the fifth man
January 7th, 2006, 10:59 PM
how can any self respecting sg1 fan not be pro season 10 , Season 10 all the way :jack: :sam: :tealc: :cameron: :vala: :daniel:

I'm totally with you. But they are out there. And they're entitled to their opinions. That said though, at least we're having a good time still.:) Enjoying the ride, as it were. After seeing how things are coming together after Friday's ep, I am even more excited about next season. The possibilities are endless.

Merlin_Ancient
January 8th, 2006, 07:05 PM
They should have alot of fights. Like Alterans vs Ori fights. Like ascended vs ascended. And have the Noxz Azgard and Furlings (i wish they are alive) all join together and help the alterans win.

BigGator5
January 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I don't think the anti threads are so popular as opposed to being more used
by the same folks over and over....to vent complaints.(I haven't seen so much energy from folks, in trying to put down a continueing show, and still watching it, instead of going to
a show they do like....:lol )

There is nothing to do for this post but give it green! I tried to aruge this point in another thread, but people didn't agree with my opinion.

I also think we should give each other green in this thread like people do in the "Anti" threads do. If the has to stay open, then let's take advantage.

So, who wants green? Post how you're going to love S10 or don't like the "Anti" threads and I will give green to you!

PG15
January 9th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Season 10 is gonna rock!! More team episodes!! :D

FireCat
January 10th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I like the way season 9 has gone with all the new characters. Even like Vala. ;)

So I'm all for a season 10, or even more.

The Engineer
January 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
If they will do episodes like The Fourth Horseman, Avalon, Origin, The Powers That Be, Beachhead or Prototype, then gooooooo go go go go.
If they won't be on the same level of quality... I will settle with "better" than Season 9;).
So TPTB all I want for Christmas (the next one) is the number ELEVEN (the season, of course, not the chapter:P) because season 10 was so good :)that Sci Fi dared for more. ;)
Breaking the one digit barrier in matters of seasons of a sci fi show is like breaking the sound barrier. So I hope it lasts at least until Mach 2.

the fifth man
January 10th, 2006, 07:38 PM
So TPTB all I want for Christmas (the next one) is the number ELEVEN (the season, of course, not the chapter:P) because season 10 was so good :)that Sci Fi dared for more. ;)

Personally, I think we will see a lot more episodes of that stellar quality still this season, next season, and beyond.:) TPTB are just too talented and care too much about this show to have it any other way. At least, that's my opinion. I just really think SG-1 has a shot at keeping going for some time to come. Even past a season 11.:D At least I sure hope so.

BigGator5
January 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I am also hoping for a Season 11. However, they shouldn't do S11, just to do S11. If you know what I mean.

the fifth man
January 10th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I am also hoping for a Season 11. However, they shouldn't do S11, just to do S11. If you know what I mean.

Of course. I totally agree. I just don't think we have to worry about that. Tptb seem to really care about this show, and I think that they still have a ton of great stories left to tell.

deltsigpun
January 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM
What I'd like to see in Season 10:

- more explaination on the alliance of the 4 races and why it fell apart(if it even has, back when jack first met the asguard they told him that we had advanced much farther than they thought and that we have made steps in becoming the fifth race- i.e. maybe the alliance is still there?)
- i want some more stories with the Nox, they cant be totally passive, if they were in the alliance they must of had something to offer ( WHAT WAS IT?)
- Where are the furlings? Maybe that can be answered by the Atlantis database?
- id like to see earth get some advanced weapons for its ships, if not for the the asguard giving us shields and hyperdrive tech for helping them with the replicators we would still not have useful defense tech after 9 seasons and we still dont have any advanced weapons. It's time we get some.

- have any Tollans survived? and are they now willing to share tech?

-Aschen would be cool, but im not sure how they work since they only seem to have advanced bio weapons and SPOLIERS:***************************

thats been done with the Prior plague.

-More Baal
- I want to see what tech. that fat gould guy we have captured at Area 51 has come up with.

- Return of Anubis, maybe have him be part of the solution to stop the Ori.

-I would be cool if SG1 could find an Ancient City or Outpost with helpful tech. on a new unexplored planet in the MW

BigGator5
January 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Wouldn't we all like to know more about the Alliance of the 4 Races. The drawback we are currently facing, is the only real people who would be able to tell us are the Asgard. My theory on the Furlings is that they are with the Alterans. We know that the Ancients are made up of different races, so it would seem logical not to guess otherwise.

If any Tollans survied, they are most likely are in hiding on a planet that does not have a Stargate licking their wounds.

Aschen dail the black-hole, so they are toast (good riddence to bad rubbush I say).

The Engineer
January 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Aschen dail the black-hole, so they are toast (good riddence to bad rubbush I say).
I wouldn't count them out, just because TPTB intended to produce a Judgement Day, doesn't mean something happend to them at all. Most likely they are still stranded in that corner of galaxy SG-1 found them.

As for the Alliance I am also eager to see some light sheding. Why it was created? How it worked? How and why did it died?

As for the Furlings it would be interesting to find that they became the Goa'uld (I have a theory of mine).

