PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

OneillTwo"LL"s
February 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Your garage opener become a GDO

Your cats are named Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam

Your kids answer to "Kree"

Anymore, anyone, please post

Replicarter
February 4th, 2005, 12:28 PM
We have had some of these before, but anyway.

You learn the ancient alphabet and pause every part there are ancient writings and sit with your pen and paper translating them, and use the alphabet in other places like your school books...

Yes, i am one of them :D

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM
when you only speak in ancient and you try to make a stargate out of a cardbord box and some string

Manic
February 4th, 2005, 12:35 PM
you try to make a stargate out of a cardbord box and some string
Now you're boardering on MacGyver.

When you use the words "theoretically" and "indeed" far too often in your everyday speech.

Qasim
February 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM
when you suffer painful physical symptons due to withdrawal in between seasons and you watch each epiosode numerous times within 24 hours of it being aired.

Jprime
February 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
You walk into a computer store and remark on the 'facinating pieces of technology'.

Dotus5
February 4th, 2005, 01:07 PM
You blame all of the noises in the car on the symbiote that has taken control of the engine :D

Jprime
February 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM
You talk your way out of speeding tickets using relativity.

Slainey
February 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Thor stops being a tall blonde guy.

deepspace
February 4th, 2005, 02:45 PM
when you are reading about egyptian history or mythology of any kind, if you hear any name like Ra, or Hathor etc... You cannot think of them as anything but system lords.

Osiris-RA
February 4th, 2005, 02:49 PM
When you start secretly thinking about your family " Bow before your god, puny humans!"

mishy_mo
February 4th, 2005, 02:54 PM
(oh my god most of these apply to me!!!! aw well here's another)

you name your pet's after famous scientists

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 03:05 PM
when you are quoteing jack oneill all the time

spg_1983
February 4th, 2005, 03:08 PM
you know you are a gate head when you find yourself in withdrawl, curled up in a corner rocking back and forth when gate world goes down for a couple days.........

Sha're
February 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
When you find yourself fantasing that your partner is (insert character)
As I'm always telling my friends...... SO MANY SEXY MEN

PHWOAAAAAR :o

Lunar
February 4th, 2005, 03:31 PM
ROTFLMAO.
These are all so true.
You know you're a gatehead when you insult other people by calling them a 'shol'va.'
(My little cousin has taken to doing this, it's hilariously funny. He also wanted to know if his primary school teacher was a goa'uld because she nodded her head like Teal'c everytime she saw him... )

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 03:36 PM
when you watching a another show and two charaters are haveing a Relationship or kissing and you yell DAMN YOU PETE or maybe thats when you know your a shiper.

mishy_mo
February 4th, 2005, 03:38 PM
when you watch third rock from the sun just to see exactly how stupid pete is

shelsfc
February 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
When people theorise about Atlantis and you're confused, because you thought everyone knew it currently resided in the Pegasus galaxy (hey, when you're sleep deprived...)

mishy_mo
February 4th, 2005, 03:52 PM
when there's gate symbols on every piece of paper you get your hands on

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
when you know the gate adress to earth and 7 other planets

mishy_mo
February 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM
when you read a book on hyperspace to be as smart as sam and try to understand what she talks about the other 50% of half the time

CKO
February 4th, 2005, 05:58 PM
er..... when your watching something on the history channel (on atlantis... not kidding there was somethign bout atlantis (the lost city) just this past wk too and i was like... well uh... er... didnt ya know its in the frelling pegusus galaxy..

msqrader
February 4th, 2005, 06:14 PM
When every mug, hat and mousemat in the house carries an image of those four familiar faces...

When you talk about another popular science fiction franchise and call it 'Stargate' instead of 'Star-somethingelse'.

When you say "No, I'm sorry I can't attend your important ritual that marks the passing of another year of your life as it clashes with the world wide premier of the latest episode of season eight. By the way, did you know that... yadda, Stargate factoid, yadda..."

Hex.FTB.enabled
February 4th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Whenever you call someone, you find yourself saying "chevron 1 encoded....chevron 2 encoded..." etc. everytime it rings before someone picks up.
:D

buckner
February 4th, 2005, 07:24 PM
When you endure Macgyver just to see RDA.

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 11:26 PM
when you just watched chimera for the 10 time and you still hopeing pete dies at the end or maybe once again that when you know your a shipper

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 01:38 AM
when counting sheep doesn't work when your trying to get to sleep, you try naming every episode in series from S1 to S6 (ie the ones you have on DVD) and in the end you feel more awake than you did with the sheep just cos Stargate is sooo damn exciting!!!!!!

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 01:51 AM
ROFLMAO!!! this thread is awesome... cuz it's all so true!!!

how bout:

you start giving your friends nicknames like "jack", "sam", "teal'c", and "danny boy" even though their names are really robert, jessica, kathy.... :D

you name your KIDS jack, sam, teal'c, daniel...

you spend more time watching stargate and visiting the gateworld forums than you do eating/sleeping/going to work, school/etc

you own three sets of green fatigues but you've never been in the military!

you got your glasses to look the same as daniel's just to fell more connected to the show...

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 01:56 AM
you hear common words like "zat", "gate", "chevron", "dial", "puddle-jumper", "indeed", "WACKO!!", "prometheus", "atlantis", various commonly-used phrases like "i don't THINK so" and "oh, please", as well as various common military terms and IMMEDIATELY think of stargate

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 01:59 AM
your friends and pets answer to Kree

someone mentions magnets and you do your best Jack 'Magnets' impression

in the middle of studying your concentration brakes as you see words like 'relativity' and 'shroedinger'

in the middle of an chemistry EXAM you waste 10 minutes trying to work out where naquada(h) should be on the periodic table

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 02:02 AM
you think to yourself - 'Pineapples?? ....Well at least it's a better cover story than Deep space radar telemetry!!!'

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 02:31 AM
in the middle of an chemistry EXAM you waste 10 minutes trying to work out where naquada(h) should be on the periodic table

LOL i've done this!!!!!! i couldn't remember the answers, then i saw the periodic table and started to think!!! :D

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 03:21 AM
when you quote some one jack's one liners and you feel guilty for taking the creidt for the man's genius!!!!!

Flyboy
February 5th, 2005, 03:44 AM
When you start to hand in your resignation every time you want to kissyour girlfriend.

When you start explaining the plots of nearly every episode to a none-gater.

When you keep playing the Stargate movie theme tune over your college radio station.

Whenever you hear the word "extreme" you have to ask why it doesn't ssay colonal oon your uniform.

When you begin planning combat exercises for your squadron and naming them things like: "Operation Tok'ra"

Doing_the_impossible
February 5th, 2005, 03:46 AM
What an awesome thread I know I belong here after doing some of the stuff you guys have mentioned...Okey dokey lemme see now...

You constantly wish you had an Iris protecting your front door against unwanted guests/relatives/salespersons

You install an Iris on your door/toilet/bathtub etc.

You refer to your cell phone/PDA as a GDO

You see lego robots and think the Replicators are invading

You know that lego are Replicators in disguise

You invite your friends round and only offer then beer; claiming it to be better than food

I'll think of some more later...

randomfancy
February 5th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Now you're boardering on MacGyver.

When you use the word... "indeed" far too often in your everyday speech.

GUILTY! :D

randomfancy
February 5th, 2005, 06:12 AM
when you are reading about egyptian history or mythology of any kind, if you hear any name like Ra, or Hathor etc... You cannot think of them as anything but system lords.

