PDA

View Full Version : Best Ending to a episode.

Pharaoh Atem
November 10th, 2005, 06:38 AM
for me i think Elliot in last stand hearing the horns and the jaffa coming at him was probably one of the best ending

also the funny ending to wormhole xterme

and there was a great ending in season 9 with great music at the end as it was showing brad and Roberts name but i can't remember the name of the episode

so what do you people think> any opinions

starathena74
November 10th, 2005, 06:47 AM
the last epsode of season 8 were sam and jack are fishingand she says we shold have don this yrs ago
;)

SnoggingPicard
November 10th, 2005, 07:42 AM
starathena74 -- you nailed it. That's my favorite too. Just the PERFECT end to the episode, the season, and it would have been the perfect end of the series had they not managed to get a ninth season deal. It was just a great moment.

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Threads ending was better IMO, the fish thing was just wasnt needed at the end of Moebius, so the Threads version gets my vote

chyron
November 10th, 2005, 09:03 AM
The ending to Wormhole Extreme - "We'll fix it in post" (as the real ship descends)

skritsys
November 10th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I thought that was funny too. X-treme made me laugh so hard my side hurt.

timdalton007
November 10th, 2005, 09:08 AM
In Politics when SG-1 turns and looks out the briefing room window and look down on the Stargate. The music, the faces, evrythingworks without anybody even saying a word.

timdalton007

skritsys
November 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Window of Opportunity definitely had a good ending. We got to see O'Neill talk about his son.

pinguino_89
November 10th, 2005, 09:21 AM
My favorite ending is the end of Reckoning 2, with all the gates opening at the same, all members of SG1 fighting in diferent places and the effect of the weapon.
A also like the end of Threads, and the end od Revisions (I think, the last episode of season 5) the first episode where Daniel is dead, the rest of SG1 are going out of the SGC when there's wind, I like very much the music of this part.

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Revelations, I think. And yes, very good ending, too bad the rest of the episode was crap :D

Ancient 1
November 10th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I thought that was funny too. X-treme made me laugh so hard my side hurt.
:D "This isn't a real show?"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/7of9/eye_ball.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/7of9/eye_ball.gif

chyron
November 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Actually, I forgot that there was the 'Behind the scenes of Wormhole Extreme mini-doc' at the end of the episode. To that end - "What a minute, I'm playing a fictional actor playing a fictional character on a fictional show? Do I get paid?" or whatever the ending was. FYI If you recall the scene, the actor playing Jack's alternate is Peter Deluise's brother.

pinguino_89
November 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Revelations, I think. And yes, very good ending

Yes, the title was Revelations:o , thank you

da_hippie
November 10th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I quite liked the endings to episodes like Urgo or Forever in A Day, where it turns out that nothing actually happened. Nice little twist.

skritsys
November 10th, 2005, 09:51 AM
:D "This isn't a real show?"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/7of9/eye_ball.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/7of9/eye_ball.gif

You thought it was real? Take a number!

helio9
November 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM
While the fishing this at the end of Mobieus was nice, the Mobieus episodes themselves were horribly done IMO. Go back 5000 years and time and hope to not screw anything up? Please. Sam would know better, even if they others didn't. And Apparently the Pentagon approved that plan. Gimme a break.

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I quite liked the endings to episodes like Urgo or Forever in A Day, where it turns out that nothing actually happened. Nice little twist.

The ending to Urgo could be interperated in so many ways it is really impossible to know EXACTLY what happened. And it has never been referenced since. Has there ever been official confirmation on what actually happened?

andromeda_fate
November 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I like the one after Daniel dies and they feel the wind and you just know it's Daniel, also.

I also like the episode endings where ascended Daniel helps Jack and the one where he helps Teal'c. In both they end up in a hospital bed with Daniel visiting them one last time to help them realize that he was really there. I love those endings.

Wormhole X-treme is definitely my favorite humorous ending.

I also like the ending of Unnatural Selection where they betray Fifth's trust and the episode ends with Fifth frozen in time and that excellent look on his face that says he realizes they've betrayed him. Classic! I love it!:D

chyron
November 10th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala are fishing outside of Jack's cabin. The two couples are obviously TOGETHER and quite obviously married.

Wait, sorry we're discussing actually endings.

helio9
November 10th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Reckoning one and two were both great. It was soo creepy when the earth stargate opened, the iris wouldnt close and the bugs started coming in. Very cool eps. And they all got wasted by that huge weapon. That should have been used as the season finale IMO. The Mobeus arc was horrible.

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
definately, Moebius was just a way of linking with SGA, a way of explaininghow they got the ZPM, nothing more

Jack's Angel
November 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM
A matter of time....love the ending to that & The tok'ra part 2

SGVern
November 10th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Right. My two favorite endings:

1. Shades of Grey. Teal'c's pauses always bust my gut. It says to me that he's the one who actually lost in drawing the shortest straw, but given his imposing stature, gently persuaded Daniel to go to Jack's house.

