This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&D Wrath of the Dragon God

Did anyone else think that was the best Sci Fi original movie ever!!! It wasn't flawless or anything, but it blew away every saturday sci fi movie I've ever seen!! Does anyone know the best way to let the sci fi channel know that we want more D&D movies over 20 animal of the week movies??

Its not a scifi orginal..it was in theaters last year or ealry this year, wasnt it?
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

nope, the sorry first D&D movie was...and this one blew that one away.

Comment

Heres the IMDB on it so it is already on DVD but on Rotten tomatoes its not rated so maybe it is made for TV... I am searching for further information.
        http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It was made by Warner Brothers... do they own Scifi as well as WB?
          Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God - DVD

Special Features: Color, 5.1 Dolby Digital
          Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
          Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Widescreen, 16x9 Anamorphic
          Rating: NOT RATED
          Languages: English
          Studio: Warner Brothers
          Street Date: November 08, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
            Did anyone else think that was the best Sci Fi original movie ever!!! It wasn't flawless or anything, but it blew away every saturday sci fi movie I've ever seen!! Does anyone know the best way to let the sci fi channel know that we want more D&D movies over 20 animal of the week movies??
            I thought the D&D movie was pretty good. so good i actually stayed up to watch the re-run. Certainly a huge change from the "kill-the-100-foot-snake" movies they've been spitting out lately. And because i played D&D for a awhile when i was younger, everytime the characters on the movie tried to open doors, or attack, i kept imagining dice rolling on the table. Overall, a surprising change in the offerings from SciFi originals.

Now next week, however, i'm kind of getting leery. Those "Day/Night/Return of the Dead" movies tend to get rather repetitive.

Edit: Now that i read the posts above, i've learned that D&D:Wrath of the Dragon God may not be a scifi original offering. But at least i give scifi credit for airing something fresh.
            Last edited by TechnoWraith; 09 October 2005, 01:57 PM. Reason: A Wraith can't do your homework for you, but he can eat the school bully.

Comment

thanks for the info guys

Comment

Never seen it, but it could only be better than the first D&D movie... What a shocker that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Never seen it, but it could only be better than the first D&D movie... What a shocker that was.
                  Definately. The first one suck! The only bright point was a five minute cameo from Tom Baker. Such a bummer, I had been looking forward to that movie. Gonna try to see the second one, good to here it's not too bad!
                  "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
                    Gonna try to see the second one, good to here it's not too bad!
                    It's still definetly a B movie. The trick is to not get your hopes up, then you won't be disappointed

Comment

I didn't even know there was any other DnD movie other than that horrible first one years ago! Thanks for the information; I'll have to source it out.

Anyone remember and watched the DnD cartoon long ago? I'm surprise I don't see that on DVD.
                      Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

The first D&D movie was crap, I still can't believe that Jeremy Irons was in it.

Comment

Working...
                        X