PDA

View Full Version : Dead Like Me

Pages : [1] 2

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 11:52 PM
The second season is comming :) Anyone else share the excitement on the return of this show? I can't wait :)

MartoufMarty
July 10th, 2004, 06:28 AM
The second season is comming :) Anyone else share the excitement on the return of this show? I can't wait :)
ooh really? i've watched... 5 of 6 episodes of season 1. i don't know when they're supposed to have new ones on Canadian movie channels... or are they on the same schedule? hmm... i love this show. it seems like they're airing 2 episodes a night. i'd so buy this on DVD. in the last episode that was on last night Roxie (sp?) left. she was cool! i liked her... damn...

Elwe Singollo
July 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
ooh really? i've watched... 5 of 6 episodes of season 1. i don't know when they're supposed to have new ones on Canadian movie channels... or are they on the same schedule? hmm... i love this show. it seems like they're airing 2 episodes a night. i'd so buy this on DVD. in the last episode that was on last night Roxie (sp?) left. she was cool! i liked her... damn...Wasn't there 14 episodes in Season 1? And oh yah, it wasn't Roxie who left, it was Betty, but Roxie did leave the show for a few episodes, because yah, she had 'promises' elsewhere. I'm not sure about Canada's schedule, but yah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes this show :) Yah, i miss Betty :(

MartoufMarty
July 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Wasn't there 14 episodes in Season 1? And oh yah, it wasn't Roxie who left, it was Betty, but Roxie did leave the show for a few episodes, because yah, she had 'promises' elsewhere. I'm not sure about Canada's schedule, but yah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes this show :) Yah, i miss Betty :(
d'oh. after i read through my message i realized i said Roxie and i didn't get a chance to correct it lol. i meant Betty, but i just couldn't remember her name! i haven't a clue how many episodes were in season 1 lol. i need to get caught up with episodes lol.

Elwe Singollo
July 10th, 2004, 06:57 PM
d'oh. after i read through my message i realized i said Roxie and i didn't get a chance to correct it lol. i meant Betty, but i just couldn't remember her name! i haven't a clue how many episodes were in season 1 lol. i need to get caught up with episodes lol.Haha :)

joshing123
July 12th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Dead Like Me & Jeremiah (if it ever finishes out!) are the only reasons I still have Showtime!

Elwe Singollo
July 12th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I haven't watched Jeremiah in a while :S, i never got into it :(

joshing123
July 13th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Jeremiah improved at the end of the first season & the second was also pretty good. But they never played the second half of the season like they said they would in the spring. Someone said that the DVD is out in Canada or somehwere so they may never play it.

Elwe Singollo
July 13th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Never was clear on the plot of the show, but since dvd's are out, i'll go get them :)

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Teryl Rothery (Dr. Janet Fraiser in SG1) will be guest starring Dead Like Me in episode 3 as a house broker? I forgot what its called.

Torley
July 21st, 2004, 01:18 AM
Oh really? Hmmm I haven't seen Dead Like Me, ever, but have heard good things about the show quite a few times. Ellen Muth has such a seriously cute deadpan look. House broker? Real estate agent?

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 08:10 AM
I think something do to with selling houses! Haha...

joshing123
July 21st, 2004, 09:48 AM
The new season starts 10:00 Sunday - opposite The Dead Zone of course. Why do networks schedule similar shows against each other all the time?

Some minor spoilers. I'm not sure if I like them veering away from the first season's "darkness."

From the oft-referenced Zap2It
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,274|89319|1|,00.html

'Dead Like Me' Not as Grave
(Wednesday, July 21 12:02 AM)
By John Crook
George Lass (Ellen Muth) steps more confidently into the first day of the rest of her death as "Dead Like Me" begins its second season Sunday, July 25, on Showtime.
Fans of the dark comedy will remember that George (short for Georgia) spent much of Season 1 in a vile mood, and understandably so. After all, the bright but aimless teenager had been fatally creamed by a toilet seat from the plummeting Skylab space station. George's messy demise threw her into the arms of her new mentor, Rube (Mandy Patinkin), a crusty pragmatist who quickly recruited her for his team of Grim Reapers, the beings assigned to remove the souls of the living and point them toward their designated afterlife.

Nonplussed to discover that her own afterlife required her to work at a temp agency called Happy Time to make things meet, George also spent many nonreaping hours at an eatery called Der Waffle Haus with Rube and the rest of his team: cranky meter maid Roxy (Jasmine Guy); Daisy (Laura Harris), a dazzlingly self-absorbed former actress; and Mason (Callum Blue), a feckless Brit slacker who has carried his penchant for substance abuse beyond the grave.

Season 1 ended last September as a more mature George made peace with her new role in the cosmos, even as she sadly watched the marriage of her parents (Cynthia Stevenson, Greg Kean) come unglued under the stress of her death.
"I'm playing George quite a bit differently this season, and I'm glad you picked up on the fact that she kind of made peace with her situation at the end of last season," Muth says during a production break on the show's Vancouver set. "This season is a lot funnier, not as dark, mainly because, well, she has accepted the fact that she is dead. She knows she cannot go back to where she was when she was alive.

"But she's also a lot more confident now in who she is and what her job is, and she is becoming more of a woman and more sure of her sexuality. As far as the reaping of souls, she now views her job the way the other Reapers do: It's a job, you do it and it's done, so there you go."

George's newfound confidence spills into her goofy office routine at Happy Time as well, where new friends begin to gravitate toward the once-lonely teenager.

"Early in last season, George was very worried about other people's emotions, especially how they saw her, and felt she was outside looking in," Muth explains. "This year, she still hopes people will accept her for who she is, but if they don't, she's OK with that. Oddly, because she has that confidence, the people around her like her more. She becomes more a part of the Reaper family, and she also is able to get along with people more outside of their circle as well.

"Things that go on at Happy Times are very funny this year, and if you were watching last year, some of the people you saw then as basically extras emerge as real characters in their own right this season, at least to some degree. And they also manage to cast the best guest stars on this sho.! They are just amazing, and work very well with the rest of us."

The new episodes this season also contain hints that George's destiny as a Reaper may have been preordained on some level. Certainly she is suspiciously good at this bizarre job and, Muth notes, she is the only character able to see the Gravelings, mischief-making gremlins who often set into motion the fatal last events in an impending tragedy.

"The fact that she's the only one of the team who can actually see the Gravelings means that she gets a kind of head's up as far as which person around her is about to die," Muth points out.

As for her fellow Reapers, look for the lovely Harris to have a dalliance with "Will & Grace" star Eric McCormack in a multi-episode arc. Viewers will be making other discoveries about Daisy, Muth reveals, many of which uncover an unexpected depth to this wistful beauty.

"Daisy comes across as very high-maintenance and hard to deal with and very confident, yet this year we discover a lot of insecurities she has," Muth says. "All that cockiness is actually a cover-up. She actually has a very dark side that starts to be revealed this season, and Mason, of all people, is the one to discover it. She's an extremely smart character, although she seems like the typical blond ditz at first, almost as if she is content to be treated as a trophy. But she's actually very shrewd about knowing what she wants and how to get it, no matter who she has to step on."

Muth, a dazzlingly self-assured actress at 23, is a good deal less ruthless when it comes to her own career. At the moment she hasn't even read any scripts for a future project -- "It's just too distracting while I am focusing on George," she explains -- and she has nothing lined up after she wraps Season Two of "Dead Like Me."

"I never wanted to play in a teeny-bopper movie," she says candidly. "I never wanted to play -- and don't think I would be cast as -- the pretty girl who got to wear all the name-brand designer costumes. From the beginning, I always was drawn to the deep roles, the ones that had a lot of different things to explore. I never really cared about the paycheck. It was all about the craft, really. I never got into this for the money."

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks :) I love the show :) Its so depressing though, but at the sametime funny :D

Spaceminx
July 22nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Ooh cool. DLM is a great series. I can't wait 'til its shown in the UK - anyone know when that might be?

aschen
July 22nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Maybe George will finally get a new place. Though, it's better now then when she first got it.

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2004, 10:00 AM
I think George's current residence (Mason's original house) is pretty big and nice for her :)

Stargate Agent
July 22nd, 2004, 11:53 AM
What is the show Dead Like Me??

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Its a show on Showtime, about a 18 year old girl who died by getting hit by a toilet from a spacestation, and she turned into a reaper, and it follows her life on reaping soles and her family and friends. Really interesting, very funny:D

Elwe Singollo
July 25th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Dont forget the Dead Like Me premieres tonight on Showtime :)

aschen
July 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM
:D Yaay! George kix ass

Elwe Singollo
July 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Yah, she does :D

Torley
July 25th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen this show but Ellen Muth has such a cute deadpan look... I'll have to catch it sometime, gee... :)

aschen
July 25th, 2004, 05:56 PM
10 PM, baby!

Elwe Singollo
July 25th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I saw the second season premiere, it was funny, i am suprised that they can make death seem so funny, haha... Poor George and her Family :(

joshing123
July 26th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I saw the second season premiere, it was funny, i am suprised that they can make death seem so funny, haha... Poor George and her Family :(

Do you think her father's affair is with the girl that was George's friend last season, the one Mason saved from being date raped at the college?

All in all a pretty good episode. Roxy's a trip. Seemed to me the were toning down Daisy though & I'm not sure if I like that. I still prefer the character she replaced.

Elwe Singollo
July 26th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I wish the actress who played Betty would come back, i am not sure if it was her decision or the producers, but i prefer her over Daisy, but i still like Daisy a tiny bit :D I think it said in the very first episode, that George's dad was having an affair with a student, but i'm not sure if it was George's friend that you were talking about, and i loved that character, so i don't want her to be the other girl/woman, haha... Wow, we are going to see tons more of George's family though, i like George's sister, shes so rebel, but i think they exaggerate a little bit :rolleyes:

Torley
July 26th, 2004, 07:50 PM
WHAT A COOL SHOW! OOOH I've got a new Obsession now... Ellen Muth is sooo good at this. I can see why Wonderfalls was compared to this (yeah, I know the creator connections and stuff). That was really good.

Don't forget, next episode: Teryl Rothery in a brief guest spot.

joshing123
July 27th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Betty - that's who I was thinking of. From what I recall she was never supposed to be a regular character. The person who plays Daisy wasn't available for the first few episodes or something. Too bad.
And I liked the friend too, but it was pretty obvious where that was going. I suspect good old dad's had his share of Shakespeare students.

Elwe Singollo
July 27th, 2004, 12:33 PM
I wish Rebecca G. would at least return for an episode or two! Gosh, it was so depressing for me when she jumped and went with her reap.