2. Wormhole X-treme. The funniest ending in the history of funny endings. Need I say more.

solar wind
November 10th, 2005, 01:57 PM
The end of The Other Guys. Funny, kissing Sam, imagining of course.
On a different note, what's it called, The Other Side? Jack yells close the iris and says there was no way of procuring technology even though the guy pleaded to come back with them. The controversial ending.

the fifth man
November 10th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Probably the funniest ending I can remember off the top of my head was the ending of "Avenger 2.0". I absolutely loved O'Neill and Felger watching Carter and that doctor wrestle with each other. Very funny.
For a serious ending, I'd probably have to go with "Threads" or "The Lost City, Part 2". Seeing O'Neill frozen in that Ancient device was chilling. The ending of "Lockdown" wasn't too bad either. Loved how Anubis thought he was escaping, only to walk through to a barren ice planet.
There are many other endings I've thoroughly enjoyed, way too many to mention in fact. These are but a few off the top of my head.

starellen1
November 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
The end of The Other Guys. Funny, kissing Sam, imagining of course.
On a different note, what's it called, The Other Side? Jack yells close the iris and says there was no way of procuring technology even though the guy pleaded to come back with them. The controversial ending.

I, too, really like the ending of The Other Guys--very funny. I also liked the end of Avenger, when Sam and the lab assistant(Chloe, I think her name is) are fighting over Felger. I also loved the little RDA move to stop Felger from stopping the fight--very cute.

AGateFan
November 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Reckoning 2 was one of the best action endings... of course I would have to rewatch all my DVDs in close succession to determine if it is my favorite.

Favorite non-action "I can see that as a great series ending scene" would be the very end of Threads or Mobieus. Since I wasn’t a big fan of the Threads ep and I did like the funny twist in Mobieus I guess I would have to pick that version.

-Jules-
November 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I always like the ending when someone's hurt or injured. lol sounds sad doesn't it? Like the endings of Abyss or Grace. It shows the love the team members have for each other. (good ship scenes too...) oh, and Moebius has got to have one of the BEST endings EVER! :rolleyes:

agent_omf
November 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM
although the episode seems lacking IMO. i like the last scene in 'One False Step' with all the plants blooming.

solar wind
November 10th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I like the endings of Emancipation (though not the story), and Fire and Water(?) the one they thought Daniel had died (for the first time!:p ), when the team is walking off to the 'gate to go home and you hear them chatting. About Oprah, and selling Daniel's apartment.

And now I'm looking forward to seeing The Other Guys, don't know when I'll get to though

Ksenia
November 10th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I love dark endings, where all is not well - the occasional ones add so much to the overall arc of things. For this reason I love the ending to S1's "There But for the Grace of God."

Agent_Dark
November 11th, 2005, 12:29 AM
End of New Order - OMG ITS A REPLICATER CARTER!!!!! :eek: :D

helio9
November 11th, 2005, 01:39 AM
If I didn't know she was made of nanites or whatever, she'd be hot.

dilligaf
November 11th, 2005, 02:20 AM
moebius pt2 was perfect it was a really relaxed ending i slept well that night.

immhotep
November 11th, 2005, 06:27 AM
alliegence was IMO the best episode ending, the speach was perfect cos isummed up the enitree episode as well as the future/ past of the goauld war...perfect.

irishchick
November 11th, 2005, 07:41 AM
got to agree i think thread or mobieus could have been a series ender. also loved the end of grace with carter lying on the bed and u hear"twinkle twinkle little star" gave me goose bumps

SpookyBunny
November 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Now come on, as big of a shipper that I am, I have to say it's not moebius pt2 although it was soo squee worthy

but for the number one best stargate sg-1 ending, it just has to be Full Circle

lets face it it brought back everything that started stargate, it started on Abydos and ended on Abydos...I remembering crying at thay episode *sniff*

But if there was to be a combo best ending it would be Full Circle and Moebius pt2

SpookyBunny

pinguino_89
November 11th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I also like the end of Prisoners, wher they find out who really is Linea "the world's destroyer"

SnoggingPicard
November 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
got to agree i think thread or mobieus could have been a series ender. also loved the end of grace with carter lying on the bed and u hear"twinkle twinkle little star" gave me goose bumps

Oooh, yes, you are so right on both counts! ;)

Samuel J. Tilden
November 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Of the episodes already mentioned, Forever in a Day and There But For the Grace of God ("They're coming. They're coming.") were superb. Other endings I'm partial to:

Children of the Gods - Jack and Daniel vowing to find Skaara and Sha're (thus setting up the story arc of the next three seasons) and Gou'alded Kawalsky.

The Nox - "Fear not."

