• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire- Terminator Will Be Back

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32751

Terminator Will Be Back

Creature-effects supervisor John Rosengrant of Stan Winston Studios confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he has met with director Jonathan Mostow recently about the possibility of a new Terminator movie, but nothing is a go yet. "It's too early to figure out what a new Terminator would look like, or anything like that," said Rosengrant, who was the creature-effects supervisor on the upcoming film Doom, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

In the first three Terminator films, Arnold Schwarzenegger, now governor of California, starred as a robot from the future. The original 1984 film was one of the first projects for special-effects designer Stan Winston, whose studio created the effects for such films as Aliens and Jurassic Park, as well as the two Terminator sequels.

Rosengrant said it is too early to figure out what a new robot from the future would look like if the franchise were to continue. "You usually don't do that kind of thing," Rosengrant said about designing a new Terminator. "You see the script and what spark comes from that, [talk] with the director and see what the vision is. It does no good to dream it up unless you write a treatment and try to get out there and sell it yourself."

Mostow, who directed Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines, has said he was interested in a fourth Terminator film and commissioned a story written by Terminator 3 screenwriters John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris. Nick Stahl, who starred as John Connor in the third film, is signed for two more sequels.

"I know Jonathan Mostow said he had a script idea for it, and I did talk to him, and he did say that, but I don't know," Rosengrant said. "I keep hearing that there's going to be a Terminator 4. That's all it's been, just rumblings."
    sigpic

Class!!
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I think the T-1000 or the T-X shoutld come back as a good guy.

Comment

This is very good news i love the terminator films
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Robert Patrick's all haggered now though. Not as intimidating as the original. Plus, he's been "fed upon" by the Wraith which certainly doesn't help! As for Kristana Loken..... well, i certainly wouldn't say no to another sequel!!
          Last edited by Anubis69; 10 October 2005, 03:10 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I thought the third one was crap.
            ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave04
              I thought the third one was crap.
              Compared to T2 most action films are crap! It was way ahead of it's time, unbelievably macho. T3 was alright, had it's moments, but it's hard for action films to succeed these days and be original with so many crappy ones floating about. *cough*anyfilmwiththerock*cough* But i'd still go see T4 if it came out. I mean, it's about time we got down to "judgement day". After all, they've been promising it for 20 years since the original came out!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I´d like the fourth movie to be without any time travel in it. It should be a straight out fight between men and machines. We´d have armies of terminators coming across the land and a massive fight in a nuclear wasteland. This would be the good old T-100´s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                  I´d like the fourth movie to be without any time travel in it. It should be a straight out fight between men and machines. We´d have armies of terminators coming across the land and a massive fight in a nuclear wasteland. This would be the good old T-100´s.
                  Considering how the last movie ended, that is exactly what should happen.

It should bridge the gap between Terminator and Terminator 3, showing John Conner and his band of merry men fighting T-800 robots on a devistated Earth. The whole movie should be about the fight to get Reese (Conner's father) into the time machine to go back to 1984 so he can knockup Sara Conner and protect her from the original terminator sent back to kill her.

The problem is the studio executives who still want to soak this franchise of as much money as they can; if they ended it like I just discribed, it'd be almost impossible to create another sequel after T4. Since money is their motivation, they'd be insane to end the Terminator franchise with T4.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                    Considering how the last movie ended, that is exactly what should happen.

It should bridge the gap between Terminator and Terminator 3, showing John Conner and his band of merry men fighting T-800 robots on a devistated Earth. The whole movie should be about the fight to get Reese (Conner's father) into the time machine to go back to 1984 so he can knockup Sara Conner and protect her from the original terminator sent back to kill her.

The problem is the studio executives who still want to soak this franchise of as much money as they can; if they ended it like I just discribed, it'd be almost impossible to create another sequel after T4. Since money is their motivation, they'd be insane to end the Terminator franchise with T4.
                    Actually, 'T4' would be the regrouping movie, showing Conner, his girl and a few survivors getting together, seeing all that they knew wiped out and scoring a moral but meaningless victory against the machines to show that the machines can be beat.

2 or 3 movies down the line it would be the movie to get Reese into the time machine since in the first one he said that the humans were on the verge of victory over the machines and sending the terminator back was skynet's last ditch effort to save itself.

of course, while it would be fun to see the movies done, they would have to invest in writing rather than effects or we end up with the same fiasco that was the Star Wars prequels...since we know how the franchise ultimately has to end...Reese going back in time...there's no real drama so there needs to be a good story and that's something hollywood has been short on since they decided we'd rather see pretty pictures than good acting.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

They could write it completely different if they wanted to at this point, they said in the third film that the events in the second film had altered history and changed things.

Pretty much anything aside from Reese going back in time can be changed, even that sending a Terminator back in time was a last ditch effort by Skynet.

Comment

Working...
                      X