• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: SG-1 Premiere Breaks Records

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-s...7/13/10.00.sfc

09:00am ET, 13-July-04

SG-1 Premiere Breaks Records

The two-hour eighth-season premiere of the SCI FI Channel original series Stargate SG-1 broke records with a 2.4 rating in its July 9 initial airing, the network announced. The two-part episode "New Order" captured 3.22 million viewers, making it the most-watched original episode of Stargate SG-1 in the series' history.

The episode also broke all of SCI FI's previous viewership records for original series:

•It was the first episode of a SCI FI original series to deliver more than 3 million viewers.
    •It was the first episode of a SCI FI original series to deliver more than 2 million viewers aged 25-54.
    •It was the highest-rated and most-watched episode of Stargate SG-1 on SCI FI.
    •It was the highest-rated and most-watched program on SCI FI in 2004.
    •It was the most-watched Stargate SG-1 episode in its entire eight-year cable run.
    •It was the most-watched episode of an original series in SCI FI history.

The Stargate SG-1 season premiere led SCI FI Channel to the top slot for the night among viewers 25-54 and second place among 18- to 49-year-olds.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Grr! Scifi.com doesn't work for me! Thanks Morjana for posting it, since i can never get into scifi's page
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I heard or read that it alsoa top the rating chart for free TV (regular television channels) that night. If I am wrong, would someone please correct me?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        I heard or read that it alsoa top the rating chart for free TV (regular television channels) that night. If I am wrong, would someone please correct me?
        It did beat many shows that are in repeats (broadcast networks), and the demographs for SG1 did really good.

Comment

I'd be interested to know that, too. All I can ever find are the top 20 ratings, and those are shows with 10+ million viewers...

... why *anyone* would watch "The Simple Life" instead of Stargate positively HAUNTS me...
          "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
          "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
          "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
          --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

I think its difficult to view ratings, especially for cable shows such as on Scifi, because Nielsen Ratings are very strict, even if your paying fro the ratnigs, they'll ask you to remove the ratings from a website, newspaper, etc. Thats what happened to thefutoncritic.com, zap2it.com, both pages only was able to show the top 20 and was able to show the ratings for a a specific day for only a week, so it was really depressing that i couldn't see the ratings from a show 7 years ago, haha...

Comment

Wow! I had no idea. You'd think they'd want their information to be out there. Most research-based groups LIVE to have their research used and circulated.
              "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
              "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
              "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
              --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

I know what your saying haha, i would want something i own to be known and out there for people to use or something, but i guess since Nielsen Ratings is the only (maybe) company that tracks ratings and such, maybe it would be different if their were more just one company

Comment

Working...
                X