PDA

View Full Version : First season 10 episode title revealed? Plus guest cast!

Butterfly-Dreamer
November 2nd, 2005, 04:23 PM
Acording to IMDB.com (who are frequently wrong about such things by the way), the first episode of the 10th season will be called "No Hope" and will guest star Richard Dean Anderson.

I think its a fair gues that RDA would come back for a guest spot at some point in the future.

Maybe its true, maybe it not, but i thought I'd let you loveley people here know non the less.

Here's exactly what it says on IMDB.COM

"No Hope" Episode: #10.1 - September 2006
Richard Dean Anderson .... Gen. Jack O'Neill

And here's the link (but you'll have to scrol to the bottom to see the name of the episode, as they are in order of their first airing.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0118480/guests

PS
Just noticed that its got an airing date of September 2006. Its probably wrong, but who knows such things, only the powers that be.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 2nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Nice, my daydream is correct so far (RDA guest starring, not the episode name)

The Engineer
November 2nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Hmmm!!!
BTW Claudia Black guest stars in 9x20 but she is not mentioned in this link.

The Engineer
November 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Nice, my daydream is correct so far (RDA guest starring, not the episode name)
But I hope he won't be such a stiff (:( )like he was in 9x01 and 9x03.

GatetheWay
November 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
It's probably a fake. TPTB haven't started prep for season 10 yet.

The Engineer
November 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
It's probably a fake. TPTB haven't started prep for season 10 yet.
Whose fake? IMDB.com's fake? For what reason? Maybe a mix-up or a missunderstanding made by them.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Well according to IMDB.com, Don Davis is going to be back in Ripple Effect (as well as The Fourth Horseman two-parter)

Azrm2k
November 2nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
We already saw him in Fourth Horseman Part 1.

Kas
November 2nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Whose fake? IMDB.com's fake? For what reason? Maybe a mix-up or a missunderstanding made by them.

Sounds like a wind-up to me from an anti Stargate without RDA fan, hence the supposed title. IMDB are not the best of sources... anyone can upload any info providing you register. I've had to go in and correct a few things before. Everyone is still on hiatus at present, even the writers (Mallozzi) waiting for pick-up. No-one's hashed anything out, let alone story titles and not even the main cast have ended contract negotiations, let alone RDA being signed.

the fifth man
November 2nd, 2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, for some reason I just don't think this holds a lot of weight. Tptb haven't even fully signed everyone onboard for next season yet. If, for some reason, it is correct though, sounds fine to me. I would love to see RDA guest appear every now and then.

Eoin
November 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
If, for some reason, it is correct though, sounds fine to me. I would love to see RDA guest appear every now and then.

Agreed :)

I cant see that info being correct :)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
We already saw him in Fourth Horseman Part 1.
I know that, didn't you read my post all the way through

Well according to IMDB.com, Don Davis is going to be back in Ripple Effect (as well as The Fourth Horseman two-parter)

you left out the bold part.

Darren
November 2nd, 2005, 09:46 PM
Consider the alleged episode title. "No Hope" (for RDA coming back).

It's certainly a bad joke.

JanusAncient
November 2nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
"No Hope," it doesn't seem like a Sg-1 episode title, not any that would normally be conceived for the show, so I don't believe it, RDA coming back, since he is well known to have the Ancient gene, that's a definite possibility, but the title, I don't buy it.

TrustNo1
November 2nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
WTF? You believe a rumour about AT coming back for 10 episodes of Atlantis which could in no way be confirmed anymore than this but you don't believe IMDB because fans can submit stuff? I don't get it. WTF?

Agent_Dark
November 2nd, 2005, 10:50 PM
WTF? You believe a rumour about AT coming back for 10 episodes of Atlantis which could in no way be confirmed anymore than this but you don't believe IMDB because fans can submit stuff? I don't get it. WTF?
thats ok, we dont expect you too.

TrustNo1
November 2nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Oh haha my sides are splitting from laughing so much.

