X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that Technician

Hey! :-)

Just a few short questions about one of the technicians/scientists on Atlantis:

In quite a few episodes now apperead a dark-haired young man in the controll room who seems to be doing Peter Grodin's job, or at least a part of it.

I've done a little research now and it would be great if some of you could confirm my findings - or tell me the true answers.

First of, here's a picture of the tech in question:

1) Does the character have a name?
    2) Which country is he from in the show? Canada?
    3) Is the guys RL name Chuck Campbell or is there another tech in all the epsiodes as well and I'm mixing names and pics?

I think that's it for now. I'm just curious, 'cause I think it kinda strange that he seems to be somewhat of a reoccuring character and there are less info about him than Sgt. Markham, for example.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if someone's already asked this and I'm just too stupid to find the answers.
    Greetings,
    Mel
    Whatever. Whereever. Have a nice day.

Hes from Canada - thats all I know
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Mel
      1) Does the character have a name?
      2) Which country is he from in the show? Canada?
      3) Is the guys RL name Chuck Campbell or is there another tech in all the epsiodes as well and I'm mixing names and pics?
      1) He has answered to "sergeant" this season.
      2) He's worn a Canadian flag on his uniform.
      3) Correct.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        1) He has answered to "sergeant" this season.
        2) He's worn a Canadian flag on his uniform.
        3) Correct.
        I hadn't really noticed him. I hink I'm still
        Spoiler:
        mourning Peter.
        Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
        McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

Thx for your replies. Feeling better now. ;-) Eventhough I still can't understand why none on the show bothered to give him a name... even Kavanagh got one! :-P

Greetings,
          Mel

Comment

Maybe hes going to be the "Chevron Guy" of Atlantis!

Comment

I named him Damphousse in a fic I'm working on. He's just part of the scenery, not a character, but I like handing out names.

Of course, if he ever DOES get a name, it'll probably be Smith or something normal like that. And there'll probably be a hot debate about it until S8, when he finally starts to become more of a real presence on the show.

Comment

Hee! voicebank.net is a lot of fun. Found an audio snippet/commercial bytes from our favorite Console Guy. Click here.

And if you're bored, try searching through the database. You'll find a couple of familiar names.

Edit: fixing link
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 29 October 2005, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Hm, his voice sounds deeper/more mature than I would have thought. ;-)
                  Thanks for the link. Now I have a name, a picture and a soundfile. Does anyone think that's enough for starting a fanclub? *grins*

Greetings,
                  Mel

Comment

Hmmm.... ya know, on second thought, that might not be the right one. I think there are TWO Chuck Campbells. Either that or Chucky boy is REALLY good at changing voices. I fixed the link, and that one sounds a lot more like I remember/would expect from him.

Still a very cute voice, just not as "mature" sounding.

I'm all for a Console Guy fanclub though.

Comment

He's had a few lines...

He used to be known in fandom as "Console Guy", and now it's kind of been extended to "Canadian Sgt. Console Guy"...

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Hadn't noticed until now... hes really cute
                        Ses
                        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Yeps, cute but (if you take his movie 'Superstar' in consideration) already taken... at least his movie-persona. ;-) Here's a quote I found at imdb.com, Console Guy is called Owen Flanagan this time:

Howard Feinstein: [Owen kisses Howard] What, are you gay?
                          Owen Flanagan: Five times more gay than you think. Four more to go, peaches.
                          [Owen kisses Howard four more times]

Now, don't me wrong, 'cause I'm kinda turning into some sort of a McKay/Weir-Shipper... but I can't help but think that he soooo fits into Atlantis. ;-)

Greetings,
                          Mel - doing more research on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Mel
                            but I can't help but think that he soooo fits into Atlantis. ;-)
                            Heh. I just mentioned this in the secondary characters thread - I think Atlantis must be where they shipped all the gay military bods to.

Check out the, "You need to get out more" scene between McKay and Beckett at the party in Rising; right behind them, Stacks is making kissy faces at a rather enthusiastic Bates, and jerking his head as if to say, "Wanna go somewhere quieter?"

It's hilarious.

Everyone in Pegasus is a big homo! <3 I love it!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                            ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Working...
                            X