Yah, the Wonderfalls main character's personality was so alike DLM's main character's, but i like the both :)

Elwe Singollo
July 27th, 2004, 12:34 PM
WHAT A COOL SHOW! OOOH I've got a new Obsession now... Ellen Muth is sooo good at this. I can see why Wonderfalls was compared to this (yeah, I know the creator connections and stuff). That was really good.

Don't forget, next episode: Teryl Rothery in a brief guest spot.Is this ur first time watching DLM?

Torley
July 27th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah!!! OOOH it really is good... Ellen Muth has the wickedest expressions, especially when she does that wide-open smile with closed eyes. It's almost like The Grinch but wayyy cuter. Well, I'm glad I finally watched this show. Thanks!

Elwe Singollo
July 27th, 2004, 02:08 PM
When i first saw the show, i thought it was going to be like six feet under on HBO, with the death and everything, but this show is just so halrious, me love it, i'm glad you like it Torley, more love to DLM :)!!!

aschen
July 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
SFU isn't bad though. That last episode where David is forced to smoke crack- that's hilarious.

Elwe Singollo
July 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Yah that show is good, i never said it wasn't :D But i did think the whole beating up/torture/mugged thing was pretty 'wow'... :(

Anyways, i keep on forgetting that George isn't George in Happy Time, its Millie (sp?) its weird, haha..

MartoufMarty
July 27th, 2004, 05:19 PM
it was on last night on Movie Central right after Stargate Atlantis. 2 straight hours of great tele! wee! i love it! i just can't help but love Mason. go Roxie!

... i'm kind of stupid when it comes to reviewing things lol

Torley
July 27th, 2004, 07:26 PM
You know, here's the thing: watched an episode of Six Feet Under, I really DID NOT like it... sooo depressing and stuff. Totally not for me. Or at least, you'll never pick up a hitchhiker ever again! I mean, I liked Oz, but this was like redundant depressing or something... so I was like, "What's with the shows with burial names?" Anyhoo, I watched Dead Like Me FINALLY after being nudged more and more (thank you littlemigueljr) and yeah I have to give more love to DLM and especially Ellen Muth:

http://www.ellen-muth.com/assets/images/db_images/db_george_bio_pic1.jpg

Mmmmuth. I don't even know where to start describing the way she looks, it's so unique... like some sort of a pixie... she looks really young or something but the way she talks -- she's such a potty-mouth. LOL. She sure deserves all the actress noms she's been getting.

When she does that wide open grin, it's sooo freaky like she looks like The Grinch or something, but wayyy cuter. Hard to describe.

David85
July 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM
I wish the actress who played Betty would come back, i am not sure if it was her decision or the producers, but i prefer her over Daisy, but i still like Daisy a tiny bit :D

I hated Daisy last year and when they "killed" Betty off I was so pissed off, she was my favorite charater. Daisy this year seems to be less of a slut. That's why I hated her, I felt like the writers went "We need some blonde whore to get more males to watch the show".

Torley
July 28th, 2004, 12:30 AM
LOL, at least the nice thing is that Laura Harris, who plays Daisy, makes no pretenses about it. She is hilariously upfront and direct about her promiscuous attitude like it's Sunday School talk. I like her voice too... she sure is nicely pale.

Elwe Singollo
July 28th, 2004, 06:51 AM
I think the character (Daisy) had a dramatic change in one of the S1 episodes, before the finale or something, can't remember, but thats when her character was toned down, toned down as in, less talk of giving people hand and blow jobs and stuff in this car, and at this table, i'm glad they did that :)

Torley
July 28th, 2004, 01:23 PM
LOL, but I just saw the season finale of Season 1, and she said some pretty rude things! :|

aschen
July 28th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I think the character (Daisy) had a dramatic change in one of the S1 episodes, before the finale or something, can't remember, but thats when her character was toned down, toned down as in, less talk of giving people hand and blow jobs and stuff in this car, and at this table, i'm glad they did that :)
Indeed, I got kinda tired of hearing about such...private things..

Elwe Singollo
July 28th, 2004, 02:17 PM
In the upcoming episode of S2, it seems like the character is going to be more depressed-like, maybe not sad and stuff, but won't be all sharing things that people don't want to know, haha...

I'm glad Showtime let DLM have a S2 :) Haha, oh wait did i say that already, hmm, well maybe not... haha...

aschen
July 28th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Well, didn't Rube tell her off? I know Jasmine Guy's character is getting on her case.

Elwe Singollo
July 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yah, back in S1 episodes, i think Rube did lecture her on trying to get money out of a reap, and she was locked to that chair, haha, that made me laugh.

Elwe Singollo
July 29th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I was dissapointed that after Bryan Fuller left the show, they changed a few things, such as making George's dad stay straight instead of going gay, there was a hint that the dad was gay in the first episode in S1, although i don't mind that they made him stayed straight :rolleyes: That just shows the new people in charge are scared of doing things differently.

Scarym1
September 1st, 2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks :) I love the show :) Its so depressing though, but at the sametime funny :D
I don't find it depressing at all. I do find it very funny and intriguing. I am so glad I paid the extra for the specialty channels. I initially got the channels to just watch Atlantis but have since discovered this show and Six Feet Under. Another great plus is that I get to them all without commercials. :D

Elwe Singollo
September 1st, 2004, 04:29 PM
I don't find it depressing at all. I do find it very funny and intriguing. I am so glad I paid the extra for the specialty channels. I initially got the channels to just watch Atlantis but have since discovered this show and Six Feet Under. Another great plus is that I get to them all without commercials. :DThe depressing part of the show to me is when George or her sister is all sad, in which George's sister looks pretty sad and down all the time, and even bitter. But i guess to some people that may not be depressing, haha...

David85
September 1st, 2004, 08:25 PM
Man reason I have ShoTime is Bullsh*t, second reason because of Randy Harrison on Queer as Folk *drools, third reason Dead Like Me. :)

The movies suck, but caple shows are great.

joshing123
September 3rd, 2004, 09:32 AM
The movies suck, but caple shows are great.

Everytime I think I should cancel the channel, they start a new show that I like. And they actually played 1 good movie back in July, but I have the DVD now so I don't them anymore for that one.

MartoufMarty
September 20th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Saturday, I *cough* obtained the pilot episode of Dead Like Me (I've never seen it before). Yesterday I decided I was gonna make a vid, and I did.

The song is Falls Apart by Sugar Ray. I think that it fits George from the pilot episode. I've been wanting to make a vid with the song for a long time, but I never had a good enough subject until now.

EDIT (09/24/04): Damn Angelfire!! Booted me. I'll try to move it to Geocities. Damn... :mad:

David85
September 20th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I love it!

The best part was when it goes "People see right through you" and the guy runs right through her. :)

MartoufMarty
September 20th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I love it!

The best part was when it goes "People see right through you" and the guy runs right through her. :)
Thank you!

The song just made me put that down :D

I'm glad you liked it :D

ShadowMaat
September 20th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I think you get a little better with every vid, Marty. ;) Very nice job.

MartoufMarty
September 20th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I think you get a little better with every vid, Marty. ;) Very nice job.
aww thanks :D

i'll try to make more as i get more episodes. i'm gonna start recording the episodes as they air (starting tonight). *hopefully* the season 1 episodes i'm trying to download right now will actually DOWNLOAD grr...

FieryHands
September 20th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I wish I had Showtime.

The vid was great, though I never saw the episode I could pretty much follow what was going on. Cool vid.

MartoufMarty
September 21st, 2004, 06:03 AM
I wish I had Showtime.

The vid was great, though I never saw the episode I could pretty much follow what was going on. Cool vid.
I *cough* downloaded the episode off of Kazaa. It went fast for so long, but then it started going dial-up speed, and all the other episodes I've been trying to download either go really slow, or I get remotely queued.

George drops of out college and tries to get a job at this place Happy Time. They get her to do filing. On her first day, she goes on her lunch break, and then she gets hit by a toliet seat from some space station that was supposed to crash into the ocean. Then she becomes a reaper, and her first reap was the little girl on the train.

Thanks by the way. I recorded the episode that was on TV last night so I'll keep on trying to get more episodes :D

MartoufMarty
December 22nd, 2004, 09:59 PM
I heard this news yesterday.

Dead Like Me was cancelled.

Me, my parents, and my sister are all really mad about this.

Why??? Why did they have to cancell it?? It's a great show! *******s.

Is it just me or do they always seem to cancel the good shows? Alot of them. :(

Read about it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/21/television.showtime.reut/index.html

:(

Shipperahoy
December 22nd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Aaaaahhhh!!!! That is such crap! First Angel and now this. What in the heck do t.v. execs use as their criteria? I love this show! It just keeps getting better and better and better. What in the heck are they thinking?! I know it's just a t.v. show but this really ticks me off. Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

MartoufMarty
December 22nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Wonderfalls, Tru Calling, Dead Like Me. I love all these shows!

I only recently got into the Buffy and Angel fandoms. I've seen almost all the episodes of the show (except for the first half of season 4 and the last half of season 5). WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CANCEL IT?? :(

Alot of those television big wigs are really stupid. They keep on reality shows that are complete and utter crap, yet they go and cancell the good shows like Dead Like Me...

Gah... :mad:

Shipperahoy
December 22nd, 2004, 10:28 PM
What really ticks me off is that they were really going somewhere with the show and now everything is all up in the air. You know that there was more to Crystal than meets the eye. And you know that there was something special about George and now we'll never know. Stupid fricking executives!

SBN
December 22nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
Isn't almost to the point that it is a waste of time to watch almost any new shows on TV? Just wait until they get in to syndication. I really liked Odyssey 5 and Farscape, yet they cancel these shows before there is ever conclusion which just makes it all the worse. At least Angel's final episode and a 'grand' finally feel to it. Now I wonder if the ratings for ABC's Lost dip any are they going to yank that as well?

Think about if the cancelled '24' after 23 eps, now that would really suck

David85
December 23rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
I heard it a few days ago, no shock at all.

It's showtime for you, they just want sex shows.

Farscape had the TV movie. Odyssey 5 had the best "season" finale in TV history, and they will never conclude that.

aAnubiSs
December 23rd, 2004, 07:33 AM
gogogo reality shows!

Nolamom
December 23rd, 2004, 07:39 AM
Odessey 5 and Dead Like Me were both great fun...I do hate it when shows get cancelled before dying a "natural" death. At least they concluded Buffy with a reasonable tie-up of loose ends.

Replicarter
December 23rd, 2004, 07:55 AM
**** sake! This really pisses me off, constantly getting rid of the good shows that bring are some of the higest rated, why do they cancel them? Its obviously not because of raitings because Tru Calling was on for a second season but before its even aired they canceld it :( , and why is it they cancel them when i become a fan? I recently finished watching Season 2 and this happens, i watched the last season of angel they cancel it, same with buffy and tru calling. And now they want to do 2 new law shows, the cell and hate arrrrrrrggggg.

