• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas Opens Singapore Toon Unit

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32954

Lucas Opens Singapore Toon Unit

More than a year since its formation was announced, Lucasfilm Animation Co. Singapore will open Oct. 27, Variety reported.

The U.S.-based vice president and general manager of Lucasfilm Animation, Gail Currey, will be in town for the opening ceremony at the facility in Changi Business Park, the trade paper reported.

Heading up the 50-strong operation is G.M. Chris Kubsch, a German native who was previously a production executive at DreamWorks Animation and produced major animated features, as well as visual-effects and character animation for many live-action pictures.

The Singapore studio is expected to handle much of the animation and special effects for the upcoming Star Wars toons and live-action TV series announced by George Lucas earlier this year.
    sigpic

there's no software job that a 3rd world country can't do for less.

kinda makes me want to get into hardware....almost.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

It's weird when I hear someone call Singapore a third world country... I suppose it is in a way... But you'd be surprised how much people get paid in Singapore...
      The cost of living there is very high in some areas...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        It's weird when I hear someone call Singapore a third world country... I suppose it is in a way... But you'd be surprised how much people get paid in Singapore...
        The cost of living there is very high in some areas...
        that's true.

lots of well paid people, but many more less than well paid. but that's true anywhere.

the west pumped a lot of money into Singapore back in the 70s and 80s when it was first discovered they could move manufacturing over there and still save money after shipping back to North America/Europe.

I'd love to visit, but I can't quite get my wife to embrace Asia as a vacation spot.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
          I'd love to visit, but I can't quite get my wife to embrace Asia as a vacation spot.
          Singapore, though hot and humid, is considerably cleaner than most of Asia.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

oh it's not the cleanliness or the weather...

it's a skin tone thing....she's a very shy lady and really doens't like going to a country where she feels she'll rather stand out.

i've tried to convince her that, it's not really like that....but....
            meh...
            will just have to find somebody else to go with.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ

Comment

Singapore is now going toony. Great...more jobs going overseas.
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
              X