PDA

View Full Version : how many ppl out there in gateworld wants a season 10

Pages : [1] 2

starathena74
October 16th, 2005, 12:22 PM
i just want to see if im not alone if my feelings:)
OK
now im asking how many ppl in gateworld wants to see a season 10 and 11
ok come on ppl i know u have some to say about season 9 and the up cumeing 10th season i want feed back please

Qasim
October 16th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I do

MartoufMarty
I think there's already a thread about this. I think one with a poll.

Too lazy to look for it.

I suggest next time to do a search for a thread before you make a new one :)

spg_1983
if its of the same quality and vein as this season so far, definately not.

da_hippie
October 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I'd like one, but not if its going to deteriorate in quality.

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I competely agree...

I've barely been able to make it through the latest episodes...

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I competely agree...

I've barely been able to make it through the latest episodes...its sad and a smack in the face because there was so much potential left in the series and they squandered it and i was a very vocal supporter of a season 9 and now all of the anti-season 9 people were right.

Qasim
October 16th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Your right they've done some major frack-ups

Lack of Jack explanation
Making Mitchell leader in the show then saying Sam is co-leader on an internet board
Vala

Sue_Jackson
October 16th, 2005, 12:39 PM
*raises hand enthusiastically*

Me!!!! I wanna Season 10!!!! :D

They gotta beat The X-Files as the longest running Sci-fi show. Plus, they gotta do the 200th episode! ;)

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Your right they've done some major frack-ups

Lack of Jack explanation
Making Mitchell leader in the show then saying Sam is co-leader on an internet board
Valaactually vala was the only really good thing they did this season, IMHO. BB as mitchel had potential, but they did screw up having carter be sub-ordinate and then co-leader with him. they are the only two actual us military personel on the team, they cant both be incharge, one has to outrank the other. if it was a big, multi-service co-op team then having dual command could have the possibility of being remotely acceptable, but even then any real military person will tell you a clear chain of command is key.

kirmit
October 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I'm loving the Orii storyline so yer I'd love a season 10 but ppl have bin asking this question since season 5 and there's always mixed responses.

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, Sam should be in charge. She's been in the SGC since... the beginning :)

I like Vala. She cracks me up... But that one episode when they had to go around to get all that crap, that was pointless...

And I don't really think that they've had much more about the Orii than 'we're religious and very mean.'

Heru'urs_first_prime
October 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM
erm, i didn't read the whole thread because i think there are some spoilers (i haven't seen season 9, only Avalon prt I) but i think there should be a season 10 at the rate its going now, ive heard that some ppl don't want a season 10 coz they think they should end it after season 9 and keep stargate as good as it is and not give it a bad name if anyone knows what im onna bout

anyway, thats my opinion ^^

Merlin_Ancient
October 16th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I think having a season 10 would be a fantastic idea

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I think having a season 10 would be a fantastic ideawhy?

KatG
October 16th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I'm reserving judgment until I see how the rest of S9 plays out.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Well unfortunetly I haven't seen S9...apart from Avalon (dam you SkyOne) but from the sounds of it, it will be going on for a 10th.

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Ive seen alot of people on the Gateworld forum that disagree with that statement. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

I personally think this season is great, it's really fresh and had some brilliant episodes and special effects

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Ive seen alot of people on the Gateworld forum that disagree with that statement. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

I personally think this season is great, it's really fresh and had some brilliant episodes and special effectsby the same token there are a whole lot of people that agree with it. there are a whole lot of people that have been wanting the series to end since the end of season 6. i used to disagree with those people vehemenetly. i was a very big supporter of season 9 and before this season a season 10, but seeing how they have squandered and misused the series potential amkes me wish they had ended it a while ago when it could have gone out on top instead of this slow death through apathy and decay.

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 01:32 PM
by the same token there are a whole lot of people that agree with it. there are a whole lot of people that have been wanting the series to end since the end of season 6. i used to disagree with those people vehemenetly. i was a very big supporter of season 9 and before this season a season 10, but seeing how they have squandered and misused the series potential amkes me wish they had ended it a while ago when it could have gone out on top instead of this slow death through apathy and decay.

Not trying to be a b*****d or anything, but if so many people dont like it why are the ratings doing so well? How come sci fi has had it's best third quarter ever? Do people watch it because they dont like it these days? But if you don't like the first half spg just dont watch the second half.

Eoin
October 16th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Im all for a season 10 and lots more seasons :D :D
:)

AGateFan
October 16th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I am for a season 10.

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Not trying to be a b*****d or anything, but if so many people dont like it why are the ratings doing so well? How come sci fi has had it's best third quarter ever? Do people watch it because they dont like it these days? But if you don't like the first half spg just dont watch the second half.in fact the ratings arent doing that well. the mid season finale for Atlantis had the lowest ratings in that series history and sg-1's mid season finale was the lowest rating all season, and there was a steady down ward curve in its ratings all season. so you can not say the ratings are doing so great. and why should i have to stop watching it? ive been watching it for years, i no longer have a right to demand quality programming? i think its sad that rabid fanboys and girls are willing to accept substandard crap and then when anyone calls TPTB on it say they shouldnt watch it.

plaw15
October 16th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I want one.

Chricton
October 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Dude, spg 1983, you need to stop whining. It is a fact the SG1 and SGA are getting great ratings. Look it up on gateworld on the past seasons and what the ratings were. A LOT LOWER. Lower than the lowest this season.

Season six's low was 1.4
Season seven's low was 1.2
Season eights low was 1.7

Your looking for reasons to not like this season. Ratings isn't one of them.

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
in fact the ratings arent doing that well. the mid season finale for Atlantis had the lowest ratings in that series history and sg-1's mid season finale was the lowest rating all season, and there was a steady down ward curve in its ratings all season. so you can not say the ratings are doing so great. and why should i have to stop watching it? ive been watching it for years, i no longer have a right to demand quality programming? i think its sad that rabid fanboys and girls are willing to accept substandard crap and then when anyone calls TPTB on it say they shouldnt watch it.

Ive been with stargate since season 1 and i'm only 15. I dont think it's crap, and to me thats all that matters. The episodes have been of a great quality in my opinion, and i'm not just being biased.
And if you despise it and think it's crap why do you continue to watch it. Give me a proper answer because your whole 'you can't stop me watching it' *****y thing wasnt a very good one.

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Dude, spg 1983, you need to stop whining. It is a fact the SG1 and SGA are getting great ratings. Look it up on gateworld on the past seasons and what the ratings were. A LOT LOWER. Lower than the lowest this season.

Season six's low was 1.4
Season seven's low was 1.2
Season eights low was 1.7

Your looking for reasons to not like this season. Ratings isn't one of them.

There you go.

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Ive been with stargate since season 1 and i'm only 15. I dont think it's crap, and to me thats all that matters. The episodes have been of a great quality in my opinion, and i'm not just being biased.
And if you despise it and think it's crap why do you continue to watch it. Give me a proper answer because your whole 'you can't stop me watching it' *****y thing wasnt a very good one.LOL i watch it because it WAS good and im hopefull that someday it can be good again. its funny how i never said anything about anyone ELSE watching it or liking it, this is an opinion thread asking who wants a season 10. I said I didn't because the show isn't as good as it used to be. Did i say people should stop watching it? No I didn't. You are the one being a stargate fascist saying that anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't watch. I love how you fanboys are so paranoid and desperate to keep anyone from speaking ill against your precious stargate you can not entertain the thought of people not liking it anymore!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 16th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I do, too.

And more;)

the fifth man
October 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Season 10, definitely. And several more after that, I think. I like what tptb have done overall with the Ori so far, and like the new additions to the cast. The new direction the show is taking has real potential.

TheLastSunset
October 16th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Yes, I want a season 10, of course I do!!! I'm amazed at the writing in this season and I think every episode so far has been outstanding. The acting is astounding and I'm thrilled about the Fourth Horseman part 2. I love season nine of Stargate SG-1!!!!!

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 02:50 PM
LOL i watch it because it WAS good and im hopefull that someday it can be good again. its funny how i never said anything about anyone ELSE watching it or liking it, this is an opinion thread asking who wants a season 10. I said I didn't because the show isn't as good as it used to be. Did i say people should stop watching it? No I didn't. You are the one being a stargate fascist saying that anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't watch. I love how you fanboys are so paranoid and desperate to keep anyone from speaking ill against your precious stargate you can not entertain the thought of people not liking it anymore!

Never did i say anyone who disliked season 9 was not allowed to have an opinion.
And stop calling me fanboy. I am NOT paranoid or desperate. You don't know me, you can't tell me what i am and what am not.

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Never did i say anyone who disliked season 9 was not allowed to have an opinion.
And stop calling me fanboy. I am NOT paranoid or desperate. You don't know me, you can't tell me what i am and what am not.the very fact that you told me to stop watching the show because i dont think it is as good as it used to be makes you a fanboy.

the fifth man
October 16th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Name-calling, that's always mature guys.

SGFerrit
October 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
the very fact that you told me to stop watching the show because i dont think it is as good as it used to be makes you a fanboy.

You know what, i'm going now, cause your boring me repeating youself again and again...

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Name-calling, that's always mature guys.calling someone a fanboy isnt name calling. calling someone an idiot or something is name calling, fanboy is a descriptive label and can be ment in a good way or bad way, it depends on the person and the situation.