Formerhost
January 11th, 2006, 01:21 PM
After reading a preview for season 10's premiere episode here at GW and at PegasusGalaxy I can hardly wait to see it!!! Sounds like a great episode! Love RCC's penned eps, definitely :)

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Wow, I go take a nap and all hell breaks loose! New forums and in-depth summary of the first S10 episode.

From what I can read, it looks like fun!

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I'm suprised that I like the idea of Adria (Vala's child)

While I normally hate superbabies, I like what I have read about Adria, especially when they went further about it at the Pegasus Galaxy forums.
Vala bites the bullet for Daniel, Adria still feels for her mother and goes to heal her. Though I wonder how this works, she is sposed to be the incarnation of the Ori, yet attempting to save her mom seems awfully human. Maybe the Ori like Vala's crazy antics!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 11th, 2006, 07:37 PM

While I normally hate superbabies, I like what I have read about Adria, especially when they went further about it at the Pegasus Galaxy forums.
Vala bites the bullet for Daniel, Adria still feels for her mother and goes to heal her. Though I wonder how this works, she is sposed to be the incarnation of the Ori, yet attempting to save her mom seems awfully human. Maybe the Ori like Vala's crazy antics!
maybe, but that would be ironic

valaCB
January 11th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Vala in season 10. Im all pro :vala:

the fifth man
January 12th, 2006, 12:04 AM
The first ep sounds pretty kick-a**. I can't wait to see how things end up playing out.

Formerhost
January 12th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Let's hope they'll be able to find smart and talented kids to play both Adrias in the first episode of season 10... Kid Orlin in THF was terrible...:S

Iguana775
January 12th, 2006, 09:47 AM

I'm assuming that's where her human side comes in. she may have all the power and memories of the Ori but she is still human in a sense.

SGFerrit
January 12th, 2006, 10:29 AM
how can the people in the anti thread say it is getting worse when actualy it is getting better all of the time? Yhey must be afraid of change, but to scared to admit it.

StarzSkyMoon
January 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Let's hope they'll be able to find smart and talented kids to play both Adrias in the first episode of season 10... Kid Orlin in THF was terrible...:S
I have to agree... he was dry and monotone. I think that might have been the effect they were looking for, but it looks like he was just reading cue cards. i dont remember where i heard it ,but someone said episodes are only as good as the guest stars. That fact was evident here, because orlin really brought the quality of the episode down.

:cool: Lizbeth

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I have to agree... he was dry and monotone.

Sean Patrick Flanery's origanal portrayal of Orlin in "Ascension" was kind of dry and monotone. He was like, "Oh, ok..." all through-out the episode. I think the kid was just trying to keep up with Flanery's acting level...

Johnquixote
January 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
29 points from a second green cube! so close!
I gotta post something really smart, please green me!

Hrm...

I'm at a loss...

I really liked the idea Joe brought up for an ep called "Lives Unlived". The team takes a piece of technology through the gate and it transports them to an Earth where Apophis took over. I think they should have this in Season 10, with O'niell to guest star.

Doesn't quite cut being smart.

I like the Ori, is that green worthy?

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I wish I can give you more green dude. I have been trying to show support for all my fellow Pro-S9/S10 by giving all as much green as I can.

Formerhost
January 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM
29 points from a second green cube! so close!
I gotta post something really smart, please green me!

Hrm...

I'm at a loss...

I really liked the idea Joe brought up for an ep called "Lives Unlived". The team takes a piece of technology through the gate and it transports them to an Earth where Apophis took over. I think they should have this in Season 10, with O'niell to guest star.

Doesn't quite cut being smart.

I like the Ori, is that green worthy?

Greened you :)

Formerhost
January 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I wish I can give you more green dude. I have been trying to show support for all my fellow Pro-S9/S10 by giving all as much green as I can.

Unfortunatly I can't green you at the moment, have to spread some around first :)

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Unfortunatly I can't green you at the moment, have to spread some around first :)

It's all cool. I try as much as I can and if I can give it, I will. Us Pro-S9/S10ers have to stick together and support each other. If you get in a debate and need "Pro-ers" help, my PM is open to everyone (I normaly keep my inbox as free as possible).

StarzSkyMoon
January 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Sean Patrick Flanery's origanal portrayal of Orlin in "Ascension" was kind of dry and monotone. He was like, "Oh, ok..." all through-out the episode. I think the kid was just trying to keep up with Flanery's acting level...

Yes, i realized that....

I think that might have been the effect they were looking for, but it looks like he was just reading cue cards. That is what i was alluding to here.

I know Orlin has a very subdued and bland personality, but i felt like Cameron Bright was overacting that point and it left the character wanting.

:cool: Lizbeth

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 09:43 PM
This (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4818677#post4818677) is what I am talking about people. Pure and blind hate at a season they have yet to see. Then they spread their hate (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22353&page=6) to other discussion threads. It killed the nice little discussion we were having about the Dark Daniel idea.

I am beyond annoyed at them. I am angry that they have been allowed to foster under the mods.