LOL...guilty of that too.

randomfancy
February 5th, 2005, 06:15 AM
You know you're a gatehead when you insult other people by calling them a 'shol'va.'

ROFL.....I have done that!

randomfancy
February 5th, 2005, 06:20 AM
you hear common words like "zat", "gate", "chevron", "dial", "puddle-jumper", "indeed", "WACKO!!", "prometheus", "atlantis", various commonly-used phrases like "i don't THINK so" and "oh, please", as well as various common military terms and IMMEDIATELY think of stargate

...very true!

randomfancy
February 5th, 2005, 06:29 AM
..when people annoy you, and your immediate reaction is to post in your journal/blog/etc......using "*zats them*", "*blasts them with staff weapon*" etc when describing how you will get your revenge.

...when you want/have already got the Stargate theme as a ringtone on your mobile phone

...when you go over your monthly download quota viewing Stargate icons on livejournal/fansites/elsewhere and then have to pay your parents/partner/flatmates back for the excess charges.
I recently discovered i was guilty of this......

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
when you think that armagendon just want that good despite everyone you know telling you that it was the best movie in the last ten years

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 06:53 AM
...when you want/have already got the Stargate theme as a ringtone on your mobile phone

heeeee heeee guilty!!!!!!

when you see a minor character from SG-1 in another show/movie/commercial your initial though is - 'ooo it's a stargate alternate reality - look there's tanith that evil snake!'

when 'Anaconda' takes a whole new level of scaryness

tara3583
February 5th, 2005, 06:59 AM
When you look at the headlines of a uk national
paper that say's potty Pete in Pentonville and you stand there grining as your mind pictures Pete Shanahan being dragged of to prison yelling "but i did'nt do it"
Sad, so sad!:)

Qtyled
February 5th, 2005, 07:06 AM
you are caming and spontaneously wake up saying "good morning campers"

animoid
February 5th, 2005, 09:56 AM
When you explain everything remotely scientific with: "Mmmmagnets."

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 10:03 AM
when you say sierra gulf charlie one niner out at the end of conversations

Beatrice Otter
February 5th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Your garage opener become a GDO

Your cats are named Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam

Your kids answer to "Kree"

Anymore, anyone, please post
Actually, I work at Sears in the hardware section (well, Lawn and Garden, but we sell a lot of tools because they're just across the aisle from us and we get commission and the tool pros don't). One of the things we sell are Garage Door Openers. And guess what we call them? GDOs. I'm the only Gater among us; most hadn't even heard of SG when I was hired. But they'd been GDOs for some time prior, including on merchandise lists and stuff from corporate. I don't think the show invented the acronym.

Beatrice Otter
February 5th, 2005, 10:09 AM
you know you are a gate head when you find yourself in withdrawl, curled up in a corner rocking back and forth when gate world goes down for a couple days.........
Amen!

meimei
February 5th, 2005, 10:10 AM
When you go to a friend's house to do their taxes and sneak on to GW to see what's up while they aren't looking....

Yes, sad but true, I have friends that don't understand Stargate...

When FCOL has become your favorite non-pg explitive...

When you develop a nervous twitch when GW goes down for an eternity... (What do you mean it was only a few days...)

When you spend all your spare time watching SG1, lurking on GW and writing SG1 fanfic....

couchpotatergater
February 5th, 2005, 10:53 AM
When your SG1 DVD collection is bigger than all your other DVDs put together.

When you get a computer, go online with PAYG dial-up cos you don't think you'll be on the 'net much, discover GW, then have to give in & pay monthly & pay off a ginormous phone bill from the PAYG as well :o

When FCOL has become your favorite non-pg explitive...Guilty as charged :D

mishy_mo
February 5th, 2005, 11:04 AM

<snip>.

i had this problem initally after getting all the box sets up to S6

but in a desperate to (at least outwardly) appear normal, i tucked my SG collection safely under my bed and kept buying 'normal' DVD's so that i had a 'healthy' balance

lol

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
when you come up behind someone and ALWAYS say "i'm on your six" and then subsequently start telling people "i've got your six", "nice six :D" and so on...

(guilty!)

your computer has a stargate background, sounds, and cursors, and the theme plays when it starts up

(also guilty :D)

you see SG actors on other shows and refer to them by their SG character name, even though ya know their real one!!

(often guilty :D)

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM

even with at least four other shows on dvd and a bunch of movies??? GUILTY!!

:D

Ancient 1
February 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
You walk into a computer store and remark on the 'facinating pieces of technology'.
When you look at all the facinating technology and wonder where the control crystals are.

emily_reich
February 5th, 2005, 08:15 PM
ROFL

you ask the guy at the help desk where to FIND the control crystals :D

NightGloom
February 5th, 2005, 09:34 PM
You turn down going out with friends/ dates on whatever night Stargate is on and then become shocked when they do not know the awesomeness of Stargate.

When you see TR on something other than Stargate you scream "JANET LIVES!"

You name your cat Schrodinger/ try to persuade your friends to name their cat Schrodinger

Julez
February 6th, 2005, 12:08 AM
when you see a minor character from SG-1 in another show/movie/commercial your initial though is - 'ooo it's a stargate alternate reality - look there's tanith that evil snake!'

Guilty as Charged! In fact one of the minor characters in "Prometheus" played a doctor in Final Destination 2 - was on TV tonight.

You know you're a gatehead when........your spousal unit starts saying "Indeed".

when.........you tell everyone "That's whatcha get for dickin around!" when they screw up.

when.........your spousal unit does the "eyebrow thing" ALL THE TIME!

Ancient 1
February 6th, 2005, 02:28 AM
When you run out to Kmart at 4 in the morning because your mouse died and there is a post you just gotta make! (BTW, I just got home a half hour ago.)

Ribbon.Device
February 6th, 2005, 04:00 AM
How about when you start drawing glyphs on the glass in your shower...

emily_reich
February 6th, 2005, 04:30 AM
or when you start drawing completely random gate adresses instead of taking notes in class...

mishy_mo
February 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
How about when you start drawing glyphs on the glass in your shower...

guilty as charged

when you think Hayes would make a good president ( or Hammond or Jack for that matter )

emily_reich
February 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM
when you start asking yourself how many politicians are REALLY like kinsey, then shudder at the thought...

rmbeast
February 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
You start refering to you dog as you first prime and keep trying to dial your toilet to another planet.

scaryperson
February 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM
When you giggle whenever any of your friends say "indeed"

When you know the answer to that crossword "up, down, charm......" being strange before Daniel answers, and even after, understand why!

You start to understand what Sam actually says

You think about what the SGC are doing, and worry about what could be happening to them next while in class

Actually now want to learn ancient, just purely to write symbols on note pages

lol, i'm guilty of all of these
--Tan

Hex.FTB.enabled
February 6th, 2005, 10:27 PM
You hum the Stargate theme whenever in an elevator.

You refer to your head as your fron.

You refer to any medication as Tritonin.

You wonder if SG-1 is the real world's version of Wormhole X-treme.

Whenever you clean your plate at a restaurant, you draw happy faces on it with the ketchep and mustard.

:)

furling
February 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
When you see Don S Davis in the John West ad and think how could he be a general saving us from the gould when he is wearing a leather jacket

NightGloom
February 7th, 2005, 04:21 AM
The Overstock.com commercial's last line ("... and sometimes, it's all about the gold" becomes "... and sometimes it's all about the Goa'uld" and it always cracks you up... yet no one knows why.

