PDA

View Full Version : No Daniel in Season 10?

Carin
October 28th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Not sure where to put this, so would a mod please place it properly? Thank you.

This was posted over at the London expo sight earlier today:

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm
Post subject: guest cancellation MICHAEL SHANKS

Michael is now unable to attend the Expo this coming Sunday due to an important meeting he has to take in LA to do with a potential major TV role.

He sends his sincere apologies and hopes to attend next year.

He will still be attending SG10 and will be doing the store signings the week following SG10.

Sorry

Admin

Does this mean he won't be coming back to STARGATE for Season 10????

Carin

AGateFan
October 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
no

alfirin_kirinki
October 28th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Dammit. I'm stewarding there that day, as well!

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Personal opinion? The "major TV role" isn't a role on a series... or not as a permanent character on a series.

Either it's poor word choice on the part of whoever wrote it, or it's engendered to create hysteria in fandom. That's certainly the way it's being used, anyway.

MS left for S6 and came back. I don't think he'd leave again until the end.

Of course, anything's possible, but I really doubt he's calling it quits. Especially since, from the sound of things, S10 will be Daniel-centric. Or, at least, where Vala goes, Daniel follows. :rolleyes: ;)

prion
October 28th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Personal opinion? The "major TV role" isn't a role on a series... or not as a permanent character on a series.

Either it's poor word choice on the part of whoever wrote it, or it's engendered to create hysteria in fandom. That's certainly the way it's being used, anyway.

MS bailed on S6 and came back. I don't think he'd bail out again until the end.

Of course, anything's possible, but I really doubt he's calling it quits. Especially since, from the sound of things, S10 will be Daniel-centric. Or, at least, where Vala goes, Daniel follows. :rolleyes: ;)

Um, 'bailing' means you leaving a sinking ship.... His contract came up for renewal; he chose to go a different direction. We're not going to rehash that crap again, are we? Would hope folk could move on from that Daniel-Jonas stuff.

Meanwhile, yes, peculiar wording (as one person's 'major' is another person's 'minor') but I simply asked Joe in his Ask thread; after all, everybody *thought* that renewal meant everybody was coming back in season 6, right? ;)

Sprinkles
October 28th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I don't think it means anything other than that he might be working during the hiatus. Though of course everyone has the right to change their minds, I'v previously read in an interview with MS that he said he would not leave as long as the character of Daniel Jackson still existed :)
I sure someone will ask him at the SG10 con next week

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Not everything I say is intended to be inflammatory. Shocking revelation, I know. :rolleyes:

Shanks left Stargate. He moved on. Then he came back. *shrug* I don't see him leaving again until the show is over.

Maybe he'll do a guest apparance on Boston Legal, alongside James Spader. Double your Daniel fun. :P

Dani347
October 28th, 2005, 05:52 PM
At this point, the only actual news we have is he had to miss an appearance because of a meeting for a possible tv role. Major is a subjective word. There's nothing that says this role, will or won't make him leave in season 10. I'll wait until there are more details before speculating. All I can say now is, I'd like him to stay for season 10, but if he does have another project I wish him well, and hope it's something that I'd enjoy.

DigiFluid
October 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.

the fifth man
October 28th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Not everything I say is intended to be inflammatory. Shocking revelation, I know. :rolleyes:

Shanks left Stargate. He moved on. Then he came back. *shrug* I don't see him leaving again until the show is over.

Maybe he'll do a guest apparance on Boston Legal, alongside James Spader. Double your Daniel fun. :P

I agree with you on the point that Michael Shanks probably won't leave Sg-1 again. I mean come on, he's going to be getting serious screen time (not that he hasn't already). This season and next I'm sure will focus on Daniel quite a bit. I just don't see him leaving.

ShadowMaat, as for Shanks doing Boston Legal, that would be so funny. Anyone familiar with the Stargate universe would definitely be rolling with laughter on that one.:)

SG-1ssm
October 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Not at all.