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 03:01 PM
You know what, i'm going now, cause your boring me repeating youself again and again...ah yes bow out in the face of opposition. ciao!

senorf
October 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I want a 10th im loving season 9 the ori storyline is fantastic imo the 8th season was by far the worst with rda having a reduced shooting shedule and most of the episodes being based on earth it great to have sg1 off world again.

the fifth man
October 16th, 2005, 03:05 PM
calling someone a fanboy isnt name calling. calling someone an idiot or something is name calling, fanboy is a descriptive label and can be ment in a good way or bad way, it depends on the person and the situation.

Hadn't really heard that term before.

Chricton
October 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Really? You've never heard the term fanboy? I must have been called that dozens of times about different things.

Fanboy is thrown around a lot when boards go down the tubes. GameFAQS.com, or at least the gaming section, is unreadable anymore because the moment you say you like something more than someone elses something, they start throwning the fanboy comments.

At least Gateworld isn't so much like that.

spg_1983
October 16th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hadn't really heard that term before.it is basically a term used to describe someone that is basically obsessed with a show and can't stand to here anything but good things about it. a fanboy is the type that will tolerate no opinion that daesnt say their show is great in all aspect all the time always.

Dani347
October 16th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Put me in the wait and see crowd. So far, I'm enjoying the season. It's not perfect, but there are a lot of things that I like, that seemed to be missing before (and some things I didn't like that seem to be gone now). However, I usually find the second half of the season is always a downfall in quality. And, yes, I know some people feel the exact opposite. So, if they can keep up the quality, imo, through to the last episode, I'd be open for a season 10. If I see a steady downfall, I couldn't support a season 10.

And, as far as ratings and all that, I'll stick my big nose in and say that I think the point of spg_1983's original post was, that just like you can find a lot of people on Gateworld who agree that this is a great season, you can also find a lot of people who feel that this is a horrible season. That can be easily seen by looking at the pro and anti season 9 threads (even factoring out the off topic posts). It's not about saying that more people dislike it than like it, or vice versa. It's just saying that whatever position you take, you can find people who agree with you.

the fifth man
October 16th, 2005, 03:32 PM
it is basically a term used to describe someone that is basically obsessed with a show and can't stand to here anything but good things about it. a fanboy is the type that will tolerate no opinion that daesnt say their show is great in all aspect all the time always.

Thanks for the explanation.:)

Stargate #1 Fan
October 16th, 2005, 04:00 PM
i do big time!! lol

Lexx
October 16th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I'd like a 10th season. If only because this one is supposedly ending on a cliffhanger. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the tenth season just chugs along like this one has, then I think the tenth should be the last.

Resident-Seven
October 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I've only seen the first 8 episode of season 9, and to me its shaping up to be one of the best seasons yet, I deffinently want a 10th season.

MasySyma
October 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I want a Season 10. I'm liking many of the changes, and I can't wait until January. I think the show is moving in a positive direction as well.

Not to be a fangirl . . . supporting a show doesn't mean that one has to follow everything the writers do blindly. I find it fascinating that so many people can condemn a show for a handful of episodes or a few spoilers on-line. Watch Season 9 and then judge the year. I base my hopes for Season 10 on the first half of Season 9 and the show's past successes. The SciFi execs will base their decisions on ratings, and both SG-1 and SGA have large but distinct followings. I want to see SG-1 continue while others may tune in to SGA or BSG. Their decisions are fine, but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show. :)

Eoin
October 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show.:)
Whats wrong with being obsessed with stargate :P
I think i fit into the catagory far above obsessed :P
I'll have faith in TPTB, if and when they decide that they cant come up wiith good stories for stargate and decide to finish up...thats ok...but i wont listen to other people saying that the show should finish(no offense to those that have said that, i respect your opinion), i'll wiat for TPTB to tell us :)
I hope stargate can go on for another few seasons :)

Stargate #1 Fan
October 16th, 2005, 05:31 PM
i havnt seen any season 9 yet:( i think sould be a season 10, 11, 12 etc..... lol :p

Dani347
October 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I want a Season 10. I'm liking many of the changes, and I can't wait until January. I think the show is moving in a positive direction as well.

Not to be a fangirl . . . supporting a show doesn't mean that one has to follow everything the writers do blindly. I find it fascinating that so many people can condemn a show for a handful of episodes or a few spoilers on-line. Watch Season 9 and then judge the year. I base my hopes for Season 10 on the first half of Season 9 and the show's past successes. The SciFi execs will base their decisions on ratings, and both SG-1 and SGA have large but distinct followings. I want to see SG-1 continue while others may tune in to SGA or BSG. Their decisions are fine, but I'm shouldn't be labled an obsessed fan merely because I enjoy the show. :)

From what I've read, nobody is labelling anyone for merely enjoying the show. I'm enjoying it, and when I see the term fanboy/girl, I don't think it pertains to me. It's when enjoyment goes on to criticize other people who don't enjoy it, when there is need to correct anyone who says they don't like the show, that the fanboy/girl label comes up. Also, if a person can say that yes they want a 10th season now, aren't they commending the show based on a handful of episodes? If a person should wait until the end of the season to judge unfavorably, shouldn't a favorable judgement wait until the end of the season as well?

starathena74
October 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM
ok when i was thinking of makeing this post i did not dream that ppl wood have this much mixed feelings about stargate im just glad that we can talk about stargate
thank u very much:D

Sprinkles
October 16th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I've been enjoying the feel and direction of the show, I'd actually rank a couple of the season 9 episodes in my favourite list. There have been some screw ups but I could say that about every season so far. I agree though that a decision on the whole season should perhaps be reserved until the second half has aired, but unless they jump the shark completly I'll still be tuning in.:)

BlueCat...Gater
October 16th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Well I want a season 10. But I haven't even seen season 9 and it won't start until Nov 10 here. Avoiding spoilers is killing me. ;)

JanusAncient
October 16th, 2005, 07:23 PM
If tptb did swear to introduce the Furlings, I most definitely would want a season 10, but as of now I can go either way, really what else can they accomplish, on the fence with a cherry pepsi, I love this season 9, but if the Furlings are never introduced, I'll really resent Stargate more than anything.

Eoin
October 17th, 2005, 01:40 AM
I'll really resent Stargate more than anything.

BLASPHEMEY!!!!!! :P
I can only see the furlings being introduced in a big budget Stargate 2 movie :D

Shouldn't this thread be turned into a poll?

Boobala
October 17th, 2005, 07:43 AM
i want to see a season 10 and even more.......way to much in love with the show.....(that is why i am such a gatehead)

SGFerrit
October 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Hi im back. No doubt spgwhatever his name is will bite my head off again for saying it's been good this season.

tony
October 17th, 2005, 08:19 AM
here is my answer.........................

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Eoin
October 17th, 2005, 08:26 AM
here is my answer.........................

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
No matter where i look now, all i can see is allot of bold YES's :S

I think the amount of people who want a season 10 out weighs the people who dont :D

I still say this thread should be turned into a poll

Noneareleft
October 17th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I would like to see a season 10 and more.

A lot of people seem to be very harsh on this season because it has a lot of change. You all know what is said about changes.
Perhaps a lot of people feel let down because they have read spoilers and don't have anything to be suprised about.
Think about it. The Ori are a prime example, "built them up and nothing has happened so far" I've read a lot. It's only the first half of the season. You read that this and this and that is going to happen and then when it does its not how you would expect it to be. Spoilers have it all played out for you, and you don't get to watch it get played out. There is nothing to look forward to if you know what is going to happen.

Take season one, the first few episodes were all off world really non continuity episodes. The later half of the season started to introduce the goa'uld more and the last one, is a cliff hanger with the earth going to be attacked by Apothis.

Compare that to this season... pretty similiar and we have half the season to go.

The other thing about the furlings, same concept, a lot of people are waiting for them to appear in the show but when they are expanded on it will likely let people down. I agree they need to be explored more, though.

Just my thoughts.

the Fifth Race
October 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM
The Ori story development deserves another season before we defeat there ugly butts. I like the way season 9 is shaping up. I would'nt mind another season or two of SG!.

spg_1983
October 17th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Hi im back. No doubt spgwhatever his name is will bite my head off again for saying it's been good this season.lol like ive said several times i dont have a problem with people still liking it, if you do good for you, but i am entitled to say that i dont like anymore either. its called an OPINION

SGFerrit
October 17th, 2005, 10:23 AM
lol like ive said several times i dont have a problem with people still liking it, if you do good for you, but i am entitled to say that i dont like anymore either. its called an OPINION

I never said you werent entiteled to one.

starathena74
October 17th, 2005, 11:20 AM
No matter where i look now, all i can see is allot of bold YES's :S

I think the amount of people who want a season 10 out weighs the people who dont :D

I still say this thread should be turned into a poll
well i was the one who started this post im still new to this how do i make this in to a poll

spg_1983
October 17th, 2005, 11:28 AM
well i was the one who started this post im still new to this how do i make this in to a pollonly mods can make polls. pm one of them if you want to make a poll

starathena74
October 17th, 2005, 11:45 AM
only mods can make polls. pm one of them if you want to make a poll
thank u very much thats good to know:)

Dani347
October 17th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hi im back. No doubt spgwhatever his name is will bite my head off again for saying it's been good this season.

