This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa´uld Crystal Technology

What do you think, how do the Crystals work. I mean the hyperdrive crystal consoles, or the crystals which control the doors and rings in a Tel´tak. How can someone power up some ship systems by changing the order of them etc.

And please excuse my english. I´m nod god at it.

crystel technology to me means information place in to the molecular composition of the crystel and electricity or some type of machine passing through/over the crystels reads this information on the structure.
    i think you can place information specifically in the right place on a crystel e.g. third side of the blue crystel 3 inches from base molecules 3500543.....

so moving the crystel will change how and where the intercept point between them is, so if there is a specific one(molecular region on the crystel) for say power regualtion then bypassing that bit would render that system inert(because the current isnt reading the information and insructing the system to perform in a specific way)......so if there was a shield crystel then removing it would remove the shields from the system,unless on another cystel there was a little part of the shield code in which case you would bypass the main control cystel for the secondary relay point ( which basicly is what carter does every episdoe on a ship).

JMO
    immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Then how easily could these crystals be damaged... I mean, scratch or drop it...

Comment

no there really hardwearing have you ever tried to scratch gems or diamond, good luck! plus no EMP damage or the like to worry about.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

What do you think? When there´s a Hyperdrive crystal console. What kind´s of crystals are there. I mean what kinds of purpose do they have. And what are the colors for.

Comment

When there´s a Hyperdrive crystal console. What kind´s of crystals are there. I mean what kinds of purpose do they have.
            Why don't you tell us exactly how a hyperdrive console (a what?) works and we'll tell you what the crystals do.
            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

In a Hyperdrive console, there is a something like an power crystal i think, a control crystal and what are the other crystals for?

Comment

these of the ones ive came up with:
                *control
                *power
                *power regulation
                *master control
                *override
                *shield
                *data
                *power rerouter
                *gate system crystel
                *hand device crystel
                *gaqte divert crsytel
                *8th cheveron crystel ( home)
                *weapons crystel
                *sensor array cyrstel
                *peltak crystel
                *computer mainframe crystel
                *teltak driveing orb crystel

thats about it for me!

my 2000th post was spent on crystel tech
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

I know the crystals look really cool and snazzy, but so do CD's if you don't know what they are and how thay work - who's to say that crystal tech isn't just a glorified version of cd's. All we have to do now is find a crystal-rewriter drive and we're set!
                  "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

but CD are small comparivly it like having a portable harddrive in your hand....there cna be half a terrabyte on a crystel wheras a CD can barely hold 1GB!
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

And where, may i ask, do you get the figure half a terrabyte from?

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                        And where, may i ask, do you get the figure half a terrabyte from?
                        He's not far off, six months ago I bought a 320Gb Hard drive for my file server. That's near a third of a terabyte.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

i know a guy who has 1.2 terrabyte of storage in computer, 2x 300gb 1x600 gb, a terrabyte isnt that much nowadays, you can get computewr custom made on some site that can 1.4terrabytes and 4GBs of ram....maybe crystel technology isnt that far off if it could be actually implemented.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Very interesting - but I was actually asking what you based the figure on. Was it current storage capacities, the assumption that you can store information on the atomic level, etc?

It would be very interesting to se if crystal tech could work, but the main problem is that its like (IMO) a 3D version of CDs - the 3D aspect would make it difficult.

Still, you never know. We're always moving onwards and (hopefully) upwards. the blu-ray disks look quite interesting, don't you think?

Comment

It's not Goa'uld Crystals tech is dumbed down Ancient Crystal tech the Goa’uld ripped it off from some Ancient tech they found that’s what the Goa’uld do

Comment

Working...
                              X