Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reserving judgment until I see how the rest of S9 plays out.
    sigpic

Comment

Well unfortunetly I haven't seen S9...apart from Avalon (dam you SkyOne) but from the sounds of it, it will be going on for a 10th.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        if its of the same quality and vein as this season so far, definately not.
        Ive seen alot of people on the Gateworld forum that disagree with that statement. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

I personally think this season is great, it's really fresh and had some brilliant episodes and special effects

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
          Ive seen alot of people on the Gateworld forum that disagree with that statement. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

I personally think this season is great, it's really fresh and had some brilliant episodes and special effects
          by the same token there are a whole lot of people that agree with it. there are a whole lot of people that have been wanting the series to end since the end of season 6. i used to disagree with those people vehemenetly. i was a very big supporter of season 9 and before this season a season 10, but seeing how they have squandered and misused the series potential amkes me wish they had ended it a while ago when it could have gone out on top instead of this slow death through apathy and decay.

Comment

by the same token there are a whole lot of people that agree with it. there are a whole lot of people that have been wanting the series to end since the end of season 6. i used to disagree with those people vehemenetly. i was a very big supporter of season 9 and before this season a season 10, but seeing how they have squandered and misused the series potential amkes me wish they had ended it a while ago when it could have gone out on top instead of this slow death through apathy and decay.
            Not trying to be a b*****d or anything, but if so many people dont like it why are the ratings doing so well? How come sci fi has had it's best third quarter ever? Do people watch it because they dont like it these days? But if you don't like the first half spg just dont watch the second half.

Comment

Im all for a season 10 and lots more seasons
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I am for a season 10.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Not trying to be a b*****d or anything, but if so many people dont like it why are the ratings doing so well? How come sci fi has had it's best third quarter ever? Do people watch it because they dont like it these days? But if you don't like the first half spg just dont watch the second half.
                  in fact the ratings arent doing that well. the mid season finale for Atlantis had the lowest ratings in that series history and sg-1's mid season finale was the lowest rating all season, and there was a steady down ward curve in its ratings all season. so you can not say the ratings are doing so great. and why should i have to stop watching it? ive been watching it for years, i no longer have a right to demand quality programming? i think its sad that rabid fanboys and girls are willing to accept substandard crap and then when anyone calls TPTB on it say they shouldnt watch it.

Comment

I want one.

Comment

Dude, spg 1983, you need to stop whining. It is a fact the SG1 and SGA are getting great ratings. Look it up on gateworld on the past seasons and what the ratings were. A LOT LOWER. Lower than the lowest this season.

Season six's low was 1.4
                      Season seven's low was 1.2
                      Season eights low was 1.7

Your looking for reasons to not like this season. Ratings isn't one of them.
                      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

in fact the ratings arent doing that well. the mid season finale for Atlantis had the lowest ratings in that series history and sg-1's mid season finale was the lowest rating all season, and there was a steady down ward curve in its ratings all season. so you can not say the ratings are doing so great. and why should i have to stop watching it? ive been watching it for years, i no longer have a right to demand quality programming? i think its sad that rabid fanboys and girls are willing to accept substandard crap and then when anyone calls TPTB on it say they shouldnt watch it.
                        Ive been with stargate since season 1 and i'm only 15. I dont think it's crap, and to me thats all that matters. The episodes have been of a great quality in my opinion, and i'm not just being biased.
                        And if you despise it and think it's crap why do you continue to watch it. Give me a proper answer because your whole 'you can't stop me watching it' *****y thing wasnt a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                          Dude, spg 1983, you need to stop whining. It is a fact the SG1 and SGA are getting great ratings. Look it up on gateworld on the past seasons and what the ratings were. A LOT LOWER. Lower than the lowest this season.

Season six's low was 1.4
                          Season seven's low was 1.2
                          Season eights low was 1.7

Your looking for reasons to not like this season. Ratings isn't one of them.
                          There you go.

Comment

Ive been with stargate since season 1 and i'm only 15. I dont think it's crap, and to me thats all that matters. The episodes have been of a great quality in my opinion, and i'm not just being biased.
                            And if you despise it and think it's crap why do you continue to watch it. Give me a proper answer because your whole 'you can't stop me watching it' *****y thing wasnt a very good one.
                            LOL i watch it because it WAS good and im hopefull that someday it can be good again. its funny how i never said anything about anyone ELSE watching it or liking it, this is an opinion thread asking who wants a season 10. I said I didn't because the show isn't as good as it used to be. Did i say people should stop watching it? No I didn't. You are the one being a stargate fascist saying that anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't watch. I love how you fanboys are so paranoid and desperate to keep anyone from speaking ill against your precious stargate you can not entertain the thought of people not liking it anymore!

Comment

I do, too.

And more
                              sigpic

Comment

Season 10, definitely. And several more after that, I think. I like what tptb have done overall with the Ori so far, and like the new additions to the cast. The new direction the show is taking has real potential.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X