Interesting. I've said I like this season. I've said this season has been an improvement over the last seasons. I've said that as long as the season continues the way it has, I'd like a 10th season. And, no one has bitten my head off.

pinguino_89
October 17th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I would like a 10 season if the nivel of the series is manteined. Also, I don't think they had start the story of the Ori if they want to end thes serie, so I think that luckly we will have a 10th season

Rowana
October 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I would like to see more. I was a little hesitant about the new season in the beginning, but the stories are so interesting even with so many changes. I would love to see where this Ori business goes; they're creepy!

orii7
October 17th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I would LOVE to have a season 10...possibly a season 14 atleast..maybe a season 16? ya never know...thats why u have GateWorld to tell u the spoilers! (ooooo i love spoilers) so my suggestion is......MORE SEASONS!!! MORE SEASONS!!!!! MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fifth man
October 17th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Bring on season 10, 11, and 12. I know, I don't care that I'm getting ahead of myself.

walter_MacChevron
October 17th, 2005, 09:36 PM
LMAO! I remember last year when there was a mass hysteria about whether or not the show would get renewed for a season 9....and everybody kinda felt relieved when it was renewed. Just sit back and relax sci-fi can go all melodramatic and not release the renewal for this show until thanksgiving but they wont give up bragging rights for the longest running sci-fi show in american history and plus the crew likes making it and the cast all like it and it is a cash cow AND it is still good quality...................guess my answer:rolleyes:

Crichton
October 17th, 2005, 10:45 PM
So you want to know how many people spending a lot of time on Gateworld, (while the show isn't airing new episodes) want a season 10?? I'm going to wager that it's all of them, maybe minus
5-8 really bitter people that are kidding themselves.

spg_1983
October 18th, 2005, 07:02 AM
So you want to know how many people spending a lot of time on Gateworld, (while the show isn't airing new episodes) want a season 10?? I'm going to wager that it's all of them, maybe minus
5-8 really bitter people that are kidding themselves.i direct your attention to this thread:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18183

starathena74
October 18th, 2005, 12:52 PM
hey mods get we please make this a poll please
thank u very much:D

ChillinTheMost
October 18th, 2005, 01:06 PM
i direct your attention to this thread:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18183
I would think that for that poll to have any validity, it would have to be in a forum that doesn't cater to any of the choices on the list.

CkiCki
October 18th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Hey. I didn't get very far in this thread before I wanted to say something. I think Qasim hit it right on the head:

Lack of Jack explanation
If there's anything I think they should have changed, it was that. If anyone has read the most recent Peter DeLuise interview, he took the words right out of my brain when he described his feelings on how TPTB handled the whole 'transition' of losing Jack. You should read it if you haven't! I haven't seen the last few episodes of season nine yet (before mid-season, I mean), but, judging by how Atlantis is going, I believe that if there is a season 10, TPTB can turn the show around and make it as great as it once was.

spg_1983
October 18th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I would think that for that poll to have any validity, it would have to be in a forum that doesn't cater to any of the choices on the list.like another forum all together? this is a stargate website and primarily a stargate forum, the people that frequent the BSG section are people that are stargate fans originally and BSG fans as well now. if anything the poll is biased towards stargate.

Dani347
October 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I know this is very subjective, and what some people think it's great, others think it sucks. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Just a matter of personal likings.

*emphasis mine*
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think everyone should be required to recite this mantra before every post they make.

BC - 303
October 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
The Ori story development deserves another season before we defeat there ugly butts. I like the way season 9 is shaping up. I would'nt mind another season or two of SG!.
Agreed

u carnt create an enermy and deffet them in 1 season

starellen1
October 18th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I would love to see a 10th season. I want to see SG end in a blaze of glory, and I don't think that can happen by the end of season 9. TPTB need to
give the faithful fans some closure with several storylines, ie-Jack and Sam,
Daniel and Vala, Cassandra, Hammond,etc.

starathena74
October 18th, 2005, 10:24 PM
i am so glad that every one has deep feeling about the topic i feel warm and fuzzy:D

Linzi
October 19th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I've only seen the first 2 episodes of season 9, but I loved them! nice to see the show back on track as I really didn't enjoy much of season 8. So I'd be delighted to see a season 10, and will be amazed if we don't!

wikeja
October 19th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Definitely want a season 15.... uhh ...10.

For those of you nay sayers...if you had a choice between SciFi originals and SG 1 season 10, what would you choose?:D

GateGipsy
October 19th, 2005, 04:27 AM
SPG183 and SG Ferritt - please stop. At least one of you should know our rule about disputes between individuals being aired on a thread. Take your disagreement with each other to PM or Email please. Any further posts here will get deleted.

If a word is used in a derogatory fashion, then no matter what that word is, it is essentially name calling. So let's have no more of that either please!

I have also seen people criticising other's for voicing their opinions too. Now, if you disagree with someone's opinion then please do say so. That's what a discussion is all about. But don't just label the other person as cynical or bitter - that is against the spirit of the rules here at GateWorld. We do ask that posters post with respect to other posters. No matter what your age, whether it is 15 or 50, you're capable of having a mature civil discussion, and here at GateWorld that's how we expect our posters to behave.

Now, taking off my mod hat and posting as a normal poster, I am (so far) enjoying Season 9 more than 8, so I'm quite happy for there to be a Season 10.

ChillinTheMost
October 19th, 2005, 04:52 AM
like another forum all together? this is a stargate website and primarily a stargate forum, the people that frequent the BSG section are people that are stargate fans originally and BSG fans as well now. if anything the poll is biased towards stargate.
No, I just meant it should probably be in the General section. It is in the BSG section, which means not all Stargate fans would even know it exists. I don't watch BSG, so I don't visit that particular forum and wouldn't have cast my vote if it weren't linked in this particular thread that I just happened to visit.

A neutral thread with an inclusive title in the general area would allow more viewers of all three shows to know the poll exists, thus giving a more balanced poll result. Where it is currently, it is not biased towards Stargate fans, but towards fans of BSG that may have originally joined this forum due to Stargate.

edited: I just realized that the "General" section is really a "General Stargate" section, so that wouldn't work, either. There may not be a neutral section on this board that would equally draw from the 3 fandoms of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.

BTW, to answer the original question, yes, I do want a season 10. I'm immensely enjoying this season and the addition of Mitchell.

P-90_177
October 19th, 2005, 05:02 AM
I've only seen the 1st episode of the season but I already know that I want another season and more. Mitchell is so cool and he has done a great job of taking over from Jack, he can't replace him of course but their not trying to. It's wrong to stop a series which really is still going so strong. In fact I would want another ten seasons. If they keep pulling out stuff as such high quality as Avalon I'll be more than happy. Plus it would also be wrong to end the season when they havn't beaten the X-Files record yet!!!!

spg_1983
October 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM
No, I just meant it should probably be in the General section. It is in the BSG section, which means not all Stargate fans would even know it exists. I don't watch BSG, so I don't visit that particular forum and wouldn't have cast my vote if it weren't linked in this particular thread that I just happened to visit.

A neutral thread with an inclusive title in the general area would allow more viewers of all three shows to know the poll exists, thus giving a more balanced poll result. Where it is currently, it is not biased towards Stargate fans, but towards fans of BSG that may have originally joined this forum due to Stargate.

edited: I just realized that the "General" section is really a "General Stargate" section, so that wouldn't work, either. There may not be a neutral section on this board that would equally draw from the 3 fandoms of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.

BTW, to answer the original question, yes, I do want a season 10. I'm immensely enjoying this season and the addition of Mitchell.i think the idea for it staying in the BSG section was that since this is primarily a SG board, people that post in the BSG subsection are SG watchers as well. Putting it in the General section would be biased because you would get a lot of people that dont watch BSG at all and are offended at the notion of someone not likeing SG voting against BSG thus biasing the poll. Where it is now ensures that the people voting are SG AND BSG fans and hopefully makes the poll more balanced.

ChillinTheMost
October 19th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Well, they made up the poll so they can certainly put it anywhere they want. They should realize, though, that they are only getting the cross-section of SG fans that are also BSG fans, so they shouldn't take the results as valid. However, you posted the link here, so that picked up a couple SG/non-BSG fans - or maybe just me. You're right, though, as I added in my edit, the General area wouldn't provide valid results, either.

I just reread your post and it seems that they only want to poll people that are fans of all 3 shows to see which one they like best. If so, then I can see your point. I was thinking that they just wanted to know the favorite of the 3 shows, no matter if the viewer only watched/liked one or any combination of the 3.

But, ultimately, like I said, it's the poll-maker's choice to put it where he/she wants it and to interpret the results as they want.

starathena74
October 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM
SPG183 and SG Ferritt - please stop. At least one of you should know our rule about disputes between individuals being aired on a thread. Take your disagreement with each other to PM or Email please. Any further posts here will get deleted.

If a word is used in a derogatory fashion, then no matter what that word is, it is essentially name calling. So let's have no more of that either please!

I have also seen people criticising other's for voicing their opinions too. Now, if you disagree with someone's opinion then please do say so. That's what a discussion is all about. But don't just label the other person as cynical or bitter - that is against the spirit of the rules here at GateWorld. We do ask that posters post with respect to other posters. No matter what your age, whether it is 15 or 50, you're capable of having a mature civil discussion, and here at GateWorld that's how we expect our posters to behave.