BritAngie
November 3rd, 2005, 12:10 AM
IMDB is *not* reliable. Like Kas said-I've amended rubbish on there myself and I'm not a show runner or any actors rep.

It sounds def like a bad joke.

TrustNo1
November 3rd, 2005, 12:35 AM
So does a well established character being moved to a show also with well established characters yet you all believe it no problem.

shockwave
November 3rd, 2005, 02:39 AM
I think it was obvious from the start this was a joke.

Stricken
November 3rd, 2005, 03:44 AM
Ripple Affect accordint to AT I believe involoves other realities merging so old characters can return, it also involoved them all wearing their green, blue and dessert outfits!

Someone is haveing a luagh, TPTB havent even thought about it yet theu are probably taking a break after S9 and S2

prion
November 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM

Er, anybody and their pet poodle (if they're net savvy) can add info to IMDB.com. What is frustrating is that IMDB actually charges people for higher level access to a database that does contain errors.

The RDA mention is interesting, but like someone said, heck, they haven't even started writing yet (that we know of), half or more of hte cast are still negotiating contracts, so....

Nice dream ;)

Darren
November 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
The AT news, of course, came from AT's own mouth (reported independently by multiple con-goers).

The first episode of Season Ten doesn't exist yet, let alone could a casting deal have been reached. The first episode is probably little more than a glimmer in Rob Cooper's eye. IMDb might as well say that I'm guest starring in the Season 14 finale as Jar Jar Binks.

starathena74
November 3rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
im just hopeing the my inside feeling r right but i will just have to wh8 and see only time will tell:D

Agent_Dark
November 3rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
IMDb might as well say that I'm guest starring in the Season 14 finale as Jar Jar Binks.
Haha, prepare for the hate-mail then! ;) :P

Livi2Jack
November 4th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Hey I wonder if this is accurate, but I read that he will be in the first episode.

"Stargate SG-1" playing "Gen. Jack O'Neill" in episode: "No Hope" (episode # 10.1) September 2006

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000760/

Having lots of hope...

Livi

Kas
November 4th, 2005, 12:33 AM
There's the GW discussion thread going on here :) :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19733

Uber
November 4th, 2005, 12:43 AM
The AT news, of course, came from AT's own mouth (reported independently by multiple con-goers).

The first episode of Season Ten doesn't exist yet, let alone could a casting deal have been reached. The first episode is probably little more than a glimmer in Rob Cooper's eye. IMDb might as well say that I'm guest starring in the Season 14 finale as Jar Jar Binks.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wooo! You're going to star as Jar Jar Binks??? Will it be opposite Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon too because I remember reading about this...in IMDB.

Ooh...more importantly...can I get your autograph????

;)

JanusAncient
November 4th, 2005, 03:15 AM
So does a well established character being moved to a show also with well established characters yet you all believe it no problem.

I didn't accept that, just didn't make sense, to move Amanda Tapping over to Atlantis, in favour of Claudia Black, couldn't even phatom the construction of such moronic assumption.

Stricken
November 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
To sumerise, Its too early to know at this stage.

Nutty_One111
November 4th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Hey I wonder if this is accurate, but I read that he will be in the first episode.

"Stargate SG-1" playing "Gen. Jack O'Neill" in episode: "No Hope" (episode # 10.1) September 2006

Having lots of hope...

Livi

Yay!!!!!!!! I really hope they're right it would be nice to see Jack again in season 10 :) Thanx for sharing Livi2Jack

The Signal
November 4th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I think it is as a guest, but ya never know

Nutty_One111
November 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah i thought it would be as a guest for maybe 1 or 2 episodes just hoping that IMDB's info is accurate *crosses fingers and toes*

It'd be good to know that they are still keeping the character alive in the 'stargate universe'.

Abodie
November 4th, 2005, 10:12 AM
I feel the chemistry of the SG-1 is missing its pizazz sinced RDA left. Maybe he's going bonkers being around his daughter all the time and he's considering returning. Even good parents need a breather from their kids. He went from being a part-time father to a full-time Dad. Whatever he's been up to I hope he isn't done with SG-1. I was never a Jack and Sam shipper but felt like their relationship was left hanging. Even bringing in several new characters were not enough of a distraction to make us forget the fab 4 (RDA, AT, MS and CJ). In the meantime with all the radical changes in the show, I've reclaimed Friday nights and have turned off the TV entirely.

