This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite Batman movie?

I just watch Batman Begins, and man was it awesome. It was my favorite one of all of them made. And it got me thinking, Should make a poll asking people what their favorite Batman Movie is. Now Here the question (Mods should use the info below as the poll for this thread):

What's your favorite Batman movie?
    Batman (1989)
    Batman Returns (1992)
    Batman Forever (1995)
    Batman & Robin (1997)
    Batman Begins (2005)
    Batman 1989
    27.27%
    Batman Returns 1992
    2.27%
    Batman Forever 1995
    4.55%
    Batman and Robin 1997
    2.27%
    Batman Begins 2005
    63.64%
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 04 November 2005, 12:32 PM.
    sigpic

Sadly, I've yet to see Batman Begins. Of those I have seen, Batman (1989) is my favorite.

I note your list fails to include the 1960's Batman movie. It was fun in it's own right based on sheer campiness.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I like Batman and Robin. Freeze and Poison Ivy were great villains. Plus I liked Batgirl too, having all three of them was cool.

Comment

Batman Begins - gets my vote as the best of the Bateman movies so far
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Batman (1989).

Comment

Batman Begins (2005) - As comics go Im not a huge batman fan, but this movie made me reconsider. It was just really well done, didnt seem to be as campy as all the other ones. I really liked it, two thumbs up.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I havn't seen Batman begins I must admit but I think the best one was Batman (1989). The much later ones did seem a bit silly and this one was IMHO much darker.

I did read a quote once supposedy from the guy who originally came up with the batman comics and he reckoned that Jack Nicholson's portrayol of the Joker was better than anything he'd ever come up with.
              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

I originally liked Batman (1989) but after watching and purchasing Batman Begins (2005), I've changed my mind.

Batman Begins (2005) is a great movie and explores how Bruce Wayne became Batman, wheras the first movie Batman (1989) and the others we only got small details on how he became Batman.

Can't wait for the sequel to Batman Begins.

Comment

Batman Begins (2005)... hands down...
                  I bought the DVD and have already watched it several times... It's a terrific film that delves into Bruce Wayne's past and Christian Bale does a terrific job being the angry young man. You can really see the fire in his eyes. Actually, the entire cast did a great job... Loved Michael Caine in particular. The new Batmobile kicks all manner of behinds.

However, I didn't mind the other Bat films... I didn't take them seriously so I wasn't too offended by the silliness but Batman Begins is far more emotionally engaging. I still get teary at certain scenes.
                  Last edited by Easter Lily; 04 November 2005, 03:49 AM.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                    I note your list fails to include the 1960's Batman movie. It was fun in it's own right based on sheer campiness.
                    It also fails include the 1943 movie "The Batman", although I must admit that I have not managed to see that one myself.

My favorite is now Batman Begins, which makes Burtons, otherwise excellent, 1989 film feel very 'comic-y'. Burton still gets points with me for permanently shifting the general publics view of Batman from the Adam West hijinks to the more mature Dark Knight.

Comment

Batman Begins -- Way better than the rest!
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I would say Mask of the Phantasim but it isnt on the list

so Batman returns for me

and I havnt seen begins yet

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          Batman Begins (2005)... hands down...
                          I bought the DVD and have already watched it several times... It's a terrific film that delves into Bruce Wayne's past and Christian Bale does a terrific job being the angry young man. You can really see the fire in his eyes. Actually, the entire cast did a great job... Loved Michael Caine in particular. The new Batmobile kicks all manner of behinds.

However, I didn't mind the other Bat films... I didn't take them seriously so I wasn't too offended by the silliness but Batman Begins is far more emotionally engaging. I still get teary at certain scenes.
                          Same here. Speaking for myself, all the other Batman movies turned to dust once I saw Batman Begins. It's thoughtful, deep, very moving, yet with a lot of action---Batman for grown-ups! (Before, I couldn't imagine Christian Bale as Batman, but now that I've seen him, I can't imagine anyone else in that role. Same for Michael Caine as Alfred, although he's always wonderful in any role he does.... Liam Neeson was a treat, too....)

Comment

I haven't seen Batman Begins yet, but Batam (1989) I will always remember as my personal favorite.
                            Although Sandy Collora did a Batman short Batman Dead End, and that I really loved. Sandy has a great eye for some great shots and costuming.
                            http://www.collorastudios.com/projects/bde/bdemain.htm
                            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                            Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                              My favorite is now Batman Begins, which makes Burtons, otherwise excellent, 1989 film feel very 'comic-y'. Burton still gets points with me for permanently shifting the general publics view of Batman from the Adam West hijinks to the more mature Dark Knight.
                              Batman Begins assumes that Batman is a real person, a man with a lot of baggage, traumatized by
                              Spoiler:
                              the untimely death of his parents
                              . Not once do you feel that he is a comic book character but rather a man bottling up an incredible amount of rage.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X