This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comics to Movies etc.

What comics do you think would make a descent transition the big or small screen?
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

The Green lantern...
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I´d like to see a good Spawn movie but if we are talking about comics that have yet to be made into movies then I´d say that Iron Man and Thor stand out.

Plenty of other comics I´d also like to see like Flash, Green Lantern, Avengers, JLA.

Comment

I'd love to see a live action G.I. Joe movie on the big screen.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Green Arrow - Longbow Hunters era moreso than the trick arrows era.

I generally don't think team movies translate well to the screen....not established titles anyway....i like both X-Men movies, but would rather see a solo Wolverine or Colossus movie.

I think Lobo would make a funny comedy/adventure movie...tho i hate his character in ink...a talented writer could come up with something campy and amusing.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

2000AD comic's classic tale of future war Rogue Trooper.
            There's maybe two actors who could convincingly play the part, either Vin Diesel or The Rock.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

X-Men oh wait thats already a movie
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                Flash, Green Lantern, Avengers, JLA.
                The Flash was turned into a TV series about 10-15 years or so ago, only lasted one season.

The Avengers - doubtful. Too many different production companies own the movie rights to different characters.

JLA - ditto.
                sigpic

Comment

the new comic movies and tv series in the works(Xmen3,Aquaman etc...) reminded of this thread. so what comics do you think would make a good transition. One that hasn't had the oppurtunity or one that you think previous attempts didn't do justice. Mine are:

Doctor Strange,Iron Man, Green Lantern, Deathlok and Star Wars:Jedi vs Sith.
                  Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I'd quite like to see a new Captain America movie. Ideally, it'd be set entirely during WWII and tell the origin story of Cap and Bucky Barnes.

I think Neal McDonough (Lt. Hawk in Star Trek: First Contact, and Sgt. "Buck" Compton in Band of Brothers) would be ideal to play the lead as Steve Rogers/Captain America.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again She-Hulk (albeit she's whorish in the comic book..but she almost turned Juggernaut straight...Hahahah) and I'd also like to see Storm in her own film...or with the X-treme team. I would also like it if Captain America got movie remake. That 80s one was turd and they could do better than that...
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                        the new comic movies and tv series in the works(Xmen3,Aquaman etc...) reminded of this thread. so what comics do you think would make a good transition. One that hasn't had the oppurtunity or one that you think previous attempts didn't do justice. Mine are:

Doctor Strange,Iron Man, Green Lantern, Deathlok and Star Wars:Jedi vs Sith.

Hmmmm.you listed some great ones, Aquaman(throw in aqaulad and we got a deal), also DS and IM..oh I love those guys. Nice nice mentions.

All in all I think there should be a Justice League/Superfriends film in general. I would just really like to see all my favorite people, minus those Wonder Twins...what was that?!
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I don't know whether the transition would be a good one or not but I'd love to see Gen13 on the big screen. It isn't a classic like the others but I think that's one of the reasons I would like to see it. It's not an obvious choice.

Of course the obvious resemblance to the Xmen would of course be one reason why this won't happen.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                            The Green lantern...
                            Oh yeah, that could definitely work as a movie. The idea of a live action GI Joe movie is very appealing to me though, as well.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Live action tv shows and movies based on comics are just bad ideas. Sure Spiderman and Batman Begins were great but with the money it took to make just one of those movies they could have made three or four seasons of an animated show.

Comment

Working...
                              X