S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lelaidd
    Hey guys seriously I was pro Season 10 I really like the ori and all of this stuff but vala, here is the problem, she is anoying! Also I keep watching the old season on my dvds and I keep watching the old intros and when I see Jack O Nei'll it's like if a part of the show is now missing, all the jokes he did and "the team" they were! Common guys, don't let me be the only one in this situation .
    Be careful with that. =0) Sure he was awesome and funny and one of my main reasons for enjoying this show so much... however. Things change; in the real world and in tv-land. I know this. I also have a special place in my heart for all the characters that have been introduced and/or stayed constant on this show since it's beginning. By now it's the mythology and memories that keeps carrying it. I'm not saying it's any less now, but (like all things) it is changing. People only notice it now because three new characters have come into the equation. Changes have been happening right along. RDA had to leave and I would not wish him back again no matter how much I enjoyed his character. His place is with his family now. Vala is a wild card. You're never really sure what to expect from her. Part of her past is known but that is only a sliver of the reason she behaves the way she does. There's something there and I'm intrigued to find out what it is (a little bit at a time since the writers will have their way).

Take the changes with a grain of salt because if you lag in the past too much it will poison the future.

Comment

I found this pro season 10 petition, so sign if you want to:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportseason10

I personally think that Season 10 is a fabulous idea! I know that the show has changed significantly since the beginning years, but change is a part of life, and as long as SG-1 keeps going I'll be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessed_with_Beckett
        I found this pro season 10 petition, so sign if you want to:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportseason10

I personally think that Season 10 is a fabulous idea! I know that the show has changed significantly since the beginning years, but change is a part of life, and as long as SG-1 keeps going I'll be happy!
        Shouldn't it be support season 11 petition? They're filming season 10 now

And I think majority of casual viewers like Mitchell. I'm not annoyed by his character at all. I enjoy Ben's performance very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          And I think majority of casual viewers like Mitchell. I'm not annoyed by his character at all. I enjoy Ben's performance very much.
          Im not enjoying his character at all, he is annoying but this is a pro thread so... Maybe someday he will change for thr best

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
            Im not enjoying his character at all, he is annoying but this is a pro thread so... Maybe someday he will change for thr best
            I suppose he isn't annyoing for me, 'cause I made a decision of not watching 1-8 seasons (I'm not RDA's fan), so I don't have anything to compare. And I think people are making huge mistake constantly comparing Mitchell to Jack. Mitchell is his own character and Ben is doing fine.

Comment

Well I'd like them to pump some more money into the SFX fund for more space battles on a larger scale because I'd love to see the Earth ships allied with the Jaffa and the Asguard more.
              Also, some character development for Vala seeing as she is joining the team full time in Season 10 and this new child of hers is a very good plot line.
              Betrayed

Comment

I suppose he isn't annyoing for me, 'cause I made a decision of not watching 1-8 seasons (I'm not RDA's fan), so I don't have anything to compare. And I think people are making huge mistake constantly comparing Mitchell to Jack. Mitchell is his own character and Ben is doing fine.
                As much as i love Jack i really can't see any resemble between them. Im not comparing them at all. still, i do have truballe with Ben acting, he is too much John for all i know...and i really don't like it, The way he talk/shout... but i do LOVE Ben, just don't like what he done till now with his character .

Comment

Season ten must and WILL come! =0) And I will love every nano-second of it! I will watch the discs when I get them in extremely slow frame by frame glory! YAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
                    Season ten must and WILL come! =0) And I will love every nano-second of it! I will watch the discs when I get them in extremely slow frame by frame glory! YAY!!!
                    Thankfully they release the season sets fairly quickly after they air. I expect to see the Season 10 DVD set in October of 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by InUtero
                      Well I'd like them to pump some more money into the SFX fund for more space battles on a larger scale because I'd love to see the Earth ships allied with the Jaffa and the Asguard more.
                      Also, some character development for Vala seeing as she is joining the team full time in Season 10 and this new child of hers is a very good plot line.
                      Who knows, maybe we will see a Earth/Jaffa/Asgard fleet fighting off the Ori vessels.

Comment

excellent news. Spoiler season 10
                        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...egasuspr.shtml
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir and Vala and Daniel in the same episode!!!!

How great is that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                          excellent news. Spoiler season 10
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...egasuspr.shtml
                          Spoiler:
                          Weir and Vala and Daniel in the same episode!!!!

How great is that!!!
                          Sounds like it's going to be really great episode!

Comment

im 100% for season 10, though i can see why people are dissing it
                            i think, and i hate to admit it, but this may be the last, seems as if SG1 is on its last legs

if this is the end, as long as it goes out with grace and purity, rather than ending with some cheesy vala quote then i'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1
                              im 100% for season 10, though i can see why people are dissing it
                              i think, and i hate to admit it, but this may be the last, seems as if SG1 is on its last legs
                              Definitely NOT. Season 9 is much better than seasons 6-8 (except of Prometheus Unbound episode of course, which introduced wonderful Vala Mal Doran ) and spoilers for the upcoming season 10 episodes are extremely exciting and interesting. I believe they have stories to tell for at least 2-3 more seasons. Especially when they ADDED Vala to the regular cast.

Comment

Definitely NOT. Season 9 is much better than seasons 6-8 (except of Prometheus Unbound episode of course, which introduced wonderful Vala Mal Doran ) and spoilers for the upcoming season 10 episodes are extremely exciting and interesting. I believe they have stories to tell for at least 2-3 more seasons. Especially when they ADDED Vala to the regular cast.
                                I love season 4 and 5 and also 8....

Comment

Working...
                                X