This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Hunters

What's your take on the sci-fi show? I enjoy it...just wish they'd find more ghosts!
    sigpic

I love ghost hunters! Grant and Jason crack me up, espically when they go wandering off on their own and scare themselves.

I agree, it'd be great if they came away from each case/episode with tons of evidence, evps and video. But when they don't find anything, you at least know they're not one of those groups who turns a creaking stair into a tragic ghost story.

But they have had some interesting 'encounters.' The chair moving, the apparition on the catwalk at the penetentiary, and the sound man who got knocked on his back...

It would recommend it.

Comment

The show is awesome...unfortunately I don't get to watch it that much as of late with the baseball seson, but as soon as it's over I can catch up

Comment

Originally posted by debskec
        I love ghost hunters! Grant and Jason crack me up, espically when they go wandering off on their own and scare themselves.

I agree, it'd be great if they came away from each case/episode with tons of evidence, evps and video. But when they don't find anything, you at least know they're not one of those groups who turns a creaking stair into a tragic ghost story.

But they have had some interesting 'encounters.' The chair moving, the apparition on the catwalk at the penetentiary, and the sound man who got knocked on his back...

It would recommend it.
        I 100% with ya! :-) I love it! Its a good mid-week pick me up! ;-)
        sigpic

Comment

Aww...this thread is neglected. I didn't even know it was here. I love the show myself. I just don't like the way SciFi has it scheduled. I thought they had a season three but it was the rest of season two...grr. This also happens to be the only reality show I would ever watch.

I'm glad they don't go for every piece of 'evidence'. They debunk everything they can to show accurate results. That's what surprised me when I saw the first episode, they weren't like all those other groups...ones on travel channel...they actually viewed it scientifically. Only thing I don't like is having to hear Brian talk about how he screwed up and him asking everyone if things are 'ok'. Enough of the drama! Bring on more ghosts.
          "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

I love Ghost Hunters! I agree, they're very professional the way they handle all their "evidence"- the people on the Travel Channel hear one little noise (or make one up) and freak out. Especially all the pictures or video they find that's actually pieces of dust floating around, I hate it when the people on the Travel Channel are like "It's an orb!" I think we need to get the two groups together...
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Ghost Hunters is definitely a very enjoyable show to watch IMO. I like how professional they all are at T.A.P.S.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I like this show as well; it's almost like the ones on the Discovery channel but better. Sci-fi should really promote it more rather than Eureka every time there are commercials breaks on Sci-Fi
                sigpic

Comment

I also like the fact their vans only say TAPS. They don't blare the fact they are checking for paranormal activity like most do.

Even though season 2 is over, I hope there will be another Halloween special. Anyways, I am glad to see this thread is active again!

Comment

I know it's a long shot, but did anyone go to their panels at DragonCon this past weekend? Would love to see what they're like in person!

Comment

I enjoy Ghost Hunters.

Though I do question the reality of it sometimes.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                        I enjoy Ghost Hunters.

Though I do question the reality of it sometimes.
                        I never had a second thought thinking their cases were made up or exaggerated. If you ever watched those ghost hunters on, what is it Travel Channel, they are far more 'out in space'. I was a little worried at first, when in the second season, they moved to a building in town and refitted a van with high-tech gear. I was afraid SciFi would of skewed them into the realm of simply chasing ghosts and not actually trying to prove anything. So far that hasn't happened. They still seem very professional.

Comment

Hey, there is an older thread for this, but it fell of the forum. I just kicked it back to the front, so maybe a mod could merge these... just a thought...
                          older thread here
                          Spoiler:
                          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                          I caught frogs and called them prince
                          And made myself a queen
                          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                          I slept in castles and fell in love
                          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                          To capture tinkerbell
                          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                          And anything I can to get by
                          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Just found this thread. I enjoy Ghost Hunters too. I really like the fact that they go in trying to debunk everything - I guess it's my own scientific background. And sometimes it's fun watching them goof around.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              I love Ghost Hunters! I agree, they're very professional the way they handle all their "evidence"- the people on the Travel Channel hear one little noise (or make one up) and freak out. Especially all the pictures or video they find that's actually pieces of dust floating around, I hate it when the people on the Travel Channel are like "It's an orb!" I think we need to get the two groups together...
                              I think the Ghost Hunters might beat up the Travel Channel guys (what is it Most Haunted?). I had my doubts about it but only because it was on Sci Fi, and you tend to think "fake" when you hear Sci Fi. On the plus side the Hunters are all hilarious and entertaining characters. I can't wait for it to restart.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X