Now, taking off my mod hat and posting as a normal poster, I am (so far) enjoying Season 9 more than 8, so I'm quite happy for there to be a Season 10.
hi mod is there any way we can make this in to a poll thank u very much

Eoin
October 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
hi mod is there any way we can make this in to a poll thank u very much
Try pm'ing one of the mods that should get it done quicker :)

starathena74
October 20th, 2005, 09:41 AM
ya i think your right

the true apothis
October 20th, 2005, 09:42 AM
i do

starathena74
October 20th, 2005, 10:10 AM
i do
love the name and welcome to the fourm

jonnybgoode47
October 20th, 2005, 10:13 AM
used 2 think this show was a joke, then i watched an episode, then i watched them all, right now im patiently waiting on season 9's fourth horseman part 2 like a little kid at christmas, long live the SGC say i :D

Dromag67
October 20th, 2005, 11:42 AM
YES for season 10!

I love the storyline, cant wait to see where it leads.

DelTrax1
October 20th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I will say yes for a Season 10.....

xkawaiix
October 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I don't know if I can say right now. I'll have to see how I feel at the end of the season. But, if we do have a season 10 I'll have no problem with it! :D

aizjanika
October 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I definitely want a season 10 unless they are going to use it to show some type of canon Sam/Jack anything. (I don't even want Sam to talk to him on the phone. <G>) If that's the case, I'd rather the show end than ruin it completely. Other than that, though, I want a season 10 and beyond.

its sad and a smack in the face because there was so much potential left in the series and they squandered it and i was a very vocal supporter of a season 9 and now all of the anti-season 9 people were right.

I don't agree that the potential of the show was squandered in season 9. I think they actually wrote up to their potential in some of the episodes. Even in the one episode I didn't like, there were thinks I liked about it, so I didn't hate it.

I've loved season 9 for the most part. The first episodes were great. The problem that I saw was that almost as soon as Sam came back, they separated the team again. I loved Prototype because at least the main characters were interacting with each other, and I liked The Fourth Horseman less because of the lack of that, but it wasn't a bad episode.

The first five episodes were awesome, though, and I don't even like Vala. Some of them rank in my top favorite episodes now--right up there with seasons 1 & 2 which are my favorite seasons. (I'm going to have to revise my list. <G>)I wish they'd write more like that for the whole team. I'll be unhappy if the rest of season 9 is all about one character or another and less about the team. I have read spoilers, but I'm still hoping for the best.

the fifth man
October 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Season 10 must happen. We the people demand it. Seasons 11, 12, and maybe even 13 wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it?:D

starathena74
October 20th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Season 10 must happen. We the people demand it. Seasons 11, 12, and maybe even 13 wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it?:D
i like your thinking :)

1DanielForMe
October 20th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Me too!
I'm quite looking forward to a season 10, and many more seasons after that!

starathena74
October 21st, 2005, 05:56 AM
im trying to get the mods to make his a poll but i will keep trying:D

Re-Horakhti
October 21st, 2005, 06:10 AM
Having introduced the Ori storyline, i think it is only fair that it is seen thru to the end. Considering that it took 8 seasons to defeat the Goa'uld, 7 to defeat the Ori is only fair :D . Just to balance everything out - 7 to defeat the Wraith :D

Concerning the negativity surrounding season 9 :the naysayers are entitled to their opinions, but many of us want SG-1 to continue for many many more seasons - and there will be Netu to pay if our enjoyment is cut short because of them :mad:

starathena74
October 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
i think every as some very good points about if it gose in to a 10th season:D

starathena74
October 22nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Having introduced the Ori storyline, i think it is only fair that it is seen thru to the end. Considering that it took 8 seasons to defeat the Goa'uld, 7 to defeat the Ori is only fair :D . Just to balance everything out - 7 to defeat the Wraith :D

Concerning the negativity surrounding season 9 :the naysayers are entitled to their opinions, but many of us want SG-1 to continue for many many more seasons - and there will be Netu to pay if our enjoyment is cut short because of them :mad:
u have a very good point and btw welcome to the forum

the fifth man
October 22nd, 2005, 10:30 PM

By the look of polls GW has been doing, and just overall, more people like season 9 than don't. So I don't think we have to worry too much about the "naysayers" cutting our enjoyment short.

SGalisa
October 23rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
To encourage TPTB, to start with, I would be very interested in seeing Season 10, plus... :)

Originally posted by Sprinkles:
...but unless they jump the shark completly I'll still be tuning in.
Question: what in creation does "jump the shark" mean??
I've been hearing it over and over and aside from seeing the Acme/shark over the water production company for Atlantis, I'm guessing it means going against what *some* people want with it??

Originally posted by Noneareleft:
Perhaps a lot of people feel let down because they have read spoilers and don't have anything to be suprised about.
Think about it. The Ori are a prime example, "built them up and nothing has happened so far" I've read a lot. It's only the first half of the season. You read that this and this and that is going to happen and then when it does its not how you would expect it to be. Spoilers have it all played out for you, and you don't get to watch it get played out. There is nothing to look forward to if you know what is going to happen.I tend to agree a little on reading the *spoilers* bit. I read a lot of SG1-Season 8 spoilers and got overdosed on what might happen -provided the spoilers were accurate, plus -my super sensitivity auras were feeling the emotions from certain viewers who saw the eps. {...but it was also my own fault for looking at them!}

I found myself becoming numbed with a "ho-hum" attitude when the actual eps aired... until Reckoning/Threads showed up. Then I realized I was absorbing too much of everyone else's negativity (i.e.: from those who were being overly negative). When I backed off a bit on not knowing what would happen in Season 9, I found myself enjoying each ep and each nuance as they happened for the first time! Maybe that's another reason why I could relate to the entire Vala/Daniel conflicts that much easier... :D

Originally posted by Noneareleft:
Take season one, the first few episodes were all off world really non continuity episodes....

Compare that to this season... pretty similiar and we have half the season to go.I've noticed it, too. ...and each ep has meanings within its own unique tale to tell. ;)

Carl
October 23rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
I think every series should be given a chance to find it's feet. Now I know you're thinking "what the hell do you mean? This is 9 years old!!" but time and time again the writers and producers have said how this seems a "totally fresh start and new series"

Every new Trek series and series of any kind takes a chance and has to find out what is right and what is wrong. Some have better luck than others, and I think this 'new' SG-1 needs a season 10 before I could truly say goodbye for sure.

ALHDZSZ
October 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=SGalisa]To encourage TPTB, to start with, I would be very interested in seeing Season 10, plus... :)

"Question: what in creation does "jump the shark" mean??
I've been hearing it over and over and aside from seeing the Acme/shark over the water production company for Atlantis, I'm guessing it means going against what *some* people want with it??"

A jump the shark is when a show has run out of topics and begins its decline, its a reference to when Fonz jumped the shark in the series and the fans knew it was all going down; kinda when they put mitchel or jonas in sg1

And yes i would like a season 10

starathena74
October 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
jumps up and down can we please make this a poll now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

starathena74
October 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=SGalisa]To encourage TPTB, to start with, I would be very interested in seeing Season 10, plus... :)

"Question: what in creation does "jump the shark" mean??
I've been hearing it over and over and aside from seeing the Acme/shark over the water production company for Atlantis, I'm guessing it means going against what *some* people want with it??"

A jump the shark is when a show has run out of topics and begins its decline, its a reference to when Fonz jumped the shark in the series and the fans knew it was all going down; kinda when they put mitchel or jonas in sg1

And yes i would like a season 10
i really like what u said and welcome to the forum

SG-1ssm
October 23rd, 2005, 08:06 PM
I think there's already a thread about this. I think one with a poll.

Too lazy to look for it.

I suggest next time to do a search for a thread before you make a new one :)

Dude this is the response by people to almost every new thread. Have we run out of stuff to talk about?!?!?

WraithWarrior
October 24th, 2005, 03:44 AM
If s9 carries on as good as it is in the first 5 eps then i wud def like to see a s10

Dutch_Razor
October 24th, 2005, 05:54 AM
But I want O'neil back!

Well ehm, without him would be a little less but still very fun!

Dani347
October 24th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Shows don't live and die on the basis of what people say on a message board. There are many reasons why shows get cancelled (sometimes shows that people are sure will last get axed and people are left going, "what??") but the only power a viewer has is with their remote. And for a lot of us, that power is limited to choosing whether or not to view it for ourselves. I don't have a Neilsen box, so the networks don't know what the heck I'm watching when I turn on the tv.

And, if naysayers had that much power, there wouldn't be a season 9. There were plenty of anti-season 9 posts prior to the season opener. I know. I used to post my share.

Chricton
October 24th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Anybody here with a DVR essentialy has a Neilson box. Even recording things is counted as "watching" the program. Your data is sent through whatever provider you have (I have Comcast), to Nielson.

I'm not sure if TiVo is the same.

I normally record the three shows on firday, but start watching them in progress 45 minutes into Stargate SG-1. I can then watch from the begining as the recording continues, and skip commercials as I go. BUT, I still finish when the shows would normally end. Waiting the extra 45 makes the experience a lot better.

Dani347
October 24th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Well, I'm still invisible to the networks, because I don't have a dvr or tivo. No wonder so many of my shows get cancelled.

BlueCat...Gater
October 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
OK no more wishing needed...Season 10 has been confirmed! :D

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/10/istargatesg-1iandiatlantis.shtml

starathena74
October 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Anybody here with a DVR essentialy has a Neilson box. Even recording things is counted as "watching" the program. Your data is sent through whatever provider you have (I have Comcast), to Nielson.

I'm not sure if TiVo is the same.

