S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yabyumpan
    Over at the Solutions forum Joe answered a question regarding whether Daniel (or Teal'c) will tell Vala about Sha're/Amaunet. Joe said that they/he would in "Counter-Strike". He also said that it was "very possible" that something would be made of Sam and Vala both having the experience of being ex-hosts.

This makes me even more excited about S10. For a start, it's acknowledging and drawing on the past mythology, which is something that many fans have been crying out for. It's also a way for closer bonds (or at least understanding) to be formed between Vala and Daniel, Sam and Teal'c.
    Excellent. I'm so looking forward to Season 9 Part 2 and Season 10.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
      Excellent. I'm so looking forward to Season 9 Part 2 and Season 10.
      I think it's safe to say a large number of us are as well.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Got a feeling were all going to be dying to watch season ten after Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
          Is it July yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
            Oh I so hope they follow through with that. *crosses fingers and toes*
            Same here. Jolinar never gets acknowledged anymore!

There's only us,
            There's only this
            Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
            No other road,
            No other way
            No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
              I hear that! I'm already dying to see season 10.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wish the writers to please have better transitions in between episodes. The transition between season 8 and 9 was really horrible and the characters seemed to fall apart. Jack and Sam? Season 9 transition?

I was one that wanted Jack and Sam to get together ....and they did at the end of season 8.

The rough transition of season 9, I didn't see any residue of if they were living together like it was hinting --"you've got packing to do" in 8 at the very end.

Did the writers forget? I haven't been able to watch intently all of aired season 9 -- was there some kind of hint of anything else?

Was the reason for Jack leaving because they got together? (In real life - I know that Richard needed time away and spend time with his beautiful daughter) - But show wise... if he comes back as a guest now and then, are Jack and Sam going to be more of a couple? Is she going to pick up the phone and say "I'll see if he's home?" .. or did the writers forget about Jack and Sam together?

Are they going to intergate it with Sam's Character or are they going to make it seem like she is still single?

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
                  Over at the Solutions forum Joe answered a question regarding whether Daniel (or Teal'c) will tell Vala about Sha're/Amaunet. Joe said that they/he would in "Counter-Strike". He also said that it was "very possible" that something would be made of Sam and Vala both having the experience of being ex-hosts.
                  Oooh, goody .

I'll upgrade Oooh, goody to YES! HURRAH if that very possible gets upgraded to yes definitely. jolinar's been ignored for too long.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy769

The rough transition of season 9, I didn't see any residue of if they were living together like it was hinting --"you've got packing to do" in 8 at the very end.
                    That was for the fishing trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                      Yay season 10.

lol (sorry, the anti-thread is so popular ). Why am I looking forward to the 2nd half of season 9 and season 10? i don't mind the change... I know some people don't like change, and they wish the show was the same show from season 1. But its not - that's why shows change, and sometimes they survive and sometimes they die. X-Files is a good example.

I think Stargate will definetely survive, its a new franchise. But we'll see

I don't think the anti threads are so popular as opposed to being more used
                      by the same folks over and over....to vent complaints.(I haven't seen so much energy from folks, in trying to put down a continueing show, and still watching it, instead of going to
                      a show they do like....:lol )

When you have nothing to complain about like in the pro threads....one tends to be less verbal and more concentrated on enjoying the show. You can only say you love the
                      show in so many ways.......IMO

Did I say I am gonna love season 10????
                      Last edited by dec55; 01 January 2006, 02:04 PM.
                      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                        When you have nothing to complain about like in the pro threads....one tends to be less verbal and more concentrated on enjoying the show. You can only say you love the
                        show in so many ways.......IMO

Did I say I am gonna love season 10????
                        I totally agree with this. Tptb just must be extremely good at pleasing me, because I am pretty content with things as is. As for the point of only being able to say you love a show in so many ways, you are so right. The next logical step would be a tattoo.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Is it July yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                            Is it July yet?
                            Yeah, I can't wait for season 10. But let's not rush things too much. We still have an awesome second half of season 9 to see. And that has me very excited.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season 10 is a given...there are so many stories to be told.
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                                Season 10 is a given...there are so many stories to be told.
                                And I can't wait to see every single one they can squeeze into season 10. Then see what they have in store for us for season 11.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X