• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire- Rock: Southland Is Bleak

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32793

Rock: Southland Is Bleak

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who just finished filming Southland Tales, told SCI FI Wire he doesn't necessarily share the pessimistic view of the future written by the film's director, Richard Kelly. "It's true, it's only a few years from now, set in 2008," The Rock said in an interview. "It's not one of those $150 million [films like] War of the Worlds, and it's one of those special movies that moves people and inspires them."

Johnson described the film, from the writer and director of Donnie Darko, as both an SF thriller and a musical comedy which takes a bleak look at Los Angeles and the future of the entertainment industry. The former professional wrestler said Kelly is keeping the story under wraps, but revealed some details about his character. Johnson plays Boxer Santaros, a film star who is kidnapped, has amnesia and tries to figure out his identity. He ends up foreseeing the end of the world.

"I feel I can come in and do well with, and work with, good directors like Richard Kelly, who just did Southland Tales with me," Johnson said. "I play a paranoid schizophrenic. I have Sarah Michelle Gellar as my girlfriend. Mandy Moore as my wife. There's a lot going on. I hear voices and that stuff."

The large cast also includes Seann William Scott, Kevin Smith, Bai Ling, Jon Lovitz, Justin Timberlake, Miranda Richardson, John Larroquette and many others. Southland Tales is due for release next year.
    sigpic

I am looking forward to it a lot
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I didn't know anything about the movie when I read this post but I just checked out the premise on IMDB. For some reason the cast listing reads more like a comedy than a dark scifi. A lot of the actors I know more for their lighter stuff. It certainly should be interesting on that basis alone. It's an unusual grouping of well known actors.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Your not the only one who is thinking that (the ensembe). I was suprised Mandy Moore to be in it, and then a whole lot of other people. I can't wait to see how it turns out (good or bad).
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
        X