I normally record the three shows on firday, but start watching them in progress 45 minutes into Stargate SG-1. I can then watch from the begining as the recording continues, and skip commercials as I go. BUT, I still finish when the shows would normally end. Waiting the extra 45 makes the experience a lot better.
by bo use to work 4 the ppl who put the nielson boxs in ppls homes he told be that is was not good pay but it was a job he told me once how they pick the names but i 4get it was along time ago

The Rodney Factor
October 24th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Season 10-yes!

Chricton
October 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM
by bo use to work 4 the ppl who put the nielson boxs in ppls homes he told be that is was not good pay but it was a job he told me once how they pick the names but i 4get it was along time ago

I always figured it was a lottery. They try to get families of different incomes and life styles, however.

misravot
October 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Thank you SciFi for not making us wait till after the season to get the good news. No letter writing campaigns to launch. No impassioned pleas to TPTB. Just another 20 episodes apiece of Gate goodness

ALHDZSZ
October 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Well in this case, i think that a season 10, or as default a sequel of the movie is nesseary due to the fact that we are goning to need some kind of closure to the cliffhangers that are going to be placed at the end of the season. I mean you cant just end a series (at least a good one) with an ending like Camelot.

starathena74
October 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
lol there is a god
all i can say is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to love scifi chennel :D :D :D
ps doing the happy dance

the fifth man
October 24th, 2005, 07:51 PM
lol there is a god
all i can say is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to love scifi chennel :D :D :D
ps doing the happy dance

Well, gotta love them on this decision. It was, afterall, a no-brainer.
I have to admit, I'm busting a move or two over here as well.

Onlybluesocks
October 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Season 10!! YAY!
I made little squeaky sounds for like 10 minutes.
To know Stargate is to know happiness. (for me anyways)
The show might be changing . . . some ways I do not like . . . but there are still those awesome aspects of the show that make it so awesome (even if now they are more burried than the innuendos)!

When I no longer get excited Thursday nights for the Stargate I have another day to wait for . . . then I will not want any more.

the fifth man
October 24th, 2005, 08:00 PM
To know Stargate is to know happiness. (for me anyways)

I know exactly what you mean.:)

Seastallion
October 25th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Boo-Yah...!!!

Yeah...! Stargate kicks major A$$...!!! Yessss...!!! :cool:

I'm really, really happy there is gonna be a season 10... can't you tell? :D

starathena74
October 25th, 2005, 03:50 AM
still doing the happy dance i wood love to know what the 200th ep will be about :D :D :D :D

Erised
October 25th, 2005, 04:22 AM
hell yeah I'm happy! :D :D :p :p As long as there is new Stargate, how good it is doesnt't matter..
Well ok it does, but I'm not going to be a cry baby just because S9 isn't the best thing that happened to Stargate. Some people really hate major changes. I doubt that everyone here would have loved goa'uld if they were the new, unknown enemy, and Ori were defeated, and we started with s1 as s9.
:p

Elite S.G.-1
October 25th, 2005, 05:11 AM
hell yeah I'm happy! :D :D :p :p As long as there is new Stargate, how good it is doesnt't matter..
Well ok it does, but I'm not going to be a cry baby just because S9 isn't the best thing that happened to Stargate. Some people really hate major changes. I doubt that everyone here would have loved goa'uld if they were the new, unknown enemy, and Ori were defeated, and we started with s1 as s9.
:p
yes i agree with you Erised...

ALHDZSZ
October 25th, 2005, 06:19 PM
One ything i think they should put in season 10 is Vala, i mean she really brought some o'niel like comedy back to the show.

Jack's Angel
October 25th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Oh kool season 10 yes deffnitly...aslong as RDA is in it...not the same without his cute butt! :p

starathena74
October 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Oh kool season 10 yes deffnitly...aslong as RDA is in it...not the same without his cute butt! :p
lol he dose have a cute butt

starathena74
October 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM
welcome to the forum

the fifth man
October 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
With or without RDA, I'm glad we're getting a season 10. It will give tptb that much more room to expand upon what they want us to take away from this conflict with the Ori.

starathena74
October 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
With or without RDA, I'm glad we're getting a season 10. It will give tptb that much more room to expand upon what they want us to take away from this conflict with the Ori.
i wood just love to seeif there going to pick up on sam/jack

the fifth man
October 25th, 2005, 08:07 PM
i wood just love to seeif there going to pick up on sam/jack

It would be nice, but I'm just not sure how much more of that "relationship" we'll see play out onscreen. Can always keep your hopes up, though.:)

starathena74
October 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
It would be nice, but I'm just not sure how much more of that "relationship" we'll see play out onscreen. Can always keep your hopes up, though.:)
so very ture but u never know im still doing the happy dance lol

the fifth man
October 25th, 2005, 08:20 PM
so very ture but u never know im still doing the happy dance lol

I don't blame you. Keep it up.:)

chyron
October 25th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Moot point. Its been renewed. The question should be then about Season 11.

Boobala
October 26th, 2005, 01:23 AM
now that there is going to be a season 10 this can happen

JACK AND SAM GET MARRIED AND MAKE CUTE BABIES!!!!!

*bring Janet back too*

ALHDZSZ
October 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
yes i'm sure thats whats gonna happen, plus i dont think thier kids would be "cute" anyway, they'd turn out all wierd and sarcastically inteligent, like evil genuises with a bizrre sense of humor

ps who in his right mind would replace lam for janet

starathena74
October 26th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Moot point. Its been renewed. The question should be then about Season 11.
your right i just do not know how to fix it

starathena74
October 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
yes i'm sure thats whats gonna happen, plus i dont think thier kids would be "cute" anyway, they'd turn out all wierd and sarcastically inteligent, like evil genuises with a bizrre sense of humor

ps who in his right mind would replace lam for janet
lol u never know:)

starathena74
October 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
now that there is going to be a season 10 this can happen

JACK AND SAM GET MARRIED AND MAKE CUTE BABIES!!!!!

*bring Janet back too*
we can just hope and pray

BlueCat...Gater
October 27th, 2005, 09:06 AM

lol...Aw they'd be cute but somehow I prefer the sexual tension between their characters so no getting married...JMO.:)

skritsys
October 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
the question now would be, should they even bother going for 11?

starathena74
October 27th, 2005, 01:38 PM
the question now would be, should they even bother going for 11?
i say yes the shold make a season 11:)

flankergeek
October 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
This is fantastic, stargates is more like a soap opera fr me now, i've watched the whole thing from its very begiining since i was 8. I doubt alot of poepel can say that, and i feel a weirdly strong bod between myself and the series. Like i woudl have been really annoyed if it has finished this year, i woud probably have gone and started buyig the DVDs immeidatly. Fortunatly my bank balance will not suffer becasue of the foresight of the people at sci-fi channel. Anyway, it would be dumb to cancel it no that they've lined up reasonably good replacement actors for hamond, oneil and janet. Lets just see how the story develops.

Commander Aegir
October 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM
in my opinion I think they are dragging it on too much they should have stopped at season 8, i'm not saying that they have run out of ideas but I think they should concentrate on Atlantis instead.

thorshammer
October 27th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I do.

starathena74
October 27th, 2005, 07:44 PM
This is fantastic, stargates is more like a soap opera fr me now, i've watched the whole thing from its very begiining since i was 8. I doubt alot of poepel can say that, and i feel a weirdly strong bod between myself and the series. Like i woudl have been really annoyed if it has finished this year, i woud probably have gone and started buyig the DVDs immeidatly. Fortunatly my bank balance will not suffer becasue of the foresight of the people at sci-fi channel. Anyway, it would be dumb to cancel it no that they've lined up reasonably good replacement actors for hamond, oneil and janet. Lets just see how the story develops.
i like what u had to say :) and welcome to the forum

1DanielForMe
October 27th, 2005, 09:37 PM
the question now would be, should they even bother going for 11?Oh, indubitably!

starathena74
October 28th, 2005, 09:00 AM
i have to say i do want a season 11 and rda back soon i hope:D

ALHDZSZ
October 28th, 2005, 06:09 PM
lets firts wait and see how season 10 turns out and then we can talk about 11

starathena74
October 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
lets firts wait and see how season 10 turns out and then we can talk about 11
yes i have to say the same with u but still one can only hope

ALHDZSZ
October 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I hope they keep Dr Lam

JackGyver
October 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I love the Stargate mythos and would love to see it continue, but certain areas have got to improve. The Ori have either got to be fleshed out and improved, or else defeated entirely. So far, they're just cliche religious-zealot bad guys. Then, Vala has got to become less annoying and lame, since we've apparently got her one way or another. :rolleyes: I'd definitely like to see more of the Goa'uld. And Hammond. And Jonas. *sigh*

If none of that happens, then I wish they'd just change the name of the show, or something. I mean, I'm happily enjoying Atlantis right now, but I'd hate to see ol' SG-1 get dragged through the mud, imo. Then again, I do like the inclusion of the Arthurian legends.

KairezLightkeeper
October 30th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Sorry if this point's been brought up before... Too lazy to read the whole thread...

I think it's a good thing that it's been renewed for a tenth season... We had to battle with the Goa'uld for nine years before they were taken down, and to do in an enemy like the Ori in one year just seemed terribly wrong. The Ori deal should take at least three years, I think... Then they can call it quits.