NotAscended
January 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Wow ... just read the spoilers, and it sounds really good. The question that comes to mind is: What were the Ori thinking in choosing Vala as the vessel for their evil spawn? Didn't they meet her and realize how opposed she was to their agenda? That just seems like a plan bound to backfire on them.

Edited because I can't spell.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 12th, 2006, 10:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the secret to a good season is a lot of stand-alones that develop the characters but tie in loosely to the main storyline so that everything comes together in a manner like a symphony. And of course, a major two parter at the end of the season.
:)
I love StarGate SG-1 and can't wait for Season 10.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Wow... just read the spoilers, and it sounds really good. The question that comes to mind is: What were the Ori thinking in choosing Vala as the vessel for their evil spawn? Didn't they meet her and realize how opposed she was to their agenda? That just seems like a plan bound to backfire on them.

Maybe they thought she would turn to their side, if she was given proof of their power.

Formerhost
January 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Maybe they thought she would turn to their side, if she was given proof of their power.

Or maybe they found earlier the possibility for DNA manipulation and somehow managed to add Daniel's DNA to the mix? How about that?

BigGator5
January 13th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Or maybe they found earlier the possibility for DNA manipulation and somehow managed to add Daniel's DNA to the mix? How about that?

As they say, the sky's the limit. ;)

the fifth man
January 13th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Seeing the team mesh more in tonight's ep just wets my appetite for season 10 a little more. I can't see what ends up happening with Vala's daughter .

valaCB
January 14th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Seeing the team mesh more in tonight's ep just wets my appetite for season 10 a little more. I can't see what ends up happening with Vala's daughter .
Me too and BTW - there's a Counting Vala days HERE http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?t=16676&page=71&pp=10

Formerhost
January 14th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Me too and BTW - there's a Counting Vala days HERE http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?t=16676&page=71&pp=10

Yay! 6 episodes more and we'll see Vala again! :vala: :cool:

valaCB
January 14th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Yay! 6 episodes more and we'll see Vala again! :vala: :cool:

:jack_new_anime07: :valaanime06: :zelenka25:

schweinsty
January 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Having recently read the spoilers for season 10, I can barely wait until July - especially for Counter-Strike: SpoilersHow will Daniel tell Vala about Sha're? Can't wait to see it - looking good already.

Formerhost
January 16th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Having recently read the spoilers for season 10, I can barely wait until July - especially for Counter-Strike: SpoilersHow will Daniel tell Vala about Sha're? Can't wait to see it - looking good already.

Welcome aboard!

Counter-Strike is gonna be 6th or 7th episode, so we'll see it........ counting..... still counting... late August? I can hardly wait to see it, too, it definitely looks very promising :)

valaCB
January 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Im not reading spoilers, so thanx for the tags :jonas:

shockwave
January 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome aboard!

Counter-Strike is gonna be 6th or 7th episode, so we'll see it........ counting..... still counting... late August? I can hardly wait to see it, too, it definitely looks very promising :)
Counter-Strike is 7th, 6th is the special 200th episode

the fifth man
January 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I really think next season is going to be sweet. So much seems like it's going to be going on. I can hardly wait. Luckily there's still eight more eps this season to keep me going.

Formerhost
January 19th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I really think next season is going to be sweet. So much seems like it's going to be going on. I can hardly wait. Luckily there's still eight more eps this season to keep me going.

Eight eps this season and then 4 loooooooong months until season 10 starts in July! How are we going to survive these 4 months? :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :cameron: :sam:

valaCB
January 19th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Eight eps this season and then 4 loooooooong months until season 10 starts in July! How are we going to survive these 4 months? :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :cameron: :sam:
Yes! There's a life behind TV program ;) :p :hammond15: :zelenka25:

Formerhost
January 19th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Yes! There's a life behind TV program ;) :p :hammond15: :zelenka25:

vizel
January 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Same here!

Hybridbabe
January 22nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
Wow ... just read the spoilers, and it sounds really good. The question that comes to mind is: What were the Ori thinking in choosing Vala as the vessel for their evil spawn? Didn't they meet her and realize how opposed she was to their agenda? That just seems like a plan bound to backfire on them.

Edited because I can't spell.

There's another possibility here that may be the reason why:

Who is Vala "attached to" that the Ori are a little interested in? Someone they consider more than a threat and pretty much a worthy adversary?

I'll give you a clue: he looks like this ------>:daniel:

Get to Vala, tie her to the Ori, you'll inevitably tie Daniel along with her. Your greatest enemy could become your greatest friend. Remember: Daniel's been ascended; he batted for the Alteran side before, and that information could be of EXTREMELY HUGE value to the Ori.

And think about it: if Daniel was enticed into following the Ori, and if the Ori actually ARE the bad guys and they lied to him to gain his faith, what chance in hell do the rest of us face? If they can get the biggest disbeliever to believe, we're all screwed.

Egraine
January 23rd, 2006, 08:09 AM
LOVED Ripple Effect and am stoked about Season 10. I really like how the chemistry of the SG1 team is developing. Landry is proving formidable and capable, with a nice bit of humor.