David85
December 23rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
The ratings for Dead like Me went down and Shotime almost canceled it after the first year but lived because it won some stuff, then the ratings for for season 2 went down and bye-bye the show.

Odyssey 5 was canceled because the Shotime president is against Sci-Fi shows, look how that turned out *cough Stargate cough*, it was their second highest rated show (What's the first QaF?) and took chances that no other show was willing to take.

MartoufMarty
December 23rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
I want to know more about the Ray graveling! What's up with that?? And George reaped a graveling? :S

Meanies cancell the good shows... :mad:

On the one article from CNN about Dead Like Me being cancelled it said that season 1 got really good ratings and season 2 was a little down from that. Well... Jeez.

The only thing that I watch now that is by Showtime is Queer as Folk and that has honestly gone a little down hill. Dead Like Me was going up.

I don't think we need more cop shows or terrorist dramas. I have nothing against cop shows - I love the Law and Orders and NYPD Blue - but they don't need anymore. They cancelled the one I loved the most. Boomtown. I'm still very upset at that. I LOVED that show so much, but nooo.

Boomtown and The Agency were two great shows that I also loved that just... disappeared. They ended the one season they were on, and they were never seen again.

Why can't they cancell Fear Factor or... Survivor or something else besides the good shows.

FOX didn't even give Wonderfalls a chance. Four episodes and then they cancell it... I'm almost ready to boycott TV... Almost... Not entirely yet. I think probably after they end Lost and Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 and Queer as Folk and... that's actually it now...

I should go sulk and watch Tru Calling and Dead Like Me DVDs... :(

ShadowMaat
December 23rd, 2004, 10:16 AM
Maybe SCIFI will buy DLM. :P

MartoufMarty
December 23rd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe SCIFI will buy DLM. :P
Well, that would be kind of cool.

If they did, I just hope that Movie Central will keep on with the show or else I would have to use the 'd' word.

David85
December 23rd, 2004, 11:08 AM
You don't understand. DLM got good ratings the first season and they still wanted to cancel the show because the guy is anti-sci-fi.

Then when the ratings dropped, it only a little bit (mainly because they love canceling all the shows people watch the chanel for) they president thought it was a great reason to can it. He hated it all along.

All Showtime has now is QaF which went down hill heavily, and Justin will be leaving after this season making it pointless, and they have Bull**** which I can buy the DVDs for cheaper than a month of the channel cost. Ok, maybe not, but it's close.

Bye-bye Showtime, you lost another member.

LordAnubis
December 23rd, 2004, 04:34 PM
You don't understand. DLM got good ratings the first season and they still wanted to cancel the show because the guy is anti-sci-fi.

Then when the ratings dropped, it only a little bit (mainly because they love canceling all the shows people watch the chanel for) they president thought it was a great reason to can it. He hated it all along.

All Showtime has now is QaF which went down hill heavily, and Justin will be leaving after this season making it pointless, and they have Bull**** which I can buy the DVDs for cheaper than a month of the channel cost. Ok, maybe not, but it's close.

Bye-bye Showtime, you lost another member.
I liked DLM, when I got a chance to see it. I didn't get showtime at school (dorm), so I would watch it when I was home. I really liked it. Mandy Patankin did a great job, so did that chick who played George. Really cute. I thought it was doing well.

I never got into QaF. People really watch that show? People really live like that? I guess I'm pretty naive. David85, you like QaF? Dude that surprises me I guess. But it's all good.

Odysey 5 was pretty good. Dunno about the other shows you guys mentioned, except buffy and angel, which were also pretty good. It's really too bad Sci-fi doesn't pick up on these things and acquire the rights to those shows or something, rather than spending more money on crap like Earthsea, Sneakhead Terror, boa vs. python, and other stuff that just pure reeks. Even ghost hunters and proof positive is lame. Scare tactics is okay once in a while, but other than stargate, atlantis, and maybe BSG, they don't have anything that's worth anything on sci-fi; they could pick up where showtime leaves off and pick up some good school shows that aren't about gay guys or whatever.

I'm also getting sick of reality shows and queer eye shows. It was funny at first, back in the day, but now it's old and frankly stupid.

David85
December 23rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
I never got into QaF. People really watch that show? People really live like that? I guess I'm pretty naive. David85, you like QaF? Dude that surprises me I guess. But it's all good.

Yes I do watch that show, season 4 was crap, but the first two seasons were great. I only watch it for Justin, Randy Harrison, so if there is a season 6 and he leaves, I'm not watching it.

Sadly some people really do live like that, it's over the top, but my "ex" acted just like some of them. The difference is on the show the people became nicer, and more "friendly", my "ex" became a bigger and bigger *******. Not everyone acts like them, I don't, but some do, not as bad through because it's a show. I'm going to get yelled at for saying this, I always do but oh well. There seem to be two types of gays, the type you see on QaF that messes around all the time and don't care, and then there are the type that just want to have a "normal" (whatever that means) relationship.

MartoufMarty
December 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
I love Queer as Folk. Season 1 and season 2 are great. Season 3 was pretty good, and season 4 was okay. Not the greatest. I have season 1 of QAF on DVD and season 2 of VHS.

The show is just showing those people. It doesn't mean that all gay people are like that. Is everyone like those people on Friends? *shudders at the thought* There are people like them, but not everyone.

God help me if I was like some people on Friends... I saw one episode, was bored, only laughed once. Don't like that show...

Manic
December 23rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
Personally, I don't quite understand how premium cable networks like Showtime and HBO decide which shows to keep on and cancel. I understand Nielsen keeps track of the ratings for them, but how does that honestly make a different?

Here's what I understand:
With broadcast/network TV and basic cable, you've got commercials. Networks get most of their money when companies like McDonalds and Coca Cola pay them to air their commercials 9,000 times a day. If there's a hit show on TV, companies pay even more money to have their commercials shown during that show. Then the money made from the commercials go into paying to make their shows. I get that. It's why Saturday Night Live's musical guest "is brought to you by" somebody. The more people who watch the show, the more someone's willing to pay to advertise during the show.

What I don't understand:
Showtime gets all of their money by people who pay to watch the network itself. They couldn't possibly make any less money if less people watch Dead Like Me. I can understand if they cancelled the show because people were un-subscribing to them, and Dead Like Me was the reason, but who honestly unsubscribes to a movie network because they saw a show that didn't interest them? No one's gonna unsubscribe to Showtime simply because they don't like an episode of Dead Like Me. They'd just change the channel, but keep their subscription to watch the movies (and maybe QaF). The only thing Dead Like Me could possibly do is drawn in more viewers. Cancelling this show would only drive away what few people who were watching the network just to watch this show.

Heck, I was willing to get Showtime just to watch it. Now that I have Showtime, it's cancelled. Way to lose a subscriber. I'm buying the DVDs.

MartoufMarty
December 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
Well, I'm guessing that they just wanted to put on a new terrorist drama (The Cell) or a new cop show (Hate). So they gotta push something out of the way and Dead Like Me happened to be the paper pulled out of the hat.

Gothann
December 23rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Showtime has been strange...

Huff was approved for a second season before even starting production on the first, IT BLOWS!!!
Dead Like Me was decent, had good dark humor, yet they cancel it.

Although Huff has Teryl Rothery, she alone can't possibly make me like a series with so much bad acting... Oh well, that's life.

Besides, I don't care for Showtime, they don't allow foreigners on their main website (I know the backdoor URL, but the fact that they block the rest of the world shows how isolationistic Showtime is)

LordAnubis
December 23rd, 2004, 10:59 PM
Showtime has been strange...

Huff was approved for a second season before even starting production on the first, IT BLOWS!!!
Dead Like Me was decent, had good dark humor, yet they cancel it.

Although Huff has Teryl Rothery, she alone can't possibly make me like a series with so much bad acting... Oh well, that's life.

Besides, I don't care for Showtime, they don't allow foreigners on their main website (I know the backdoor URL, but the fact that they block the rest of the world shows how isolationistic Showtime is)
Are you serious? Why would they block foreigners from their main website? That is just plain dumb. Makes no sense.

I watched one episode of Huff and didn't really care for it. It's like a weird combination of Sopranos and Curb your Enthusiasm from HBO, but just plain weird. I dunno, I think I'll avoid Showtime.

Elwe Singollo
December 24th, 2004, 03:07 AM
This kinda, well not kinda, but sucks alot. I wanted to see Reggie and George actually talk! So much things i wanted to see :(

MartoufMarty
December 24th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I wanted to see more Mason/Daisy! Even though at heart I really am a Mason/George shipper lol.

What really made me sad with this season was when J.D. died.

I think one of the best moments of the season was when Mason, Daisy, and George are acting out death to the one woman who didn't realize she was dead. That was hilarious.

I really wanted to know more about Rube! We still haven't seen how he died (even though it was kind of obvious. Back in 1920 something he went out with a gun). We didn't really get to find out anything about him. We just found out he had a daughter, but not much else.

Now I don't think we even will :(

debskec
December 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread... I can't believe it's cancelled! I really like that show!! Granted I only saw it in DVD form, but still...!

ARGH!

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread... I can't believe it's cancelled! I really like that show!! Granted I only saw it in DVD form, but still...!

ARGH!
Yeah, it is really a good show.

There's a chance (not a very good one) that it could get picked up by another network...

I doubt it :(

David85
December 27th, 2004, 04:49 PM
No chance it will be picked up, that is SOOOOOOOOOOO rare.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
No chance it will be picked up, that is SOOOOOOOOOOO rare.
Yeah... :(

I love that show...

David85
December 27th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Even if it were to happen it would change so much, would have to have less violent deaths, less sex talk, yadda yadda.

Plus look at the job Sci-Fi did to Sliders.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Even if it were to happen it would change so much, would have to have less violent deaths, less sex talk, yadda yadda.

Plus look at the job Sci-Fi did to Sliders.
Blah. If they're gonna do that, they should just keep it cancelled.

Elwe Singollo
December 28th, 2004, 12:42 AM
I think if Dead Like Me turned 'lite', it probably could still be as good as it was, it wasn't all the bad language, sometimes sexual scenes, or brutal killings that interested me, it was her life (or afterlife) that did, and the people in her life, and the whole 'being a reaper' part. Also, i think if scifi can show a person get split in half (species 3), i think some of the brutal killings on DLM can be shown, and they don't even show them really, only blood splattering and such.

SaberBlade
December 28th, 2004, 06:00 AM
its crap like this which makes me stop watching tv. everytime a good show like DLM gets shown, its 1 or 2 seasons after it gets cancelled by some ******* who thinks it would be best to just rip off something else or do more reality tv.

personally i hope another network picks it up. even if another network wants to change parts of it, i think it would be better giving the show another chance than just cancelling it (although altering it would be a bad idea as it would totally change the show)

why do all the good shows die early while the crap still walks the earth

David85
December 28th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Blah. If they're gonna do that, they should just keep it cancelled.

