This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympus could be...?

Any pics of Olympus or any thing about it, because we are developing a Olympus series and I would like to prefect it. Oh, does any one think that Olympus was another Ancient city built as a gathering place for the Ancients all over the Universe?
    STARGATE ICARUS
    Premiering April 20, 2006
    Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
    Any pics of Olympus or any thing about it, because we are developing a Olympus series and I would like to prefect it. Oh, does any one think that Olympus was another Ancient city built as a gathering place for the Ancients all over the Universe?
    No Olympus was not another Ancient city. The Ancients have their roots in Roman mythology while Olympus is greek mythology. Humans have been naming their ships after greek mythology so logically it would be a name for a human city or ship.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

I mean the Ancients, I used to think had roots from both Roman and Greek myth. And because Atlantis and Olympus are Greek I think it would make perfect sense to name two Ancient cities Atlantis and Olympus.
      Last edited by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus); 21 October 2005, 04:20 PM.
      STARGATE ICARUS

Comment

I'm quite sure it was just Roman.

Comment

Wait, don't they speak medieval Latin?
          STARGATE ICARUS

Comment

Yes the Ancients spoke a form of latin, which the Romans also spoke.

Comment

Okay, that is reason to believe that the Ancients have a Roman roots, but I'll still have to go with the Greek roots as well.
              STARGATE ICARUS

Comment

What is this Olympus, that people are speaking of, where did it come from, not the mountain of gods, but the current.

Comment

So I guess, the Ancients we based around alot ancient civilizations.
                  STARGATE ICARUS

Comment

What do you mean? the Current Olympus?
                    STARGATE ICARUS

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
                      I'm quite sure it was just Roman.
                      I thought Atlantis was from Greek myth? Now they even include English myth when you see SG-1 Avalon.

Comment

I have some vague memory about Daniel also stating that the Ancients, the gatebuilders were the ones who taught the Romans to build roads or something. :s

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

It's all confusing of you look at names and places associated with the Ancients. Daniel did say somewhere that the Ancients taught the Romans, and their language is similar to Latin, which backs up the Ancient/Roman links.

However, Atlantis is a mainly Greek thing having been discussed and described by Plato the Greek philospher. Also Heliopolis (the meeting place of the alliance of the 4 great races found by Ernest Littlefield) is the Greek name for a city in Egypt. So, that fits with the Greek link. Assuming that the Ancients named the place and not the Nox or Furlings, I doubt it was the Asgard.

Interestingly, Heliopolis was the centre of Sun worship in Egypt, where Re/Ra was the Sun god, but that gives us links to the Goa'uld!!

And then there's Myrrdin (Merlin) and all the Arthurian shenanigans!!

Maybe the Ancients were more widespread than we thought and had their collective hands in the development of many civilisations.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
                            It's all confusing of you look at names and places associated with the Ancients. Daniel did say somewhere that the Ancients taught the Romans, and their language is similar to Latin, which backs up the Ancient/Roman links.

However, Atlantis is a mainly Greek thing having been discussed and described by Plato the Greek philospher. Also Heliopolis (the meeting place of the alliance of the 4 great races found by Ernest Littlefield) is the Greek name for a city in Egypt. So, that fits with the Greek link. Assuming that the Ancients named the place and not the Nox or Furlings, I doubt it was the Asgard.

Interestingly, Heliopolis was the centre of Sun worship in Egypt, where Re/Ra was the Sun god, but that gives us links to the Goa'uld!!

And then there's Myrrdin (Merlin) and all the Arthurian shenanigans!!

Maybe the Ancients were more widespread than we thought and had their collective hands in the development of many civilisations.
                            Buddhism anyone?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

The Roman Empire borrowed alot from Ancient Greece.

Comment

Working...
                              X