This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiation inside a wormhole

What kind of radiation would a wormhole have inside? Given that atoms lose their electrons when particles reach closer to the speed of light leaving only a nucleus, I assume there'll be traces of this ionizing radiation, which does significant damage to DNA in that event. So wouldn't there accumulating damage to a person at that rate?

Plus......

Wouldn't there be protection required at the gate when the iris is open to prevent certain 'space radiation' contamination?
    Last edited by Kensterman; 08 October 2005, 07:05 PM.
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Originally posted by Kensterman
    What kind of radiation would a wormhole have inside? Given that atoms lose their electrons when reaching the speed of light leaving only a nucleus, I assume there'll be traces of this ionizing radiation, which damages DNA in that event.

Wouldn't there be needed protection at the gate when the iris is open to prevent certain 'space radiation' contamination?
    Remember, matter is converted into energy during transit. So in theory the weak force would not apply and there would be no radiation

Comment

What kind of radiation would a wormhole have inside? Given that atoms lose their electrons when particles reach closer to the speed of light leaving only a nucleus, I assume there'll be traces of this ionizing radiation, which does significant damage to DNA in that event. So wouldn't there accumulating damage to a person at that rate?

Plus......

Wouldn't there be protection required at the gate when the iris is open to prevent certain 'space radiation' contamination?
      Matter is converted into energy and is sent through a wormhole which is a tunnel through subspace and then get reassembled on the other side.
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
        subspace
        Argh!

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Well, I guess being in a vacuum there would be none. Hmm, but then I wonder would there be some type of exposure, if there is any, after the conversion at the moment in time when energy is converted back to matter.
          Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

What kind of radiation would a wormhole have inside?
            well lets see
            i doubt its radioactive...
            possible there may be heat radiating. Sound, but there is no atmosphere...
            *goes off mumbling about wormholes *

Comment

Then again we'll never know what really kind of particules/radiation that might exist until we actually can create a wormhole -- I guess we'll never really know and it's all left in speculation and theory. Kinda like "Hawkings Radiation" -- existing in black holes perimiters, and harmless, so maybe there'll be stuff like that inside, but all in theory but never proven for now <sigh>.

Quantum mechanics n' theory -- if only there is a theory of everything!
              Don't make me zat you

Comment

Well, I guess being in a vacuum there would be none.
                Gah! You think that radiation can't exist in a vacuum? How then do you propose the sun heats the earth? Or that we see the stars at night?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Why would an atom spontaneously ionize at relativistic speeds, and how is that even relavant since a wormhole doesn't take you near c? Ionized atoms are not ionizing radiation. There is no DNA since the gate converts you into matter. The only things inside a wormhole would be what you put there.
                  Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Quite true! Who posted that? Given there is radiation in a vacuum environment; otherwise as you said, we'd be toast if we didn't get the solar radiation/energy to heat us up nice n' toasty.

I guess I should have put it in a way in reference to radiation, if any, would disperse after travel resulting in no accumulation and almost non existent. Come to think of it, I guess they won't need any form of protection from.
                    Last edited by Kensterman; 09 October 2005, 06:52 AM.
                    Don't make me zat you

Comment

I was thinking in the frame of mind that particles in space are moving at such great speed(not necessary having to travel at the speed of light) that the speed of a particle of space radiation would ionize an atom; hence yielding what is called ioinizing radiation.
                      Last edited by Kensterman; 09 October 2005, 06:53 AM.
                      Don't make me zat you

Comment

Working...
                      X