That's my point, no reason to keep a show around when it just turns into some crap. *cough* Sliders and SG-1 *cough*

At least it got two seasons, and at least it didn't have a cliff hanger.

TechnoBoY
December 28th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Never seen it, dont have any premium channels.

Shipperahoy
December 28th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Apparently there is still a chance for Dead Like Me. A friend sent me this link to a story about it. It makes me feel somewhat better.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue401/news.html

Elwe Singollo
December 29th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Apparently there is still a chance for Dead Like Me. A friend sent me this link to a story about it. It makes me feel somewhat better.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue401/news.htmlYour right, that does make you feel a bit better :).

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Oooh that makes me a little happier. :D

aschen
December 29th, 2004, 08:05 AM
:( That makes me sad

David85
December 29th, 2004, 08:09 AM
It's not coming back folks.

Almost EVERY cable show that is canceled the creator comes out and says "We are doing everything we can to continue it, blah blah" and it never happens.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:12 AM
It's not coming back folks.

Almost EVERY cable show that is canceled the creator comes out and says "We are doing everything we can to continue it, blah blah" and it never happens.
... Glass is half full here! Come on! We like having hope even though we really know that it's not going to happen...

:(

*sigh*

David85
December 29th, 2004, 02:04 PM
The glass is on the floor... it's dead.

Now they need to have someone take the soul of Dead Like Me.

Shipperahoy
December 29th, 2004, 02:14 PM
That's your opinion. And even if the likliehood is that it still will most likely be canned what do you care if some of us choose to look on the bright side? They've said that they are doing everything they can to make the show come back. Even if past events with other shows have proven that that rarely happens there is still a chance that it might come through this time, even if it's a slim one. You're entitled to think what you want but I'll go on hoping.

IMForeman
December 29th, 2004, 02:54 PM
The show may be dead, but apparantly Der Waffle Haus is still in business...

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/8x4_09.jpg

I wonder if Oma knows Kiffany? And Daniel should totally order the bacon extra, extra, extra crispy.

-IMF

Shipperahoy
December 29th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Wow, you're right. It totally looks like the Waffle House set. It makes sense since both shows film at Bridge Studios.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 02:57 PM
LMAO!

I saw that picture before and noticed it was the waffle house.

That's still hilarious.

daxiel2
January 3rd, 2005, 08:17 AM
It seems that all good shows are gradually being cancelled, this is one that I liked and I haven't even seen series 2 yet and I really want to.

David85
January 3rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
That's your opinion. And even if the likliehood is that it still will most likely be canned what do you care if some of us choose to look on the bright side? They've said that they are doing everything they can to make the show come back. Even if past events with other shows have proven that that rarely happens there is still a chance that it might come through this time, even if it's a slim one. You're entitled to think what you want but I'll go on hoping.

I can tell you right now it is not coming back, that is a given.

Keeping your hopes up on something that will never happen and has no chance of happening is only going to d=be twise the let down.

SBN
January 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah it gets to the point where sometimes I am a little hesitant to start watching any new shows for fear they will just get canceled right when I start getting into it. Lost was like that for me, I completely missed the first 4 eps until a friend handed me the tapes after I saw that ABC ordered more eps. I was not that much of a fan of Fox's John Doe, but man that was annoying canceling the show before at least providing the answers. They should at least set it so if a show will have at least one final ep to answer and tie up loose ends. But of course this reality. Like I said before, you think people would find it amusing if Fox cut 24 after 23 eps? I am sure a lot of people would love that.

TK 1401
January 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Isn't it strange, that this is my very first posting in the GateWorldForum and it is about a different show?! :S

But I really love Dead like me and it would be really sad if it was cancelled before it even was aired here in Germany... :(

Unfortunately this is a fate a lot of TV shows suffer nowadays and it doesn't make sense to watch them in German if you already know it is already "dead"!

TK 1401

PS: "Der Waffle Haus" is such a nice spot altough it isn't like German at all ;)

SBN
January 3rd, 2005, 05:13 PM
It's like if the networks want us viewers to have loyalty to the shows, then they at least have to have some form of respect towards the viewers. I don't know if you were a fan of Farscape TK 1401, but if your are not let me say what a lame #&*(#&@ SciFi channel was to make a big announcement that they signed the show to 2 years, and essentialy just months later say they were not going to renew after the first of the 2 year deal. Essentially leaving the show in a cliff-hanger.

I think the same can be said about Showtime and Odyssey 5. Big storyline gets yanked after 1st season so no one ever knows WTF happens. At least if some of these shows were in print form we could just read the book. Maybe that is a solution of sorts, stick to books and watch TV for the weather :)

David85
January 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Maybe that is a solution of sorts, stick to books and watch TV for the weather :)

But if the weather was rated like a TV then they would be fired after a day.

"It's going to be cloudy 35-40 with a cloating to an inch in the evining." -Weatherman

What happens....
3 to six inches of snow fall, 4-5 inches at my house.

I hope Manny Coto does release some book or something that gives us a hint of were Odyessey 5 was going. My mom started complaining that the show had storylines and none connected, then it was canceled and years later they finally showed the last episode. I said it was going somewhere HUGE.

And Welcome TK!

SBN
January 3rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Now all this talk of Odyessey 5 has made my desire to see the end come back again, just when I was over it! I did remember seeing something in the news on SciFi.com about the show coming back.

Now read this and see if this makes any sense. http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/535/535100p1.html

David85
January 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Now all this talk of Odyessey 5 has made my desire to see the end come back again, just when I was over it! I did remember seeing something in the news on SciFi.com about the show coming back.

Now read this and see if this makes any sense. http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/535/535100p1.html

Now Odyssey 5 has NO chance of coming back in a TV show form. And Manny Coto (Who is God, everyone remember that.) said after the show eneded the say thing being said about DLM. Only difference is through he needs to do SOMETHING to close off the storylines, I hope he will write a series of books to continue because he can't do the show again (The cute teenage is on some crapie NBC show.) and a movie of mini series will never explain everything. I mean just look at the last episode, all the things they could have done.

What also pissed me off is I taped all the episodes, they had them on Showtime 3 every Friday, except one Friday when they decided to show 4 episodes!!!!!! Even in death they still piss me off and that episode was REALLY important.

It makes sense to me so I will explain the article... took forever to load for no reason....

Odyssey 5 stopped on Shotime with the 14th episode, which is the one I'm missing!!! I thought it was just the season finale, but it wasn't. The show was then canceled and Showtime still didn't show the final 6 episodes. So this year they finally showed them, that's what they mean by "new".

This part I love... "While viewers in Canada and other countries were able to see what would be the final six episodes of the series soon after, viewers in the US have been left hanging since September of 2002."

I think the way the series ended for real was a whole hell of a bigger cliff hanger I eman damn!

This is all you need to know... "so don't look for any more Odyssey 5 in the near or distant future."

If Manny Coto aka God cannot save a superb show like Odyssey 5, then no one will be able to save the good show DLM.

Plus at least DLM is on DVD, still nothing from O5. :(

SBN
January 4th, 2005, 10:34 AM
And it doesn't always have to be a "great" ending, just something. I personally did not like the way Earth Final Conflict or First Wave ended, but I was sure pleased that I at least got to see the story through.

Think about Lord of the Rings only going past The Two Towers. Actually I remember as a child seeing the animated version titled "Lord of the Rings". They never made a sequal and to this day I can remember how frustrated I was that I did not get to see the ending (although I did read the books, and that helped on more ways than one).

My point is these shows with on-going conflicts/dramas are similar to books, just a different media. When a series like O5 is cut, it is if we get the first 20 chapters, but someone tore out the final 5. Worse anout O5 was the storyline was so intelligent. It made X-files alien conspiracy seem like Saturday morning cartoon garbage.

MartoufMarty
January 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Actually, they did make an animated version of The Return of the King.

It just wasn't by Ralph Bakshi.

It was by some other guy (I've never seen it). I've seen a couple stills from it, and it looks funny lol.

David85
January 4th, 2005, 12:40 PM
It made X-files alien conspiracy seem like Saturday morning cartoon garbage.

Because it was Saturday Morning cartoon garbage. :)

The X-Files was about how the Aliens are here and might kill us and how the government is supposedly hiding it.

In O5 we knew what as on the line, we saw the Earth go boom and our history and space travel all deals with it.

Dark Skies was like that too, all the important events were explained by dealing with aliens and alien cover ups. Another great show that never had a chance.

SBN
January 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM
In O5 we knew what as on the line, we saw the Earth go boom and our history and space travel all deals with it..

And that was one of the most interesting aspects of the show in my opinion, was how they dealt with their, and the whole world's, impending doom.

As far as the X-Files, I just never got in to that show like Stargate, O5, etc.. If I missed a few eps, no problem for me. But consider though I was one of the few who though Dogget was an upgrade to Mulder.

TK 1401
January 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Dark Skies was like that too, all the important events were explained by dealing with aliens and alien cover ups. Another great show that never had a chance.

Yes and the same with Earth 2 a few years ago... it was the first time for me to realize that people responsible for TV shows don't care about the show's story, but are only interested in the ratings.

If you spent some time to work on a show, I think it must be quiet unsatisfying to leave it without an ending.

DownFallAngel
January 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yes and the same with Earth 2 a few years ago... it was the first time for me to realize that people responsible for TV shows don't care about the show's story, but are only interested in the ratings.

If you spent some time to work on a show, I think it must be quiet unsatisfying to leave it without an ending.

I remeber EARTH 2. That show was good. Those dudes who always popped out of the ground used to scare me. I got hooked on that show, when it used to air on SciFi. I really think they should finish it, through a TV movie or something. Maybe make EARTH 2: THE MOVIE, instead of BOA VS PYTHON or something.

TK 1401
January 5th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Maybe make EARTH 2: THE MOVIE, instead of BOA VS PYTHON or something.

Good idea, very good idea ;)

I just read on http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/ that now it looks like WB is probably picking up DLM!

Hopefully!

SBN
January 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM
ROFL- check out the news underneath about Ashlee I cant sing if my life depended upon it Simpson. OMG that was horrible. Why do these people get any media attention when they have no talent? I guess the same goes for quality programs that get canceled, yet some of the worst shows stay on. Thus the state of affairs in entertainment these days.

p.s. My I was glad to hear Fox's "Whos your Daddy" failed miserably in the ratings. Sad there was not more Fox affiliates who refused to air the show like the station in North Carolina (I think it was NC).