Of course, Mongo Mitchell in Calvins was a nice bonus. :cameron:

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM

I guess in the same way we survived the mid-season hiatus. With the SG-1 season box sets and season 9 that I have been taping.:D Those, along with the wonderful time spent on this very forum, should make the time fly.

The Engineer
January 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
as far as I understand from the spoiler I read (sorry, couldn't help myself) from Flesh and Blood it seems that not Vala is the new enemy of season 10 - a good think I might add. The title name is very well chosen, it's about something thicker than water.

the fifth man
January 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM
as far as I understand from the spoiler I read (sorry, couldn't help myself) from Flesh and Blood it seems that not Vala is the new enemy of season 10 - a good think I might add. The title name is very well chosen, it's about something thicker than water.

That it is. Next season definitely has a lot of potential. And after yet another good episode tonight on SG-1, I really can't wait to see what tptb have in store for us in Season 10.:)

The Engineer
January 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
That it is. Next season definitely has a lot of potential. And after yet another good episode tonight on SG-1, I really can't wait to see what tptb have in store for us in Season 10.:)
Me too, after seeing Stronghold, I'm begining to believe that good things may come for us.
I think this is the best way of tonning Vala down in a way not to harm the series. The 2nd worst thing that could happen to a parent is that his/her child take a wrong turn in life.

plaw15
January 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I can't wait for season 10!!!!!!!!!

the fifth man
January 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM

Believe me, many of us feel exactly as you do.:) Then season 11, and 12 wouldn't hurt either.:D

The Engineer
January 29th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I'm up for a 13th (even some people consider it a jinxed number) and a 14th.

TracysTrails
January 30th, 2006, 04:34 AM

Me, too! Especially after reading the spoilers and teasers for the first episode or two. And, having Vala back as a regular is going to be great. I think they're doing a good job at letting her character evolve and change and I can't wait to see it all played out next season.

valaCB
January 30th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Me, too! Especially after reading the spoilers and teasers for the first episode or two. And, having Vala back as a regular is going to be great. I think they're doing a good job at letting her character evolve and change and I can't wait to see it all played out next season.
Me too :jack_new_anime18:

Mattathias2.0
February 1st, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm up for a 13th (even some people consider it a jinxed number) and a 14th.

If they get a 14th... No jinx ;)

Mattathias

Exiled Master
February 1st, 2006, 07:34 PM
I can't believe people feel stronger against season 10 than for it (I figured this from the number of posts.) This makes me think of the Trekies who want the franchise to die. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! Bring on season 10! Once the show gets past season 11, which it will, it will be in uncharted territory. Then I'll start to worry about the show, but right now I'm worried about the fans that don't want to go on with it.

The Engineer
February 2nd, 2006, 01:55 AM
I'm up for the uncharted territories!

schweinsty
February 2nd, 2006, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't say there are necessarily more people against season 10 - just that many of the the people that are against it are more vocal and vehement about their opinions than those that are for it, hence the greater number of posts.
But I say - to the uncharted territories, and beyond!

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how tptb work around MS only being in 16 episodes next season. They've done a good job in such cases before, I wonder what they have up their sleeves this time.

Johnquixote
February 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how tptb work around MS only being in 16 episodes next season. They've done a good job in such cases before, I wonder what they have up their sleeves this time.
Daniel dies AGAIN and goes to the Ori ascended plains.

Commander Jumper
February 2nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
Daniel will die?........Again!:eek: are you telling the truth ae ae you pulling my leg. because Daniel hasn't gone one season without dying or going missing o coming close to death at least once. they should try somthing new like him not dying or missing or very near to death (I like Daniel) :daniel: . it would be wierd if he ascended again come on he's done it once aleady almost twice. ohhhhhh well they should bing Jack back I miss him :jack: .

The Engineer
February 2nd, 2006, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he went rogue, just like Ford did. It's something new though.

valaCB
February 3rd, 2006, 04:14 AM
I can't believe people feel stronger against season 10 than for it (I figured this from the number of posts.) This makes me think of the Trekies who want the franchise to die. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! Bring on season 10! Once the show gets past season 11, which it will, it will be in uncharted territory. Then I'll start to worry about the show, but right now I'm worried about the fans that don't want to go on with it.

How can you be Anti-season 10 when you haven't seen it yet... :atlantistrio:

schweinsty
February 3rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Well...some would say the same argument would apply for those who are for season 10 - not that I'd agree with them.
Really, I'll withhold judgement on it until I see it - but I am looking foward to seeing it.

valaCB
February 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
Well...some would say the same argument would apply for those who are for season 10 - not that I'd agree with them.
Really, I'll withhold judgement on it until I see it - but I am looking foward to seeing it.
I love season 9 and hope season 10 will be great as season 9 and i prefer posting in the pro thread than the UN :cameron:

HirogenGater
February 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
Me too, after seeing Stronghold, I'm begining to believe that good things may come for us.

I thought it was great to see SG teams in battle against Jaffa, I felt like I was back in Season 4 again. Here's to many more seasons of Stargate SG-1!

