This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many F-302's can the daedalus hold

we know the prommie has 8 but i haven't heard mentioned about the daedelus, so does anyone know?

i think it can hold 10. but dont quote me on that.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Looking back at episode "The Intruder", the bay that Sheppard and McKay beam into seems to hold eight F-302s' (four on either side of the bay). Since Daedalus has two such bays, one on either side of the ship, I would guess there are 16 F-302s'. This is just a guess, though.
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

no one lauch bay is for landing. however i think there is a loophole for the amount of 302's it can 'hold' because they deadlus's engines could potentially tow entire squadron of the craft through hyperspace with the help of hermiod. just like thwe AMS could tow the promethius.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          no one lauch bay is for landing. however i think there is a loophole for the amount of 302's it can 'hold' because they deadlus's engines could potentially tow entire squadron of the craft through hyperspace with the help of hermiod. just like thwe AMS could tow the promethius.
          Sounds good hopefully we'll see that in SGA sometime. a squadron of 302 would do a lot of damage.

But do well really need a landing bay as cant the deadlus just beam 302 in and out of the ship. Plus could the deadlus rearm 302 in flight by beaming new missiles on to them. Or would hermiod not allow any of this.

Comment

I don't see why Hermiod would have an issue with that unless he's lazy. It doesn't make us a threat to them by doing so.

Comment

Well i though the asgard could see it as being the same as beaming a nuke, cause you are beaming other missiles which is sort of similar

Comment

Hermoid did allow the beaming of a nuke so why not a rearmement as it is not offiensive but logistive.

Comment

Well i was hoping I would be wrong anyway. But why dont then do it?

Comment

I don't really understand why he had a problem beaming a nuke, I mean they gave us sheilds and didn't want to give us anything that would be a threat to them, but i don't see how nuking a wraith ship could pose a threat to them. it's obvious to me that the only reason the asguard didn't give us weapons too was because it would have made us too powerful for the current plot. but shields would allow us to survive in the plot. After all, if we wanted to destroy them, we could have just let the replicators do their job and waited.

Comment

should be 16 eight on each side

Comment

yeah if we were gunna beat them down we could of let the asgard die with the replicators. then killed the replicators, took the prommie to orilla ( might of taken a while) and hey presto asgard civilization to take hold of.
                        but IMO if they were about to lose they would of sent all their ships to earth with instruction on how to use etc and the code to all thier buildings everything, and a massive file on everything asgard...their last asct as the asgard would be the creation of the fifth race, the saviours and defeders of all that the old allience once stood for, defeating the goauld, the preservation of life, defeating the wraith, being one with universe...pretty good way to go down IMO.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

JM said theres about 16-20 302's

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            JM said theres about 16-20 302's
                            where? on the daedalus and do you have a link to this

Comment

Each F-302 bay on the Daedalus is large enough to hold ~45 F-302's. The problem, of course, is getting all of them in and out of there.
                              -- Schrodinger's Cat

Comment

Working...
                              X