This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why did ancients put outpost in antartic

why would they put out post in antartic they could of put somewhere better like that merlin guy under england they could of put it in the us e.g. cheyenne mountain

maybe they just liked the cold, barren, remote area. or they enjoyed being close to the poles.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by the true apothis
      why would they put out post in antartic they could of put somewhere better like that merlin guy under england they could of put it in the us e.g. cheyenne mountain
      Err... man... tens of thousands of years ago Earth was not like it is now. If the Ancients were on Earth as long ago as was thought, argh, I just can't get my head round explaining this. The Earth was not the place it is now, all the places as they are now, they were not back then.

Originally posted by skritsys
      maybe they just liked the cold, barren, remote area. or they enjoyed being close to the poles.
      Pangea. Google.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Actually, Antarctica has been pretty close to it's present position for quite some time now. It hasn't moved as much in the last several million years as the other continents have. Even 65 million years ago, Antarctica as mostly within the antarctic circle.

See this website and animation

Comment

yes the earthhas been altering for millenia through tetonic movement and changed through nature via glaciers and volcanoes; the antartic continent was once a land bridge on the southern hemesphere between australaisia, the indian ocean and africa, and south america; it was also not covered in ice, it was flat and problebly lush is vegetation like much of the world was at that time.
          and as for britain, at that time was covered in the great north forest; a huge forest covering most of northan europe, asia and north america.
          at that time antartica was the place to live, hense builting the outpost lets not forget atlantis there.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
            most likely they probally hid it there so that it would be the last place any enemies would look.

Comment

They probably stayed down in the Antarctic to avoid interfering with the natural evolution of our species. When they used the Dakara machine they knew life would need to re-evolve, so they probably left the outpost down there so it would be out of the way.

Comment

that was pretty much a guess, not bad coming from a guy with no PHD's huh?

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                  Err... man... tens of thousands of years ago Earth was not like it is now. If the Ancients were on Earth as long ago as was thought, argh, I just can't get my head round explaining this. The Earth was not the place it is now, all the places as they are now, they were not back then.

Pangea. Google.
                  They were my original thoughts, but if you watch the start of "Rising" the first episode of Atlantis, a subtitle says "several million years ago" and it looks pretty Antarctic-like.

Comment

maybe they knew that the antartic will move and become a barren place that will probably remain untouched due to thick ice. They were smart, wouldnt you plan something like that.

Comment

that just the writers being inaccurate.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by second.prime
                        They were my original thoughts, but if you watch the start of "Rising" the first episode of Atlantis, a subtitle says "several million years ago" and it looks pretty Antarctic-like.

Maybe that was the time of a great ice age or a meteor hit the earth and made it cold.

Comment

When the landmasses were connected that was around the Jurassic period if I remember correctly.

Pay it forward

Comment

Lol imagine them digging an extra cellar for the SGC and they find a Ancient ZPM storage room

Comment

yeah cos that going to happen * sarcasm * why not go the whole way and discover a second atlantis on the moon powered by the arcturis project and armed with hundreds of the guns
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X