MartoufMarty
January 5th, 2005, 02:47 PM
That 'Who's Your Daddy' idea is just so wrong on so many levels. It shouldn't have even been thought of.

blufeenix
January 6th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Just saw this at Syfyportal I've never seen the show but I knew there was a thread here for it

'Dead Like Me' Heading To The WB?
Cleaner version could be going to 'Smallville' network

Article (http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1662)

MartoufMarty
January 6th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Just saw this at Syfyportal I've never seen the show but I knew there was a thread here for it

'Dead Like Me' Heading To The WB?
Cleaner version could be going to 'Smallville' network

Article (http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1662)
Cleaner version? Why?

It's fine how it is :(

Shipperahoy
January 6th, 2005, 11:05 AM
It is surprisingly tame for a premium cable channel show but they can't say the F-word on regular t.v.. At least not yet. But I don't imagine they'll have to change anything other than the language. Even the violent deaths aren't as bad as some stuff I've seen on ER.

David85
January 6th, 2005, 01:35 PM
It is surprisingly tame for a premium cable channel show but they can't say the F-word on regular t.v.. At least not yet. But I don't imagine they'll have to change anything other than the language. Even the violent deaths aren't as bad as some stuff I've seen on ER.

They could have said the F word this time last year, if it was used as an adverb or something dumb like that, they took that back after the "boob" in the Super Bowl.

darman
January 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
here's the petition link if somebody would like to sign it...

http://www.petitiononline.com/dlm1218/petition.html

Bast
January 20th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Enterprise may get canceld soon pending how it goes , Honnestly if Ent waisnt a startrek series it would not have survived past its first season if not for that , It would have died last season if it waisnt for fan support and barely getting to season 4 by the skin of its teeth. It went low as 1.9 million ratings this season in some new episodes , Voyager in its lowest time was at 4.1 average which isnt bad since not even stargate has gone that far on sci fi.

The thing with trek is that there is a tradition and it always seems to happen that it takes till the fourth season for the show to really take off , Which to me is bad practice too keep since people dont have big patience for that now. Enterprise was a desperate mess untill now and I wish this season was the first one , because when a show loses its audiences its very dificult to get it back, Alot of shows have big premiers and then quickly die or fade out as in Enterprises case which is a slow and still continuing decline into hades.It had 12 million in its premier broken bow not even some reality tv shows got those kinds of ratings but Enterprise did but soon after it droped like a elephant flying out of the sky , "Strange new world" had 6 million viewers after premier still not bad at all , but then the next following episodes went down to 4 million , Ent stayed that way untill started to drop in season 2 and then they started doing attention grabers and desperate moves like the Borg and such , The Xindi in season 3 which I didnt find very good , It only slowed down the drop not stop or reverse it.

Season 4 the "(miracle season as I call it)" Since all odds said cancelation last year , The creativity is improved you got manny Coto and focus is now shifted on real relevant prequeil related stories, But the ratings are still declining even Brent Spiner could just keep the rating stabilized untill he was done and then it droped even more.Now the show is struggeling to maintain 2 million much less 3 like before.

Too bad since that upcoming episode Dark mirror looks cool having the TOS ship and the Gorn appear and seeing the alternate universe in the 22nd century.

Elwe Singollo
February 22nd, 2005, 10:21 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30460

:( Dead Like Me... DONT LEAVE!!!

Lida
May 24th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Don't know if there any Dead Like Me fans about, but Showtime ( you know them, they cancelled SG-1 AND Dead Like Me) will begin a complete 2 season marathon tonight, beginning 8 PM, EDT. If you have a cable company that has On Demand, it will also be there.

DLM was a very funny, very original show, definitely worth a look see. Both Teryl Rothery and Peter Williams had recurring guest spots in it. And it was filmed at The Bridge, in Vancouver, BC. Also, the scene in the waffle house in Threads, was the same set used in every episode of DLM. Bit of trivia. :rolleyes:

Date: May 24, 8 PM, EDT

MartoufMarty
May 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
B*stards... I'm so mad that they cancelled this show!

My parents were just really getting into it! They loved it!

... *is getting the DVDs*

July 19th Season 2!!!

MartoufMarty
May 24th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Oh and... I just started laughing when I saw the Waffle House in Threads... It took away a bit of the seriousness for me...

I was so hoping for a cameo appearance of the Dead Like Me cast... That would have cracked me up lol. Just see them sitting around at a table or booth handing out stickies lol. That would have been great lol.

Lida
May 24th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Oh and... I just started laughing when I saw the Waffle House in Threads... It took away a bit of the seriousness for me...

I was so hoping for a cameo appearance of the Dead Like Me cast... That would have cracked me up lol. Just see them sitting around at a table or booth handing out stickies lol. That would have been great lol.

I did too, and I kept looking for Rube and George.....it was a disappointment they weren't one of the seated Ancients! LOL

Right, the yellow stickies....NO purple ones! ROFL

I REALLY liked that series......so did Peter Williams. He was really disappointed when it was cancelled. :(

Glad there is at least one other fan here! ;)

MartoufMarty
May 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I did too, and I kept looking for Rube and George.....it was a disappointment they weren't one of the seated Ancients! LOL

Right, the yellow stickies....NO purple ones! ROFL

I REALLY liked that series......so did Peter Williams. He was really disappointed when it was cancelled. :(

Glad there is at least one other fan here! ;)
Well, there was a 'Dead Like Me Has Been Cancelled Those B*astards' thread, but I guess it's buried deep within the forum.

Lots of fans. Even someone (I forget who) has a Dead Like Me signature.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :P

Divinedaydreams
May 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks dor the heads up. Off to check On Demand or set DVR.

Egeria
May 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I've just watched this weeks DLM on SkyOne. They're showing S2, and me and the kids just adore it. Can't believe it's been cancelled....yet another quality show bites the dust. There's something wrong isn't there where progs like this get cancelled....yet every week there's a new Reality TV show being advertised. It sucks, there's not enough quality programming as it is...they should be making more not cancelling the ones they've got.:(

AGateFan
July 16th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I find this an oddly compelling show.
I laugh a lot while watching it but get very sad sometimes too.
I think it was quite well done and am saddened to hear it only went two seasons. :(

Its on HDNET on Sundays at 4:30 or Wendsdays at 9:00 if anyone is interested. Someone also said it is coming to Scifi so I would recommend it, though I assume they will heavily edit it (it was a showtime show originally so some of it is not made for regular TV).

Anyway, good show, deserves a thread, didnt see one so here you go. Does anyone else agree it is a great show or am I alone in my morbid curiosity of death? Oh, and for farscape people. I think Stark would have fit in great in this show :D.

yaaayoubetcha
July 16th, 2006, 07:21 AM
hopefully whatever editing that will be done will not detract from the show.

i think mainly it'll be language.

loved the show. really quite good.

debskec
July 17th, 2006, 11:48 AM
It is coming to scifi - it think on Tuesdays...? Don't remember the date, but did see it advertised on scifi's website.

Dead Like Me was a great show, thought-provoking and wonderfully twisted. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. And for those in the States who don't get scifi (evil Comcast) they have the show on DVD.

The DLM quote that lives on my desk:
Data Entry Guy: "Files don't just disappear"
George: "They do if you drop them down an elevator shaft" ;)

wanderingbynight
July 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I haven't seen the show, but I've been wanting to for a long time. I almost bought it on DVD, but I'm not a wealthy person (:P) and wanted to know more about it first. Maybe I should look into it again (since I now have a job)...

Egeria
July 17th, 2006, 03:15 PM
My favourite show ever, I'm still so sad that it was cancelled. :(

sueKay
July 17th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I only ever managed to see it a couple of times, but it was quirky, funny and quite brilliant.

I will never fathom how such a good show got cancelled :(

Teelie
July 17th, 2006, 03:37 PM
It was a great series. It's too bad it got cancelled after only two seasons.

All hail the USAF
July 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I love this show I hope it gets signed or the long haul....maybe Sci Fi will take it on and make new ones

full.infinity
July 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I only ever managed to see it a couple of times, but it was quirky, funny and quite brilliant.

I will never fathom how such a good show got cancelled :(
It was probably on Fox. They cancel good shows and leave the dreck aka reality TV.

All hail the USAF
July 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM
It was probably on Fox. They cancel good shows and leave the dreck aka reality TV.

It was originally on HBO

Oreo
July 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
It was on Showtime.

Stargate was on Showtime, same with Jereha (?), Odyssey 5, DLM. See a patern?

It was a good show, not the best but every fun, hope people like it.

FoolishPleasure
July 18th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Weird as I had never heard of this show before, but watched both episodes tonight. What a cool show - funny, sad, and I really liked George. I hope SciFi continues to show all the episodes.

MasySyma
July 21st, 2006, 05:04 PM
Dead Like Me was a fabulous show!!! I have my DVD's, and I watched the pilot on Scifi. They haven't edited the language too hard yet, but George and Mason's dialouge may get weird soon. :)

The execs at Showtime had no reason to cancel it either. :(

Lilith
July 21st, 2006, 11:31 PM
dude... i wanted to watch that show soo badly when it first came out on Showtime.... but i didn't have showtime.... watched the poilet on SciFi on tuesday... luv that show.... George reminds me so much of me :p except, i actually want to be a grim reaper ;)

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2006, 01:07 AM
Showtime makes really good shows, i really hated Showtime for a while after cancelling this superb show, but i cant really say anything, i dont know if showtime cancelled it, or something the actors/crew wanted.

Nonetheless, good two seasons of yummy stories. :)

Oreo
July 22nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Showtime canceled it because it's sci-fi. The only reason it got a second season was because of the praise of the first season. The ratings were never amazing and dropped. But mainly because it's a sci-fi fantasy show is why Showtime canned it.

I like the first 5-6 episodes the best, some real drama and emotion. Plus I like the charaters blend.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
I only caught S2 when it was on Sky but instantly got addicted. The characters are quirky and the situation their in was refreshing. The dark humour was really good. It felt like Scrubs but very intense. The S2 pilot had me wetting myself the first half but I was so close to crying in the second. And I don't cry alot at TV.

I went to a lot of trouble to get S1 and I really wish they'd bring S2 out here in the UK.

mckaychick
July 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
I have just seen a few episodes and i think its a good show so far

Oreo
July 22nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Did George have to take her first soul yet? That is amazingly well how she acts and everything. I think that might be this weeks episode.

I do find it funny that they have this show on at 7pm. It's not really family friendly.

AGateFan
July 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Did George have to take her first soul yet? That is amazingly well how she acts and everything. I think that might be this weeks episode.

I do find it funny that they have this show on at 7pm. It's not really family friendly.
You should see\hear the original version. I never would have thought they would have brought this to normal TV without ruining it with editing. But I guess scifi editors must be doing a decent job. I watch it on HDNET on Time Warner cable, they don't edit it (I dont think) and no commercial breaks.