Your physics teacher wonders why you can ramble on about wormholes and such, yet can't grasp the simplest concept of "real" physics.

blueiris
February 7th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Before you can get a response/comment out of your mouth, someone in the groups says "ok, lets see how she relates this to Stargate".

girlgater
February 7th, 2005, 04:43 PM
...you fantasize about being able to zat your boss.

marimba26
February 7th, 2005, 05:41 PM

When you call all of the above "Having a Stargate Moment" :D

When your friends (who aren't Gaters yet) think you're a geek bc you can't stop bringing Stargate into the convo...

And when you sit through not only MacGyver for RDA but all his other movies (some of which are REALLY bad). And not only his movies but MS's movies (once stayed up til three for one of those--wouldn't recommend), AT's movies, and any movie with anyone from Stargate just bc that person was on the show lol.

When the Barnes and Noble people think you're a geek bc you've been in their store asking about all those really bad movies lol

Jprime
February 7th, 2005, 06:27 PM
You're watching Simpsons and you stop and say "You know...O'Neill WAS right!"

jckfan55
February 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
You watch NOVA to see how astrophysics relates to Stargate, not the other way around.

Ancient 1
February 7th, 2005, 11:34 PM
when you start asking yourself how many politicians are REALLY like kinsey, then shudder at the thought...
...when you realize that the number is probably a big one!

Ancient 1
February 7th, 2005, 11:36 PM
You're watching Simpsons and you stop and say "You know...O'Neill WAS right!"
Or when the show comes on, you wonder if O'neill is watching too because you so readily relate his favorite show to yours, i.e. Stargate; SG-1 ;)

trinity1013
February 8th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Okay, I'm not sure if this means you're a gate head, you're generally a fan or you're simply nuts, but you know you're one of the above when...

you type "Stargate" so often that you realize it's one of the few words you can type only using your left hand... and think it's really cool! :D

you call your mom everytime SG is on just to make sure she watches

you feel compelled to post at least once a day on GateWorld

your first 3 bookmarks are all Stargate-related

along with your own, you read the horoscope of the Stargate actors (and/or characters - if you know their birthdates)

your motto is no longer "carpe diem" but LTS (life's too short) :)

emily_reich
February 8th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Okay, I'm not sure if this means you're a gate head, you're generally a fan or you're simply nuts, but you know you're one of the above when...

oh, definately ALL of the above :D

Baal_babe1
February 8th, 2005, 12:54 AM
oh i've a few for ya.

You know you're a gatehead when...

you and your mother actually have a discussion on the pro's and cons of the different ships used on SG-1...

that when you see someone from SG-1 on something else you point excitedly and try to figure out which character they played if its not so obvious to begin with...

if you and your parental units go back and forth quoting lines to each other...

If you and your parents actually promise each other a Danielbot, Jackbot or Carterbot for christmas...

If you actually claim to have a Danielbot...

lord-anubis
February 8th, 2005, 12:55 AM
when you say ah, ish, oh and i got nothing every time you talk

White Knight
February 8th, 2005, 02:04 AM
- You laughed at Teal'C's joke.

- You look for Naquadah and Trinium on the periodic table.

- You wrote a 20,000 word thesis on Wormhole Physics for Year 12 Science.

- Every other week you ring up the Air Force and ask to speak with Colonel Jack O'Neill (two Ls).

- You've been to every high school in Colorado Springs, looking for a smart-assed teenager called Jack who looks like Michael Welch.

- You've bought a GI Joe and a Major Matt Mason...for yourself.

cubby14
February 8th, 2005, 04:37 AM
You know when you:
- are talking in a conversation and here a 6 syllable word and try to figure out what gate address it is

- see a large ring (arch normally) in the street and start looking for a DHD

- think that the nearest RAF base has a Stargate

- start humming a Stargate theme tune anywhere

- start getting wanting a Zat to get home in time for stargate

- shout out 'for crying out loud' like O'Neill

- everything that is printed has Stargate somewhere in it

- you say your name and say 2 l's at the end with three fingers

I could go on forever, I think of some more

Rail'k
February 8th, 2005, 06:28 AM
You Know You're A Gate Head When
-your school prodjects have somthing to do with stargate
-your nicknames consist of Gateguy and P90
-Your friends sugest you get a new hobby
-you go through depression when you miss an episode
-You plan to name your kids Sam, Jack, Dan, George, Jannet, and Teal'k

Steam
February 8th, 2005, 06:45 AM
when you create a thread called You Know your a gate head when...

lol

Rail'k
February 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Good one

when you create a thread called You Know your a gate head when...

lol

Gategirl
February 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM
..... you thought the stage for the Superbowl pre-game show was a REALLY poor attempt to make a stargate. *did anyone else notice this too?*

LOL I must be a major wacko gatehead!!

sk023
February 8th, 2005, 10:30 AM
You drive through one of the many tunnels in your city and imagine its' like going though the gate!! :)

Cronus
February 8th, 2005, 10:41 AM
You write about Stargate theories in the back of your Maths A Level answer booklet.

mishy_mo
February 8th, 2005, 10:46 AM
you know the words to the stargate theme tune ( from season 4 directors commentary )

and if you have the DVD's you've watched the eps as many times with and with out the director commentary on, not to mettion watching all the bonus features as much as the eps

(and this really really happened to me so be nice)

when the only reason (slight exageration) why you go on the trip of a life time to NASA texas for 10 days (missing two eps of SG-1) is because you think you may discover a secret room where the stargate/X 302/3 is hidden or overhear a quiet conversation where 'sierra gulf charlie' feature heavily.

NightGloom
February 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM
You drive through one of the many tunnels in your city and imagine its' like going though the gate!! :)

That works really well if you're a passenger and you look up at the lights and like cross your eyes.
;)

You say "I want to live! I want to experience the universe! I want to eat pie" so many times that people expect it from you.

Your friends (who have never seen Stargate) have heard you talk about it so many times begin conversations with other people that watch Stargate.

tauripeg
February 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
when the only reason (slight exageration) why you go on the trip of a life time to NASA texas for 10 days (missing two eps of SG-1) is because you think you may discover a secret room where the stargate/X 302/3 is hidden or overhear a quiet conversation where 'sierra gulf charlie' feature heavily.

i found that so amusing and something that i can imagine doing myself.

mishy_mo
February 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM

i found that so amusing and something that i can imagine doing myself.

Saddly no such room was found but i did do a lot of cool stuff!!!!

back to topic

when the longest you can go with out talking about stargate is less than an hour (unless asleep)

when the longest you can go without thinking about stargate is 15 mins (even durring the simpsons you think 'why can't they show the ep with SG-1 on??')

when in less than three steps you can link any object/person/mineral/animal/veg. to the show

SGFlutegirl
February 9th, 2005, 06:28 PM
When you go to to an air show at the local Air Force Base and you try to sneak a peek into one of the hangers to see if there is an F-302 in there!

When you're driving around looking at other license plates to try to find SG related ones!

NightGloom
February 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
When you're driving around looking at other license plates to try to find SG related ones!

Ooo! My license plate starts with "DHD" I always brag to my friends about it... but they don't get it.

wraith816
February 9th, 2005, 06:39 PM
When it's Ash Wednesday and a group of people coming out of church with black marks on their foreheads make you want to yell "Jaffa Kree!" ;)

meimei
February 9th, 2005, 08:08 PM
When it's Ash Wednesday and a group of people coming out of church with black marks on their foreheads make you want to yell "Jaffa Kree!" ;)
ROTFLMAO!!! I thought about the Jaffa tattoos as I was leaving mass at lunch!! LOL! That's bad... really bad... Off to confession, I guess!