The Serpent's Lair - Spacemonkey!!!

Holiday - Everyone crowded around Ma'chello's deathbed as General Hammond grimly intones, "Welcome back SG-1."

killer_tinkerbell
November 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM
"There But for the Grace of God" had such a damn creepy ending that I loved it.

"Prototype" I think had one of the best endings with Cam and Danny walking up the ramp emtying their clips. Just a great.

SGVern
November 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM
All endings, in a general sense, are good. This one takes the cake as both the sexiest and scariest

Madeleine
November 11th, 2005, 11:51 PM
The end of Reckoning II was good, with a perfect mix of stuff resolved and cliffhanger. The replicators were finally defeated after a corking two-parter, but Daniel was DEAD!!

AGAIN!!!

I liked the end of The Curse. Pity we never saw Steven again.

I liked the end of Changeling. But then the whole episode was classy.

I liked the end of Exodus. Sam blew up a sun :D

plaw15
November 12th, 2005, 12:36 AM
for me i think elliot in last stand hearing the horns and the jaffa coming at him was probably the best ending

also the funny ending to wormhole xtreme

and there was a great ending in season 9 with great music at the end as it was showing brad and roberts name but i can't remeber the name of the epsode

so what do you people think> any opinions

Thats what i thought too.:)

Pharaoh Atem
November 12th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Thats what i thought too.:)
i wanted to add merdian also had a good ending with Daniel acended

the part with jack telling jacob to stop and then daniel taking his last breath and janet looking at jack.

AcidSquid
November 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I Think End of Heroes pt 2 was pretty nice.

Pharaoh Atem
March 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM
now that we have seen season 9 want to add i know people will agree with me Ethon had a great ending it fit the mood of what happen in that episode completely ( Rough day)

and i didn't think of it at the time but also seige pt 3

mckaychick
March 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM

yeah i agree that was a good ending.

kiko
March 7th, 2006, 08:13 PM
heck yes. Heroes pt 2 is definately one of my favorite episodes and then ending is spectacular. There was one other that I just watched where I was like WOW! that was awesome.. But I can't remember what it was. It might have been an atlantis episode. hmmm. I'll have to come back to this one

chyron
March 8th, 2006, 06:47 AM

Apart from the fact that Janet was dead.

ancientaction
March 8th, 2006, 08:30 AM
you know, i missed most of season 7. never actually saw heros.

and i was wondering for the past year were Janet was, until i saw "ripple Efect" i was like, damn, i din't know she died.

Lord Shiva
March 8th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Threads ending was better IMO, the fish thing was just wasnt needed at the end of Moebius, so the Threads version gets my vote

Threads was definetely 100x better then Moebius, and would have been a much better season ender. I didn't like the fish bit much, either.

Bragi
March 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I really liked the ending for Heroes part 2.

It was very poinant and well done. Much like the rest of the episode.

ReganX
March 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I don't know which I'd call my favourite but I love the fishing scene at the end of 'Threads', it's so sweet and the one at the end of 'Moebius II' where the fish jumps out of the pond cracks me up.

Cherriey
March 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Proving Ground. =0) You never know! lol

JackGyver
March 8th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Some of these have already been mentioned, buuut...

Heroes [II]
It was a surprisingly comforting conclusion to the death of Frasier. I thought the scene with Jack and Sam was especially well-done. And then the redemption of Bregman, new baby Janet, and Jack sitting down in front of the camera. Satisfyingly done.

Unnatural Selection
This is more chilling in hindsight, knowing what Fifth would become. Also, Jack's justification of it. It's also something to think about, Fifth's rage causing him to single-handedly destroy all the other human-form Reps. An eerie ending.

The Other Side
I love it when Jack is controversial. It also reveals a lot about Jack's stronger convictions.

the fifth man
March 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Heroes [II]
It was a surprisingly comforting conclusion to the death of Frasier. I thought the scene with Jack and Sam was especially well-done. And then the redemption of Bregman, new baby Janet, and Jack sitting down in front of the camera. Satisfyingly done.

Indeed it was. That whole episode was great really. I really liked the way they handled things after Janet's death.

JackGyver
March 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Indeed it was. That whole episode was great really. I really liked the way they handled things after Janet's death.

Going back to the Jack/Sam scene, I just thought it was perfect. It shows that he really does care for her and love her, and vice versa, but it's not shmaltzy and over-done. It captures everything excellently. All-in-all, the episode is one of the best examples of the series, and what the show really should be like more often. Daniel is also in top form.

But now I'm digressing from the ending. :)

Bragi
March 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
There's a reason I have it listed as my favorite episode.

It's their most well-written and well-acted episode, in my opinion.

And the moral of the story isn't rammed down your throat, like a lot of shows tend to do. They make their point subtly, and exceedingly well.