HirogenGater
February 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
How can you be Anti-season 10 when you haven't seen it yet... :atlantistrio:

That's what I thought when I saw that thread, and I was going to post that statement, but decided against it. I think it would be poking at a hornet's nest.

Lord Shiva
February 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
The whole anti-Season 10 (Stargate) thread makes me roll my eyes... It's amazing that some people can write a whole page of prose about why SG-1 sucks now... anyway, I think Stargate is doing great, and I'm enjoying season 10 a lot.

the fifth man
February 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
That's what I thought when I saw that thread, and I was going to post that statement, but decided against it. I think it would be poking at a hornet's nest.

That's a really good way of putting it.:) And I totally agree. I don't even waste my time in those threads anymore. Some of those people won't listen to anything other than their opinions anyways. Instead, I enjoy keeping company with those who are a little more positive about how things are going. By the way, after seeing "Ethon" tonight, my belief that SG-1 is a long way from over was just further cemented.

Deevil
February 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
I want the magic 8 ball that those people in the anti-thread have because they seem to *know* exactly what is going to happen, even before it is written and filmed. It's a talent they have; I am so happy for them.

Lord Shiva
February 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
I want the magic 8 ball that those people in the anti-thread have because they seem to *know* exactly what is going to happen, even before it is written and filmed. It's a talent they have; I am so happy for them.

Well the thing is I tested the waters of these boards a few years ago (I might be wrong, but I believe these forums were around in one way or another during seasons 6-7?), and it was a ton of negativity back there, talking about how the series was falling apart, that it was going to get cancelled, how the storyline sucked.

Sound familiar?

valaCB
February 4th, 2006, 01:32 AM
That's what im saying ;)

I enjoy season 9 but...i miss Vala :danielanime08: (Can i write it without you guys saying that you hate her :mckay09: :weiranime33: )

valaCB
February 4th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Well the thing is I tested the waters of these boards a few years ago (I might be wrong, but I believe these forums were around in one way or another during seasons 6-7?), and it was a ton of negativity back there, talking about how the series was falling apart, that it was going to get cancelled, how the storyline sucked.

Sound familiar?
Cool! thanx for that!!! sound very familiar :cameron:

The Engineer
February 4th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Sound familiar?

Yes, but lets go further than that: they wer wrong during season 6 and 7 and now we'll get a 10th. Hmmm.... and if we apply the same logic (wishfull thinking?) could we get a 13th?

valaCB
February 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, but lets go further than that: they wer wrong during season 6 and 7 and now we'll get a 10th. Hmmm.... and if we apply the same logic (wishfull thinking?) could we get a 13th?
or even 15th... :D

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
You know, I think one of the problems that the Anti this or that people have is they expected Season 9 to be the same old SG-1. I'm sure that when TNG aired many TOS fans thought the same. Then they see the show and it's not what they love so they criticize, but they keep watching to criticize it even more. I mean no disrespect to the anti people, they are entitles to their opinion. But, when RDA decided to leave, obviously the show wouldn't be the same. I saw obviously because I don't think TBTB were going put a Jack clone in the lead again. If you get a new character it changes the dynamic of the show. We are losing O'Neill and his humor, a main reason I loved the show by the way. However, we get Cam, a worthy successor to O'Neill IMO. I think a lot of pro people here know this.
Ok I'm getting of the podium now....

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 02:00 PM
or even 15th... :D

Heck, I would like a Season 20, even if it means new characters. I'm sure the actors won't stay forever no matter how much I would want them to.

Lord Shiva
February 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Heck, I would like a Season 20, even if it means new characters. I'm sure the actors won't stay forever no matter how much I would want them to.

Yeah, I totally agree... I mean, people are like "omg, Stargate might not have Carter! Its going to suck!!111!!!1111!!"

The fact is, the actress has given us almost A DECADE of Stargate!!! She has worked on Stargate for 9 years, going on 10... so they should thank her, and then look to the future. Not many actors or actresses stick around for 10 seasons, but Daniel has 8 under his belt (and even showed up during the Jonus year), O'Neill had 8, Sam has had 9, and Teal'c has had 9.

That's a lot of years!

I mean, what do they expect? Omg, RDA isn't in Stargate this year, he only was in it for 8 years... the show sux now!

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I totally agree... I mean, people are like "omg, Stargate might not have Carter! Its going to suck!!111!!!1111!!"

The fact is, the actress has given us almost A DECADE of Stargate!!! She has worked on Stargate for 9 years, going on 10... so they should thank her, and then look to the future. Not many actors or actresses stick around for 10 seasons, but Daniel has 8 under his belt (and even showed up during the Jonus year), O'Neill had 8, Sam has had 9, and Teal'c has had 9.

That's a lot of years!

I mean, what do they expect? Omg, RDA isn't in Stargate this year, he only was in it for 8 years... the show sux now!

Exactly. We have gotten eight great seasons and the ninth wrapping up soon. I won't speak for anyone else, but I have had hours of enjoyment rewatching the DVDs. If (i hope not) the cast decides not to return after season ten or on, I say it was a great run.