Baal_babe1
February 9th, 2005, 11:19 PM
not catholic myself but oddly it gave me an idea for a few more:

If you ever actually have an ornate medallion that is suppose to go around your neck but occastionally you wear it on your head or hand trying to make it a hand device...

If you actually speak some Gou'ld and half of your friends actually understand what you are saying....

if you never finish a fanfic because the plotbunnies are getting out of control and you create several OC's just for Daniel/OC romances...

emily_reich
February 9th, 2005, 11:27 PM

ROFLMAO!!! (is it bad for me to be laughing at this as a church-goer :D :D :p :p)

you know the words to the stargate theme tune ( from season 4 directors commentary )

...and you sing it either out loud or in your head every time you hear the theme song....

Ancient 1
February 10th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Thor stops being a tall blonde guy.
And Pegasus is not just a flying horse.

misstweedledee
February 10th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Hey

OH MY GOD just read thru this thread and its like someone has been watching everything i do and writing it down. :)

so i must confess im guilty as charged :D

misstweedledee :D

Qtyled
February 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM
... Whenver you have dinner you make a face on a plate with sauce and scream "WACKO!"

swizzlestick
February 10th, 2005, 07:37 AM
... Whenver you have dinner you make a face on a plate with sauce and scream "WACKO!"

lol
i think ive done most of the things listed here but not that...at least not yet anyway :D

chevroneight
February 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
OH MY GOD just read thru this thread and its like someone has been watching everything i do and writing it down. :)

I'll second that one anyway....

I once was watching SG-1 on tv with one of my friends and during the ad break he went to make coffee and instead of yelling his name,I yelled "Jack" instead...

But its ok, he's used to it by now... lol

:)

-Jules-
February 10th, 2005, 08:06 AM

lol
i think ive done most of the things listed here but not that...at least not yet anyway

he he...i did that at a friends house once and they were all like....wow... :rolleyes:

and now my cousin's hooked on saying that and all the other Jackisms! :cool:

Xzyl
February 10th, 2005, 10:23 AM
When you get sent to go work on somone's house and find the eye symbol Ra used on the iron gate and start screaming at your coworkers to let you have one of their cell phone so that you can call the SGC.

*Note the house had other mystical symbols as well but the big eye symbol on the black gate contrasting against the yellow house was just priceless. When I can get my camera working again I will go back and take a picture and do a thread like System lords hidden lair or something like that.

Hex.FTB.enabled
February 14th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Your boyfriend knows not to feel ignored when you're on the phone w/him and watching Stargate at the same time.

You find yourself wishing you had a healing device when you/friends are sick.

You spend most of your time at work posting on Gateworld when you should be doing homework. :D

Zelazny
February 14th, 2005, 09:59 AM
...you start a Forum thread called: "You Know You're A Gate Head When..."

LOL. :D

...you add to the list of a thread called: "You Know You're A Gate Head When..."

:D Sorry, couldn't help myself. :p

scaryperson
February 14th, 2005, 10:14 AM
You spend most of your time at work posting on Gateworld when you should be doing homework. :D

Oh that's so me too :S

lol, :D

--Tan

Hex.FTB.enabled
February 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Whenever you see an actor that had previously guest-starred on Stargate on another show/movie, you refer to them only as their Stargate character.

i.e. hey, Bra'tac's on TV!

White Knight
March 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
- You've been reading through this list, saying to yourself "Yes, yes, uh-huh, okay, that's true..."

Here's a true story: at Blue Scope Steel, just outside Wollongong in NSW, Australia, one of the buildings has a large ring about 7 metres in diameter, made out of a gray metal with nine triangular...things sapced around it. Sound familiar? Again, this is a true story.

yasureubetcha
March 1st, 2005, 08:53 PM
You're a poet/English major who thinks about switching to Astrophysics so that IF there is really a Stargate, you'll find out.

And the reason that'll never happen--you spend your science lecture laying out an argument in your head in defense of the Replicators.

You're the only one in a 300 person lecture hall who thinks nano-technology is a bad idea (when have nano-bots EVER had an ultimately positive effect?)

You contrast Stargate's principles of time travel with Star Trek's.

You make decisions casually, knowing that in some reality there's a version of you who made the right decision.

You hear Jack's line "You ended that sentence with a preposition," and look up exactly what a preposition is, so you can quote it everytime someone becomes guilty of that particular violation.
(Believe me, my family is quite sick of this.)

You try to figure out SOME way to fit yourself into an Asgard suit for Halloween.

You're suddenly quite proud to be Minnesotan, and think our new state motto should be "When you're done saving the world, come and fish."

NightGloom
March 2nd, 2005, 04:55 AM
You think of Stargate everytime you see one of those "O'Neill" shirts and you have to wonder if they make an "O'Neil" shirt with only one 'L' for fans of just the movie...

Qtyled
March 2nd, 2005, 05:27 AM
When you're playing Cricket and instead of shouting "Go Nathan and Matt" (the 2 batsman), you instead say "Go Sam and Jack" :S

newton4881
March 2nd, 2005, 05:42 AM
I got some o'neill stuff, surf stuff tho

surfing off atlantis would rock.

when you add a couple more elements to ur periodic table in chem...nauqudah ;)

Celestial
March 2nd, 2005, 06:28 AM
when you watch an entire box set season in one go, start dreaming (literally) about being part of SG1 almost every night, all you talk about is Stargate and everyone around you wish you to just shut up (those not into SG), and here's my favourite...FREAK out when the free to air channel you watch SG on cuts/stops airing SG midway thru a season and you have to wait an enire rating season to finish before they air it again.....Aussie fans here will know what I mean....#$%#ed Channel 7!! :S :eek: :S

yasureubetcha
March 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
all you talk about is Stargate and everyone around you wish you to just shut up (those not into SG)

If even the other Stargate fans you know wish you'd stop talking about it, THAT's dedication. :p

Celestial
March 2nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
If even the other Stargate fans you know wish you'd stop talking about it, THAT's dedication. :p

So is this an indication I should stop talking about SG??? he! he! :p :eek: :p

yasureubetcha
March 2nd, 2005, 07:19 AM
Naw, nothing personal. I wouldn't be on the forum if I thought one could talk too much about Stargate. :p

randomfancy
March 2nd, 2005, 07:46 AM
- You've been reading through this list, saying to yourself "Yes, yes, uh-huh, okay, that's true..."

