This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient tech to primitive

Okay i was watching childhood's end last night and mckay said the puddle jumper went down because of the electro magnetic field (wich im sure we can even produce). And in condemned the jumper was shoot down using crude anti aircraft weapons.

So how advanced is ancient tech compared to crude/primitive tech?

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
    Okay i was watching childhood's end last night and mckay said the puddle jumper went down because of the electro magnetic field (wich im sure we can even produce). And in condemned the jumper was shoot down using crude anti aircraft weapons.

So how advanced is ancient tech compared to crude/primitive tech?

One of those aircraft is vulnerable to small foreign objects on takeoff.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs

One of those aircraft is vulnerable to small foreign objects on takeoff.
      ha ha ha, the kittyhawk replica. The original only flew for a few seconds

Comment

And in condemned the jumper was shoot down using crude anti aircraft weapons.
        They had to find something to begin the episode. But the idea to put the vital systems under the ship is stange. Ahh these Ancients... Be the greatest civilisation of the galaxy don't prevent to think stupidly sometimes...
        Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
          They had to find something to begin the episode. But the idea to put the vital systems under the ship is stange. Ahh these Ancients... Be the greatest civilisation of the galaxy don't prevent to think stupidly sometimes...
          Why is it strange?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

They are pretty stupid, ya look at the satellite in Seige pt I/II how they had the circuitry on the outside right were the enemy is going to fire.

Comment

Hmmm puddle jumpers are effected by an em field in Chilhood's End, but in Hot Zone McKay said they aren't?
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

ha ha ha, the kittyhawk replica. The original only flew for a few seconds
                no its the f16 if any foreign objects get in the inbtakes it wont fly properly thats why on airbases they have FOD patrols to clear any foreign objects off the runway

Comment

The pic shows a Tornado F3 and some Harrier GR7s.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

The pic shows a Tornado F3 and some Harrier GR7s.
                    oh yeh now you mention it

Comment

Why is it strange?
                      Because it is the worst place in the ship. They can be destroyed by projectiles launched from the ground, or in a crash, exactly what happened in "Condemned".
                      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Because it is the worst place in the ship. They can be destroyed by projectiles launched from the ground, or in a crash, exactly what happened in "Condemned".
                        Yet being a spaceship, its primary role has it not flying through the air but through space. Its primary foe would be a Wraith dart, and would not typically be firing from below it. Then there's also centre of gravity to take into consideration, as well as the size and shape of the avionics unit in question. You see, it's not so simple as "Don't put it on the bottom!" - which is why I don't like that "Design your own ship" thread.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

i am sure if you got shot in the head with a gun from 1600 you would still die, but you are still more advanced than the people who lived in those times.

Comment

i think it helps us better see and relate with the technology, if it was too advanced then we couldn't have a story either

Comment

the azgard look as advanced as the ancients but remember, they got 10,000 more years of development.

Comment

Working...
                              X