This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate additional power supplys

in that episode where oniell used a staff weapon to go to the asgard galaxy why dont sg1 and atlantis use them to travel back and forth between each other or use as many as possible needed

Originally posted by the true apothis
    in that episode where oniell used a staff weapon to go to the asgard galaxy why dont sg1 and atlantis use them to travel back and forth between each other or use as many as possible needed
    for one the dont no how to make them two it would make both shows stupid and dumb and ppl wouldnt wacth them any more
    Last edited by captain keys; 19 October 2005, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Why? Partially because it was left in the alternate universe Point of View.

Try searching the forums. There are tons of threads on this
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

I would think the Pegasus galaxy is further away than the Ida galaxy or as others have said on this thread we don't know how to make them.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Some people think he built what essentially functions as a primitive ZPM. Who knows.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
            Some people think he built what essentially functions as a primitive ZPM. Who knows.
            I would doubt that. I believe that this device just extracts all energy from naquadah in a short burst.
            Sorry for my bad english. I'm just a little post-communist building nuclear warheads in backyard.

Comment

yeah a ZPM is soo much more complicated than anything he could of built in carters lab
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Excuse me for asking a possibly stupid question but did they ever manage to build one of those Naquadah generators or something that Carter built before? Wouldn't they be able to use one of those?
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

In Letters From Pegasus, the Atlantis team used all of their naquadah generators to open a wormhole to Earth, and it only stayed open for a second or two. The generators just don't give off enough power.
                  JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                  VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                  MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                  LANDRY
                  : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                  Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                  Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

Though perhaps they could string a few of the Mk2 generators together to manage it. Maybe they could salvage something from a hatak, that would probably contain enough power (might be too big though).

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                      Excuse me for asking a possibly stupid question but did they ever manage to build one of those Naquadah generators or something that Carter built before? Wouldn't they be able to use one of those?
                      im not even going to give that enoguh attention for a reply, dam it! well there goes that statement; yes we built naquadah generators, they are the third best thing the stargate program has produced ( after the F-302 and BC- 303's)
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Thank you for correcting me on that, I guess it was a stupid question then. Maybe the Asgard should be sending one of their own to the city to help dig up more answers, and possibly discovering ways to find alternative power supplies.
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                        X