Miz_Gatez
October 28th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Ok, I won't go into my usual rant (;)) here like I would in the Anti-S9 thread, but I saw that title, and once my heart rate dropped back down to normal (:rolleyes:..) I started to wonder how I can let TPTB surprise me any more than they already have. It's amazing (horribly so) what they've done with this season so far....but I have to say, I'm gonna start crying if Daniel leaves (or if he's the father of Vala's kid...) because then there is 110% no hope for Stargate SG-1 anymore....

Just my two cents :)

The Signal
October 29th, 2005, 02:23 AM
I agree, if MS goes, the show is over, I dont think it can stand to loose another star after loosing RDA after season 8. But I remember reading that Michael Shanks has said that he will stay with Stargate as long as he can, and I cant see him changing his mind, I can really see him moving to Atlantis if SG-1 doesnt make season 11. I am 100% sure that he will come back for season 10

yabyumpan
October 29th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I doubt that Sony would have agreed to a S10 without assurences that all the major cast members would be around. This is probably for a hiatus film or a guest role in a big/mainstream show. While SG1 could survive without MS/Daniel for one season and the show can carry on without RDA/Jack, I very much doubt it could survive if neither of them were on the show.

archeopuppy
October 29th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure Michael will return for season 10, what with the new story arc and characters opening up so much interesting new ground for him. But, if it comes down to a choice for him between staying and taking on a new show, then I hope SciFi will make him an offer he cannot refuse because without him the show will not achieve the ratings it has been getting this year and consequently the money it generates will drop.

I would hate for our show to peter out pathetically without the people who made it what it is. (RDA we miss you too!)

alfirin_kirinki
October 29th, 2005, 04:21 AM
You know what I think? I think they're making it seem like A Really Big Deal so it sounds like he has an exceptionally good reason to not be there.

I'm sure his reason is good enough, whatever is, but from the point of view of the Wolf Staff, they're going to have a lot of disappointed fans at the Expo tomorrow, who will want to know where the hell he is and why he didn't come.

Erised
October 29th, 2005, 05:15 AM
No way! Daniel won't leave. He's like the major character when it comes defeating the Ori.. I'm sure that HE has to find something in the ancient *book?*
But I swear, if Daniel leaves, then the only reason I'm going to be watching S10 is to catch and episode where Sam and Jack's relationship is revealed. :(

AGateFan
October 29th, 2005, 05:42 AM
My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.
Wouldnt that meeting be in Vancouver? Besides at this point Daniel would just mess up the new chemistry that is forming on that show.

DigiFluid
October 29th, 2005, 06:01 AM
While I don't care much for Atlantis, I think Michael Shanks has enough sway and is intelligent enough that he wouldn't trade shows if his character were going to screw things up.

As a matter of fact, I find the "Daniel" archetype conspicuously absent from Atlantis, which is strange considering the significance of finding that city. Atlantis has the requisite military tough guy (Shepphard), tough woman (Teyla), diplomatic/administrative woman (Weir), muscleman (Dex), Doctor (Beckett), and science/tech nerd (MacKay). It's strange to me that after the post-Full Circle buildup to the Lost City of the Ancients that there's no archaeologist/Ancient expert in the main cast.

Erised
October 29th, 2005, 06:08 AM
While I don't care much for Atlantis, I think Michael Shanks has enough sway and is intelligent enough that he wouldn't trade shows if his character were going to screw things up.

As a matter of fact, I find the "Daniel" archetype conspicuously absent from Atlantis, which is strange considering the significance of finding that city. Atlantis has the requisite military tough guy (Shepphard), tough woman (Teyla), diplomatic/administrative woman (Weir), muscleman (Dex), Doctor (Beckett), and science/tech nerd (MacKay). It's strange to me that after the post-Full Circle buildup to the Lost City of the Ancients that there's no archaeologist/Ancient expert in the main cast.

he missed the ship, remember? :D

Serebii
October 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Its also possible to film an entire tv season in the time between now and when Season 10 is to begin filming. A lot of shows nowadays are heading towards the 13 episode season...that can easily be filmed in 4 months

DigiFluid
October 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Its also possible to film an entire tv season in the time between now and when Season 10 is to begin filming. A lot of shows nowadays are heading towards the 13 episode season...that can easily be filmed in 4 months

This is also a good point, though it seems to me that aside from HBO it's really only the BBC that makes seasons that short. Not even the second season of Battlestar is going to be that short.

