• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spy Hunter III Segues To Film

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32812

Spy Hunter III Segues To Film

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson told SCI FI Wire he just finished the filming necessary for the upcoming video game Spy Hunter III, and he's gearing up for the big-screen version of it for next year. Johnson is a self-proclaimed fan of video games. "Oh yeah, man, I love it," the former professional wrestler said in an interview for Doom, his recent video-game-to-movie project. "I have an Xbox and PS2. I had the Xbox in my trailer during the movie."

Johnson is signed on to do a film version of Spy Hunter, helmed by director John Woo (who is also directing He-Man). "Right now I'm concentrating on Spy Hunter," Johnson said. "I just did the motion capture for Spy Hunter III, the video game, which was cool because that allows you to get out of the car now. It's really cool."

As for the film version, Johnson is raring to go. "We're waiting, but that's going to be with Universal and this is one of those projects where we've had eight writers on Spy Hunter, and great writers, too," he said. "[There are] millions of dollars being spent, but it's one of those things where you don't want to rush it. You just don't want to make any type of movie. It's such a special movie, conceptually, and it's so cool with the cool. And you're the hunter of spies."

The game follows the story of a former F-15 pilot, Alec Sects (portrayed by Johnson), who becomes part of the International Espionage Services, a quasi-governmental agency nicknamed Spy Hunters. They have an experimental car called a G-6155 Interceptor, with all kinds of weapons and the ability to transform into a boat or motorcycle.

Screenwriters taking a crack at the movie have included Mark Swift and Damian Shannon (who co-wrote Freddy vs. Jason), Zak Penn (Fantastic Four), Michael Brandt and Derek Haas (who co-wrote 2 Fast 2 Furious and Catch that Kid) and now Stuart Beattie (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl). "We all believe that Stuart Beattie will come through," Johnson said. "He wrote Pirates of the Caribbean and Collateral, and so we're waiting."

Johnson said the final draft of the script rewrite will get to him soon. "Fingers are crossed, but it should be in in about a week."
    sigpic

There's going to be another He-man movie? *cheers*

Comment

Working...
    X