Galluslass
November 4th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I would love him to come back in a turn around to the Abyss.

What if DJ was the one imprisoned and the rest of 'em couldn't find him? By
S10 they possibly would've discovered a way to communicate without actually having to ascend first, hell, even if it was by hologram.

I don't just was Jack back to make a few wise cracks and look puzzled, I want a dang good reason for him to return, with a good storyline and a bunch of good scenes to act out. Sigh. A girl can dream...:o

sueKay
November 4th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I'd love this rumour to be true, but I don't think it will be sadly :(

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Even it is only for a cameo it would well be worth seeing RDA again.

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
ok we all can hope and pray that rda comes back in some shape of form i will keep praying
like i have side b4 only time well tell
i know i want him to come back:D

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM
well until RDA comes back I am going to get drunk every night.
Gottta drown my sorrows somehow.

knowles2
November 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I think perhaps the title is the most interesting point, if itis called NO Hope and that a big if, however if that is a title point to the ori appearing in our galaxy and a massive asguard fleet is destoryed in a massive space battle and the asgard fleet is totally annihallated and the and in the scene we are told that the asgard threw everthing they have at the ori and it had no effect on there. This would defferntly give the sense that no one can save the Milky way galexy not even the asguard and would a good sense of we are up against through the season.

Malak
November 4th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I somehow doubt that of all websites IMDB would have details on the season 10 opener given that contracts haven't been finalised.

At the best right now the writers would be throwing around ideas about how to resolve the cliffhanger, if that. :S

Harlan
November 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Okay, friends from a French SG Forum and I have spotted something quite intriguing while checking RDA's filmography on IMDB. That's incredible :eek: !

Notable TV Guest Appearances

You can check by yourself here >>>>> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000760/ ;) .

So IMDB gives us the title of the Season 10 premieres, and confirms that RDA will appear :) ! "No Hope" sounds like a damn freaky title :D !!!

I just hope IMDB's info is reliable :rolleyes: ... The site is usually a source to trust ;).

( Mods, if this information has already been revealed around here, don't hesitate : zat this topic 3 times :D )

The Signal
November 4th, 2005, 03:10 PM
There is already a thread about this. And I believe IMBD isnt too reliable, baring in mind work hasnt been started on Season 10 yet, so it is unlikely that any official titles have been created yet, let alone officially anounced

kev64
November 5th, 2005, 09:11 AM

:confused:

Is the IMDb right about this, I hope so. :cool:

kirmit
November 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
LOL! season 10 has only just bin annnouced i doubt they have anything written for it yet

Missster.Freeman
November 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM
/edit: Yeah, I would take that news with a big pinch of salt.

general ben
November 5th, 2005, 09:21 AM
well they could have had him agree to be in a few epsiodes in season ten just like in season 9.

Chricton
November 5th, 2005, 09:21 AM
IMDB always lies. Some hopeful kid probably submitted that.

It wont happen.

The Signal
November 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM
This is only about the fifth thread about this in the last two days. They wont have begun work, ^ had it right, some poor deluded kid probably posted. There is still "news" on Scream 4 on IMDB even though Neve Cambell and Wes Craven have formally said they wont be involved, and most of the old cast have said the same, IMDB still contradicts that though, we will see much later, possibly early next year, but I doubt it will be before March/april

Lida
November 5th, 2005, 12:36 PM
As much as I would love to see RDA return, even a guest, I have serious reservations about the authenticity of this information. The source is unreliable....and it's a bit early for announcements about season 10, especially story plots, titles and guests. But that's just my opinion....;)

Will I stop hoping for the return of RDA? Nope. Do I think it will happen.....I truly don't know. Some days I think he must, on some level, miss it, and then on other days, I think how happy he must be to be free from the schedules, etc.

