• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Guns For Doom Girl

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32811

No Guns For Doom Girl

Rosamund Pike, who plays Dr. Samantha Grimm in Doom, told SCI FI Wire that her character never touches a gun in the film, on purpose. "She's dressed in white and she doesn't shoot a gun," Pike said in an interview. "I guess it's to prove that she can get through all the carnage without being armed."

The movie co-stars Karl Urban as Samantha's brother, John, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Sarge. Pike said she's a bit disappointed that she doesn't get to do some of the high-action shooting and stunts that her counterparts do in the video-game-turned-movie. "I was all prepared for it after being a Bond girl," said Pike, who played Miranda Frost in Die Another Day. "The stunt coordinator gave me an extra gun and I was practicing how to fall down, roll over and come up firing. I got really good at it, but I didn't get the chance to use my skills."

The actress said she didn't know about the game Doom and still has never watched it being played. She said she was concerned about the violent nature of the movie at first, but liked the idea that director Andrze Bartowiak said they weren't going to scale back the violence. "I thought for a long time about what I am saying about being in it," Pike said. "I wondered if it showed that I support violence, but it's so unreal, the explosions and the fire. It's more about the action. I'm against people thinking that it's real. The violence is such a fantasy."

At one point, Sam's brother hands her something in the film that looks like a little gun, but it's not. "He gives me a radio to help me. That's it, a radio!" she said.

When and if there's a Doom sequel, Pike said she hopes to play the character again. "Maybe then she will become a bionic woman of sorts and they'll give her a gun," she said. "Maybe she'll come back and be a little less uptight."

Doom opens Oct. 21 and is being released by Universal Pictures, a division of NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.com.
    sigpic

Pike

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Working...
    X