This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super humans

right i just watched the third episode of season 2 of atlantis and ford is saying hes a super human. well not in them words, but could a large group of them earthling superhumans be enough to beat every threat in the universe.

imagine the tauri ruling the universe how fun

I doubt it. They could still be shot and killed pretty handily. The enzyme doesn't actually make them superman, just faster, stronger, and tougher (more like a wraith). Unload a bunch of rounds into their bodies or put a bullet through their head and they'll die just as fast as the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
      Unload a bunch of rounds into their bodies or put a bullet through their head and they'll die just as fast as the next guy.
      Coulden't of said it better myself.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
        I doubt it. They could still be shot and killed pretty handily. The enzyme doesn't actually make them superman, just faster, stronger, and tougher (more like a wraith). Unload a bunch of rounds into their bodies or put a bullet through their head and they'll die just as fast as the next guy.
        yes but they are much stronger than regular humans and theyre about equall to the goauld in their physical state so maybe they will be the next gods

Comment

Nah no chance. A single bomb would wipe out their current strong hold, there no way they could gain the ranks of hundreds of followers without sharing the wealth.
          "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Humans hopped up on Wraith enzyme, not really.

Highly-evolved, pre-ascension humans like Khalek, oh, yeah...

Highly-evolved, pre-ascension humans like Khalek hopped up on Wraith enzyme... One step short of godliness.
            And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

You're assuming that the enhanced mental powers of someone like Khalek wouldn't allow him to control his endocrine system to release hormones and such to enhance his strength and couldn't just use TK to effectively enhance his strength that way.

Comment

The Wraith enzyme is just an analogy for steroids in baseball. The idea is that it's a performance enhancing drug, but it has some dangerous side effects. I think they showed some of those side effects in The Lost Boys - namely aggressive and violent behavior - but we'll see the real effects when the season picks back up in The Hive. Remember, Sheppard isn't on the enzyme, so he'll be the only one who can save the day, which is the show's way of saying you don't need to take drugs to get the job done.

As for Khalek using his advanced state to enhance his normally advanced abilities, I suppose he could, but at what price? Running your body like it's supercharged is only going to damage your body in the long term (that was the Kull Warrior problem Anubis ran into), though I suppose you could repair the damage if you're as advanced as Khalek was. You'd still be expending more energy though; it'd take effort to modify your bodily systems, and it'd teck effort to repair the damage afterwards. Seems like a silly thing to put yourself through.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

But what a rush! and the chance to become super human?
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

That's the thing, he wouldn't have to do it all the time. Maybe some extra adrenaline and testosterone in combat. And I doubt that using TK to enhance his strength would really do much in the way of harm to his body.

Comment

Im super Human, *jumps off garage*

Comment

there is still something called Gravity. you will fall.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                          As for Khalek using his advanced state to enhance his normally advanced abilities, I suppose he could, but at what price? Running your body like it's supercharged is only going to damage your body in the long term (that was the Kull Warrior problem Anubis ran into), though I suppose you could repair the damage if you're as advanced as Khalek was. You'd still be expending more energy though; it'd take effort to modify your bodily systems, and it'd teck effort to repair the damage afterwards. Seems like a silly thing to put yourself through.
                          It might not matter if your goal is to ascend. Who cares what damage is done to your body if you're going to leave it behind anyways.
                          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Comitting suicide though, artificially inducing your body to go through an unnatural process, would that not affect the ability to ascend?

Pay it forward

Comment

I was joking! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X