Of course, if it goes on for twenty years, I won't be the one complaining. ;)

Daniel's_twin
October 30th, 2005, 10:04 AM
This is definitely a show that should go on as long as possible. Season 10, 11, 12, etc. This has been one outstanding season so far and I don't think it should get cut short now. :cool:

kirmit
October 30th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I'm having second thoughts about season 10 now, coz if daniel and sam aint gonna be in it, it just wont be the same at all. I accepted the O'neill change but now it sounds like they're gonna have a completely diff team

Tok'Ra Hostess
October 30th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I'm pleased that there is going to be a 10th season.

Stargate SG-1 seasons 6-9 haven't enthralled me like the first five did, but I still find the series quite entertaining - on a par with any of the ST series for which I never joined a fandom, even though I never missed an ep.

I basicly see season nine and what follows as a spin-off to SG-1 - The New Adventures of SG-1, if you will. I miss the Goa'uld(Edited to add that I also miss the Tok'Ra and the Replicators, and fear that the Asgard will only get a passing mention). I miss the fact that Junior isn't part of the team, anymore, and I miss Jack, Hammond and Janet, but they were on that "other" SG-1 series; this is the "new" series in my philosophy. :)

PyscoFarscapeSG1Groupie
October 30th, 2005, 02:18 PM
*Jumps around with her hand in the air* Ooh ooh I do I do!... I'd like to see more Vala too! *ducks*

AGateFan
October 30th, 2005, 03:23 PM
not anymore

<depressed and annoyed AGateFan>

starathena74
October 30th, 2005, 05:52 PM
thank u mods 4 makeing this a poll and i just hope kow one else leaves the show or i will be upset

Tok'Ra Hostess
October 30th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I'm having second thoughts about season 10 now, coz if daniel and sam aint gonna be in it, it just wont be the same at all. I accepted the O'neill change but now it sounds like they're gonna have a completely diff team

Daniel and Sam aren't going to be in season 10?:S

Where'd you read that?

Agent_Dark
October 30th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Daniel and Sam aren't going to be in season 10?:S

Where'd you read that?
Rumours at the moment. MS cancelled a con appearance for talks about an important 'major television role'. So its anyone's guess as to what that means at the moment.

And coming out of the GABIT con in London, apparently the PTB have plans to only have Amanda appear in 20 episodes split between SG1 and SGA. Because apparently they dont know what do with the character :rolleyes:

And I have to say that if any of that means no Daniel or Sam in season 10, I probably wont be watching.

crazedturkey
October 30th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Yep. Without soundling like grumpsville....(ok that's a lost cause).
With no RDA AND no AT, there's just not enough of SG-1 left to keep me interested.

Guess I'm gonna have to go and get attached to SGA instead...

chyron
October 30th, 2005, 10:41 PM
SciFi has renewed SG1 for a S10. This is like saying, although you're giving it to us - we don't want it. It's like an anti-petition.

Pryito
October 30th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Give me more! I love the new season, has alot of potential. I just don't get the nay sayers. :) But everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I thought the last SG-1 episode ended with a bang! But, I did not like atlantis season 2 as much as season 1. Get on with the Wraith vs. Ancient tech already!

chyron
October 30th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Give me more!
Sounds like you need to check out the Gate-aholics thread.

Boobala
October 30th, 2005, 11:46 PM
not to excited bout it now, cuz if there is no AT:( then i won't watch it......

only liked Vala in Promethesus Unbound....not much of a fan......SORRY

:) AT i could listen to reading the phone book:) .......

**hugs and kisses AT**

Re-Horakhti
October 31st, 2005, 02:01 AM
There seem two contradictory complaints about season 9:
1. Should have been a spin-off
2. Too much change too quickly
I'm not sure what my point was, but what I really wanted to say was this...

With RDA gone, would SG1 without AT have become a spinoff, even if in name only?

or

Would SG1 become CM, DJ, T & V with SC given a command , either on one of our new ships or as de facto 2IC at SGC, as Jack was in the earlier seasons ( even if she isn't in every episode)

Hope at least some of that makes sense...

Tok'Ra Hostess
October 31st, 2005, 05:13 AM
Rumours at the moment.

Ah, rumors. I'm not really into those thingies. Nothing spreads the negativity like rumors and the speculation they engender.

But if there's definitive news that AT has signed on for 20 eps and she shares them between my two fav series, I won't complain. It actually makes sense to me that there would be some character crossover from time to time.

And anyway, the SG-1 actors are just about the only people at Bridge who haven't worked on Atlantis....:p

In season nine AT gets 15 eps in SG-1 and 1 guest appearance in Atlantis. If next season we get 20 eps with AT, then that sounds better than what we're getting this season. :)

As to Daniel, I don't know what to make of that.:S

skritsys
October 31st, 2005, 09:44 AM
Without AT and MS the show just holds nothing for me anymore, and I would have to just have to stick with Atlantis for my SG fix.
Providing that AT and MS are going to be around in S10, that would keep me coming back. What would SG-1 be without AT and MS?

starathena74
October 31st, 2005, 10:30 AM
ok im just going to wh8 and see as to whats going to go on in the 10th season u never know till the very end all i can do is hope and pray :D

The Engineer
October 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM
I want season 10, like most of the people, and I have nothing against an 11, 12 to, and if we are very very lucky we might get a 16 season.
BTW I know about the renewal of the SG-1, but I wanted people to know that I am pro season 10 because I like the way producers handle the show.

Jack's Angel
October 31st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Oh yes deffo we're only on season 8 in Ireland but season 9 and 10 wud be fantastic! :)

Eoin
October 31st, 2005, 12:45 PM
Oh yes deffo we're only on season 8 in Ireland but season 9 and 10 wud be fantastic! :)
:confused:
Season 9 and season 3 is currently airing on sky one in Ireland, every tuesday for SG1 and every wednesday for SGA

Stargate #1 Fan
October 31st, 2005, 01:39 PM
yep i do!! i want to see a season 15:p

Anakin
October 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM
i just want to see if im not alone if my feelings:)
OK
now im asking how many ppl in gateworld wants to see a season 10 and 11

Heck I didn't even want a season 9... I wanted *SG1* to end by Jack's lake, and then a movie for them to finish on a nice touch.

Mind you, I wanted the give s9 a chance, I really did. But it's another show, with characters that have changed so much from the ones I originally liked, that I don't recognize them anyone. Yes, after 8 years one would expect some character development, but not that much!

TPTB should have been honest with everyone and rename the show (and yeah, I know it was discussed at some point), maybe then I could have expected a second season of the new show...
I'm a RDA fan and we don't even know for sure what's happened to him even though we've been promised that he'd be "kept alive". Well I don't like the way he's kept alive. Let general O'Neill retire at the end of s8, get him a proper exit and that's that. It's no big deal, RDA was always honest about the fact that he would not sign for a ninth season.

There are many things that bother me about s9 and now s10, and one sign is that "before", I'd try to get the episodes as soon as they aired, now I don't even bother... I'll catch it on TV when it gets here... Maybe. I won't go mad if I miss one episode, and I surely won't buy s9 boxset. These are not empty threats, these are no threats at all, simply the expression of a deep sadness and disappointment...

walter_MacChevron
October 31st, 2005, 06:38 PM
I like S9....best since season 5 or 6..............but if AT is gone for 10 episodes and MS is gone doing another project in S10..........it will suck a** i dont know what depths you have seen of sci-fi but all those changes might rival *shudders* Highlander season 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1DanielForMe
November 1st, 2005, 04:47 AM
Wait... Are you saying Daniel won't be a mainstay in season 10?!

GateFanTLH
November 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
Definately want to see season 10...really looking forward to it.:)

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 09:41 AM
like i said b4 i will wh8 and see i just have a funny feeling that every thing it going to turn out just fine but u never know :D

scifi woman
November 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM
I definitely want a Season 10. I have been watching Stargate for years now and I just love the way it evolved and I am also loving Season 9 with the new characters.

I know there are rumors running rampant right now about cast changes and certain people leaving, but folks, they are just rumors and until Season 10 goes into production and we are told by TPTB of any changes I am taking a wait and see attitude.

But based on the changes this season, I think all in all the show has benefited greatly (even tho I was sad to see RDA leave, but, hey, the guy wanted "a life" with his family....) Ben, Claudia, Beau, et al have done a great job. And, the ratings say it all.

Crichton
November 1st, 2005, 11:01 AM
I know there are rumors running rampant right now about cast changes and certain people leaving, but folks, they are just rumors and until Season 10 goes into production and we are told by TPTB of any changes I am taking a wait and see attitude
Even if they're true I'm still watching.
What else would I watch, reality TV?? :(

Sci Fi Friday is pretty much the only TV I even watch besides C-SPAN and CNN.

I'll watch The Triangle miniseries and The 4400 and also the new shows that the Sci Fi Channel are launching, something about a suburban town of secret government scientists where anything is possible??

misravot
November 1st, 2005, 11:03 AM
More than half the people responding don't want another season ? And they are Gaters ? Methinks someone is clearing cookies and voting over and over again. No matter. I wonder why people woud bother to hang around Gateworld Forums just to run down the show. Can it be these are of the stalker-fan variety ?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3685/djs90695fc.jpg

Crichton
November 1st, 2005, 11:07 AM
More than half the people responding don't want another season ? And they are Gaters ? Methinks someone is clearing cookies and voting over and over again. No matter. I wonder why people woud bother to hang around Gateworld Forums just to run down the show. Can it be these are of the stalker-fan variety ?
That is an interesting question I wouldn't mind getting an anwser to.
Why are you on Gateworld Forums if you're voting against a season 10??
I understand that there are forums for past seasons but it still seems a little weird. I also understand having many problems with season 9 but actually voting for no season 10 really baffles me too??

