This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons on Prometheus

Here I was, watching Full Alert for the first time. I get towards the end, and see Prometheus blast an Al'kesh out of the sky. I ponder, thinking something was out of the ordinary. So I went back and watched it again. Lo and behold. Prometheus has directed energy weapons.

These weapons do not look like railguns on Atlantis, nor anything else I've ever seen. It almost resembles a Goa'uld plasma cannon, like they have mounted on the Ha'tak and Al'kesh, but we never hear any mention of that. I think if we had reverse engineered Goa'uld weaponry, someone would have said something about it.

What do you guys think?

yeah i just watched it again and sure enough the prommie seems to be using energy weapons.

Comment

The Prometheus does not have energy weapons, only missiles and railguns.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        The Prometheus does not have energy weapons, only missiles and railguns.
        thank you thats what we were pointing out it doesn't have energy weapons but when it attacks the alkesh it sure looks like an energy blast.

Comment

Thank you for a completely unconstructive post, Major Tyler.

Meanwhile, those of you with open minds, please direct your attention towards Full Alert, right after the Prometheus' Commander orders to "Take it out.", referring to the Al'kesh.

Comment

Ok, before any goes shouting me down, I just want to state that this is what I have read and that I don't have season eight taped so I can't go back and see "Full Alert" and I don't know all episodes in which the Prometheus are seen and mentioned. According to whoever did the entry at wikipedia, they have the following:
            The BC-303 uses conventional missiles as weapons. It also uses Vulcan/Phalanx CIWS as point defense weapons. Additional advanced weaponry such as point-defense railguns and one main railgun have also been installed on Prometheus. The Prometheus was also given some sort of Asgard weaponry. Thor mentioned the upgrades to the Prometheus and later the ships CO directly mentioned the Asgard weapons array.
            So according to this person, there is Asgard weaponry on the Prometheus. All this can be seen at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC-303
            Remember, this is just what I have read. Judge for yourself.
            "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

i remember thor saying that they gave an asgard energy weapon for the prommie but i think the question comes up in the siege III where we don't have any energy weapon in the deady and the captain says that the asgards don't wanna give weapons to us. so its a plot hole.

Comment

thats not right!... the Asgard dos not give out weapons to outher races, that olny give Defense like Shields... thay nerver did give us any thing. will on SGA olny 1 time... thats all...

Comment

found the quote at http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.c...%22_Transcript

THOR
                  And to install Asgard designed shields and weapons on Prometheus. A small token of thanks for SG-1's recent efforts in securing our galaxy, and yours, from certain destruction.

so the prometheus did have asgard weapons maybe we haven't reversed engineered them yet and the asgards don't wanna give us anymore weapons.

Comment

We will see what the Prommie is really armed with in the second half of the season, their is a big battle coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient-Jaron
                      Here I was, watching Full Alert for the first time. I get towards the end, and see Prometheus blast an Al'kesh out of the sky. I ponder, thinking something was out of the ordinary. So I went back and watched it again. Lo and behold. Prometheus has directed energy weapons.

These weapons do not look like railguns on Atlantis, nor anything else I've ever seen. It almost resembles a Goa'uld plasma cannon, like they have mounted on the Ha'tak and Al'kesh, but we never hear any mention of that. I think if we had reverse engineered Goa'uld weaponry, someone would have said something about it.

What do you guys think?
                      What we saw there may have been railguns. On Atlantis, in the atmosphere, when a projectile that is very hot is fired that fast (im assuming it is far, far faster than any gun or cannon) the air around it ionizes, and look blue. The same thing happens to space shuttles during re-entry. In space, with no atmosphere, the railguns might look different, and indeed, may have been what was used on the Alkesh.
                      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
                        We will see what the Prommie is really armed with in the second half of the season, their is a big battle coming...
                        SG1 or SGA? and name the show...

Comment

look at it again , you can clearly see that its a missle, btw we already had a discussion on this topic with a picture of the missle .....

and about thor " he said Asgard designed shields and weapons" , nothing about energy weapons .....

Comment

Originally posted by Neutschi
                            look at it again , you can clearly see that its a missle, btw we already had a discussion on this topic with a picture of the missle .....

and about thor " he said Asgard designed shields and weapons" , nothing about energy weapons .....
                            what other weapons would they install for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutschi
                              Indeed, I was thinking about that very thing... railgun technology whilst within earths technological grasp is still quite in its infancy.

I think the asgard helped us along with the tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X