This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best SciFi Shows in History

I ran several searches just to be sure, and I was surprised to find that this has not been done before, or it's been so long that its been pushed out of the search range. Instead of picking one best show (cause I know that would be hard) I figured everyone could just list their top couple, in order or out of order if its too hard to decide.

1) Stargate SG-1
    2) Battlestar Galactica
    3) Babylon 5
    4) ST: Voyager
    5) Stargate Atlantis
    6) Farscape
    7) ST: DS9
    8) Sliders
    9) ST: TOS
    10) ST: TNG

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
    1) Stargate SG-1
    2) Battlestar Galactica
    3) Babylon 5
    4) ST: Voyager
    5) Stargate Atlantis
    6) Farscape
    8) Sliders
    9) ST: TOS
    10) ST: TNG
    I hate to break it to you, but Farscape ranks past every show in the top 5. JMHO
    Sliders has no place in the top 10, that's probably everyone's humble opinion. j/k

Comment

Voyager better than Atlantis!!!
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Voyager better than Atlantis!!!
        Lol yes, IMO. Atlantis just isn't holding my attention as much as SG or the other shows I listed above it. In fact, Atlantis may continue to drop further.Reruns of TNG are more interesting to me than Atlantis nowadays. I guess its the lack-of-uniqueness in the stories in Atlantis. Atlantis is so much like SG, it feels like I'm watching bad episodes of SG-1 with different characters. Plus the whole Wraith-this Wraith-that is starting to wear me down. SG-1 went plenty of episodes without mentioning the Goa'uld, even in the first and second seasons. Yet Atlantis doesn't seem to go one episode without mentioning the Wraith. I'm just not feelin it

Comment

1. Farscape
          2. Babylon 5
          3. TNG
          4. SG-1
          5. BSG (the remake)
          6. Atlantis
          7. TOS
          8. DS9
          9. BSG (the old one)

Can´t think of a 10th series that deserves being put into "best scifi" at the moment. If we were including animated I´d of course put Futurama into second place

Comment

In no order

1.) The X Files
            2.) Smallville... if that qualifies
            3.) Star Trek: TNG
            4.) Star Gate SG:1
            5.) The Outer Limits
            6.) Farscape
            7.) Stargate Atlantis
            8.) Star Trek Voyager
            9.) The 4400
            10.) The Dead Zone

Honorable Mentions

Buffy the Vampire Slayer... would make the list except I'm not sure really qualify as scifi . Same goes for Angel and Medium.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

In no particular order:

1. Stargate SG-1
              2. Stargate Atlantis
              3. Battlestar Galactica (remake)
              4. Sliders
              5. Farscape
              6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
              7. Angel
              8. Smallville
              9. Star Trek (All 5)
              10. The X-Files

Comment

1) Stargate SG1
                2) Battlestar Galactica (R)
                3) Firefly
                4) Stargate: Atlantis
                5) Farscape
                6) ST: TNG
                8) ST: VOY
                9) Futurama (c'mon, it counts!)
                10) Sliders (used to love it when I was younger)

...on a related note, does anyone here remember 'SeaQuest DSV'?
                Last edited by Mefusta; 27 October 2005, 04:01 AM.
                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                - Serenity

Comment

Dr Who (old and current)
                  Blake's 7
                  B5
                  Farscape
                  Outer Limits (original)
                  BSG(current)
                  Robotech (original macross saga - not so much anything that came after)
                  Sliders (until what's his name left and then it just went to pieces)
                  ST:TOS
                  SGA
                  SG1

ok...so that's 11
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Ignoring fantasy based shows such as Buffy and Angel, my list is:

1) Farscape First place is basically a toss up between my two favorites.
                    2) Babylon 5
                    3) Star Trek: TNG
                    4) Lost One could argue that this isn't actually a SF show, but I'm betting it is.
                    5) Stargate SG-1
                    6) Battlestar Galactica (remake) And gaining ground, ask again next year and it may well have edged out SG-1 in my books
                    7) Star Trek: TOS Still good
                    8) Firefly Only the brevity of its existance keeps it from being higher on the list
                    9) X-Files The first few years were really good.
                    10) Star Trek: DS9

I just realized that SGA doesn't even make my top 10 list. This is not because I dislike it, merely that other shows are better. SGA is banging on the door, but I've yet to see that show do something to truely wow me! Every show on my top 10 list has at least one episode that completely blew my socks of (at the time). SGA has yet to do so.

Comment

1) ST: DS9
                      2) New Battlestar Galactica
                      3) Firefly
                      4) Stargate SG-1
                      5) Stargate Atlantis
                      6) ST: TNG
                      7) ST: VOY
                      8) ST: TOS
                      9) ST: ENT
                      10) Sliders

Just for the record, I've never seen Babylon 5 or Farscape...Ans I too remember 'Seaquest DSV' from my childhood...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                        I ran several searches just to be sure, and I was surprised to find that this has not been done before, or it's been so long that its been pushed out of the search range.

You did'nt do your search in the right place Walter, this thread has been done many times over the years, I found at least 10 similar threads. That being said, I LOVE these kinds of threads so a new one is just fine with me

1) Deep Space 9...simply the best
                        2) Stargate...a very close second
                        3) The Next Generation...great show!
                        4) Farscape
                        5) Babylon 5
                        6) Voyager
                        7) Stargate Atlantis...this one is moving up my list fast!
                        8) Andromeda...one of the few that truly enjoyed this show.
                        9) Firefly...fell in love with this show after buying DVD set.
                        10) Battle Star Galactica...this show is moving up my list also.

Honorable mentions....Buffy the Vampire Slayer....the 4400....Surface (love this show)....X-Files....Twilight Zone....Lost in Space....Night Gallery (creepiest show ever!).
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

1. Stargate SG-1
                          2. ST : DS9
                          3. Dr Who
                          4. Stargate Atlantis
                          5. Farscape
                          6. ST : TNG
                          7. Andromeda
                          8. ST :VOY
                          9. X-Files
                          10. Babylon 5

Comment

In no particular order (B5 is #1, then it changes based on mood/time since I watched the complete show at once)
                            1. Babylon 5
                            2. Firefly
                            4. Space: Above and Beyond
                            3. Stargate SG-1
                            4. Stargate Atlantis
                            5. Battlestar Galactica (New one)
                            6. FarScape
                            7. ST: DS9
                            8. Andromeda(HATE, HATE, HATE Dylan, LOVE Trance, Harper, Rommie. Rhade and Beka are interesting and Tyr... was toleratable)
                            9. The 4400
                            10. Mutant X / Dark Angel and other such shows that were watchable and sometimes had really good episodes.

Not counting Buffy, Angel or Futurama as this kind of sci-fi All 3 being some of my favorite shows of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              You did'nt do your search in the right place Walter, this thread has been done many times over the years, I found at least 10 similar threads. That being said, I LOVE these kinds of threads so a new one is just fine with me
                              Lol what search parameters did you use? I searched for all threads containing the "best" or "favorite" in the titles and didn't find one

Comment

Working...
                              X