Albion
November 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
Yes, I'd very much like a S10 of SG1. Not sure I'm going to get it though, considering what the first half of S9 has been like. Or, S1 of SG:TNG as I'm tending more and more to think of it.

Still hoping for some good team in the second half. Maybe then I'll be really enthusiastic for S10! I can cope with most of the other drastic changes and the removal of core elements that made the show special for me. But the serious lack of team so far has been what's really destroyed my interest. Well, that and the fact that I have zero interest in the Jaffa Nation and the Ori (and still believe that putting on track two of The Omen soundtrack whenever your bad guys appear does not a great and scary villain make :rolleyes: ) :p So I'm hoping for some more exciting and intriguing storylines soon.

Albion :)

Crichton
November 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
Yes, I'd very much like a S10 of SG1. Not sure I'm going to get it though
You did hear that all three shows got renewed already, didn't you?? :eek:

scifi woman
November 1st, 2005, 04:01 PM

I'll watch The Triangle miniseries and The 4400 and also the new shows that the Sci Fi Channel are launching, something about a suburban town of secret government scientists where anything is possible??

Reality shows?? :eek: NEVER! I do love my Sci-Fi Friday nights. ;)

I was talking about reserving my opinion of how I would feel if Daniel and Sam were missing from Season 10. Wont know unless that happens. But ... I just read that AT will be back, as she just did a rumor-kill announcement :)

And put me in the "line-up" of getting that question answered: Why bother posting here at Gateworld if all you do is bash the program?

It sure would be nice if these people would just take that kind of "fandom" someplace else.

orii7
November 1st, 2005, 04:36 PM
Everybody i have seen something everyone will read and [I]try[I]to "make a point" or say something that acually is there opinion.but anyways no one will belive me so.i am seeing if how many posters will say "yes" or "no" to me showing a big spoiler that no one will ever believe (like anybody does)

The yes or no thing will end on wednessday (in central america time zone sorta thing)

P.S. everything i said in the first paragraph was in a depressed way.so read it like someone who is VERY depressed.cause i am ALWAYS VERY depressed.:( :( :(

P.S. it has something to do with what the topic of the thread is about.

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM

lol im with u on this one just give stargate in any way but please try and keepit some what the same

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 08:14 PM

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3685/djs90695fc.jpg
well im a true fan of stargate and im the one that asked that this be a poll and i started this thread when i started this all i wanted to know was what every one was thinking im glad there are ppl out there who still love stargate as much as i do
:) :) :) :)

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM
Reality shows?? :eek: NEVER! I do love my Sci-Fi Friday nights. ;)

I was talking about reserving my opinion of how I would feel if Daniel and Sam were missing from Season 10. Wont know unless that happens. But ... I just read that AT will be back, as she just did a rumor-kill announcement :)

And put me in the "line-up" of getting that question answered: Why bother posting here at Gateworld if all you do is bash the program?

It sure would be nice if these people would just take that kind of "fandom" someplace else.
ok were did u read this please tell me i was on the at officel website i did not read any thing on there

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 08:24 PM
Everybody i have seen something everyone will read and [I]try[I]to "make a point" or say something that acually is there opinion.but anyways no one will belive me so.i am seeing if how many posters will say "yes" or "no" to me showing a big spoiler that no one will ever believe (like anybody does)

The yes or no thing will end on wednessday (in central america time zone sorta thing)

P.S. everything i said in the first paragraph was in a depressed way.so read it like someone who is VERY depressed.cause i am ALWAYS VERY depressed.:( :( :(

P.S. it has something to do with what the topic of the thread is about.
ok what ru talking about im here if u want to talk or email and if u have some news about stargate i wood love to know :)

Pryito
November 1st, 2005, 08:31 PM
Sounds like you need to check out the Gate-aholics thread.

I don't have an addiction, I swear.

Im only watching season 1-8 again during the break, for the 3rd time. It keeps my mind off the season 9 mid-season cliffhanger.

starathena74
November 1st, 2005, 08:43 PM
I don't have an addiction, I swear.

Im only watching season 1-8 again during the break, for the 3rd time. It keeps my mind off the season 9 mid-season cliffhanger.
do not feel bad im on my 3 dvd player with in 2years and i think thats all the dvd player knows lol at self

dilligaf
November 1st, 2005, 11:53 PM
i havent seen season 9 yet but i think the way moebuis 2 ended was a good ending i wouldve been happy if they stoped sg1 there, but since they didnt i would love for them to go as long as they can

scifi woman
November 2nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
ok were did u read this please tell me i was on the at officel website i did not read any thing on there

Hi -- check it out --AT says she will return for Season 10

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/tappingclarifiescrossoverr.shtml

SGVern
November 2nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
I know. I wonder if we're going to see Sam "in that sweet tank top" any more.

the fifth man
November 2nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
I know. I wonder if we're going to see Sam "in that sweet tank top" any more.

Doubtful, but I'll be happy just having Sam around. Glad we don't seem to be losing her.

P-90_177
November 3rd, 2005, 02:46 AM
I think that SG-1 is still going on well enough to warrent a season 10, possibly a season 11 but it will only work as long as they have the majority of the original cast, at the moment it's ok because they have MS, AT and CJ still in it but if they go I think they'd be better off making another spin-off and ending SG-1. Actually another spin-off might be pretty cool providing they do it right and it would have to be based on Earth. But as long as they have good characters and good story lines I'm all for it.

starathena74
November 3rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
thank u to who every voted in my poll it makes me very happy:) :D

orii7
November 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Ok what i am about to say is somewhat offical i read somewhere (cant tell u were though its a secret) that the first written episode for season 10 is called "No Hope" and the first person casting in the episode is RDA (Richard dean anderson)

I know everybody will be like "no he isnt comeing back! thats not true!" or "i dont want him back!" or "u r lieing orii7,u lied about that other thing about the SGA episode Allies!" so if u r going to say anything negitive torwards me or say "dont take this offensive",keep it to yourself for it is still offensive to me!

anything positive is welcome to me i like being nice to people and people being nice to me.

starathena74
November 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Ok what i am about to say is somewhat offical i read somewhere (cant tell u were though its a secret) that the first written episode for season 10 is called "No Hope" and the first person casting in the episode is RDA (Richard dean anderson)

I know everybody will be like "no he isnt comeing back! thats not true!" or "i dont want him back!" or "u r lieing orii7,u lied about that other thing about the SGA episode Allies!" so if u r going to say anything negitive torwards me or say "dont take this offensive",keep it to yourself for it is still offensive to me!

anything positive is welcome to me i like being nice to people and people being nice to me.
my feeling is that rda wll come back 4 season 10 i have been saying this to some of my friend who like that show as much as me i said that he will be back i have been saying sence the end of season 8 but u never know whats going to happen he may or may not come back
but one can only hope im going to just wh8 and see

and if u ever need to talk to some one im here if u need me

orii7
November 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
my feeling is that rda wll come back 4 season 10 i have been saying this to some of my friend who like that show as much as me i said that he will be back i have been saying sence the end of season 8 but u never know whats going to happen he may or may not come back
but one can only hope im going to just wh8 and see

and if u ever need to talk to some one im here if u need me

Thank u starathena74,if ya dont mind i added u to my buddy list.u r my first friend on here ya know. BTW if ya want to know where i got the info from, just PM for it.

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Thank u starathena74,if ya dont mind i added u to my buddy list.u r my first friend on here ya know. BTW if ya want to know where i got the info from, just PM for it.
go a head and add me to your buddy list im still trying to get the hung of pming ppl lol at self

knowles2
November 4th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I have not seen season nine but I hurd they have brought in new enemy and a lot of new characters. So I think that would need at least one more season but possibly more about five more season. This is so they can it to a very good ending and explain everthing that we want to know. And I would hate it if stargate ended so many other sci fi have ended when the producer and cast do not get the chance to complete there stories.

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 11:31 AM
A decent run for a good scifi show is about 6-7 seasons. Taking into account that both SG-1 and SG-A have some new cast members that would be apporximated as a new show, so to give the cast a fair shot, hopefully another 4-5 more seasons would be good.

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I have not seen season nine but I hurd they have brought in new enemy and a lot of new characters. So I think that would need at least one more season but possibly more about five more season. This is so they can it to a very good ending and explain everthing that we want to know. And I would hate it if stargate ended so many other sci fi have ended when the producer and cast do not get the chance to complete there stories.
1st welcome to this forum and some time u have to take a look at season 9 its really not to back at all i like it

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM
A decent run for a good scifi show is about 6-7 seasons. Taking into account that both SG-1 and SG-A have some new cast members that would be apporximated as a new show, so to give the cast a fair shot, hopefully another 4-5 more seasons would be good.
your right that they shold go more in to the story of every new cast member i wood love know more about them

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
unless by some freak of nature they do not renew the show after this next season.