Night Marshal
July 22nd, 2006, 09:22 PM
I first heard about his show when Art Bel (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/) was doing a interview with some of the cast one saturday night about two years ago. Since he has been playing the music from the show in his bumper every time he can. While it sad that it was cancaled we should be happy for what we have and that it didn't drag on like the simpsons to the point where we have no respect for it.

Enjoy it for what it is. Funny, Sad, and full of great music.

Oreo
July 23rd, 2006, 07:43 AM
You should see\hear the original version. I never would have thought they would have brought this to normal TV without ruining it with editing. But I guess scifi editors must be doing a decent job. I watch it on HDNET on Time Warner cable, they don't edit it (I dont think) and no commercial breaks.

I did watch it on Showtime when it first aired, that's why I'm amazed they stuck it on at 7. Of course Sci-fi stuck BSG on at 5 or 4 on Fridays recently and that is really out of place.

Lilith
July 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
i don't think they worried too much about it.... younger children don't really watch SciFi that much.... those who do like it are ussually of a much more mature nature imo.... i for one didn't really get interested into the scifi craze until i was 14, and even then i was much more mature than the majoity of my peers

-Major Woody
July 24th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Dead Like Me was a great show amd Showtime should die a horrible and grisly death as depicted in several episodes for cancelling it...and Jeremiah...and Odyssey 5...and The Outer Limits...and Total Recall...and SG-1...and on, and on, and on, and on....

Lilith
July 24th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Dead Like Me was a great show amd Showtime should die a horrible and grisly death as depicted in several episodes for cancelling it...and Jeremiah...and Odyssey 5...and The Outer Limits...and Total Recall...and SG-1...and on, and on, and on, and on....yea, but like someone once said... "The Owners of Showtime must be kicking their own Butts for getting rid of SG-1" [( i paraphrased )] in conjuction w/ the S10 premeire :D

Oreo
July 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM
yea, but like someone once said... "The Owners of Showtime must be kicking their own Butts for getting rid of SG-1" [( i paraphrased )] in conjuction w/ the S10 premeire :D

tobably not with the terrible numbers it got. :p

sandyer
July 26th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I agree Dead Like Me was a great show. Just curious who is everyones fav character. (mines Betty as she is an awesome character and if the show would've been really good if we could of seen a bit more backstory around her even though she's gone. (and how about the reaper killed guy that was plaugeing Daisy, even though he's gone how did everyone recover.))

Oreo
July 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I like Betty, the brown haired woman who only stayed a few episodes. I hate that blonde haired *****, HATE her. She get's better in season 2 but still.

debskec
July 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think Dolores was the most random character on that show - loved her! She had some of the best lines!

And I know it's the easy answer, but I really did like George. The beginning 'coming to terms' episodes are a bit annoying to go back and listen to, but watching the character's journey from that through to the end was really enjoyable.

Egeria
July 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I loved Betty, I really didn't like Daisy at first but she grew on me. My favourite character though has to be Dolores, she was just so funny.

USMCgrunt
July 28th, 2006, 05:47 PM
So is there any chance that this show might be saved by Scifi? Has it been off to long that the actors are involved in other things? I watched the whole first season in one day it was so good and I would love to see this show saved.

debskec
August 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
I would love if this show was saved!

Not sure if it will be, as Mandy Patankin (sp?) and Callum Blue were in other shows last fall. I know Mandy's show, "Criminal Minds" has been renewed for this fall, not sure if Callum's show "Related" has... it was on the WB, which is doing that whole merging-networks thing.

gatebuster64
August 2nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
did you know the set for the waffle house is the same set used for the Astral diner on sg1

-Major Woody
August 2nd, 2006, 06:41 PM
did you know the set for the waffle house is the same set used for the Astral diner on sg1The first thing I said when I saw that was, "Daniel is sitting at Rube's favorite table!" :cool:

Oreo
August 3rd, 2006, 11:58 AM
There is no chance of this show coming back.

AGateFan
August 6th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Question.

Spoiler for ep Last Call (I think, definitly late season 2)

So,what do you think. Do all gravelings come from people who are murdered by Grim Reapers. Or are gravelings just people who were bad in life and are thus sentenced to being a graveling and their manner of death is irrelevant?

Meaning was that guy doomed to begin with or only because Mason killed him? I think I have two eps left...maybe they will explain it.

Also, I knew that dog was doomed as soon as they introduced the animal reaper. Poo :(

KillerMercury
August 13th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I'm very unfortunate and do not get any premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc...), so it's a definite treat to get Dead Like Me on Skiffy. I have to say...I absolutely love it! I've actually read ahead on some of the episodes on both Seasons 1 and 2, and from what I can tell...Showtime is the Fox of cable TV. This was far from over. I say, start a revolution, a la Serenity!

kisstian
August 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
did you know the set for the waffle house is the same set used for the Astral diner on sg1
You know??? I was going to ask if anyone thought that was the same diner. I was going to watch that SG-1 episode again to determine whether or not it was. The show itself is pretty good and I have to admit, they came up with some pretty unique ways to die. Kudos to Sci Fi for picking up the reruns. Tuesdays have never been a good night for tv so with the addition of "Dead Like Me" and "Eureka", I have something to look forward to. Maybe now Sci Fi will actually get back to airing what we all started watching the network for in the first place.....Sci Fi.

tace
August 16th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I love how flippant the show could be and at the same time really touching and insightful.

Dolores! How could I forget Dolores?

Rube was a favorite of mine, and George and Mason, too. They were all such great, 3-dimensional characters. Even Daisy (the blonde)--she seemed so stereotypical until partway through the second season. There were scenes that made my heart ache for her.

Makes me wonder what they could have done with the show if it'd been allowed to continue.

pattirose
August 16th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Great show! They always cancel the great ones - what a shame. Such an original different storyline and great characters - I loved them all!
George and Daisy, Mason and Rube - totally awesome!

I've liked Mandy Potamkin since Chicago Hope and they cancelled that one too! Why do they cancel the great ones and leave us with nothing but reality dreck??

shop_S_mart
September 2nd, 2006, 11:11 AM
I'm bringing this thread back to front page, I love this show and I wish I was a graveling, I loved it when one peed on the diving board, it was GREAT!

gatebuster64
September 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Rube has always been a mystery to me, one day he's so blissful and serene, the next day he gets on everyone's nerves, maybe because everyone gets on his nerves

Lida
October 1st, 2006, 08:14 PM
It was a great show, and easily had one or two more seasons of stories left to tell. Funny, it was cancelled more than 2 years ago, and The Bridge still has it on it's marquee, they didn't remove it, they just added Atlantis.;)

penguininablender
November 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
OK, I have become addicted to dead like me ever since they began playing it on scifi. (one of the few smart things they have done lately). Anyway, I was wondering if there were any other fans of the show out there. I though this place could be a place where fans could discuss favorite eps, ships, and all around favorite moments of the short lived show.

cshawzye
November 20th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I'm in!! I love Dead Like Me! My mom introduced me to it and from the first episode I saw I was hooked. Have the seasons on DVD and watch them all the time. Such a smart show. And I LOVE Mandy Patinkin! Think he's a great actor (one of the reasons I now can't get enough of a new show called Criminal Minds) :D

SaberBlade
November 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM
Mandy Patinkin is great. I've recently went through a Criminal Minds craving lately and it's great to see such an incredible actor from DLM do something equally as enjoyable.

I first got into DLM when it first aired in the UK. I was immediately drawn to the show with it's funny dark sense of humour and it's overall unique approach to things (which like Criminal Minds is a rarity in this day and age). The cast was very enjoyable to watch, each was as unique as the next and the show overall was well written, very funny and just great to watch.

Unfortunately viewers didn't see it that way and such a great show ended so early, and after that last episode... oh god they needed to do something after that. I was disappointed after seeing the last episode at what could have come.

sueKay
November 21st, 2006, 10:27 AM
I've seen this show a few times, and I love it!!!!

spoilers for atlantis
Laura Harris will be in season 3 episode 'the game' :)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
November 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
I <3 Dead Like Me. Very smart show Extremely clever humor.

Anyone else notice that they used the Der Waffle Haus set for the ascended diner in Threads?

Orovingwen
November 21st, 2006, 10:28 PM
Das Waffel Haus^^

I love the show! it's so cool. it doesn't air here but.. well y'know ;) Is it still on? somebody told me it's chancelled :(

Mason is so cool, kinda remind me on Doyle (Angel) he's also dead..just that thats the point not the end *grins*(<-some people may not have seen Angel)
and of course Mandy Perkins, I didn't like him that much in teh beginning but after a few episodes I loved him (like Dolores^^)

penguininablender
November 22nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
*squeals because her thread has actually caught on...for once*

I absolutely adore mandy patkin. He has a very magnetic personality. I actually started watching DLM because I heard he was in it. I love Barbara Streisand and he was in a movie called Yentl with her in the 70's. I reccomend the movie to anyone who wants to see mandy when he was younger...he was actually quite the looker, lol. Thanks for the atlantis spoiler! I'm really excited now:D.

OK, I have a question. Is it just me or is Callum Blue the voice of the Geico Gecko?

gatebuster64
November 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
there's already a thread like this at http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31110

pattirose
November 22nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Mandy Patinkin was also very very hot in The Princess Bride.
Amazon.com has the first season of DLM on sale for $15.99 I am seriously thinking of getting it - great series!

mckaychick
November 24th, 2006, 03:34 PM
i think its a pretty good show myself

penguininablender
November 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I have ordered the first season off of Amazon and should be getting it pretty soon. I didnt know he was in the princess Bride! who did he play??? *goes to get the princess bride from movie case*

Sorry if there was already a thread like this. I checked around and couldnt find one. I plan on staying on this one until a mod says otherwise :D.

cshawzye
November 25th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I have ordered the first season off of Amazon and should be getting it pretty soon. I didnt know he was in the princess Bride! who did he play??? *goes to get the princess bride from movie case*

I didn't realize it was him at first either. He plays Inigo Montoya. Does a great job in the movie.

The other kind of "spot the actor" moment I've had with this show is with Callum Blue (Mason). I didn't recognize him at first but in the Princess Diaries 2 (yes i watch some strange things) he plays the prince Andrew. It's a role totally different then Mason.

Speaking of Mason. Has anyone seen the season 2 opener "Send In the Clown?" I thought it was a great episode in terms of character development for Mason. Great episode all around, actually. One of my favourites.

silence
November 26th, 2006, 03:06 AM
thanks to this thread i checked it and i really like it.... really good show.

thnx. :)

theonebluegecko
November 27th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I love dead like me. I completely missed it whenever it was on TV before, but, like Firefly before it, SciFi has caused me to become addicted to another show (another show that had sadly been canceled and will have no more episodes.)

penguininablender
November 28th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I didn't realize it was him at first either. He plays Inigo Montoya. Does a great job in the movie.

