• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaugier Previews Painkiller Jane

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32827

Vaugier Previews Painkiller Jane

Emmanuelle Vaugier, who stars in the SCI FI Channel's upcoming two-hour pilot Painkiller Jane, told SCI FI Wire that she viewed her character, Jane Browning, and her alter ego, Painkiller Jane, as variations on the same character. The pilot, based on the Event Comics series, will premiere Dec. 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Painkiller Jane centers on the title heroine, a young Marine officer who gains rapid self-healing powers after being exposed to a biochemical weapon. "They're slightly different, yet the same," Vaugier (Smallville) said in an interview. "Jane doesn't become a different person, necessarily, but things happen in her life that change her perspective on life in general, on who she is, and she starts to question a lot of things. So in her transformation into Painkiller Jane, she becomes a little more hardened and a little more skeptical of the world around her. I didn't treat them as two entirely different characters, but there definitely is a shift that happens."

Vaugier added that she hopes Painkiller Jane will become a weekly series on SCI FI, as she's eager to see how the character might develop. "The possibilities are really neverending," she said. "I think it'd be something fun to do as a series. It would be physically challenging and, I hope, challenging as an actress as well, depending on what they have me do and where the storyline goes. But it's definitely something I'd love to see, and I'd love to see where the arc of the character would lead us."
    sigpic
Working...
X