Here's a true story: at Blue Scope Steel, just outside Wollongong in NSW, Australia, one of the buildings has a large ring about 7 metres in diameter, made out of a gray metal with nine triangular...things sapced around it. Sound familiar? Again, this is a true story.

serious???!!!
i live in queensland, but if i ever go there i'll take a photo.....
*is seriously comtemplating telling dad who is travelling around australia ( who is a fellow gater), to look out for it if in wollongong*

terriernut
March 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
serious???!!!
i live in queensland, but if i ever go there i'll take a photo.....
*is seriously comtemplating telling dad who is travelling around australia ( who is a fellow gater), to look out for it if in wollongong*
when you go to bluescope steel's website to see if they have a picture of that building, and it's the only job related website you've visited all day, and find out that the bluescope used to belong to the company that used to own the company you work for, and are really disappointed that all they have is an address, but no picture, but you are cheered up by watching the little chevrons locking as your computer thinks, and listening for an incoming email as you'll hear the swoosh
but i'm only slightly obsessed ;)

mishy_mo
March 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
you laugh out loud when you find a font called 'atlantis'

you listen to your physics teach prattle on about black holes and/or relativistic calculations or something else and you think - 'That's soooo wrong can Sam said that , (fill in blanks) in (episode)'

you learn to juggle just cos RDA and CJ can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatebee
March 2nd, 2005, 04:19 PM
when you draw the stargate wormhole on everything you can

Ragnarok13
March 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
if you say digit one encoded when you dial a phone number, you just might be a gate head

Ragnarok13
March 2nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
you just might be gate head when you try to make a replicator out of LEGOs

mishy_mo
March 2nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
when you draw the stargate wormhole on everything you can

when you come up with this;

http://tinypic.com/1zvsea

ie. earth gate symbol, and the gate symbol of the second stargate on earth

and you write it on every piece of paper to send subliminal messages to your classmates enticing them to watch stargate

gatebee
March 2nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
when you come up with this;

http://tinypic.com/1zvsea

ie. earth gate symbol, and the gate symbol of the second stargate on earth

and you write it on every piece of paper to send subliminal messages to your classmates enticing them to watch stargate
that is nice drawing. wish I could do drawings on my computer

starfish
March 2nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Dont know if its been mentioned before....

When you visit a museum and take a mysterious snake shape found a mummy's forehead as proof the Jaffa and Gou'ald were really in ancient egypt...

Check out the link below, is part of an exhibition at the British Museum in London.
http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/ixbin/hixclient.exe?_IXDB_=compass&_IXFIRST_=1&_IXMAXHITS_=1&_IXSPFX_=graphical/gt/lin/&_IXtour=ENC12806&$+with+all_unique_id_index+is+$=OBJ12961&submit-button=summary

mishy_mo
March 2nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Dont know if its been mentioned before....

When you visit a museum and take a mysterious snake shape found a mummy's forehead as proof the Gou'ald were really in ancient egypt...

Check out the link below, is part of an exhibition at the British Museum in London.
http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/ixbin/hixclient.exe?_IXDB_=compass&_IXFIRST_=1&_IXMAXHITS_=1&_IXSPFX_=graphical/gt/lin/&_IXtour=ENC12806&$+with+all_unique_id_index+is+$=OBJ12961&submit-button=summary

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oooooo

*shivers*

freaky!!!!!

Ragnarok13
March 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
you might me a gate head if you contemplated carving a stargate out of a chunk of styrafoam

mishy_mo
March 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
when you take a dougnaut and spin it round then stop, take a bite and say chevron one engaged! blowing crumbs everywhere and you continue to do so until you finish the dougnaut ( or your mum yells at you for spilling crumbies!)

(BRITS)
when you think of writing to neil buchanan on art attack and asking him if he thought he could make a life sized staff weapon from toliet paper, PVA glue, and acrilyc paint

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
You find yourself humming the stargate theme when in an elevator.

yasureubetcha
March 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
At random times of day or in the middle of conversations you start laughing involuntarily, because you just thought (for no reason) of something Jack once said.

I often find this happening as I walk to class; random people I don't know probably think I'm either a really friendly person or laughing at them...

You're up all night working on 'shippy Sam/Jack photoshops, because there are so many ideas to work with...even though you're ardently anti.

macktheknife
March 2nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
(BRITS)
when you think of writing to neil buchanan on art attack and asking him if he thought he could make a life sized staff weapon from toliet paper, PVA glue, and acrilyc paint

Even though i am aussie i still understand that.

ROFL. But you forgot a vital component of every art attack creation. The cardboard insert of the toilet paper, or as it's said on the show "Loo Roll".

EDIT - I have one to add.

When you download skins for every counterstrike weapon, so the are the guns used on the show.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
You find yourself thinking of Teal'c every time you say "Indeed."

Thor's Pal
March 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
you might me a gate head if you contemplated carving a stargate out of a chunk of styrafoam

I HAVE done it. I was trying to figure out what to give to my new little last Christmas, I stoped pass his room and saw the screensaver from SGC on his computer. That night, went to Walmart, bought 2 6 in stryrofome disks, an extacto set and some paint and spent the next week (including two nights at work) carving and painting a Stargate and base. (if you're intrested; contact me and I help you out)

Now for new ones:

Plan on carving a DHD for next year's Christmas present

Manage to get roommate hooked on it

In Mod Civ History, see Goul and think Go'uld

After finding the words to Stargate- force parents to sit down and listen to it

After hearing Jamie O'Neal's new song "Trying to find Atlantis" at work and you start talking out loud to yourself about how she looking in the wrong galaxacy (my job is night auditor at a local hotel)

You get mad that people keep interputing you while trying to watch "Atlantis"

When a roommate see you watching something on tv that he doesn't reconize and look to have small ships (like pudle-jumper size) askes "Stargate?"

And finally- having long discussions one post at a time on GateWorld about anything from Stargate.

:EDIT: You realize after hitting the submit button that the main reason you hit the button is becuase you realized that you spent a long time on this one thread and you wanted to move one to see what else had updated.

lord-anubis
March 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
when some one ask how u did that and you say magnets

yasureubetcha
March 2nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Manage to get roommate hooked on it

Working on that one...though she revealed to me the other day that even after the few episodes she's seen, she already thinks Jack and Sam should hook up, so I'm wondering what I did wrong. :p

Celestial
March 2nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
When I'm back here in the forum again talking about SG and nothing else, not caring in the world whether ppl want me to shut up or not.:p

Naw, nothing personal. I wouldn't be on the forum if I thought one could talk too much about Stargate. :p
And so right you are!!!:D

lord-anubis
March 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
when you get your mom hook on stagate atlantis and explane that eps to her

Rail'k
March 3rd, 2005, 06:32 AM
...when you hang aroung gatewold whenever your online.

waterfall
March 3rd, 2005, 07:39 AM
To distiguish my timecard from others at work, I put the symbol for earth on mine.

waterfall

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 3rd, 2005, 08:34 AM
you've watched "Life or Something Like It" looking for amanda tapping

sekhmet
March 3rd, 2005, 09:07 AM
You find yourself thinking of Teal'c every time you say "Indeed."

More worrying when my children reply "indeed"

your partners hair has changed roughly inline with RDA s over the last 8 years !!

The kittens you have are called baal ,hammond ,carter and jack !!

.:Lemon:.
March 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
When in virtually all English Exams, you use the names of Stargate characters in your fictional writing, but mixed up (e.g. Daniel Carter, Sam O'Neill, Jack Hammond :D )

Grin
March 3rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Soo true!!!!!!!! thought that was just me.

shelsfc
March 3rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
When in virtually all English Exams, you use the names of Stargate characters in your fictional writing, but mixed up (e.g. Daniel Carter, Sam O'Neill, Jack Hammond :D )

I think there's been a Stargate reference in every exam I've done in the last five years!

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 3rd, 2005, 10:13 AM
You catch reruns of MacGyver and find yourself going, "they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate....."

Wandering Tamer
March 3rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
when.........your spousal unit does the "eyebrow thing" ALL THE TIME!
Isn't Spock better known for that then Teal'c?

When your friends (who aren't Gaters yet) think you're a geek bc you can't stop bringing Stargate into the convo...
This happens to me far to often. My excuse is it's better then anything they were talking about.

... when you can derive logical explanations about some plot holes that always seem to come up.

... when you know the gate is in antartica and just hasn't been found yet.

