Clear All

why anti season thread hae 65 pages and this one only 15 =(
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
      why anti season thread hae 65 pages and this one only 15 =(
      Because people enjoying the show are busy posting in all sorts of threads, whereas the anti-thread is a haven for a few folk where they can post their rants without challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
        Because people enjoying the show are busy posting in all sorts of threads, whereas the anti-thread is a haven for a few folk where they can post their rants without challenge.
        Indeed! Besides, when one wants to complain, it's easy to go on ranting.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Over and over and over and over. Negativety is SO draining.

Comment

Yeah, and it's over and over and over and over the same. Boooooring. Why these folks are so frustrated, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
              Yeah, and it's over and over and over and over the same. Boooooring. Why these folks are so frustrated, btw?
              If you actually would read the Anti thread you would know the answer to that question...It's so easy to go on ranting about how frustrated the people in the Anti thread are if you don't even bother to read it.

In light of this I'll give a few words: Pot, kettle, black.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                If you actually would read the Anti thread you would know the answer to that question...It's so easy to go on ranting about how frustrated the people in the Anti thread are if you don't even bother to read it.

In light of this I'll give a few words: Pot, kettle, black.
                Well, I'm one of those who started watching the show this season. And I love it. I tried to watch some previous seasons episodes, found them boring in most of cases, RDA isn't my fav actor, never was, decided I probably won't watch all previous 8 seasons. The new direction is really great and I hope they won't destroy it.

Comment

*singing*....Kumbaya, my lord.......Kumbaya.......

er.......sorry......thought it was funny at the time

Happy Posting
                  It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Well, I'm one of those who started watching the show this season. And I love it. I tried to watch some previous seasons episodes, found them boring in most of cases, RDA isn't my fav actor, never was, decided I probably won't watch all previous 8 seasons. The new direction is really great and I hope they won't destroy it.
                    I'm glad you like it, but you see there are people, like me, who've seen virtually every episode and know the history of the show. The same people have seen SG-1 getter worse and worse over the last 3 seasons, those people want to stop the show before it gets even worse and totally destroys it's legacy.

On top of that the same people I mentioned are also the people who don't like it when writers start using the "character reset" button or the "continuity disrupted" button, because it ruins the show for them. They've seen the show for so long and they want the writers to explore the characters, to revisit old stories to tie up loose end and continuity between seasons/episodes. It's not like they don't like the show, they just don't like what the show is becomming and want to stop it.
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

You can't please everyone all the time.

Comment

True, but you also don't want to estrange the fans that watched everything
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you like it, but you see there are people, like me, who've seen virtually every episode and know the history of the show. The same people have seen SG-1 getter worse and worse over the last 3 seasons, those people want to stop the show before it gets even worse and totally destroys it's legacy.

On top of that the same people I mentioned are also the people who don't like it when writers start using the "character reset" button or the "continuity disrupted" button, because it ruins the show for them. They've seen the show for so long and they want the writers to explore the characters, to revisit old stories to tie up loose end and continuity between seasons/episodes. It's not like they don't like the show, they just don't like what the show is becomming and want to stop it.
                          People who want to stop the show because THEY DON'T LIKE IT, are the most seflish *******s in the universe. I suggest you read the commentary for the first episode of season nine, so you'll find out that for TPTB it's definitely THE NEW SHOW. It's not the old SG-1. I'm not interested in history of SG-1, I enjoy it in it present form and for me it's a very good show. Don't like it? Stop watching. But let others to continue enjoying OUR show.

Comment

People who want to stop the show because THEY DON'T LIKE IT, are the most seflish *******s in the universe. I suggest you read the commentary for the first episode of season nine, so you'll find out that for TPTB it's definitely THE NEW SHOW. It's not the old SG-1. I'm not interested in history of SG-1, I enjoy it in it present form and for me it's a very good show. Don't like it? Stop watching. But let others to continue enjoying OUR show.
                            If they want it to be a new show, fine. But make the changes over time and keep in contact with it's history even if it are only subtile references.

And I'll give three words: Pot, kettle, black. You call the anti's selfish, but doesn't your post show that the pro's are selfish as well? And this is all I'll say about it
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

True, but you also don't want to estrange the fans that watched everything
                              Very true. But not all long-time fans are estranged. I, for one, have enjoyed this show since season 1. And am still loving it nine seasons later. I hope you find next season a little more enjoyable.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very true. But not all long-time fans are estranged. I, for one, have enjoyed this show since season 1. And am still loving it nine seasons later. I hope you find next season a little more enjoyable.
                                ^ Seen about 20-30 shows in all... scattered from season 1 to 9 ... Personally I like it... in fact I fully intend on getting cable when I move into my new house just so I can see season 10 in july...

Comment

Working...
                                X