This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goauld gene therapy

if they can implant the ancient gene they could probably implant the goauld protien marker so all sg teams can take a hand device and have their own personal shield coz them hand devices are so cool

Originally posted by the true apothis
    if they can implant the ancient gene they could probably implant the goauld protien marker so all sg teams can take a hand device and have their own personal shield coz them hand devices are so cool
    i don't think it is the protien marker that allows them to use hand devices i believe it is a small amount of naq in their system. but i have been wrong before.

Comment

Even if it is naquada that makes Goulds and former hosts able to use Gould tech, you'd think they could inject that into people as well. Perhaps they are afraid that too much would be poisonous, so haven't tried.
      Yikishante
      -"It's been swell, but I've got to return to the mothership."

Comment

well we know that we have created an interface to use some of the hand device features such as the teleportation to osirus's ship. but i think the larger problem is actually being able to control the device.

Comment

Or perhaps the naquada is in a special form (naquada dioxide or something), not just raw naquada, and they haven't been able to synthesize it yet.

Comment

i belive its the protien marker

Comment

It is a protein marker that a dead absorbed Goa'uld leaves behind in its host. But as it's Naquadah in the bloodstream that allows control of Goa'uld devices then a trace of Naquadah must be left behind too for Sam to use Goa'uld tech.

An introduced protein marker as in "Legacy" only replicates a Goa'uld infection/possession and does not confer the Naquadah and ability to use Goa'uld tech.

The length of "possession" must be important too as O'Neill got infested with a Goa'uld in "Out of Mind/Into the Fire" but it wasn't long enough to develop the protein marker or ability to use Goa'uld devices.

Comment

Could it have anything to do with the fact that in Jack's case, the goa'uld left willingly and did not die? I think he was blended at least as long as Sam was if not longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                  Could it have anything to do with the fact that in Jack's case, the goa'uld left willingly and did not die? I think he was blended at least as long as Sam was if not longer.
                  You're probably right there as you're talking about Canaan/Kanan the Tok'ra symbiote. I was referring to the Goa'uld Jack was infested with by Hathor's Jaffa that was killed by Dr Raully putting him in cryostasis.

The important thing is the symbiote dying whilst the host survives, and by the looks of things its only the Tok'ra that go in for that. I'm betting the Goa'uld take the host with them for the ride when they die!!!

Comment

I'm betting they do too. In the case of the cryostasis thing, maybe the freezing had something to do with it, preventing the symbiote from releasing naquada or the protein marker.

Comment

Working...
                    X