... when a meter shower is Anubis' fleet being destroyed in high orbit.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 3rd, 2005, 11:23 AM
When you spend time talking to friends, etc. about not only what happened on Stargate, but what happened on the Gateworld Forum :)

Uber
March 3rd, 2005, 11:25 AM
when you quote some one jack's one liners and you feel guilty for taking the creidt for the man's genius!!!!!
Conversely you quote some of Jack's one liners and you feel a certain sense of pride and giggle to yourself because you're in on the joke and no one else is...

Newest Jackism added to my vocab: Yeahsureyoubetcha!

Say it at least 2 times per day... :D

blueiris
March 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
You catch reruns of MacGyver and find yourself going, "they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate....."

When you watch any show or movie on TV and say, "they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate, and they were on Stargate....."

When your son says: "Lets watch this movie tonight, and find out if mom sees any SG people in it."

Uber
March 3rd, 2005, 11:27 AM
when you think that armagendon just want that good despite everyone you know telling you that it was the best movie in the last ten years
Yeah. I've seen this movie. It hits Paris.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 3rd, 2005, 11:32 AM
When your son says: "Lets watch this movie tonight, and find out if mom sees in SG people in it."

*pulls covers up* (said in small whisper) I see SG people.

Uber
March 3rd, 2005, 12:14 PM
when you come up behind someone and ALWAYS say "i'm on your six" and then subsequently start telling people "i've got your six", "nice six :D" and so on...

(guilty!)

your computer has a stargate background, sounds, and cursors, and the theme plays when it starts up

(also guilty :D)

you see SG actors on other shows and refer to them by their SG character name, even though ya know their real one!!

(often guilty :D)
I did the "on your six" thing the other day and the other person had no idea what I was talking about... What a hoot! ;)

mishy_mo
March 3rd, 2005, 12:34 PM

i have visions of a wonderful dream and you were there and you were there and you....

lol

you know your a gate head when .... you've converted a trekie

lord-anubis
March 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
when you been watching stargate all day and than you have dreams of watching stargate

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
You've spent all of today at work here on Gateworld when you should be doing your French homework. :o

NightGloom
March 3rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
It wasn't me, but I heard someone refer a cell phone as a DHD, they denied that they were a Stargate fan though... they must be a closet- Gate fan... :rolleyes:

PhilM
March 3rd, 2005, 06:06 PM
...you skip class to watch Stargate.

stormfront89
March 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
How 'bout when you want to know what the toilets on Atlantis look like.

RubyRed
March 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
When you imagine that you are one of the characters of the show cause you think is cool to travel the galaxies and because is better than your boring life.

When the first thing you do when you go to the internet is go to gateworld.

When you try to find the definition of the words on the show that you don't understand.

When you keep thinking how great the last episode was and when the next one is going in the air.

When you watch the reruns and DVD's over and over againg even thought you already know everything there is to know about the show.

VBach37
March 3rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
You know you're a Gatehead when:

You get mad at Disney for stealing the Stargate "Earth" symbol when they made their (really crappy) movie Atlantis.

You arrange the Stargate SG1 theme for your Music Theory final.

When you spend most of your winter vacation watching SG1 on DVD, and wishing you had Atlantis on DVD.

When you go through withdrawal pains each week, waiting for your Stargate fix on Sci-Fi Friday.

When you feel a great deal of joy knowing that, theoretically, the people and events of Stargate do exist in alternate realities.

When the most memorable part of "Miracle" is they very begining when Don S. Davis has a small part.

When you search the internet for "Stargate" mods to every game you own, and wish desperately that they would make a Stargate computer game.

When your friends know a decent amount about Stargate, but have never seen it themselves.

When you bother to point out plot holes in the show, and discrepencies between it and the movie.

And, You know you're definitey a gatehead if you're willing to post on a thread entitled "you know you're a gatehead when. . ."

macktheknife
March 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
When you feel a great deal of joy knowing that, theoretically, the people and events of Stargate do exist in alternate realities.

When you search the internet for "Stargate" mods to every game you own, and wish desperately that they would make a Stargate computer game.

1) Lol, i love that, that's so freaking cool. Real SGC. OMG what if WE are in that alternatvie reality? :headspin:

2) It's on the way, right here from australia. Plus there is a battlefield 1942 modification that is stargate battle for manking. or SG : BFM for short. It's Cool.

yasureubetcha
March 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
If I was in a reality where Stargate was real (assuming I even knew it existed, which considering I'm not a scientist, president, or member of the military is unlikely) I'd probably be like Felger--all creepy and obsessed :D. As it is, I'll have to settle for being like Coombs: "VULCAN, Felger, Vulcan."

lionel_pendergast_rocks
March 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
... when you start using the TV remote as a Zat during an action scene. (hey, ive done it)

... when a remote control car becomes a malp.

... when you start saying, "what have you got in there, weapons grade naqueda?" instead of "what have you got in there, bricks?" when a bag or something is heavy.

... when you start hating every character played by Ronny Cox in every TV show.

... when you start having nightmares abou apophis preforming surgery on you.

... when you just wish you could ascend to get away from it all.

... when you wish you hat a zat to shoot a very annoying friend, just once

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 4th, 2005, 06:14 AM
When you crack up at a license plate that reads X-302.

Qtyled
March 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM
... youre on gateworld forum

Ragnarok13
March 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
YOU MIGHT BE A GATEHEAD IF: youve ever talked while u burped in order to soud like a system lord ( :D guilty :D )

mishy_mo
March 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
When you crack up at a license plate that reads X-302.
i'd do that!!!!

i've cracked up when i seen one saying SGC!!!!

Ragnarok13
March 5th, 2005, 10:47 AM
if youve ever thought of wearing a steelplated turtle neck at the snake exzibit at the zoo

eddzc23
March 5th, 2005, 10:51 AM
when your at an atm machine and you see the braille buttons for the blind and pretend your dialing out hahahahahahahaha

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM
If you've watched every commentary on the dvds.

Grin
March 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
...you skip class to watch Stargate.

O come on!, who would do such a thing?......:D

VBach37
March 5th, 2005, 12:23 PM
You're almost certainly a gatehead if:

Your Counter-Strike screen-name is "Gatehead"

RubyRed
March 5th, 2005, 04:56 PM
When you know every line of the show. and reapeated with the actors.

When you drop everything as soon as the show stars

SmartFox
March 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
When you har basic names like Jack, Daniel, or Sam and you think of Stargate.

eddzc23
March 5th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Your a gate head when you watch all three shows on friday night twice!

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM
When you get your boyfriend to join the Gateworld Forum, even though he mainly watches Stargate only when he's with you. :D

macktheknife
March 5th, 2005, 09:34 PM
You're almost certainly a gatehead if:

Your Counter-Strike screen-name is "Gatehead"

My new BF1942 Screenname (havent played in a month or so, and decided my other name was too well known) is Major Joe Flanigan.

SmartFox
March 5th, 2005, 11:06 PM
When you get in trouble with your parents/boss/teacher or anyother authority figure for being on GW when you not suppose to.

NightGloom
March 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM
When you har basic names like Jack, Daniel, or Sam and you think of Stargate.

When you hear the name "Sam" and get confused when Sam turns out to be a guy.

White Knight
March 6th, 2005, 01:00 PM
- You've spent years practicing, concentrating as hard as possible, trying to make your eyes glow.

- You've drawn an X-shaped slit across your stomach.

- Almost half of the 'Ask Joe Mallozzi' thread is dedicated to you asking how you could recreate the SG-1 and SGA props, costumes and sets in your house and backyard.

