Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...you start a Forum thread called: "You Know You're A Gate Head When..."

LOL.

...you add to the list of a thread called: "You Know You're A Gate Head When..."

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
      You spend most of your time at work posting on Gateworld when you should be doing homework.
      Oh that's so me too

lol,

--Tan

Comment

Whenever you see an actor that had previously guest-starred on Stargate on another show/movie, you refer to them only as their Stargate character.

i.e. hey, Bra'tac's on TV!
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

- You've been reading through this list, saying to yourself "Yes, yes, uh-huh, okay, that's true..."

Here's a true story: at Blue Scope Steel, just outside Wollongong in NSW, Australia, one of the buildings has a large ring about 7 metres in diameter, made out of a gray metal with nine triangular...things sapced around it. Sound familiar? Again, this is a true story.

Comment

You're a poet/English major who thinks about switching to Astrophysics so that IF there is really a Stargate, you'll find out.

And the reason that'll never happen--you spend your science lecture laying out an argument in your head in defense of the Replicators.

You're the only one in a 300 person lecture hall who thinks nano-technology is a bad idea (when have nano-bots EVER had an ultimately positive effect?)

You contrast Stargate's principles of time travel with Star Trek's.

You make decisions casually, knowing that in some reality there's a version of you who made the right decision.

You hear Jack's line "You ended that sentence with a preposition," and look up exactly what a preposition is, so you can quote it everytime someone becomes guilty of that particular violation.
            (Believe me, my family is quite sick of this.)

You try to figure out SOME way to fit yourself into an Asgard suit for Halloween.

You're suddenly quite proud to be Minnesotan, and think our new state motto should be "When you're done saving the world, come and fish."
            Last edited by yasureubetcha; 02 March 2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

You think of Stargate everytime you see one of those "O'Neill" shirts and you have to wonder if they make an "O'Neil" shirt with only one 'L' for fans of just the movie...
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

When you're playing Cricket and instead of shouting "Go Nathan and Matt" (the 2 batsman), you instead say "Go Sam and Jack"

Comment

I got some o'neill stuff, surf stuff tho

surfing off atlantis would rock.

when you add a couple more elements to ur periodic table in chem...nauqudah
                  "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

when you watch an entire box set season in one go, start dreaming (literally) about being part of SG1 almost every night, all you talk about is Stargate and everyone around you wish you to just shut up (those not into SG), and here's my favourite...FREAK out when the free to air channel you watch SG on cuts/stops airing SG midway thru a season and you have to wait an enire rating season to finish before they air it again.....Aussie fans here will know what I mean....#$%#ed Channel 7!!
                    Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                    and Captain Jack Harkness
                    Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                    Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                    Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                    I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                    My other home...Stargate Down Under
                    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
                      all you talk about is Stargate and everyone around you wish you to just shut up (those not into SG)
                      If even the other Stargate fans you know wish you'd stop talking about it, THAT's dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                        If even the other Stargate fans you know wish you'd stop talking about it, THAT's dedication.
                        So is this an indication I should stop talking about SG??? he! he!
                        Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                        and Captain Jack Harkness
                        Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                        Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                        Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                        I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                        My other home...Stargate Down Under
                        My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Naw, nothing personal. I wouldn't be on the forum if I thought one could talk too much about Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                            - You've been reading through this list, saying to yourself "Yes, yes, uh-huh, okay, that's true..."

Here's a true story: at Blue Scope Steel, just outside Wollongong in NSW, Australia, one of the buildings has a large ring about 7 metres in diameter, made out of a gray metal with nine triangular...things sapced around it. Sound familiar? Again, this is a true story.
                            serious???!!!
                            i live in queensland, but if i ever go there i'll take a photo.....
                            *is seriously comtemplating telling dad who is travelling around australia ( who is a fellow gater), to look out for it if in wollongong*

courtesy of wirthless

Comment

Originally posted by randomfancy
                              serious???!!!
                              i live in queensland, but if i ever go there i'll take a photo.....
                              *is seriously comtemplating telling dad who is travelling around australia ( who is a fellow gater), to look out for it if in wollongong*
                              when you go to bluescope steel's website to see if they have a picture of that building, and it's the only job related website you've visited all day, and find out that the bluescope used to belong to the company that used to own the company you work for, and are really disappointed that all they have is an address, but no picture, but you are cheered up by watching the little chevrons locking as your computer thinks, and listening for an incoming email as you'll hear the swoosh
                              but i'm only slightly obsessed
                              Boston University Terriers Hockey : 27 time Beanpot champions who play on the Jack Parker Rink at Agganis Arena

It is extremely unwise and even unproductive to do arithmetical calculations on certain types of animals until they have emerged from their calcified coverings

Comment

you laugh out loud when you find a font called 'atlantis'

you listen to your physics teach prattle on about black holes and/or relativistic calculations or something else and you think - 'That's soooo wrong can Sam said that , (fill in blanks) in (episode)'

you learn to juggle just cos RDA and CJ can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X