Carina199
November 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I would love it to have Jack back. One episode is very little but better than nothing.
I always thought IMBD would be a reliable source?!?

SGVern
November 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Take a look at the message boards for IMDB under "Stargate SG-1". I started a thread about this there. They also have the premiere date listed as September 2006! HA! IMDB has been known in the past to stretch things, but this is ridiculous. As Henry Hayes put it, eloquently, I might add: "Never going to happen"

IMDB revises stuff as dates and guest stars get confirmed, though. What you see now will change in the future.

The Signal
November 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Lol, I had noticed the date, what can you do? Amazing how people will believe it as soon as they see it (wishfull thinking:D). think people!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
It's gone from RDA's IMDB page and the SG-1 IMDB page.

PG15
November 5th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Woah, major thread-combination-age here!

Anyway, I don't believe it for a second, I mean, they haven't even started planning for season 10 yet, not officially anyway.

shockwave
November 6th, 2005, 03:27 AM
It was just a joke, it just means there is NO HOPE RDA will appear in SEASON 10

Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
November 6th, 2005, 03:10 PM
No, I think this there is NO HOPE we'll never see RDA again and SEASON 10 is going to give us a hint.

orii7
November 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
MAN u guys r the ones without a brain! u guys dont have faith or hope becuase u aint got any! it whent away when your brain whent away after the brain couldnt take it anymore in your heads!

sorry my grandpa died and i just saw his dead body and i am NOT happy about it!!!!! so my mood is diffrent right now so deal with it!!!!!!!!

PG15
November 6th, 2005, 09:56 PM
[Dr. Evil]Right...[/Dr. Evil]

startrekempress
November 7th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Consider the alleged episode title. "No Hope" (for RDA coming back).

It's certainly a bad joke.

I thought it was funny . . . :o :(

I'll be crawling back into my hole now . . .

~Sarah

(I did not make that listing. I did spot the joke. Don't blame me for it.)

gilthoniel
November 7th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I thought it was funny . . . :o :(

Me too.

Until I heard from a secret source that it was TRUE! It's the long awaited "resolution" to the "ship" where Jack returns to tell Sam to her face that she has "No Hope" of a romantic relationship with him and she immediately jumps aboard the next ship to Atlantis to grieve in another galaxy far, far away. Thereby explaining why AT is going to be in Atlantis next season. ;)

Elbereth

startrekempress
November 7th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Me too.

Until I heard from a secret source that it was TRUE! It's the long awaited "resolution" to the "ship" where Jack returns to tell Sam to her face that she has "No Hope" of a romantic relationship with him and she immediately jumps aboard the next ship to Atlantis to grieve in another galaxy far, far away. Thereby explaining why AT is going to be in Atlantis next season. ;)

Elbereth

:D :D :D :D :D

Oh, that's GREAT!!!

BTW, did anyone notice that someone from IMDb removed the offending listing? I wonder why . . . ;)

~Sarah

DragonGate
November 16th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Me too.

Elbereth

LOL! And when she gets there, she'll strike up a torrid love affair with Rodney McKay and drown her sorrows in Zelenka's moonshine.:p

sg-1fanintn
November 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Acording to IMDB.com (who are frequently wrong about such things by the way), the first episode of the 10th season will be called "No Hope" and will guest star Richard Dean Anderson.

I think its a fair gues that RDA would come back for a guest spot at some point in the future.

Maybe its true, maybe it not, but i thought I'd let you loveley people here know non the less.

Here's exactly what it says on IMDB.COM

"No Hope" Episode: #10.1 - September 2006
Richard Dean Anderson .... Gen. Jack O'Neill

And here's the link (but you'll have to scrol to the bottom to see the name of the episode, as they are in order of their first airing.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0118480/guests

PS
Just noticed that its got an airing date of September 2006. Its probably wrong, but who knows such things, only the powers that be.
Hmmmmm......when I went there, the last listing was episode 9.20. Could someone have removed it?

the fifth man
November 16th, 2005, 07:40 PM
This whole thing was kind of funny really.