Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games to the big screen is anything possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games to the big screen is anything possible?

with the recent trend in making movies off of games and such, i wonder which game would you like to see become a movie?

i think in keeping with the game storyline and characters such as resident evil 1 and 2 it can turn out pretty good, im not saying the movies were outstanding but they kept true to the game and in places where as closed to it as if it was the game that was playing out.

with VFX playing the main part of any sci fi movie it seems that any game could potentially become a movie at some stage

with the recent aticipation of the movies halo and doom it seems this trend is set to grow bigger and in the area of sci fi and action fiction if thats such a genre, but still which games would you like to see become a movie and it could be anything not just sci fi fantasy as well?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Perfect Game for a movie? Metel Gear Solid. The game had such a cinematic and (Especially "The Twin Snakes") scripted storyline, many of the problems that game-to-movie transitions usually have would'nt apply.

Comment

Hmm, well they already did Doom recently. I think the FPS type of games going to Hollywood now falls in the "HoHum" category. Unless they can make it more than just a shooter/action flick away from the usual, it'll sell. Of course, for entertainment wise, nothing wrong with the usual, but if they want to see big $$, it'll have to be deeper. It would be interesting if they can adapt an Fantasy RPG into the big screen. Ie. the award winning Baldur's Gate or NeverWinter Nights per se.

How about the Tom Clancy Rainbow series?
      Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I'd love to see Max Payne on the big screen.

it's a shooter that's story driven...don't just have to clear levels like most others.

also...original Unreal.

and...Myst would be interesting.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

<smacks own forehead>. How could I missed them titles! Myst would be supercool. Just like Final Fantasy, it'll be interesting.

Actually, the novels of Myst might hold ground for a big movie too.

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
          I'd love to see Max Payne on the big screen.

it's a shooter that's story driven...don't just have to clear levels like most others.

also...original Unreal.

and...Myst would be interesting.
          Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

However, I can see Halo coming to the Big Screen later...the title has generated enough $$ to justify it to having more.
            Don't make me zat you

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
              However, I can see Halo coming to the Big Screen later...the title has generated enough $$ to justify it to having more.
              Um Halo IS getting a movie

but any ways I wouldent mind anouther animated Sonic the hedgehog movie Based on either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2

Comment

Chronicals of Riddick.... oh wait.

EDIT: Chronicals of Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay is a great game BTW, many think it was better then the movie. I actually liked the movie so I guess I can't comment, but I did love the game. Not for those that cant stand cursing though because although you can turn off the "gore" you cannot turn off the "bad language" and there is a tone of it said and written on the walls.... it is after all a game about escaping a triple max prison.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Chronicals of Riddick.... oh wait.

EDIT: Chronicals of Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay is a great game BTW, many think it was better then the movie. I actually liked the movie so I guess I can't comment, but I did love the game. Not for those that cant stand cursing though because although you can turn off the "gore" you cannot turn off the "bad language" and there is a tone of it said and written on the walls.... it is after all a game about escaping a triple max prison.
                  lol, but the movie came before the game

Apparently FarCry is in the works for a movie. And the same director (Uwe Boll) has a few other Big screen adaptions of games in the works as well - Hunter: The Reckoning, Fear Effect, In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Seige Tale. But he's done alot of very crappy movies in the past, and I've read that he's basically just churning out game adaption after game adaption to cut a tax break or something... (no idea how true those stories are though). So don't expect too much from them

Comment

we need a megga big movie somethime soon, i think movies recently are not as good as they used to be maybe the writters aren't given free range to be creative becuase it will not make money or my taste in movies has changed so much i cannot enjoy such flicks as starwars and such.
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

It gets really frustrating IMO, they want to movie-fy every game out there and most of them just plain suck.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

StarCraft would make an excellent TV-show, it would be too short with just a movie. Would be even better if it wasn't the games storyline too, but it shouldn't be a totally new, and screwed up, storyline like DooM for example. I've wanted a dark sci-fi show, much darker then parts of B5, and StarCraft has an awsome atmosphere.

Comment

Game movies will never be great as long as the people that write them don't have a clue about what the game is about. At least they could have the scripts checked and approved by the people that made the damn game, instead they just use the name and make up a story that fits loosely with the overall premise of the game. Then they just assume that they failed because they were based on a video game.

Things seem different with Halo, lets hope it works : http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19905
                          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Hmm, well they already did Doom recently. I think the FPS type of games going to Hollywood now falls in the "HoHum" category. Unless they can make it more than just a shooter/action flick away from the usual, it'll sell. Of course, for entertainment wise, nothing wrong with the usual, but if they want to see big $$, it'll have to be deeper. It would be interesting if they can adapt an Fantasy RPG into the big screen. Ie. the award winning Baldur's Gate or NeverWinter Nights per se.

How about the Tom Clancy Rainbow series?
                            rainbow six actually started as a book and i think 4 other clancy novels have been made into films so i dont see why they shouldnt make it into a film

Comment

Unfotunately, Halo is too later for me: Summer, 2007. Ah well, I guess we gotta give them enough time to film it properly.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X