The other kind of "spot the actor" moment I've had with this show is with Callum Blue (Mason). I didn't recognize him at first but in the Princess Diaries 2 (yes i watch some strange things) he plays the prince Andrew. It's a role totally different then Mason.

Speaking of Mason. Has anyone seen the season 2 opener "Send In the Clown?" I thought it was a great episode in terms of character development for Mason. Great episode all around, actually. One of my favourites.

yep...after I read your post I was fored to watch the princess bride and I immediately recognized him. Thanks...I love the movie even more now, lol. I did see im in Princess Diaries 2...complete opposite of mason, lol. I love send in the clown (teehee...both season one and 2 came in the mail and I am reaaaaaaallllly happy). You get to see him have a deeper level of feelings rather than just being goofy
the part with naughty balloon animals gets me every time, lol, as well as the back tattoo

cshawzye
November 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
yep...after I read your post I was fored to watch the princess bride and I immediately recognized him. Thanks...I love the movie even more now, lol. I did see im in Princess Diaries 2...complete opposite of mason, lol. I love send in the clown (teehee...both season one and 2 came in the mail and I am reaaaaaaallllly happy). You get to see him have a deeper level of feelings rather than just being goofy
the part with naughty balloon animals gets me every time, lol, as well as the back tattoo

Ooohhh, enjoy your sets. The show is so addictive. Once I start watching episodes I just can't stop! I always end up watching 3 or 4 when I only meant to sit down and watch 1. Such a good show! :D

Oreo
November 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I recently bought both seasons for under $40, great show. And the viwers were there, Showtime is just anti-scifi.

Damnit! I paid like $38 for DLM and now http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ is having it b1g1 and it will only cost you $27 for the complete show!

cshawzye
November 30th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Damnit! I paid like $38 for DLM and now http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ is having it b1g1 and it will only cost you $27 for the complete show!

eek! Gotta hate when that happens. You got them a lot cheaper than I did. I should've shopped around a bit more for mine. :P

penguininablender
December 2nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
aww....I payed 38 too!!! Oh well, that's life!

Oreo
December 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Even wrse I have to return one of them because the last disc on the forst season set doesn't work!!!

GRRRRRRR...

Allestian
December 3rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
I have season one on DVD and it was pretty much the first time that I had seen it. I'm glad I got it though because I thought it was brilliant.

:D

Fave character - Mason.

penguininablender
December 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I have season one on DVD and it was pretty much the first time that I had seen it. I'm glad I got it though because I thought it was brilliant.

Fave character - Mason.

mason is my favorite too. one of my fav mason lines
(Little Boy): What are you supposed to be)
Mason: Well, have you heard of a Brit?
Boy: No
Mason: Well I'm a Brit

Spacegirlnz
December 6th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Oh, I like this show! It just started, like last night, on NZ telly. I've seen one other episode and I really like it just from these 2 episodes. :D

Lida
December 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Big fan here.....was not happy when Showtime cancelled after two seasons. I have a giant poster with everyone's sig on it, unfortunately, it's really large......have to wait until I move to hang it.

Thought is was a great premise and very well acted, written and directed.

penguininablender
December 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Big fan here.....was not happy when Showtime cancelled after two seasons. I have a giant poster with everyone's sig on it, unfortunately, it's really large......have to wait until I move to hang it.

Thought is was a great premise and very well acted, written and directed.

yeah, it was great. I think the big thing was that it wasnt like anything else that was on tv before...it was unique.

ok, I had a dlm moment the other day. I was strollimg down the frozen aisle when I passed the miniature waffles and I turned to my mom and said "why does society feel the need to miniaturize food?"...I love Rube

Oreo
December 29th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Both seasons for only $37 on amazon.com

Elite Anubis Guard
January 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
I loved this show. I remember watching the S2 premiere and I remember just how upset I got watching Mason. That's when I knew it was a great show. I've got S1 on DVD and really need S2.

penguininablender
January 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I loved this show. I remember watching the S2 premiere and I remember just how upset I got watching Mason. That's when I knew it was a great show. I've got S1 on DVD and really need S2.

I loved that ep, it really showed how vulnerable that mason actually is, that he's not just the stoner. (he is my favorite :D)

Sci-Fi
April 18th, 2007, 12:09 PM
From Moviehole:

Dead Like Me movie greenlit! (http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070418_dead_like_me_movie_greenlit.html)

by Clint Morris
April 18, 2007

This is bound to please, well, not only fans of the TV show but anyone whose dead sceptical anytime rumours pop up suggesting a feature film of a cult TV series is in the works (because such rumours are usually piss and wind).

“Dead Like Me”, the popular TV series starring Mandy Patinkin and Ellen Muth, is returning in the film of a film – albeit a film that’ll only be available in DVD Stores.

MGM tells us that Stephen Herek (“The Mighty Ducks”) has been roped into directing the new DTV “Dead Like Me” film. At this stage, there’s no word on who’ll be starring in the film – but hopefully they’ll stick with the original gang.

The series told of a Georgia (Muth) a young woman that is regrettably killed by a toilet seat and forced to work as a grim reaper.

unowhoandwhy
April 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM
If they stick with the original cast then it might be a fun romp. But, if they don't... hmmm... I will wait & see.

FoolishPleasure
April 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I also heard that one of the original writers was hired to do the script!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

They need Ellen Muth, but I don't know if they could get everyone else. If not, they could explain newbies by saying the others had met their quotas and moved on.

OMG. . .they HAVE to get Delores too! *LOL*

Shipperahoy
April 18th, 2007, 01:53 PM
OMG!!! If they can get the original cast back this is just about the best news ever. I can't even explain how disapointed I was when the show got canned because there was so much left to explain about George and why she was special. They at least have to get Mandy Patinkin along with Ellen Muth. It just wouldn't be Dead Like Me without him.

cshawzye
April 18th, 2007, 01:56 PM
How awesome!! :D Very cool news. Made my day.

It'd be awesome if they could bring the original cast back to it. That would be soooo good. I'll be ecstatic though if they can get Mandy Patinkin to do it!

SaberBlade
April 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
This is great news!

They most definitely need to get the original cast back, I just hope Mandy Patinkin can spare the time from Criminal Minds.

Personally I hope they all come back, as it would not be the same without them. If they can also work in what happened to Betty (Rebecca Gayheart) then ever better. But I do believe they need to keep it in real time, not carrying it on directly after the finale. At least this way they can explain any cast not returning and why Britt McKillip has aged 5 years.

I'm most definitely looking forward to this.

the fifth man
April 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'm most definitely looking forward to this.

Same here.:)

Jonas
April 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
This is good news. I just hope they get the cast back. I started watching this show last summer when Sci-fi started showing and fell in love with it.

Krisz
April 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Oh this is such good news! I really hope the cast we know and love are in it as I wholeheartedly agree that it wouldn't be the same without them. All back together in Der Waffle Haus!

And yes, Dolores...Herbig 'as in her big brown eyes' has got to be in it too, I love that character!

Maybe now we can get a satisfactory ending to a show that was unjustly cut off in its prime!!!

FoolishPleasure
April 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
The Dead Like Me Online forum has Ellen Muth and the gal who played Crystal as "confirmed"!

cshawzye
April 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Fantastic! Great to hear that Ellen Muth is confrimed. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the cast!

jds1982
April 20th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Well this just made my day.

parisindy
April 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM
my friend is squeaaing like crazy over this... hehe i haven't ever even seen the show...i should try and track it down :D

Krisz
April 20th, 2007, 09:16 PM
my friend is squeaaing like crazy over this... hehe i haven't ever even seen the show...i should try and track it down :D

Track it down fast!! :D

You will be hooked...I bought both seasons on DVD on the off chance that it looked funny from trailers I'd seen a couple of years before and never got round to actually watching it. I ended up watching every episode at every available moment for a week until I'd seen them all. I couldn't stop!!!

Spacegirlnz
April 21st, 2007, 02:49 AM
I am so squeeeeeing right now! I'm so excited! I love this show soooooo much!! How exciting!

AGateFan
April 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yay. Ok its direct to DVD but its not like it needs a huge buget anyway. I just hope they can get the original cast and I hope they tell a full story and not just leave it open for further sequels (unless it can do both).

Oreo
April 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
This hardly has been reported so I'll wait before I get all happy.

Plus just because they ok a TV movie doesn't mean it will suck. It could have nothing to do with the show or missing charaters so who knows.

MmmmMcKAy
April 25th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I love Dead Like Me and was so disappointed that it only went for 2 seasons. A movie(with the same cast) would be incredible.:)

Oreo
April 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
The problem I see is that the cast now stars in regular shows so hopefully they can fit it in during break times.

Snowflake
April 30th, 2007, 01:39 PM
The problem I see is that the cast now stars in regular shows so hopefully they can fit it in during break times.

I agree. But I so hope everyone is in it. I loved this show!

Oreo
July 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM
A little over two months ago, I told you that a made-for-DVD movie was in the works for Showtime's Dead Like Me. Ellen Muth, star of the series, announced on her MySpace page that she's been informed the series could make a come back on TV if the movie sells well.

In her post, Muth mentions a new concept being featured in the movie and that fans should give it a chance. Does that mean reapers will not get Post Its anymore?

Muth says that she is not allowed to talk about said new concept or the movie. The only info she does give is in answer to whether Mandy Patinkin is back or not: "It's no secret that Mandy has his own show now so he can't be involved in two at once so, there you go." In one reply to fan comments, the actress says "Change is the only thing in life that remains constant." After seeing that fans are reacting to the word "change" a little too much, the actress tries to reassure everyone by saying that "it's still the same story line [and] just a few new changes [are] being [because] Mandy isn't in it and because time, two years, have passed."

Ellen Muth also reveals that Bryan Fuller is not involved with the movie since he is working on Heroes. Muth says that if the series comes back to life it is possible it won't be on Showtime. She doesn't know if it will be on Sci Fi or another network. "I think the producers will have to shop it around," she answers.

I expect changes as the characters surely evolved since they are doing a time jump between the last episode and the movie. I'm all for change but there is such a thing as too much changes. What do you hope for the movie and said new concept?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/09/dead-like-me-movie-and-series-news/

Her blog...

Just to let all you DLMers out there know that this past week, I have been informed that after this "Dead Like Me" movie comes out, it may, go back to series. After seeing the movie, you'll have to be the judge of whether or not you like the new concept. Give it a chance. I know we all hate change but it has been two years since season 2 so there has to be evolution.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=148913492&blogID=282378780

This is sad news, all the charaters worked wonderfuly and Ruben was like a dad to everyone.

I don't see why he couldn't be in the movie at least a little bit. There are off times for TV shows. I understand that he can't do two TV shows at once, but DLM might not come back anyways. A movie and TV show show be do-able.

