• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegg Joins MI: 3

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32776

Pegg Joins MI: 3

Shaun of the Dead star Simon Pegg has signed on to join Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Pegg will play an ally of Cruise's character, Special Agent Ethan Hunt.

Director J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias) told the news service that he pursued Pegg because of his work in the British zombie comedy. "I've been dying to work with Simon since I saw Shaun of the Dead," he said. "His comedic skill is remarkable; he's able to be hysterically funny while always seeming 100% real, even when he's killing zombies with vinyl records."

Pegg is the latest addition to the large ensemble cast, which also includes Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishburne, Billy Crudup, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Keri Russell and Maggie Q. The film is produced by Cruise and Paula Wagner through their C/W Productions. It's scheduled for release on May 5.
    sigpic

finally....proof that they've been comedies from the beginning and not just really badly acted dramas!
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

i won't pass judgement until i see the movie, but is this a good choice?

hopefully he won't become comic relief and will have a serious role similar to Ricky Gervias when he guest starred in an episode of Alias

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X