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:46 AM
im just hopeing they stay on the air 4 15 seasons but i think thats asking to much but one cann only hope:D

Lida
November 4th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I believe we all already know there is going to be a season 10. I believe the better question would be, can the PTB pull a rabbit of their hats, and save SG-1, so there is a season 11? I have watched SG-1 since it first premiered on Showtime, and then switched over to Sci-Fi. I have never missed an episode (shows you how I plan my Fridays ;) ), however, this year something was "missing", and it wasn't just RDA. The chemistry that made the show so fantastic just didn't seem to be there. Perhaps the introduction of so many new characters and plots have made it difficult for the writers to more fully develop the characters, so I'm very much hoping that season 10 gives them that chance. I miss SG-1.....I want that chemistry back. But that's just my very humble opinion and opinions are a dime a dozen.:)

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Bullwinkle: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Stargate out of my hat!

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:53 AM
I believe we all already know there is going to be a season 10. I believe the better question would be, can the PTB pull a rabbit of their hats, and save SG-1, so there is a season 11? I have watched SG-1 since it first premiered on Showtime, and then switched over to Sci-Fi. I have never missed an episode (shows you how I plan my Fridays ;) ), however, this year something was "missing", and it wasn't just RDA. The chemistry that made the show so fantastic just didn't seem to be there. Perhaps the introduction of so many new characters and plots have made it difficult for the writers to more fully develop the characters, so I'm very much hoping that season 10 gives them that chance. I miss SG-1.....I want that chemistry back. But that's just my very humble opinion and opinions are a dime a dozen.:)
go back to the 1st page i also asked about season 11

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
wow im now a super soldier cool:D

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM
im just glad ppl r voteing on my poll thank u:D :D

skritsys
November 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I love to vote!

starathena74
November 4th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I love to vote!
lol so do i

Missster.Freeman
November 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Yes I do, and I'm happy it's been confirmed. As for season 11, I would like it to happen. Hmm.. But it might just be a season too far imho

rohannen of zorbia
November 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I don't understand why there are so many doom-sayers. Yes, S9 feels a little weighed-down. Aside from the Vala-Daniel bantering and a little fun dialogue on the part of Mitchell, we've been sort of starved for the kind of humor that made us fall in love with the show. But be patient. The show is going through a big swing in plot and the cast is practically brand-new. They just need to get some exposition out of the way and get their rhythms in place and they'll be back where they were in no time.

Imagine a man and a woman who go out on a couple of dates. The third one is almost perfect. The conversation is easy and fun and thought-provoking. They talk about everything from books and music to space travel and religion and they connect really well with each other. On top of that, the sparks fly. At the end of the date, they make love. It's not as perfect as the date was. In the middle of everything, the guy bumps his head on the bedboard hard enough that he has to stop and lay down and recover. He laughs about it, but the woman is less than amused. The romantic mood has died. The perfection of the date has ended. She tells him to pack up his stuff and go home.

Those who claim that SG1 is going down the tubes right now remind me a lot of the woman in that little fable. So we've hit a bump. It's unavoidable. A major turning point has been reached, and the show is going to have to adjust to the changes.

starathena74
November 5th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I don't understand why there are so many doom-sayers. Yes, S9 feels a little weighed-down. Aside from the Vala-Daniel bantering and a little fun dialogue on the part of Mitchell, we've been sort of starved for the kind of humor that made us fall in love with the show. But be patient. The show is going through a big swing in plot and the cast is practically brand-new. They just need to get some exposition out of the way and get their rhythms in place and they'll be back where they were in no time.

Imagine a man and a woman who go out on a couple of dates. The third one is almost perfect. The conversation is easy and fun and thought-provoking. They talk about everything from books and music to space travel and religion and they connect really well with each other. On top of that, the sparks fly. At the end of the date, they make love. It's not as perfect as the date was. In the middle of everything, the guy bumps his head on the bedboard hard enough that he has to stop and lay down and recover. He laughs about it, but the woman is less than amused. The romantic mood has died. The perfection of the date has ended. She tells him to pack up his stuff and go home.

Those who claim that SG1 is going down the tubes right now remind me a lot of the woman in that little fable. So we've hit a bump. It's unavoidable. A major turning point has been reached, and the show is going to have to adjust to the changes.
1st welcome to the forum there or still alot of us the still do love stargate

rohannen of zorbia
November 5th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome. And good for us.

BlueCat...Gater
November 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM
1st welcome to the forum there or still alot of us the still do love stargate

That's for sure. Lots of us gaters are still elated that there's going to be a season 10! Does the Happy Dance :D :D

bluestrike
November 5th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I would have to vote no. The show has lost whatever magic it used to have. Atlantis is a weak show, and in turn it has weakened the main show SG-1. It is just not that much fun to watch anymore.

orii7
November 6th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I would have to vote no. The show has lost whatever magic it used to have. Atlantis is a weak show, and in turn it has weakened the main show SG-1. It is just not that much fun to watch anymore.

Whatever! u just dont have a brain anymore do ya? huh? HUH???

sorry my grandpa died last friday and i looked at his dead body a few minuets ago so ya the night feels strange and i am NOT happy! everything around me is "collapsing" all around me and i am HATEING it!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracker
November 6th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Bullwinkle: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Stargate out of my hat!
LOL!

Seriously, I agree with those of y'all who have said that we need to give the new cast (and the writers dealing with said cast) a chance. This is waaay different when Michael Shanks left for a year. That was only one cast member. This year it we have Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, with the addition of Louis Gosset (sp?) and Lexa Doig. That's FOUR people. Not counting Vala who was from last season.
So...you have four new cast members, plus the fact that Amanda Tapping was off being a mom (congrats Amanda!) for the first part of the season..you've got one weird season going for all involved. I see a lot of potential in the Orii as villians, and potential of the new SG1 as a group. Give them til the end of this season to make your final judgements, but for me personally, I hope this show keeps going. It's truely one of the few good shows left on TV.

IMHO ;)

P-90_177
November 7th, 2005, 03:38 AM
OK now that I have seen more of the season: THERE WILL BE A SEASON 10 OR ELSE!!! IN FACT I'M TEMPTED TO SAY THAT IF THERE ISN'T I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CHOSE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH IT!!! But I'm not that sadistic.

orii7
November 7th, 2005, 05:06 PM
OK now that I have seen more of the season: THERE WILL BE A SEASON 10 OR ELSE!!! IN FACT I'M TEMPTED TO SAY THAT IF THERE ISN'T I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CHOSE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH IT!!! But I'm not that sadistic.

Uuuuhhh dude.....there IS a season 10 of SG1.....didnt u look at the news on the GateWorld Home Page?

creed462
November 7th, 2005, 06:27 PM
but of course

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome. And good for us.
any time us gatehead need to stick togetther lol

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:01 PM
That's for sure. Lots of us gaters are still elated that there's going to be a season 10! Does the Happy Dance :D :D
yes im still doing the happy dance btw dance with me im so happy about season 10

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM
welcome to the forum

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Whatever! u just dont have a brain anymore do ya? huh? HUH???

sorry my grandpa died last friday and i looked at his dead body a few minuets ago so ya the night feels strange and i am NOT happy! everything around me is "collapsing" all around me and i am HATEING it!!!!!!!!!!!
if u ever need to talk im here i know the feeling

the fifth man
November 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Uuuuhhh dude.....there IS a season 10 of SG1.....

Ahh, I just can't help but smile every time I'm reminded of that fact. I hope this Season 10 renewal is just the beginning.

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:05 PM
LOL!

Seriously, I agree with those of y'all who have said that we need to give the new cast (and the writers dealing with said cast) a chance. This is waaay different when Michael Shanks left for a year. That was only one cast member. This year it we have Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, with the addition of Louis Gosset (sp?) and Lexa Doig. That's FOUR people. Not counting Vala who was from last season.
So...you have four new cast members, plus the fact that Amanda Tapping was off being a mom (congrats Amanda!) for the first part of the season..you've got one weird season going for all involved. I see a lot of potential in the Orii as villians, and potential of the new SG1 as a group. Give them til the end of this season to make your final judgements, but for me personally, I hope this show keeps going. It's truely one of the few good shows left on TV.

IMHO ;)
im still hopeing that rda comes back :)

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
wow some one who thinks like i do give them a big hug

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Uuuuhhh dude.....there IS a season 10 of SG1.....didnt u look at the news on the GateWorld Home Page?
ok lets all play nice please :) one thing i do know is that we love stargate

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Ahh, I just can't help but smile every time I'm reminded of that fact. I hope this Season 10 renewal is just the beginning.
hey 5th u and me both

starathena74
November 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
hey 5th u and me both
hey 5th how much stargate stuff do u have

Desl
November 8th, 2005, 05:42 AM

I personally think this season is great, it's really fresh and had some brilliant episodes and special effects

I think: Give them a chance to make it better next time. :) I love SG, even if there are some bad episodes. Well, but sometimes it is better if it stops (like Star Trek: Enterprise). :( But I don't want this with SG-1, yet.

starathena74
November 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I think: Give them a chance to make it better next time. :) I love SG, even if there are some bad episodes. Well, but sometimes it is better if it stops (like Star Trek: Enterprise). :( But I don't want this with SG-1, yet.
its ok not every well love every episodes there are a few that do love every episodes and i am one of them

starathena74
November 9th, 2005, 09:31 PM
sob what know one want to talk to me about stargate any more
:(

starathena74
November 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM
what dose every think if they do season 11

orii7
November 12th, 2005, 07:11 PM
ok lets all play nice please :) one thing i do know is that we love stargate

Im wasnt being mean....i was confused about if that guy knew about season 10 or not

BTW y the heck do i have to be jaffa fodder....im an orii for doci's sake!....lol :) :) :) :)