Jolinar of the Tok'ra
March 9th, 2006, 06:40 AM
"Heroes II" is the best ending and "Window of Opportunity" leaves you speculating on what Daniel and Sam are trying to figure out what Jack did.

RuleBritannia
March 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
The end of 'Camelot' with the destruction of the Milky Way's finest and then Vala standing in the Ori ship as she starts to have the baby.

Pharaoh Atem
April 18th, 2006, 07:23 AM
'Camelot' takes the cake IMHO

The Signal
April 18th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Meridian, the scene were Daniel tells Jack to stop, and then the other one with them as he dies, perfect, chokes me up every time.

GeniiPrior111
April 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I agree the one with Elliot was awesome. Also Prototype, and Camelot gets a shout-out for a HOLY CRAP! ending.

Pharaoh Atem
September 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
to add some more
The Pegasus Project"
Sateda

full.infinity
September 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
to add some more
The Pegasus Project"
Sateda
McKay and Mrs. Miller was pretty good too--The ZPM!

Major Gambit
September 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM

wernt they the same?

Col. Shadow Quinn
September 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
SG1 going fishing.

Kyle
September 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I think the ending to Lost City part 2 is the best.
"Aveo ... amacus,"
Very thoughtful ending.

Amann
September 11th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I liked the end of Full Circle and Fair Game, classics

Full circle was good seeing the abydonians ascend

Fair game was with the system lords going to earth in season 3, seeing the asgard ship fly away was just classic.

broken-heart
September 12th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I think Threads, Last Stand, Divide and Conquer, and I also felt that Lost City Part 2 had a great ending, even though it was Jack being frozen. It didn't tie up all the loose ends...but I love it.

solar wind
September 12th, 2006, 06:42 PM
The ending of Within the Serpent's Grasp I liked:
SG-1 looking out on earth.
I also like the endings of Emancipation and Fire and Water, with the team just talking and joking as they head to the Stargate and home.
Also Ethon made me go Wow. By the way, why was the episode named that?

Hooperman1990
September 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
I loved the ending to Reckoning, i always try to name all the planets when the gates open (but i cant). The slow music and SG1 fighting in all the different places was amazing. (Just a point i think i saw whaen i watched it, does jack switch guns from the big thing to P90 when theyre fighting replicators in the SGC?)

Also the wormhole extreme making of bit was great. "I'm Christian Bocher. I'm portraying the character of Raymond Gunne, who portrays the character of Dr. Levant, which is based on the character Daniel Jackson, portrayed by the actor Michael Shanks, originally portrayed by the actor James Spader…in the feature film"

Okohme
September 21st, 2006, 02:02 PM
Heroes pt. 2. Hands down.

solar wind
September 21st, 2006, 02:22 PM
I loved the ending to Reckoning, i always try to name all the planets when the gates open (but i cant). The slow music and SG1 fighting in all the different places was amazing. (Just a point i think i saw whaen i watched it, does jack switch guns from the big thing to P90 when theyre fighting replicators in the SGC?)

Also the wormhole extreme making of bit was great. "I'm Christian Bocher. I'm portraying the character of Raymond Gunne, who portrays the character of Dr. Levant, which is based on the character Daniel Jackson, portrayed by the actor Michael Shanks, originally portrayed by the actor James Spader…in the feature film"
I agree, the end of Reckoning was really great. Have you seen the thread about which planets 'gates were seen opening? Titled, Reckoning-All The Planets. All the planets have been identified, if you're interested.

Hooperman1990
September 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
I agree, the end of Reckoning was really great. Have you seen the thread about which planets 'gates were seen opening? Titled, Reckoning-All The Planets. All the planets have been identified, if you're interested.
Thanks, ill have a look for that! :D

solar wind
September 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks, ill have a look for that! :D
No problem.:)

Missster.Freeman
September 22nd, 2006, 02:28 PM
The final scene of Moebius: Part 2 (the reprise of the final scene from Threads) where O'Neill says to Carter: "Close enough." It would've been the perfect way to end a series. It was kinda undone though when SG-1 came back the following year...

chyron
September 25th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Heroes pt. 2. Hands down.

WHAT! They killed Dr. Janet Fraser!!! How could that be the best ending ever???!!!

Pharaoh Atem
February 14th, 2007, 05:20 PM
first strike

Franklyn Blaze
February 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
first strike
Is a cliffhanger really an ending?

Ripple in Space
February 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
"Double Jeopardy" :jack: & :jack: moment.

MaeveBran
February 16th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Homecoming- Daniel back and contempating the Gate that had played such a big part in the life he is just begining to remember.

Counterstrike- Daniel's coment about Vala being a mother andclose enough to a battle seasoned wairrior

Within the Serpant's Grasp- "Spacemonkey", need I say more?

Pharaoh Atem
March 18th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Mitchell dilong at the end of unending.