Johnquixote
February 4th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Daniel will die?........Again!:eek: are you telling the truth ae ae you pulling my leg. because Daniel hasn't gone one season without dying or going missing o coming close to death at least once. they should try somthing new like him not dying or missing or very near to death (I like Daniel) :daniel: . it would be wierd if he ascended again come on he's done it once aleady almost twice. ohhhhhh well they should bing Jack back I miss him :jack: .
Don't worry, I was just making an educated guess based on facts.

the fifth man
February 4th, 2006, 11:53 PM

Season 20, boy does that sound good.:) I agree, cast changes are to be expected when a show runs the length SG-1 has. Even if there are future changes to the team ( which I'm still hoping isn't for at least a few more seasons ), I'll continue to watch this show as long as tptb are still telling smart, fun stories.

The Engineer
February 5th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Season 20, boy does that sound good.:) I agree, cast changes are to be expected when a show runs the length SG-1 has. Even if there are future changes to the team ( which I'm still hoping isn't for at least a few more seasons ), I'll continue to watch this show as long as tptb are still telling smart, fun stories.
100%.
Season 20. Whoaaa man, that sounds.... I don't know, something, 20 - a big round number, that would be unprecedented (forget Dr. Who).

vizel
February 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM
season 20..heheh
I like it :jack: :beckett:

HirogenGater
February 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I honestly think they can make it to a Season 20. The show, imo, feels new.

SGFerrit
February 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM

My theory is that the Anti people are more vocal and just say the exact same thing all the time, which = More posts:)

SGFerrit
February 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Sooo.... Who thinks the ratings will be up tonight?:)

HirogenGater
February 10th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Sooo.... Who thinks the ratings will be up tonight?:)

I don't think there's anything to worry about.

valaCB
February 16th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I don't think there's anything to worry about.
I hope so :cameron:

schweinsty
February 16th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Speaking of which, has anyone seen the ratings for last week's ep anywhere? I didn't see them posted on GW, and I was wondering if someone knew where to find them.

valaCB
February 18th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Speaking of which, has anyone seen the ratings for last week's ep anywhere? I didn't see them posted on GW, and I was wondering if someone knew where to find them.
Sorry, can't help. I want to know that as well.

Formerhost
February 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Sorry, can't help. I want to know that as well.

I don't expect them to be high because of the Olympic Games. But I think SciFi channel takes this into cosideration and even if they're slightly lower now, the Olympics are the only reason for this and there's nothing to worry about.

valaCB
February 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I don't expect them to be high because of the Olympic Games. But I think SciFi channel takes this into cosideration and even if they're slightly lower now, the Olympics are the only reason for this and there's nothing to worry about.
YUP! but still, i want to know the rating situation and i want to see CRUSADE's pic already.:cool:

Formerhost
February 18th, 2006, 12:46 PM
YUP! but still, i want to know the rating situation and i want to see CRUSADE's pic already.:cool:

We'll see the whole episode soon :vala:

valaCB
February 18th, 2006, 01:19 PM
We'll see the whole episode soon :vala:
I think they are'nt updating the site. They are still on 'How would you rate SG-1's "Off the Grid?"' vote...:S

Formerhost
February 20th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Do you know that TODAY is the first day of shooting season 10? :D

HirogenGater
February 20th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Are they really? That's cool. Not too much longer till we get to actually see it.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2006, 07:38 PM

That's right. I had forgotten about that. I sure hope everything went well for them today.:) Hopefully that means we'll get dropped little lines about this upcoming season within a little while. I sure know I'm anxious to see what season 10 has in store for us and our team.

valaCB
February 22nd, 2006, 11:22 PM
Hope that season 10 will be amazing!!!
After i saw CRUSADE pics, i know that Valal will add soooo much to this season :valaanime04:

Lord Shiva
February 23rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
It's awful how long the anti-season 9 thread is... I have to thank you guys for making me feel better by reading this thread. I love Stargate, and I see it as an evolving show. It really bothers me how negative people are on these forums, so thanks for this thread... its good to know people feel the same way I do :)

Formerhost
February 23rd, 2006, 01:58 AM
Hope that season 10 will be amazing!!!
After i saw CRUSADE pics, i know that Valal will add soooo much to this season :valaanime04:

Definitely. Is it July yet??? :D

vizel
February 23rd, 2006, 04:29 AM
Definitely. Is it July yet??? :D
Not yet...;)

vizel
February 23rd, 2006, 04:29 AM
It's awful how long the anti-season 9 thread is... I have to thank you guys for making me feel better by reading this thread. I love Stargate, and I see it as an evolving show. It really bothers me how negative people are on these forums, so thanks for this thread... its good to know people feel the same way I do :)
I think season 10 will be great, im all pro :)

Formerhost
February 23rd, 2006, 05:51 AM
I think season 10 will be great, im all pro :)

And you're not the only one! :D

HirogenGater
February 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM

I agree, there is so much negativity not only here but also in the world. I don't understand why people who are not happy with the show continue to watch it? That seems to me to just be adding more frustration to their life. Anyway, it's great to come here and talk about a great show.

