This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Tactics

I can understand that the Asgard don't want us to use their beaming tech. as an offensive weapon like we did in the Siege III, but why don't they do it? They can beam nukes or whatever they want anywhere. Is this just another example of their seeming lack of tacticle/strategic thinking?
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Have we ever seen a time when this would have mattered for the Asgard?
    "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

Do the Asgard even HAVE nukes? Not that they would generally need them, but we've seen no evidence they even use anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
        Do the Asgard even HAVE nukes? Not that they would generally need them, but we've seen no evidence they even use anything like that.
        That would have been my next question but I wanted to wait and see if there has even been a time when it would have mattered or not.

Comment

The Asguard don't use conventional explosives, as they tend to favor energy weapons on their ships. They're to "smart" for explosives .
          -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

I don't know that I would consider nukes to be conventional explosives though. I do agree about the energy weapons which is why I asked if they even have nukes.

Comment

nukes coulda turned the tide in the Replicator war for the asgard before they had the energy wave that oniell made.

i mean explosive energy like that would have def vaperised replicators granted asgard replicator controled ships would be able to use there shields vs a nuke and would take the hit with out problem but for example season 8x01 or 02 which ever it was that the replicator ship went to the new asgard homeworld if they used a nuke to beam aboard the replicator ship it would have VAPERIZED the crap out of that ship and no blocks would have fell to the planet surface =(

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                nukes coulda turned the tide in the Replicator war for the asgard before they had the energy wave that oniell made.

i mean explosive energy like that would have def vaperised replicators granted asgard replicator controled ships would be able to use there shields vs a nuke and would take the hit with out problem but for example season 8x01 or 02 which ever it was that the replicator ship went to the new asgard homeworld if they used a nuke to beam aboard the replicator ship it would have VAPERIZED the crap out of that ship and no blocks would have fell to the planet surface =(
                I don't know if it would have vaporized the replicator blocks. I have no idea how much heat one of them can take before being destroyed but I quess there is a chance they could survive the heat of a nuke. The EMP blast from the nuke might do it but I would think that they would quickly come up with a way to block that.

Comment

I highly doubt that nukes can hurt the Replicators. The Replicator blocks could probably absorb the gamma radiation from the nukes and the EMP probably won't do anything either since Replicators are Keron based.

Comment

well as Selmak said "that much konetic energy cant be over looked. they cant break the laws of phisics."

regardless of the heat the inital explosion would be enough to completly destroy each individial block

my opinion
                    Last edited by tony; 18 October 2005, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Heat absorbtion is one thing, but they are made of metal, and all metal has a melting point.

And as to whether they have nukes or not...probably not, but its safe to say that they could have nukes if they chose...it would probably be a fairly simple thing for them. Hell we first managed to make them in WW2, before computers. But as Kralizec said, they're likely just too "smart" for such "primitive" weapons.

This was something I found annoying about many sci-fi shows...they ignore blatantly obvious tactics. Like on Star Trek, when fighting in corridors...is that not the perfect environment to roll a grenade (or something like it) around a corner? Why did they never do that? Ugh.
                      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

They can't beam nukes into the Replicator ship, there are dampeners that prevents explosions. If they beam the nuke outside of the ship, it won't do any damage since all the energy released will stay as gamma radiation and won't affect the ship.

Comment

what are you talking about dood.. they cant raise shields for at least 5 seconds after they finish a jump from hyper space. So the ship is weaker for those 5 seconds a NUKE would OWN that replicator Cruiser.

Comment

Why do nukes make such a big bang? Because there's atmosphere on earth. When a nuke explodes on earth, a large amount of that gamma radiation gets transferred into the air, creating a huge fireball of death. There is no air in space, the gamma radiation stay gamma radiation and it will do squat against the Replicators except make them stronger.

Comment

we have seen nukes blowup in space on teh show they make a big Boom.

Comment

Working...
                              X