No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 'behind the scenes' stories from season 10?

Comment

I'm thrilled about Season 10.....mostly because RDA will be back! I feel the show lost a lot of its humor without him. I also didn't think the stories were as good in S9 as they had been. But, with both RDA and Brad Wright back, it should be a great season!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        I'm thrilled about Season 10.....mostly because RDA will be back! I feel the show lost a lot of its humor without him. I also didn't think the stories were as good in S9 as they had been. But, with both RDA and Brad Wright back, it should be a great season!!!!!
        I love Jack so much!!!!
        How much episodes RDA will be in season 10?

Comment

Someone should start the "anti-anti season ten thread" just to tick those guys off.
          How can you judge that something will be bad before you try it? (okay, there are a few exceptions to this- cutting an arm off, quiche, spongebob squarepants, etc.)

This should have more posts then the anti! Again proving my point that the negative voice yells loudest.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Someone should start the "anti-anti season ten thread" just to tick those guys off.
            How can you judge that something will be bad before you try it? (okay, there are a few exceptions to this- cutting an arm off, quiche, spongebob squarepants, etc.)

This should have more posts then the anti! Again proving my point that the negative voice yells loudest.
            Unfortunately you're right...

Comment

I had been worried that Counterstrike wouldn't live up to the episode to which it had been compared... but after reading its plot, all I can say is:

HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOYHAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY!

It sounds awesome! I can't wait.

Comment

I agree with all the points expressed on here . One of the things that fustrated me about stargate SG1 sesasons 1-8 is that the writers never seemed to have the balls to move the story forawed defeat one Goaul'd then another and another zzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                  I had been worried that Counterstrike wouldn't live up to the episode to which it had been compared... but after reading its plot, all I can say is:

HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOYHAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY!

It sounds awesome! I can't wait.
                  Joe/Paul's episodes have a tendency to be either very bad or just frelling brilliant. This sounds like frelling brilliant
                  Last edited by Formerhost; 01 April 2006, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                    Joe/Paul's episode have a tendency to be either very bad or just frelling brilliant. This sounds like frelling brilliant
                    Whatever it's about I don't want to know, but if you guys say it sounds brilliant, I'll trust you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      Whatever it's about I don't want to know, but if you guys say it sounds brilliant, I'll trust you.
                      Great

Comment

So if you could do one thing in season ten, what would it be? -one episode story, one scene, anything. We need to build up a post count to rival the anti-ers (ant-eaters ).
                        (please hide spoilers if you're going to use details of other season ten eps)

In one of the episodes with Jack I would also bring Maybourne back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                          I'm glad you like it, but you see there are people, like me, who've seen virtually every episode and know the history of the show. The same people have seen SG-1 getter worse and worse over the last 3 seasons, those people want to stop the show before it gets even worse and totally destroys it's legacy.

On top of that the same people I mentioned are also the people who don't like it when writers start using the "character reset" button or the "continuity disrupted" button, because it ruins the show for them. They've seen the show for so long and they want the writers to explore the characters, to revisit old stories to tie up loose end and continuity between seasons/episodes. It's not like they don't like the show, they just don't like what the show is becomming and want to stop it.

Well I don’t know about Formerhost but I've been watching the show since season 1 and I still like it Gregorius. So I guess not all who have watched the show from the beginning feel as you do. As a matter of fact I like this season more than season 8. To me season 8 was mostly sub-par until the end but I didn't come to GW forums every day to trash talk my favorite show over and over again (like we are seeing with the “Anti’s” throughout seasons nine and ten forums). In fact during most of season 8 I just stopped coming to the forums almost completely because I had little that interested me about the show at that time. I knew that even though (IMO) season 8 was very much below average and that RDA was holding the show back with his scheduling demands that there was still a chance that the show could redeem itself in the future and in my eyes in season 9 it did. Now If I still didn't like the show after watching season 9 I probably would have done the most sensible thing which would have been to stop coming to Stargate forums and discussing episodes that I simply hated or had no interest in and ultimately just stop watching the show and do something else with my time but that’s just me.

P.S. Just in case your wondering I do go on the Anti-threads every once in a while to read up on the latest grips (by mostly the same group of people) and although (IMO) some do have merit most are just the same old recycled gripes, overkill nitpicking at an episode, or saying that they hope Cam and Vala accidentally get vaporized by the Kawoosh while trying to escape from the enemy(something to that effect), or how Sam should be in charge (which could still happen but probably won’t).

Comment

Joe/Paul's episodes have a tendency to be either very bad or just frelling brilliant. This sounds like frelling brilliant
                            That it does. The spoilers are intriguing.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                              Well I don’t know about Formerhost but I've been watching the show since season 1 and I still like it Gregorius. So I guess not all who have watched the show from the beginning feel as you do. As a matter of fact I like this season more than season 8. To me season 8 was mostly sub-par until the end but I didn't come to GW forums every day to trash talk my favorite show over and over again (like we are seeing with the “Anti’s” throughout seasons nine and ten forums). In fact during most of season 8 I just stopped coming to the forums almost completely because I had little that interested me about the show at that time. I knew that even though (IMO) season 8 was very much below average and that RDA was holding the show back with his scheduling demands that there was still a chance that the show could redeem itself in the future and in my eyes in season 9 it did. Now If I still didn't like the show after watching season 9 I probably would have done the most sensible thing which would have been to stop coming to Stargate forums and discussing episodes that I simply hated or had no interest in and ultimately just stop watching the show and do something else with my time but that’s just me.

P.S. Just in case your wondering I do go on the Anti-threads every once in a while to read up on the latest grips (by mostly the same group of people) and although (IMO) some do have merit most are just the same old recycled gripes, overkill nitpicking at an episode, or saying that they hope Cam and Vala accidentally get vaporized by the Kawoosh while trying to escape from the enemy(something to that effect), or how Sam should be in charge (which could still happen but probably won’t).
                              Quoting Cam: "And this is what I'm talking about!"

Comment

Quoting Cam: "And this is what I'm talking about!"
                                LOL! Indeed!
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X