S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valaCB
    How can you be Anti-season 10 when you haven't seen it yet...
    That's what I thought when I saw that thread, and I was going to post that statement, but decided against it. I think it would be poking at a hornet's nest.

Comment

The whole anti-Season 10 (Stargate) thread makes me roll my eyes... It's amazing that some people can write a whole page of prose about why SG-1 sucks now... anyway, I think Stargate is doing great, and I'm enjoying season 10 a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        That's what I thought when I saw that thread, and I was going to post that statement, but decided against it. I think it would be poking at a hornet's nest.
        That's a really good way of putting it. And I totally agree. I don't even waste my time in those threads anymore. Some of those people won't listen to anything other than their opinions anyways. Instead, I enjoy keeping company with those who are a little more positive about how things are going. By the way, after seeing "Ethon" tonight, my belief that SG-1 is a long way from over was just further cemented.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I want the magic 8 ball that those people in the anti-thread have because they seem to *know* exactly what is going to happen, even before it is written and filmed. It's a talent they have; I am so happy for them.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
            I want the magic 8 ball that those people in the anti-thread have because they seem to *know* exactly what is going to happen, even before it is written and filmed. It's a talent they have; I am so happy for them.
            Well the thing is I tested the waters of these boards a few years ago (I might be wrong, but I believe these forums were around in one way or another during seasons 6-7?), and it was a ton of negativity back there, talking about how the series was falling apart, that it was going to get cancelled, how the storyline sucked.

Sound familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
              That's what im saying

I enjoy season 9 but...i miss Vala (Can i write it without you guys saying that you hate her )

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                Well the thing is I tested the waters of these boards a few years ago (I might be wrong, but I believe these forums were around in one way or another during seasons 6-7?), and it was a ton of negativity back there, talking about how the series was falling apart, that it was going to get cancelled, how the storyline sucked.

Sound familiar?
                Cool! thanx for that!!! sound very familiar

Comment

Sound familiar?
                  Yes, but lets go further than that: they wer wrong during season 6 and 7 and now we'll get a 10th. Hmmm.... and if we apply the same logic (wishfull thinking?) could we get a 13th?
                  School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                    Yes, but lets go further than that: they wer wrong during season 6 and 7 and now we'll get a 10th. Hmmm.... and if we apply the same logic (wishfull thinking?) could we get a 13th?
                    or even 15th...

Comment

You know, I think one of the problems that the Anti this or that people have is they expected Season 9 to be the same old SG-1. I'm sure that when TNG aired many TOS fans thought the same. Then they see the show and it's not what they love so they criticize, but they keep watching to criticize it even more. I mean no disrespect to the anti people, they are entitles to their opinion. But, when RDA decided to leave, obviously the show wouldn't be the same. I saw obviously because I don't think TBTB were going put a Jack clone in the lead again. If you get a new character it changes the dynamic of the show. We are losing O'Neill and his humor, a main reason I loved the show by the way. However, we get Cam, a worthy successor to O'Neill IMO. I think a lot of pro people here know this.
                      Ok I'm getting of the podium now....

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                        or even 15th...
                        Heck, I would like a Season 20, even if it means new characters. I'm sure the actors won't stay forever no matter how much I would want them to.

Comment

Heck, I would like a Season 20, even if it means new characters. I'm sure the actors won't stay forever no matter how much I would want them to.
                          Yeah, I totally agree... I mean, people are like "omg, Stargate might not have Carter! Its going to suck!!111!!!1111!!"

The fact is, the actress has given us almost A DECADE of Stargate!!! She has worked on Stargate for 9 years, going on 10... so they should thank her, and then look to the future. Not many actors or actresses stick around for 10 seasons, but Daniel has 8 under his belt (and even showed up during the Jonus year), O'Neill had 8, Sam has had 9, and Teal'c has had 9.

That's a lot of years!

I mean, what do they expect? Omg, RDA isn't in Stargate this year, he only was in it for 8 years... the show sux now!

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree... I mean, people are like "omg, Stargate might not have Carter! Its going to suck!!111!!!1111!!"

The fact is, the actress has given us almost A DECADE of Stargate!!! She has worked on Stargate for 9 years, going on 10... so they should thank her, and then look to the future. Not many actors or actresses stick around for 10 seasons, but Daniel has 8 under his belt (and even showed up during the Jonus year), O'Neill had 8, Sam has had 9, and Teal'c has had 9.

That's a lot of years!

I mean, what do they expect? Omg, RDA isn't in Stargate this year, he only was in it for 8 years... the show sux now!
                            Exactly. We have gotten eight great seasons and the ninth wrapping up soon. I won't speak for anyone else, but I have had hours of enjoyment rewatching the DVDs. If (i hope not) the cast decides not to return after season ten or on, I say it was a great run.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
                              Daniel will die?........Again! are you telling the truth ae ae you pulling my leg. because Daniel hasn't gone one season without dying or going missing o coming close to death at least once. they should try somthing new like him not dying or missing or very near to death (I like Daniel) . it would be wierd if he ascended again come on he's done it once aleady almost twice. ohhhhhh well they should bing Jack back I miss him .
                              Don't worry, I was just making an educated guess based on facts.

Comment

Season 20, boy does that sound good. I agree, cast changes are to be expected when a show runs the length SG-1 has. Even if there are future changes to the team ( which I'm still hoping isn't for at least a few more seasons ), I'll continue to watch this show as long as tptb are still telling smart, fun stories.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X