- While watching 'The Other Guys' and 'Avenger 2.0', you were always saying to yourself "copycat" whenever Felger was doing something to hero-worship SG-1.

- Ditto 'Citizen Joe'.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 6th, 2005, 01:04 PM
You're dying to know what Siler has left to Jack in his will. :)

White Knight
March 6th, 2005, 01:07 PM
You're dying to know what Siler has left to Jack in his will. :)

Aren't we all?

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
My guess is that big honkin' wrench he's always carrying.

.:Lemon:.
March 6th, 2005, 01:40 PM
When you become so curious of a van that just pulled up with 'J. QUINN' printed on the side, that you nearly miss the bus you were waiting for :o :D

hobbitsrul
March 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
when you ask your guidance counselor if you can take and AP test and she responds with she must ask The Powers That Be and you get all confused as to what Stargate has to do with any of it......... :D

yasureubetcha
March 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
when you ask your guidance counselor if you can take and AP test and she responds with she must ask The Powers That Be and you get all confused as to what Stargate has to do with any of it......... :D

Or you write your AP essay test in Ancient!

Vega
March 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
--you watch a Lifetime movie that stars melissa joan heart and corin nemic, and you immediately tell everyone else in the room that the story takes place on Kelwona.

--you have all the stargate dvds and still watch the reruns on Scifi.

--decorate your rather large fish tank like Atlantis, and proceed to name each fish Sheppard, Mckay, etc.

--your dog is named Wier (which people always mistake for "Wierd?")

--you believe you can ascend when you die

Egeria
March 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
When you've just spent hours trying to recreate SG1 in the Sims2, and have banned your kids from calling any of their sims characters from Stargate because you're planning to create them all.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM
--you watch a Lifetime movie that stars melissa joan heart and corin nemic, and you immediately tell everyone else in the room that the story takes place on Kelwona.
That movie had a ton of stargate cameos! Very strange to watch...

NoDot
March 6th, 2005, 04:57 PM
- most of: www.geocities.com/nodot1989/humor.html

- you think the universe is an apple. (No, not my idea.)

- when your friends, who've never seen Stargate, can carry on a conversation about it with an actual Gate head. (Yes, mine.)

- when you know every line of every episode by heart and could remake every episode using a paint program and something to put the images together like a movie. (mine)

Vega
March 6th, 2005, 06:25 PM
That movie had a ton of stargate cameos! Very strange to watch...

I can't remember the title of the movie, but didn't you think Corin looked about 16? He had such a funny haircut:)!

TechnoWraith
March 6th, 2005, 06:35 PM
When you try to learn how to curse in Gao'uld. :D

tekguy2
March 6th, 2005, 07:16 PM
You see lego robots and think the Replicators are invading

heh, that's my world. that, and you want to put a gate in your house, complete with light up chevrons and rotating inner ring.

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 6th, 2005, 07:29 PM
When you begin calling people you don't like "Steve"

Wandering Tamer
March 6th, 2005, 07:47 PM
WHen you think people with long white hair and white mustaches are Wraith.

When you're convinced that vampires are really wraith that are hiding on earth.

when you spend most of your time on this BBS trying to attain the status of system lord.

SmartFox
March 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM
WHen you think people with long white hair and white mustaches are Wraith.

When you're convinced that vampires are really wraith that are hiding on earth.

when you spend most of your time on this BBS trying to attain the status of system lord.
When you almost cry when they move a topic from general to off topic and you lose over a 100 post.

lionel_pendergast_rocks
March 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM
When you almost cry when they move a topic from general to off topic and you lose over a 100 post.

YES! Woo! Go smartfox! Hear that, Gateworld? 106 for me.

Just so this post isnt considered banter:

...when you watch a special on ancient egypt on the discovery channel and you yell 'no! you've got it all wrong!'

RubyRed
March 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM
You Know You're A Gate Head When you go to a bar and you pay the bartender 5:00 dollars to put stargate on the tv.

When you cancel a date just to not miss the all new episode of stargate

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
When you look up Egyptian mythology to see how closely SG-1 followed it.

glnblnd
March 7th, 2005, 12:36 PM
The biggest for me is that I say "indeed" at least 20 times per day.

When you go home to your parents' house (I'm in college) every monday night just to watch stargate monday and to watch the tape of the Friday night episodes that you made your mom record for you because you have to work EVERY friday night.

Egeria
March 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM
When everytime you go to the bathroom you think of Stargate because your sink's made by "Armitage Shanks".

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM
When you wish you had the money to visit your friend at Comic-Con, and the only panels you're really interested in are the Stargate ones. (I hate being poor. :P)

Bomber
March 7th, 2005, 02:45 PM
You're putting in your corps/unit selections and demand to know WHY there is no SGC on the list.

Bomber
March 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM
When everytime you go to the bathroom you think of Stargate because your sink's made by "Armitage Shanks".

Yes! Done that!

*trails off laughing...*

Terrah
March 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
While watching re runs for the zillianth time, you quote the next line, did that tonight. Get very strange looks from family. :D

These were the quotes.
"So help me if i wake up singing soprano"
"Hail Dorothy"

You Know You're A Gate Head When...
The next poster knows what episode those quotes are from.
:cool:

Apophis_Apostle
March 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
...or when youve incorporated teal'c's "indeed" into daily conversation.. lol

Apophis_Apostle
March 7th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Or when youve incorporated teal'c's "indeed" into daily conversation.. lol :) :)

NoDot
March 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Don't double post, please.

TechnoWraith
March 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM
The Edit button works wonders! :D :p

You know you're a gatehead...

When you've watched your SG-1 DVD's so many times, your DVD player's laser wore the reflective layer off the DVD, making it a really cool, SG-1 Coaster. :D

hobbitsrul
March 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I can't remember the title of the movie, but didn't you think Corin looked about 16? He had such a funny haircut:)!

I think it was "I know my name is Steven"

To stay on topic.....
When you think Disney used Daniel Jackson as and inspiration for Milo in the movie Atlantis....just look at the similarities.......
~both have a hypothesis nobodies agrees with
~these hypothesis are later proved correct
~both have longish hair and big glasses (atleast Daniel use to)
~both venture to another place (Atlantis or Abydos)
~both meet a girl at this place and stay behind
~both teams they went with leave and later come back

coincidence....I think not :D

hobbitsrul

Wandering Tamer
March 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
To stay on topic.....
When you think Disney used Daniel Jackson as and inspiration for Milo in the movie Atlantis....just look at the similarities.......
~both have a hypothesis nobodies agrees with
~these hypothesis are later proved correct
~both have longish hair and big glasses (atleast Daniel use to)
~both venture to another place (Atlantis or Abydos)
~both meet a girl at this place and stay behind
~both teams they went with leave and later come back

coincidence....I think not :D

You saw that too? Yay, so I'm not the only one. :: Does a little dance::

back to the topic...
when you use pick up lines based on SG-1 and they work.

Metonic
March 7th, 2005, 04:53 PM
when you black out and you come out of it, people ask you what Jaffa Kree Gou'ald Anubis ect. means and why you were screaming it and telling people to bow before their god.

naq_oneill
March 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM
you know you're a gatehead when you are an active member of at least 3 stargate message boards :eek:

NoDot
March 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
you know you're a gatehead when you are an active member of at least 3 stargate message boards :eek:
I'm active here, at the Stargate Wars forum, and pop in to the SG-1 Archive forum every once in a while. Good enough?

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM
When you hear someone refer to a plane as "puddlejumper" on another show and get very confused for a moment.

