X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cage Brings 'Dresden Files' to Sci Fi

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...919|1|,00.html

Nicolas Cage has become the latest Hollywood A-lister to do business with the Sci Fi Channel, signing on to executive produce a movie/pilot for the cable network.

Cage's company, Saturn Films, and Lions Gate TV are backing a two-hour movie called "The Dresden Files." The movie is based on a series of novels by Jim Butcher about Chicago private eye Harry Dresden, whose sleuthing abilities are aided by the fact that he's a wizard.

The movie is scheduled to begin shooting later this fall, with Toronto standing in for the Windy City, and is due to premiere next summer. If it does well enough, Sci Fi has an option to pick it up as a series.
    Hans Beimler ("The District") and Robert Wolfe ("The 4400"), who worked together on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," are writing the script for "The Dresden Files," which will introduce Dresden and the unique way he works. He's able to see otherworldly forces at work in cases that look like run-of-the-mill crimes, and sometimes consults with the police when they need a supernatural hand.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Damn, I was going to start a thread about this from the SciFi Wire Article
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32738
    sigpic

Comment

I thought about going with the scifi wire one but then I plumped for the zap2it one
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

hmm

i liked The District for a bit....and I really like 4400...but when they got together and worked on DS9 i vomited.

that does not bode well in my view, but i'll probably give it a chance since it can be no worse than mansquito or any of the large snake/croc movies they seem so eager to throw money at.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
          but i'll probably give it a chance since it can be no worse than mansquito or any of the large snake/croc movies they seem so eager to throw money at.
          That's an excellent way to look at things. It's good way to gage things. You can appreciate almost any film when you compare it to Mansquito and friends. Things can only go up from there

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
          X