Dana_Jeanne
October 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM
I'm hoping it's a role as a semi-regular, or perhaps a guest-starring arc in a TV show-- thjat would be wonderful, and he could still do S10. I'd love to watch him do something other than Daniel, especially if it's something he can really sink his teeth into.

Although if he's not coming back for S10, it will certainly free up my Friday nights again. No Daniel, no Stargate for me.

Dana Jeanne

Gate_traveler
October 29th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Well in my oppinion we will know pretty soon if hes going to be in season 10 fairly soon. they will have to announce it, or youll notice in promos for season 10 that hes absent. i also agree that i dont thing sg1 currently can stand the loss of another major charater, though i think its bound to happen sooner or later because AT just had a baby, and shes probably going to go down the same road as RDA went as fas as spending time with her family. its that simple reason that i dont think sg1 will be on for much longer then possibly season 11 at best. i do think that MS will probably go to atlantis, he was supposed to go to begin with, and hes the formost expert on the ancients, so even after sg1 is over, i beleive that atlantis will continue and hopefully be as strong as sg1 has been all these years. but at the end of the day im in the camp that anyone who was smart would end a show gracefully on good terms then to run it into the ground. i dont think this has happened yet with sg1, but i do beleive that if every season they replace a main charater then it ceases to be sg1 and starts to be a new show. Right now it could still maintain its integrity but if main charaters start to go it will be sad to watch the show and should be ended and a new show started. but i think it will be interesting to see what happenes with MS.

TrustNo1
October 29th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I just checked MS's site and it doesn't look good :(

Dani347
October 29th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Which site is that?

jckfan55
October 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I doubt that Sony would have agreed to a S10 without assurences that all the major cast members would be around. This is probably for a hiatus film or a guest role in a big/mainstream show. While SG1 could survive without MS/Daniel for one season and the show can carry on without RDA/Jack, I very much doubt it could survive if neither of them were on the show.
One would hope Sony was that smart, anyway.:rolleyes:

LastMag
October 29th, 2005, 09:20 AM
This is also a good point, though it seems to me that aside from HBO it's really only the BBC that makes seasons that short. Not even the second season of Battlestar is going to be that short.

USA Network, the sister channel to Scifi has several top rated series that run for only 12 to 13 episodes long. It wasn't until this current season that The Dead Zone was lenghtened to longer season.

LastMag
October 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM

What site are you talking about? What doesn't look good?

Michael Shanks doesn't have any offical site as far as I know so if you saw information on a fan site I wouldn't get worried until he says something offical.

Erin
October 29th, 2005, 10:00 AM
He's just working on something during the off stargate season. He has to be. He wouldn't quit Stargate now!

DigiFluid
October 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM
USA Network, the sister channel to Scifi has several top rated series that run for only 12 to 13 episodes long. It wasn't until this current season that The Dead Zone was lenghtened to longer season.

Ah, being in Canada I don't get the USA Network :)

Dave C
October 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM
who knows, but i would be surprised is MS wasn't tied up, the producers are not stupid they will know that losing him will be the end of the show

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2005, 11:12 AM
I think I'll wait until an official source weighs in, rather than relying on rumor mongers, paranoid inferences and general mass hysteria. :P

I still highly doubt that Shanks would opt out of Stargate's gravy train, but more power to him if he does. :D Odds are still highly in favor of him doing S10, though, and it'd be nice if, for once, folks didn't do a lemming until some real, concrete information is known.

prion
October 29th, 2005, 11:50 AM

Production on season 10 probably won't start til mid-January, and yes, you can squeeze a movie in during that time period. The acting doesn't take as long as all the post-production, after all :)

starellen1
October 29th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I'm going to agree with the majority, I think it just means that he has a meeting for a guest role or a short term role while on hiatus between season 9 and season 10.

the fifth man
October 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Shanks will be back. I have faith in that.