IMForeman
March 7th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Everytime you hear an ad on the television that bills it's product as "amazing" you can't help but repeat the word in a childlike "ah-maze-ing."

-IMF

-Ancient-Outpost-
March 7th, 2005, 08:57 PM
you know you're a gate had when all you do when you get home is watch your stargate dvds and go online to check gateworld for any updates along with checking every board your on for any replies. LOL :p

yasureubetcha
March 8th, 2005, 04:45 AM
You have five minutes online, and you check Gateworld instead of your email.

randomfancy
March 8th, 2005, 06:03 AM
...or when youve incorporated teal'c's "indeed" into daily conversation.. lol

guilty......I have to be careful when out with a certain friend coz if i say the I word she gets cranky, so it comes out like a "Indeeee...yeah."

mtee1958
March 8th, 2005, 06:10 AM
When you are picking out tile and you remember which one it is because it's called Anubis. and your decorator questions if you are sure that's the one and you say yes I'm positive (but you don't want to say why!).

I so agree - I can't see anything Egyptian without thinking -- they're really G'ould!!

Vyse
March 8th, 2005, 06:11 AM
When you curse toward your boss in Jaffa! :D

NightGloom
March 8th, 2005, 07:32 AM
When you dye your hair the same color as the Female Wraith Keeper (I'll put up pictures later) :p

yasureubetcha
March 8th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Chocolate Jaffa Fudge...enough said.

iLemon
March 8th, 2005, 09:01 AM
and Jaffa Cakes!!

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM
When you have a work study job that requires very little actual work, so you spend most of your time on this forum. :)

NightGloom
March 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM
When you have a work study job that requires very little actual work, so you spend most of your time on this forum. :)

You have a class that does require work and you still go on this site.

Ancient 1
March 8th, 2005, 11:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/7of9/eyes2ani.gif

Just looking. Don't mind me... :o

melpomene
March 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM
When you're stuffed bear is named Jack O'Bearkins (don't ask)

Janus
March 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
You have a cap from the brand O'Neill and refere to it as 'Jack'.
(Don't ask....)

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
When you dream about Stargate

shipper hannah
March 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
what's your job?!

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
when you compose your own lyrics to the SG-1 and SGA theme songs

melpomene
March 8th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Me and my sister were talking about this show we used to watch "Diagnosis Murder" and I'm trying to remember the name of Scott Bao's character. and my sister says, "It's your favorite name" and I'm like "Oh Jack" So this name i could never remember, I haven't forgotten since. Because she associated the name with Jack O'Neill's name.

hobbitsrul
March 8th, 2005, 01:19 PM
You know your ENTIRE family are gateheads when...you are driving down the highway and there is this itty bitty sign that says Jaffa Shrine and you all simultaneously (sp?) yell, "Look a Jaffa Shrine!!" and burst out laughing..... :D

shipper hannah
March 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
You know your ENTIRE family are gateheads when...you are driving down the highway and there is this itty bitty sign that says Jaffa Shrine and you all simultaneously (sp?) yell, "Look a Jaffa Shrine!!" and burst out laughing..... :D
a jaffa shrine?

shipper hannah
March 8th, 2005, 01:32 PM
omg i do that too!!!

shipper hannah
March 8th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Don't double post, please.
hey, give them a break, their new!

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
And what exactly does a Jaffa Shrine entail? :)

hobbitsrul
March 8th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I'm not exactly sure actually. I think it is like a club type thing or something...all I know is they ride little motorcycles in the parades where I live. So yeah.... :D

shipper hannah
March 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I'm not exactly sure actually. I think it is like a club type thing or something...all I know is they ride little motorcycles in the parades where I live. So yeah.... :D
lol :D

melpomene
March 8th, 2005, 02:20 PM
My family is perfectly normal.Erm, except that we spent the whole trip into town today pairing the witchy women we know with thier System
Lord(or other minor Gou'uld) soul-mate. Other than that little issue....

The Ultimate Obsession
March 8th, 2005, 02:31 PM
You know you're a geat head when you can explain schrodinger's experament to your science class because sam told narim about it in Enigma {i think} (yeah this happened to me today :p )

teddybearnospaces
March 9th, 2005, 04:57 PM
You start posting on a forum for a tv show you stopped watching three or four years ago because Showtime obliterated it because your girlfriend got hooked on the sci fi version and reeled you back to it.

Oh, and you get bored in physics/calculus because none of the problems seem all that important or critical. So when you work on tests you pretend you're working on the calculations to save the world to keep things interesting.

SmartFox
March 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Oh, and you get bored in physics/calculus because none of the problems seem all that important or critical. So when you work on tests you pretend you're working on the calculations to save the world to keep things interesting.
LOL i do that some times.

yasureubetcha
March 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
WHAT??? Are you saying it's NOT about saving the world?! :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM
You start posting on a forum for a tv show you stopped watching three or four years ago because Showtime obliterated it because your girlfriend got hooked on the sci fi version and reeled you back to it.

And you love me for it. :D

MedusA
March 10th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
When you have a work study job that requires very little actual work, so you spend most of your time on this forum.

what's your job?!

I can do this also, I work in IT.

You know you're a gate head when:

You work in IT and have twice as many forum windows open than the plethora of programs you have to use for your work and the first thing you do when you turn on your PC in the morning is check for new posts since the previous night.

You debate picking up the red emergency phone at work on the off chance that you'll get through to General O'Niell

You create a new account for a user with the first name Isis and think, "That can't be, Isis died when the jar in which he/she was contained was broken!!!"...

You try and track down every piece of video or audio involving the actors in stargate, then get pissed off when you've downloaded and watched the two parts to Earthsea only to realise that Amanda Tapping appears ONCE, far away and has ONE line!!!!...

You attempt to download various episodes of Farscape so that when season 9 starts you can poke holes in Ben Browder's performance.

Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
March 10th, 2005, 06:51 AM
You post a reply to this thread.

Your friends know not to call on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after six, and not after 7:30 on Friday night because you are prepping your tapes to record every epi.

You write fanfics in Ancient, including the Ancient alphabet.

You speak Ancient (Not so fluently, but hey. Give me time...)

You throw things at the tele everytime some bad guy from Stargate comes on, even if the show isn't Stargate. IE, David D's performance on CSI.

You spend your time making banners on MS paint because you really want it, but don't have the money for a good cropping program.

You learn German to read the Stargate Project website.

You learn Latin, even if it is a so-called 'dead' language, just because Ancient is only a little different.

You see David Hewlett on the tele and start telling your mom all of his acting credits since birth.

You save pennies because you ARE going to Gatecon next year. (Would this year but mom's baby is due right at the same frakkin' time. Grrr...)

You read books on realitivity just so you can one day hold an interesting conversation with Carter.

You know that if you try, you WILL ascend.

You have plans to build a working Stargate.

You plan to build a model, and after you post zip over to PM the poster who already did to ask how. (I am.)

You can make a post this long and actually say something.

You install that iris because all the posters above you have spelled out your life so accurately that they must be outside the window.

You learned to type by posting in forums, instead in school.

You learned to type FAST because you wanted to be the first one to reply to a topic.

You know Sci-Fi's commercial pattern because you dub them out on the tapes you make, only because the disks don't come to Region 1 until October. :(

I'm going to quit now, because this post has gone loopy-out-of-control. Much luv, I shall return!

iLemon
March 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM
you tell your friends that you can actually speak goa'uld (but the only word you know is kree, you make the rest up!)

You call annoying people a pain in the mik'ta and your friends (non-SG fans) can actually understand you