This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inside a wormhole

they show that wierd thing when they travel through the stargate do they actually see it or not whats everyones point of view on this subject i would say they dont see it or they would talk about

they probably do not see it, they just show what the wormhole would like if you could. You would be moving so fast the receptors in your eye would perceive it only as a flash of light and then you are on the other side of the wormhole. Given the velocity which you are going at that would most likely be the human perception.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by the true apothis
      they show that wierd thing when they travel through the stargate do they actually see it or not whats everyones point of view on this subject i would say they dont see it or they would talk about
      The wormhole sequence you see is just something the producers threw together toi entertain you as you watch the team travel the wormhole. More than likely, the trip is instantaneous (or lasts just a few seconds). You really wouldn't see much, if anything. you step into the event horizon and then the next thing you see is what's on the other side of the gate.

Comment

The effect exists physically but a traveller through the gate wouldn't see or experience anything. From their perspective, they step into the gate and instantaneously come out the other side, as if walking from one room to another. The reason they don't see anything is because the event horizon of the gate converts the matter that makes up the traveller into energy, which is then sent through the gate to it's destination. Since the body is in the form of energy, they wouldn't have eyes to see the effect. Once, the energy pattern reaches it's destination it is reconverted into matter and then they emerge from the gate.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Makes you wonder what Teal'c, Stackhouse and Markham felt, though, doesn't it?

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
          ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
              Makes you wonder what Teal'c, Stackhouse and Markham felt, though, doesn't it?
              It seems as if they felt nothing. I remember Teal'c stepping through the gate after he was trapped...and it seemed like he'd just stepped through.
              sigpic

Comment

Or in the case when asked in the travels of SG-1 during their travels, it is just a tingle.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

They shouldn't feel or see anything, a true wormhole has zero perceived length.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                    They shouldn't feel or see anything, a true wormhole has zero perceived length.
                    That's true but Stargate wormhole physics are different from the theoretical models in reality. Actually on Stargate, the passing through the wormhole is supposed to be cold. I think I remember from the movie when they went through they would come out with frost on their bodies. I can't remember if they mentioned the cold feeling on SG-1 though, probably not since I've never seen any of them shivering or covered in frost in any season.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
                      Actually on Stargate, the passing through the wormhole is supposed to be cold. I think I remember from the movie when they went through they would come out with frost on their bodies. I can't remember if they mentioned the cold feeling on SG-1 though, probably not since I've never seen any of them shivering or covered in frost in any season.
                      I always got a feeling from the movie that this was attributed to travelling through 'space', as the CG Wormhole Transit does indeed show travel through a 'tunnel' of sorts through a space-like environment, hence the ice & cold when they emerge...

...Now, I have no idea why I remember this, but the coldness of travel through the Stargate was indeed mentioned in the Pilot (Part One I believe). I seem to remember vividly (which is surprising, as I only saw the Pilot once when it first aired in Australia over 7 years ago) the presense of ice & frost on the team after emerging in Abydos after travelling through the Gate for the first time. It's mentioned again later, in a scene where Captain Carter is first introduced (seems so long ago) and O'niell is attempting to suss her out; Maj. Kawalsky (Sp?) describes travelling through the Stargate as "going through a blizzard... Naked", and i'm pretty damn sure those are the exact words he used...

...That's really strange, I can remember the Pilot perfectly, but the very episode after that is just a blur...
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

There were a few eps early on when they had the frost thing.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Then they added 'stabilisers' or something which stopped that happening
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Then they added 'stabilisers' or something which stopped that happening
                            They installed the stabilizers to prevent the gate from shaking the gateroom to bits. If you recall from the original movie, as the 6th and 7th chevrons locked, the room resembled a 7.0 earthquake in progress. To prevent that, the stabilizers were installed. As for the frost thing, they never mention that in SG-1 at all. (Not that i can remember at least).

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                              They installed the stabilizers to prevent the gate from shaking the gateroom to bits. If you recall from the original movie, as the 6th and 7th chevrons locked, the room resembled a 7.0 earthquake in progress. To prevent that, the stabilizers were installed. As for the frost thing, they never mention that in SG-1 at all. (Not that i can remember at least).
                              Yeah it was definitely in early Season 1. Particularly to my memory in Broca Divide and COTG.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                              X