Cherriey
February 23rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
I agree, there is so much negativity not only here but also in the world. I don't understand why people who are not happy with the show continue to watch it? That seems to me to just be adding more frustration to their life. Anyway, it's great to come here and talk about a great show.
The surprising thing is that it seems to be easier to say the negative than the positive. Why is there back stabbing gossip? Why can't the press report on the good things a bit more? I'd rather be positive but even I find myself dwelling on the negative things. Sometimes it seems like a never ending cycle. Lots of people WANT there to be something wrong so they can complain about it. Weird.

TheAncient1
February 23rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm all for season 27...oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself...I mean season 10

5 loooooong months though. At least I have 8 seasons of stargate, a lot of jello, and Gateworld. All I need is for one of my friends to be a fan. They all think stargate is stupid.

Maybe a fan will come along someday....

lelaidd
February 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hey guys seriously I was pro Season 10 I really like the ori and all of this stuff but vala, here is the problem, she is anoying! Also I keep watching the old season on my dvds and I keep watching the old intros and when I see Jack O Nei'll it's like if a part of the show is now missing, all the jokes he did and "the team" they were! Common guys, don't let me be the only one in this situation :(.

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hey guys seriously I was pro Season 10 I really like the ori and all of this stuff but vala, here is the problem, she is anoying! Also I keep watching the old season on my dvds and I keep watching the old intros and when I see Jack O Nei'll it's like if a part of the show is now missing, all the jokes he did and "the team" they were! Common guys, don't let me be the only one in this situation :(.

Gotta stop living in the past, man. Try and enjoy the present. Season 9 has been something special. And season 10 will be that much better. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.:)

Formerhost
February 24th, 2006, 02:48 AM

Umm, sorry, you're the only one. I love Vala very much! Actually she's my favourite character this season and I'm more than happy that she's the regular in season 10! :D

valaCB
February 24th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Umm, sorry, you're the only one. I love Vala very much! Actually she's my favourite character this season and I'm more than happy that she's the regular in season 10! :D
ditto :)

TheAncient1
February 24th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I agree with the above three people.

Cherriey
February 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Be careful with that. =0) Sure he was awesome and funny and one of my main reasons for enjoying this show so much... however. Things change; in the real world and in tv-land. I know this. I also have a special place in my heart for all the characters that have been introduced and/or stayed constant on this show since it's beginning. By now it's the mythology and memories that keeps carrying it. I'm not saying it's any less now, but (like all things) it is changing. People only notice it now because three new characters have come into the equation. Changes have been happening right along. RDA had to leave and I would not wish him back again no matter how much I enjoyed his character. His place is with his family now. Vala is a wild card. You're never really sure what to expect from her. Part of her past is known but that is only a sliver of the reason she behaves the way she does. There's something there and I'm intrigued to find out what it is (a little bit at a time since the writers will have their way).

Take the changes with a grain of salt because if you lag in the past too much it will poison the future.

Obsessed_with_Beckett
February 25th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I found this pro season 10 petition, so sign if you want to:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportseason10

I personally think that Season 10 is a fabulous idea! I know that the show has changed significantly since the beginning years, but change is a part of life, and as long as SG-1 keeps going I'll be happy! :vala:

Formerhost
February 26th, 2006, 04:19 AM
I found this pro season 10 petition, so sign if you want to:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportseason10

I personally think that Season 10 is a fabulous idea! I know that the show has changed significantly since the beginning years, but change is a part of life, and as long as SG-1 keeps going I'll be happy! :vala:

Shouldn't it be support season 11 petition? They're filming season 10 now :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :cameron: :sam:

And I think majority of casual viewers like Mitchell. I'm not annoyed by his character at all. I enjoy Ben's performance very much.

valaCB
February 26th, 2006, 04:54 AM
And I think majority of casual viewers like Mitchell. I'm not annoyed by his character at all. I enjoy Ben's performance very much.
Im not enjoying his character at all, he is annoying but this is a pro thread so...:jonas16: :apophis-rings: Maybe someday he will change for thr best :zelenka25:

Formerhost
February 26th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Im not enjoying his character at all, he is annoying but this is a pro thread so...:jonas16: :apophis-rings: Maybe someday he will change for thr best :zelenka25:

I suppose he isn't annyoing for me, 'cause I made a decision of not watching 1-8 seasons (I'm not RDA's fan), so I don't have anything to compare. And I think people are making huge mistake constantly comparing Mitchell to Jack. Mitchell is his own character and Ben is doing fine.

InUtero
February 26th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Well I'd like them to pump some more money into the SFX fund for more space battles on a larger scale because I'd love to see the Earth ships allied with the Jaffa and the Asguard more.
Also, some character development for Vala seeing as she is joining the team full time in Season 10 and this new child of hers is a very good plot line.

valaCB
February 26th, 2006, 07:04 AM
I suppose he isn't annyoing for me, 'cause I made a decision of not watching 1-8 seasons (I'm not RDA's fan), so I don't have anything to compare. And I think people are making huge mistake constantly comparing Mitchell to Jack. Mitchell is his own character and Ben is doing fine.
As much as i love Jack i really can't see any resemble between them. Im not comparing them at all. still, i do have truballe with Ben acting, he is too much John for all i know...and i really don't like it, The way he talk/shout... but i do LOVE Ben, just don't like what he done till now with his character .

