• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zathura Boys Clash Over Games

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32971

Zathura Boys Clash Over Games

The two young actors who play brothers in Zathura told SCI FI Wire that they drastically disagree about which games are more fun to play. Jonah Bobo, 7, who plays the younger son, Danny, said he loves video games and electronic games of any kind. Josh Hutcherson, 11, who plays the older brother, said he much prefers board games, as depicted in the movie.

"I would much prefer playing board games, moving pieces around," said Hutcherson, who was also in The Polar Express, another film based—like Zathura—on a book by Chris Van Allsburg. "I don't really relate to the video games. I'd rather play Candyland."

In Zathura, the boys discover a board game that sends their house into outer space. It is a follow-up to Jumanji, another film about a magical board game, which was also based on a Van Allsburg book.

In Zathura, "We really wanted to design a very cool game, like it was from the 1950s, a tin toy," director Jon Favreau said in a separate interview.

Unlike Hutcherson, Bobo said that he'll play any electronic game and wants to play more advanced ones as he gets older. He may get to Doom someday. "I think they're more exciting, that's all," Bobo said.

Zathura opens Nov. 11 and also stars Tim Robbins, Kristen Stewart and Dax Shepard.
    sigpic

Thanks Abydos!

Comment

Working...
    X