This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past, Present and Futures Earth based Personal Weapon

The Purpose of this thread is to discuss any suggestions/comments on the Past, Present and Futures Earth based Personal Weapon that can be used by SG Personell

Example of Personal weapon are:
    1. P90
    2. 9mm Pistol
    3. Zat-niketel
    4. Jaffa/Goaul'd Staff Weapon

Especially suggestion on personal weapon that can be used to eliminate Wraith or the Prior of the Orii in One shot kill.
    Last edited by coolekr; 16 October 2005, 02:34 AM.

And the purpose of this thread is.......?

Proud Supporter of:
    - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
    - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

ditto...............
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

maybe, which weapon would you have, in which case i would choose Zat-niketel

Comment

Zat niketel might not kill the Wraith.

Maybe replacing the traditional ammo rounds such as 9mm or P90 ammo, with trinium based ammo with Wraith biological weapon implanted. Bio weapon that Becket is currently researching. The bio weapon will only affect the Wraith physiology not human.

Comment

Personally, I'd want one of those Sodan staff weapons. They seem to have a higher rate of fire than normal and theyre small and easy to carry. That, with a 9mm of course for a sidearm...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
            Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
            Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

i produce a hand held rail gun that i designed and use that, sure the priors can stop bullets but can it stop 60 nukes (sort of) per second firing at it.
              The EMRG-1000 or Advanced Objective Individual Combat Weapon (AOICW): (under development)

The OICW model of the early 21stcentury was upgraded with advanced electromagnetic propulsion technology in 2007, giving it a stopping power greater than any human handheld weapon ever built. Since renamed the EMRG-1000, standing for Electro Magnetic Rail Gun – 1000 (1000 equalling the km’s per hour that is the approximate top speed, almost mach 4).
              Naquada tipped pellets are fired at almost mach 4 and destroy most surfaces or pass through them as well as force shields making this gun more powerful and deadly than any weapon previously developed for war. Each magazine carries 80 pellets and each pellet is in effect it own naquada enhanced missile, the force of the bullet colliding with a ship in low orbit or in the atmosphere is able to disable shields or destroy the craft completely. Because of the destructive power of the gun, passcodes are required to activate the rail gun technology when the naquada tipped pellets are loaded, to prevent ‘accidents’ happening. Other pellets can be used with the technology including the new trinium pellet, which although the destructive power is not as great is the equivalent of firing a grenade per pellet in to enemy.
              In addition to the rail gun the EMRG-1000 is also equipped with a SMG on par with the P-90 SMG’s capabilities.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

I like the OICW idea. The weapon may be use to fire a wraith dart or damaged scout or cruiser when inside planet atmosphere.

I think with regard to killing a Prior, you only need to make the Anti Ori dissrupter wave (The prototype was build by Dr. Lee and Sam Carter in episode 9-10 - The Fourth Hoursemen) in a compact size. Possibly integrated with the OICW.

Another thing that will be nice is a wraith wave dissruptor. This will disable a wraith culling beam or wraith telepathic ability when they are close within 1-5 miles radius of the weapon. Since Zelenka was able to recover a downed wraith dart in episode "Duet", they might be able to put together this type of dissruptor.

Comment

Forget handheld weapons, the SGC needs to work on recreating the ribbon device shield or the Kull armor, possibly both.

For handheld weapons, it would be best to use a combonation to enery weapons and projectile throwers, depending on the situation. Energy weapons make a good fallback with a very high ammunition limit should one be caught in an extended firefight. However, there are some things that projectile weapons can do that energy weapons can't. Opperate in dampening fields, for example.

A version of the kull wrist gun would be perfect for close combat due to its ease of use and high rate of fire. However, it lacks long range accuracy and would have to be supplimented by some sort of battle rifle.

I am skeptical of the OICW concept. In many ways it violates the KISS rule. However, one cannot deny the usefullness of airburst grenades so it is a possibility.

A railgun, however, would certainly violate the KISS rule to the detriment of of the soldier. Magnetic propulsion has the peotential to provide very high velocities, however, it wouldn't give a significant increase in accuracy or a significant increase in penetration at rifle ranges.
                  Electromagnetic prpulsion would requare a great deal of electrical power and rather large electromagnetic rails. The weapon be heavier, it wouldn't be able to opperate in dampening fields and the soldier would have to worry about battery power on top of ammo. For an infantry projectile weapon, smokeless powder is still the superior propellant.

Of course, these are the teams that attempts to use a personal defense weapon in place of a battle rifle so the realisticly effective of weapon choice isn't exactly their top priority.

Comment

I wonder if they still have any of those Tollan hand weapons lying around, those were very advanced, they might be able to go through some types of sheilds..

But I agree with the above posts, I'd like to see SG-1 adopt the XM8 weapon system.

Oh and since this thread includes past weapons, early on in SG-1, they used MP5s.
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

sorry but what is the XM8 weapons system.

Comment

The XM8 is the first practical application of the OICW program concept (It is made by the US subsidiary of the German arms maker H&K). Google it for more info. Basically its a program set up to replace the M16/M4 system which is standard in the US military right now (well, the Marines anyways).

I am skeptical of the OICW concept. In many ways it violates the KISS rule.
                        Well a lot of the more advanced stuff may or may not be used. They are finding ways to fight the "information overload" that a soldier would besubjected to by this system, that seems to be a big drawback.

However the XM8, the first rifle system to come out of the program doesn't include any of the more advanced systems that have never been seen before. Instead it as less moving parts, needs less maintainance , anc even costs less than an M4 to produce. If you put the spec sheets side by side, you can see that the XM8 is superior to the M4 in virtually every way. Also, it is far more flexible with features such as variable caliber (you can replace the barrel of the standard assult rifle model with a longer sharpshooter version, in the field, and you can also change its caliber if you chose). They claim that a soldier could, if needed do that in the field, although I'm not sure how practical it would be.

The only hesitation they seem to have is that the XM8 is evolutionary rather than revolutionary. While it is a significant improvement, it won't change the face of combat as we know it, or anything as grand as that. The concern in it's adoption seems to be whether a marginal improvement (albeit in every area) is worth the cost.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

like the look of that, its the weapon they are issued with in the new ghost recon/CGS game fro Xbox 360 right; or look exactly the same! well if i was to create weapon now id go for that + my rail gun mods, with a naquadah feul cell
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

The guys in Atlantis should hunt through the database for the specs of the sidearms the crew of the Aurora had, being Ancient designed I'm sure they'd be pretty useful. Maybe there are a few lying around in armouries dotted about the city if we are lucky.......and there might even be a more powerful rifle version too!

Comment

Maybe if there could be some kind of hybrid gun that could combine projectile bullets with some type of atomic energy, then that would do the trick.
                              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                              Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                              X