Madeleine
October 29th, 2005, 10:48 PM

Michael is now unable to attend the Expo this coming Sunday due to an important meeting he has to take in LA to do with a potential major TV role.

That's nice for him, and I hope that it works out.

But there's always spin involved. This was written by the Expo people with a (perfectly reasonable) motive of trying to make their ticketholders not feel slighted. For "important" read "more important for his career than a signing in a foreign country" and for "major" read "speaking". The "major" role might be a cameo, a villain-of-the-week, a documentary voice-over which could be recorded in mere hours... any number of things which wouldn't necessarily have any repercussions towards his role as Daniel Jackson.

crazedturkey
October 30th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Doesn't Stargate have an odd shooting schedule anyways, in that they shoot over summer?

That would leave time to film a guest role on another show, easily.

shelltinkle
October 31st, 2005, 10:25 AM

He will still be attending SG10 and will be doing the store signings the week following SG10.

Sorry

Admin

Carin

Personally I think he will be back on SG1, but I am also very excited he has the opportunity at something else as well! Maybe a guest staring part, a recurring character or even a movie.

Michael is so talented, he will do well anywhere.

I will love it if he stays on SG1, but I will follow his career where ever he goes.

The man is a true talent and a true gentleman.

True!Ancient
October 31st, 2005, 10:35 AM

Sorry

Admin

Carin

lol how can there be a bigger roll than been a character on sg-1? its the best tv show every by far

Noneareleft
October 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Here's a thought,

Perhaps the major TV role is him signing up for SG?

gilthoniel
October 31st, 2005, 11:02 AM

Well if SG1 was at any risk of not being renewed that's exactly what would happen, I'm sure. Brad Wright told MS last year before season 9 was confirmed - that he would have a job either way because if SG1 was cancelled they were going to "put Daniel on a ship and send him to Atlantis". As things stand now though, with it looking like Vala will be a regular character and Carter a recurring one next season I think they probably very much want to keep Daniel on SG1.

I wish Michael the best of luck, whatever the job he is going for because I really love to see him putting his talents to other roles as well as our beloved Daniel. I think it's probably the wrong time of year for this to be a new series or a full time job on an existing one but it could be a recurring guest role or a mini series or movie that he could do during hiatus and if it is more, well... I don't think he'd leave unless it was something reallybig and I certainly wouldn't complain about that!

Elbereth

1DanielForMe
November 1st, 2005, 03:41 AM
My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.Daniel so needs to get to get to go to Atlantis! I don't know if they'd ever have him be on there permanently, but if he was, it'd become my new favourite show. :P

LtColCarter
November 1st, 2005, 03:48 AM
Lordy!

Here was go again with people reading into things. I've heard nothing about Daniel not coming back, and I've heard nothing about Carter being just a reoccurring character. Yes...AT's contract still isn't signed...but in show biz that means nothing. Until we get official word about any characters from TPTB...everything is just rumor.

Dani347
November 1st, 2005, 06:56 AM
It's the phrasing. People see "major" their thoughts don't go to one time guest starring roles or even tv movies. Thoughts usually run to tv shows and long term roles in them.

And, I'm guessing any hints one way or another will cause speculation until it's confirmed exactly whether he's signing or not.

misravot
November 1st, 2005, 07:33 AM
What about the site doesn't look good to you ? The lay-out, the photos,
the color of the font ?
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9024/djs90480ll.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=djs90480ll.jpg)
Do you think he needs some TLC ? There are so many volunteers..

Dani347
November 1st, 2005, 07:53 AM
Yes, please lets not have vague comments. What site? URL would be helpful. What doesn't look good? Specifics, please. With the actual site so people can see it for themselves.

Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
November 1st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Well in my oppinion we will know pretty soon if hes going to be in season 10 fairly soon. they will have to announce it, or youll notice in promos for season 10 that hes absent. i also agree that i dont thing sg1 currently can stand the loss of another major charater, though i think its bound to happen sooner or later because AT just had a baby, and shes probably going to go down the same road as RDA went as fas as spending time with her family. its that simple reason that i dont think sg1 will be on for much longer then possibly season 11 at best. i do think that MS will probably go to atlantis, he was supposed to go to begin with, and hes the formost expert on the ancients, so even after sg1 is over, i beleive that atlantis will continue and hopefully be as strong as sg1 has been all these years. but at the end of the day im in the camp that anyone who was smart would end a show gracefully on good terms then to run it into the ground. i dont think this has happened yet with sg1, but i do beleive that if every season they replace a main charater then it ceases to be sg1 and starts to be a new show. Right now it could still maintain its integrity but if main charaters start to go it will be sad to watch the show and should be ended and a new show started. but i think it will be interesting to see what happenes with MS.

Well, I think the whole Stargate franchise is heading to Atlantis and then hopefully to Horizon, lol.

ShardsofGlass
November 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM
They're not going to make promos for S10 until like May of 2006! LOL We still have half a season of Season 9 to get through. However, they probably do want to nail down the cast so the writers can start writing and all that. Of course, it sounds like the writers don't have contracts yet, either, so that needs to happen too!

Dani347
November 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Okay, http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml there's a message that says MS is not confirmed to return for season 10, and is a free agent right now. it also said the cancellation of his appearance was general meetings, and not for a specific major tv role.

prion
November 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM
Okay, http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml there's a message that says MS is not confirmed to return for season 10, and is a free agent right now. it also said the cancellation of his appearance was general meetings, and not for a specific major tv role.

began a thread on that a little while ago at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19712

to discuss that bit of news as this thread seemed to be discussing a 'major' role and not the free agent stuff.

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM
Has ANYONE actually been confirmed as signing on? Amanda hasn't signed, Joe M says he hasn't even been asked yet... just because someone hasn't literally signed (or we haven't heard about it) doesn't mean they aren't going to.

PG15
November 1st, 2005, 06:01 PM
Brad Wright and Rob Cooper have sighed on.:p

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Brad Wright and Rob Cooper have signed on.:p
Coop would sign on if the entire cast deserted him and set the studio ablaze when they left. He'd just get out his camcorder and find some old socks and do puppet theatre. ;)

skritsys
November 3rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
SG Puppet Theater? Would that be like The Muppets Stargate Adventure?

starathena74
November 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM
im still hopeing and praying thathe dose sign up to do season 10

starathena74
November 3rd, 2005, 12:45 PM

Sorry

Admin

Carin
btw welcome to the forum

startrekempress
November 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
Has ANYONE actually been confirmed as signing on? Amanda hasn't signed, Joe M says he hasn't even been asked yet... just because someone hasn't literally signed (or we haven't heard about it) doesn't mean they aren't going to.

Heck, the season was just announced a few days ago, people. Give it time. They probably aren't even in talks yet.

Wouldn't Stargate puppet theater be cute? :D

~Sarah

shockwave
November 3rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
the major tv role is a guest appearance on CSI Miami that will start shooting tomorrow, no danger for s10 :)

Amanda Eros
November 3rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
My question is, if Daniel doesn't come back for season ten. What are they going to do with Vala? Her character has basically based off of her relationship with Daniel...

Celtic Wizard
November 3rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person. I personally don't blame Michael Shanks if he says no to season 10, as his character, Daniel has been ignored again. Daniel should have gone to atlantis, but no the only person from SG1 who is making a cross over is Amanda, OK its a dream / Hallucination, but it should be Daniel going to help unlock the secrets of atlantis. His character in SG1 has stalled, and with this series all being about the Ori, it is too much like controlling snake heads again, just a different name. Perhaps if the writer came up with something more, like perhaps exploring other world, unlocking more history / new finds then there would be more for the character of Daniel Jackson, but there isn't it seems to be more about Ben Bowder, who is plastic anyway (in my Opinion).

