• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Found Doom Shoot Hellish

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32780

Rock Found Doom Shoot Hellish

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who stars in the upcoming video-game adaptation Doom, told SCI FI Wire he was miserable during his months of filming in Prague. "It was an intense shoot, to be very honest with you," Johnson said in an interview. "I was away from home. We were in Prague for four months on a soundstage and never saw the sun. We'd wake up at four and five o'clock in the morning, and there was no sun. We'd get back home at eight o'clock, and there was no sun. You'd come out of the soundstage, and there'd be no sun. So you never saw the sun."

Even though the film brought to life one of his favorite video games, becoming the character Sarge weighed heavily on Johnson's psyche. "Every day, there we were being chased," he said. "We're chasing. There's death. There's my men getting their heads ripped off, and just death and dying all day. So it was an intense shoot. And the corridor, they did a great job set-wise in that it was dark and eerie. It was everything that Doom should be, and we lived it every day. So it was intense."

Keeping sane through the entire shoot as the lead character was a challenge for Johnson. "I called my agent and I said, 'First of all, I'm miserable,'" he said. "You're away from home, and your family isn't there. I did find great places to eat, and I'm kind of like a cow, in that if I'm watered and fed I can work. You can work me all day, and I'm good to go. But I called my agent and I said, 'Please, just give me a satellite. That's all I need so that I can just watch anything other than CNN international.' That was the only thing on, and it was driving me crazy. But they got me my satellite, and that was it. It was a tough shoot though, and intense. We worked six-day weeks a lot, and French hours, where there is no lunch break. The guys just keep walking around with food, and you sort of pick at it, and that was it. I was able to find a good gym. I got up every morning and trained and ate well, and that was it."

Doom also stars Rosamund Pike and Karl Urban. It opens Oct. 21 and is being released by Universal Pictures, a division of NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.
    sigpic
Working...
X