At least some of the cast is coming back, but what's his name the drunk is on a Showtime show, and I think the blonde is in some new show. So hopefully they will deside to just do movies and forget about bringing the show back, it's almost impossible through to do a TV show again.

And what do you think the "new concept" will be? I hope it's like the kids and the pets souls. That was nice and new.

MmmmMcKAy
July 9th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I just adore Dead Like Me. I will be soooo thrilled if they do a movie(just hope it doesn't disappoint). No Mandy Patinkin is a bummer. He was like a father to all of them and will be missed.

Yes, I think Laura Allen, who played Daisy Adair, has another show now too. I don't know about the guy who plays Mason or the woman who plays Roxy.

Oreo
July 9th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Mason ! I forgot everyones names, he's on Showtimes "The Tutors" about King Henry the 8th.

Krisz
July 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I'd love to see the return of this show. While it is sad that Mandy Patinkin can't be in it, I believe the wonderful concept and originality of this show will carry it through even with some new faces.

FoolishPleasure
July 13th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I've heard that the gal who played Crystal has confirmed (she posted herself on a DLM forum), along with Ellen. Haven't heard about the others but I hope they can get as many as possible.

My feeling is Rube will have met his quota and moved on (which would explain his absence). Maybe George is handing out the post-its now. ;)

EDIT:

Just saw this!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=56b8d285-1ccc-4df7-ab1b-2f357a57d0d6&sid=fd-kristin#commentstart

July 13th, 2007, 09:17 AM
season 1 was cool, never saw season 2, was it any good?

FoolishPleasure
July 13th, 2007, 11:03 AM
season 1 was cool, never saw season 2, was it any good?

Season 2 was just as good, if not better. You find out more about what the gravlings are, delve into more backstory on the other reapers (especially Rube), meet a boy who is a reaper for beloved pets, and the Halloween episode was especially cool! Rent the season if you can.

MmmmMcKAy
July 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Season 2 of Dead Like Me is great. And you do get more background on the characters. I've seen both seasons of DLM really cheap too.:)

Oreo
July 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Even if he is off his new TV show they already started filming the movie, Rube's replacement is already hired and everything. Rube isn't coming back.

Ruined_puzzle
July 13th, 2007, 07:07 PM
From http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070713_tv_cast_returns_for_dead_like.html

“When Calvin Kane, a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead, takes over Rube's [the character played by Patinkin] Head Reaper duties, all hell breaks loose, bringing out the worst in Daisy, Roxy, and Mason. George, however, is determined to set her latest, botched reap right, especially because the boy who was supposed to die, Hudson Hart, is her little sister Reggie's secret boyfriend. In the process, George and Reggie re-connect for real, for the first time.”

By the way Daisy is going to be recasted. I don't like that.

Nikki
July 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM
OMG! I loved this show and am SOO glad it's coming back (movie or tv). Although I think I'm gonna have to rewatch both seasons. I hate watching a new season of something and not remembering exactly what happened before hand. I know freaky. :rolleyes:

Oreo
July 13th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Damn I was afraid Daisy wouldn't make it back.

Could they possible pick a worst time to make this movie? The actress playing Daisy is in a TV pilot that will most likely fail and Rube might not be on that show any longer. They couldn't have waited another year to make it?

cshawzye
July 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yay! I absolutely love DLM. Brilliant show. Glad to hear that it's getting a chance to come back out and reach more people. :D Can't wait!

EDIT:

Just saw this!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=56b8d285-1ccc-4df7-ab1b-2f357a57d0d6&sid=fd-kristin#commentstart Completely OT, but as a huge Criminal Minds fan, that puts me on edge a little.

Though, even if Mandy isn't coming back to DLM full time, it'd free up a bit of his time to do a cameo or something. Eeek, I'm conflicted about that news.

From http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070713_tv_cast_returns_for_dead_like.html

“When Calvin Kane, a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead, takes over Rube's [the character played by Patinkin] Head Reaper duties, all hell breaks loose, bringing out the worst in Daisy, Roxy, and Mason. George, however, is determined to set her latest, botched reap right, especially because the boy who was supposed to die, Hudson Hart, is her little sister Reggie's secret boyfriend. In the process, George and Reggie re-connect for real, for the first time.”

By the way Daisy is going to be recasted. I don't like that. It actually sounds like an interesting concept. It could end up working really well. Especially if they wrap up a bit of the story with Rube and connect it with his s2 arc. Which might contrast things really well and would wrap up loose ends for long time fans ... hmmm.

As for Dasiy and recasting ... I wish they didn't have to but I think I'm gonna wait to see how they recast the role. It could be ok.

MmmmMcKAy
July 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Oh no!!! A different Daisy:(. That sucks. I hope the replacements are really good. So Mason and Roxy will be the original actors???

Oreo
July 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Oh no!!! A different Daisy:(. That sucks. I hope the replacements are really good. So Mason and Roxy will be the original actors???

For now, yes.

Mason however is on The Tutors so we shall see. But I don't htink his role is very large.

FoolishPleasure
July 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Mason, Roxy, Reggie, George's mom, and Crystal are returning. Since Crystal is there, George must still be with Happy Time. I hope Dolores returns!

Krisz
July 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Mason, Roxy, Reggie, George's mom, and Crystal are returning. Since Crystal is there, George must still be with Happy Time. I hope Dolores returns!

I hope Dolores returns too, what a character, I'm sure she reminds a lot of people of someone they've worked with, she does for me!

I'm so glad it was realised how stupid it was to pull a wonderfully engaging original show like this when it was just getting into its stride!

MmmmMcKAy
July 14th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Yay for Crystal! She was great. And Dolores Herbig...what an amazing character. And the actress who played her is superb.

Yay also for Reggie and Mom coming back. I disliked the mom at first but came to like her as the show progressed.

Arga
July 18th, 2007, 03:07 PM

I'm joining your thread!

I've loved DLM for a long time and I never had the idea to check here if it had a thread.. :S
I almost created one but I had the good idea to check first.
On Ellen Muth's Myspace page, I learned about the news of the come back of the show!
so maybe we can expect more items on eBay from her! ;)

I've read somewhere that the stargate episode "threads" was filmed in the settings of the Waffle Hause. You know if it's true?

Oreo
July 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM

I've read somewhere that the stargate episode "threads" was filmed in the settings of the Waffle Hause. You know if it's true?

Yep, same place.

Oreo
July 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
SOme more spoilers and it's not good, not good at all. Actually it sounds like the new person in charge of the show has never watched season 2 on the show. In case you don't want to read the spoilers I will give a very basic summury...

The completely screwed up Daisy's charater.

Daisy will not be played by Laura Harris since the actress is attached to the new series Women's Murder Club. The character will be in the movie. (It gets worse)

Rube was not set to appear in the movie since Patinkin was not available. Now that he left Criminal Minds, it is unknown if they were able to at least have him cameo to give his character a proper send off. However, it is highly unlikely this will happen as shooting was already in progress when he and Minds parted ways. (One of our readers says that the movie wrapped up shooting a few days ago.)

According to the Dead Like Me Wikipedia page, at least two new characters are introduced: Calvin Kane, a new head reaper, and Hudson Hart, Reggie's secret boyfriend. Calvin is described as a "slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead"; Hudson is someone whose soul George is supposed to reap. Because of Hudson, George and Reggie re-connect for the first time since George's death. Daisy is attracted to Calvin; Calvin, in turn, helps Daisy land an understudy role in a production of After the Fall. Daisy deliberately injures the play's lead actress, (So much for the charater development of Daisy in season 2) taking over her role, though the subsequent stress leads her to drinking heavily (Once again did they bother to watch the show? There are only like 26 episodes), even during performances.

Ellen Muth confirms that she'll be narrating in the movie as she was in the series. (THANK GOD)

Calvin throws a party at his luscious penthouse. The city's elite along with Roxy, Daisy, Mason and George are invited. As always Daisy tries to have George be and look like someone she is not. (*BANGS HEAD AGAINST THE WAY*) George is pissed off because Calvin mess up on a reap time he gave her. Daisy is ecstatic at the idea of being the understudy for the lead in After the Fall. Of course (and as said in spoilers above), she will not leave it to just being an understudy; she wants to be under the spotlight. When things go awry in Daisy's career, Calvin starts dating a richer woman who he says as less attitude than Daisy. At the party, Mason is drunk and chatting with two hot blonde women both named Tiffany. Later in the movie, Roxy is at a bus crash site and discovers that the reap she saved is now dead.

Teelie
July 31st, 2007, 12:50 PM
It was sad when it was cancelled the first time, now with the movie and potential for a series revival, I have my hopes up. None of the changes as yet are enough to deter me and I'll reserve judgement for how bad it got "screwed up" until I've actually seen it.

SaberBlade
July 31st, 2007, 01:11 PM
Personally I could see Rube meeting his final quota sometime during the movie, thus allowing him to work on Criminal Minds. It would be ashame to just write him out instead of having Mandy back on set to play him in some role. The show could end up being very similar to the original but lacking Rube and having Roxy in charge.

However, I would rather see Rube being sent somewhere thus allowing his occasional presence if he so wished it.

I am looking forward to the movie, and I am definitely hoping DVD sales will be strong enough for a return to TV (please, no Scifi channel). The show definitely had a lot of appeal to me with it's dark humour and I would love to see it return in some fashion, so yay for movie and prays for series.

Oreo
July 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM
He quite Criminal Minds in the middle of filming the movie.

They should have made the movie 1-2 years ago or next year, really bad timing.

Last year or so Daisy would have been on it, the year before that Daisy and Bryan Fuller could be in it. Next year they could have gotten the whole cast back because Laura Harris's new show will most likely be canceled. :)

Arga
July 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
in the show, they said rippers don't appear to us as their original self.
So maybe they can explain that Daisy's appearance changed because she spent too long in her "Laura Harris" face, and it could be suspicious. (other people who aged would notice she's still young)..
but I doubt they would try to explain it whatsoever...

I'd love if they could take the new found freedom of Mandy Patinkin to insert his last rip, even if it messed up their planned storyboard.
I agree they could have had a better timing producing it.

Oreo
July 31st, 2007, 04:38 PM
The timing issue is MGM's fault and they weren't gonig to say no to making a movie.

The whole reaper looks thing is interesting. it seems to me, but not confirmed of course, that the reapers look different to the living and not the undead/dead. So we see them as they looked like when they were alive.

In the finale episode it's Halloween and that's the day people can see you for the real you, and someone did notice Daisy at that time. Every once and awhile the reapers change their names so people don't notice their age. Plus they do move around sometimes too.

Teelie
July 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM
The reapers faces changing and being recognized has been altered slightly from the original premise. I think it changed to they only look different to people they knew in life and look like they used to look to everyone else, except on Halloween. There were a few other "creative" changes after the original creator left the series.