Stick to your guns Michael, demand more for Daniel then consider if season 10 is right!

JMHO

Kas
November 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM

Exactly, ShadowMaat. From what I remember about Season 9, Ben Browder was officially announced on December 15th and Michael Shanks a week later. Not sure when Amanda and CJ were actually confirmed...

So, it looks as if it could be a while yet before contract negotiations have ended, signing taken place and official announcement made.

Absolutely no need to worry... everyone's a free agent at the moment.

littleheaven
November 4th, 2005, 03:43 AM
The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person.

I don't wish to be argumentative, but Michael's participation in CSI Miami is a guest appearance.

In fact, Michael uses the terminology himself in his announcement - "I will be guest starring on the US hit series CSI Miami and was only booked yesterday and am required on set Friday." (Quote obtained from Michael Shanks Online).

From all reports, Michael is appearing in one episode only. For each new episode, CSI always has a new set of victims/suspects and other folk related to the "case of the week" (eg: Tony Amendola appearing in an ep of CSI as the owner of an apartment where someone was murdered) and I expect Michael will be filling one of those roles. He's not a member of the regular cast, therefore he must be classified as a guest star.

You seem to be interpreting people's use of the term "guest appearance" as them inferring the part isn't a "substantial character". The two phrases aren't mutually exclusive. There have been plenty of pivotal roles involving guest characters on TV. Andy Hallett (Lorne) appeared in almost every episode of Angel Season 3, yet was still billed as a guest star. Doesn't mean his character wasn't important. He just wasn't signed on as permanent cast at that time. Michael's own appearances in Stargate Season 6 were credited as guest appearances, and they were extraordinarily important to the plots of those episodes. So don't feel that people are putting him down when they refer to his part in CSI Miami as a "guest appearance". It's just factually correct, and not a slight on him or his role :)

As for Michael returning to Stargate... his involvement with CSI Miami will be wrapped-up long before he is required back on the Stargate set. He starts filming CSI today and the show airs in December. I believe Stargate starts filming in March. So if he declines to sign on for Season 10, I can't see that it would be related to this in any way.

I, for one, desperately hope he will be back for Season 10. I love watching Daniel, however he is utilised. But ultimately, Michael will make whatever decision is best for him and his family, and if that doesn't involve Stargate then I'll wish him well. For now, I'm delighted for him and can't wait to see him in CSI next month.

prion
November 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM
The CSI Miami is not a guest appearance but a substantial character / person. I personally don't blame Michael Shanks if he says no to season 10, as his character, Daniel has been ignored again. Daniel should have gone to atlantis, but no the only person from SG1 who is making a cross over is Amanda, OK its a dream / Hallucination, but it should be Daniel going to help unlock the secrets of atlantis. His character in SG1 has stalled, and with this series all being about the Ori, it is too much like controlling snake heads again, just a different name. Perhaps if the writer came up with something more, like perhaps exploring other world, unlocking more history / new finds then there would be more for the character of Daniel Jackson, but there isn't it seems to be more about Ben Bowder, who is plastic anyway (in my Opinion).

It's a one-shot guest appearance. A substantial guest appearance? If you get to actually talk in more than one scene, then yes. ;)

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:30 AM
all i have to say is i want ms to stay with stargate :D

Madeleine
November 4th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Me too. He got plenty of stuff to do in s9, seems to be getting a good deal in s10, and he's a large part of what I enjoy about the show.

On the other hand, while s10 is going to happen and s11 isn't out of the question I think it's fair to say that there won't be a s27 (cue several posts saying either "I sure hope not!" or "I dunno, if RCC has his way...":p) for MS to earn his crust from. He needs more strings to his bow and a guest role on a show that seems to be quite big - I'd heard of it anyway ;) - is great for him.