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Season ten must and WILL come! =0) And I will love every nano-second of it! I will watch the discs when I get them in extremely slow frame by frame glory! YAY!!!

HirogenGater
February 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Season ten must and WILL come! =0) And I will love every nano-second of it! I will watch the discs when I get them in extremely slow frame by frame glory! YAY!!!

Thankfully they release the season sets fairly quickly after they air. I expect to see the Season 10 DVD set in October of 2007.

HirogenGater
February 27th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Well I'd like them to pump some more money into the SFX fund for more space battles on a larger scale because I'd love to see the Earth ships allied with the Jaffa and the Asguard more.
Also, some character development for Vala seeing as she is joining the team full time in Season 10 and this new child of hers is a very good plot line.

Who knows, maybe we will see a Earth/Jaffa/Asgard fleet fighting off the Ori vessels.

valaCB
February 27th, 2006, 11:36 PM
excellent news. Spoiler season 10
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/firstdetailsonthepegasuspr.shtml
Weir and Vala and Daniel in the same episode!!!!
How great is that!!!

Formerhost
February 28th, 2006, 04:45 AM
excellent news. Spoiler season 10
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/firstdetailsonthepegasuspr.shtml
Weir and Vala and Daniel in the same episode!!!!
How great is that!!!

Sounds like it's going to be really great episode! :)

zer0_1
February 28th, 2006, 09:39 AM
im 100% for season 10, though i can see why people are dissing it
i think, and i hate to admit it, but this may be the last, seems as if SG1 is on its last legs

if this is the end, as long as it goes out with grace and purity, rather than ending with some cheesy vala quote then i'll be happy

Formerhost
February 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM
im 100% for season 10, though i can see why people are dissing it
i think, and i hate to admit it, but this may be the last, seems as if SG1 is on its last legs

Definitely NOT. Season 9 is much better than seasons 6-8 (except of Prometheus Unbound episode of course, which introduced wonderful Vala Mal Doran :) ) and spoilers for the upcoming season 10 episodes are extremely exciting and interesting. I believe they have stories to tell for at least 2-3 more seasons. Especially when they ADDED Vala to the regular cast.

valaCB
February 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Definitely NOT. Season 9 is much better than seasons 6-8 (except of Prometheus Unbound episode of course, which introduced wonderful Vala Mal Doran :) ) and spoilers for the upcoming season 10 episodes are extremely exciting and interesting. I believe they have stories to tell for at least 2-3 more seasons. Especially when they ADDED Vala to the regular cast.
I love season 4 and 5 and also 8....

Bragi
February 28th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Um........ shouldn't you guys wait until the season actually... I dunno... starts before having a pro or anti thread about it?

Cherriey
February 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Not if you want to be incredibly positive no matter what. =0)

Formerhost
March 1st, 2006, 01:31 AM
Um........ shouldn't you guys wait until the season actually... I dunno... starts before having a pro or anti thread about it?

Why? I'm extremely positive about season 10, they invited my favourite actress, Claudia Black, to be a regular cast member on season 10, so this is making me abso-frellin-lutely happy and excited about season 10 :) :vala:

the fifth man
March 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
Why? I'm extremely positive about season 10, they invited my favourite actress, Claudia Black, to be a regular cast member on season 10, so this is making me abso-frellin-lutely happy and excited about season 10 :) :vala:

I have nothing but positive feelings about season 10 too.:) Mainly, because I'm really enjoying season 9. And Vala was great in the six eps she was in this year. It will be cool to have her around all the time next season.

vizel
March 2nd, 2006, 05:19 AM
So much to wait till season 10 .

Formerhost
March 4th, 2006, 07:39 AM
After watching Crusade today morning I'm absolutely convinced that season 10 is gonna be absolutely fantastic. Vala - welcome home!!! :vala:

Seastallion
March 4th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Viva Season 10, 11, 12, etc.... :D If they keep making the show, I'll keep watching. ;)

the fifth man
March 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Viva Season 10, 11, 12, etc.... :D If they keep making the show, I'll keep watching. ;)

I'm in total agreement with you there, my friend.:)

the fifth man
March 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM
After watching Crusade today morning I'm absolutely convinced that season 10 is gonna be absolutely fantastic. Vala - welcome home!!! :vala:

Indeed! She was excellent in "Crusade". She showed a part of herself I think people can really come to care about. I can't wait to see her full-time in season 10.:)

Cherriey
March 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM
What bothered me in an off-hand way was that the streak in her hair has suddenly vanished. Usually they explain things like that even if rather vaguely. For instance that one time when Teal'c came back with a blonde patch of chin fungus that O'Neill advised everyone not to talk about. In her story there wasn't any mention of it! I suppose it's not important enough but it's one of those irregularities that bothers me. Perhaps when they can actually see her the explanation will come out.