X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you explain everything remotely scientific with: "Mmmmagnets."
    Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

when you say sierra gulf charlie one niner out at the end of conversations

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s
        Your garage opener become a GDO

Your cats are named Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam

Your kids answer to "Kree"

Anymore, anyone, please post
        Actually, I work at Sears in the hardware section (well, Lawn and Garden, but we sell a lot of tools because they're just across the aisle from us and we get commission and the tool pros don't). One of the things we sell are Garage Door Openers. And guess what we call them? GDOs. I'm the only Gater among us; most hadn't even heard of SG when I was hired. But they'd been GDOs for some time prior, including on merchandise lists and stuff from corporate. I don't think the show invented the acronym.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          you know you are a gate head when you find yourself in withdrawl, curled up in a corner rocking back and forth when gate world goes down for a couple days.........
          Amen!
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

When you go to a friend's house to do their taxes and sneak on to GW to see what's up while they aren't looking....

Yes, sad but true, I have friends that don't understand Stargate...

When FCOL has become your favorite non-pg explitive...

When you develop a nervous twitch when GW goes down for an eternity... (What do you mean it was only a few days...)

When you spend all your spare time watching SG1, lurking on GW and writing SG1 fanfic....
            Last edited by Guest; 05 February 2005, 10:03 AM.

Comment

When your SG1 DVD collection is bigger than all your other DVDs put together.

When you get a computer, go online with PAYG dial-up cos you don't think you'll be on the 'net much, discover GW, then have to give in & pay monthly & pay off a ginormous phone bill from the PAYG as well

Originally posted by meimei
              When FCOL has become your favorite non-pg explitive...
              Guilty as charged
              Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by couchpotatergater

<snip>.
                i had this problem initally after getting all the box sets up to S6

but in a desperate to (at least outwardly) appear normal, i tucked my SG collection safely under my bed and kept buying 'normal' DVD's so that i had a 'healthy' balance

lol

Comment

when you come up behind someone and ALWAYS say "i'm on your six" and then subsequently start telling people "i've got your six", "nice six " and so on...

(guilty!)

your computer has a stargate background, sounds, and cursors, and the theme plays when it starts up

(also guilty )

you see SG actors on other shows and refer to them by their SG character name, even though ya know their real one!!

(often guilty )

Comment

Originally posted by couchpotatergater
                    even with at least four other shows on dvd and a bunch of movies??? GUILTY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                      You walk into a computer store and remark on the 'facinating pieces of technology'.
                      When you look at all the facinating technology and wonder where the control crystals are.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

ROFL

you ask the guy at the help desk where to FIND the control crystals

Comment

You turn down going out with friends/ dates on whatever night Stargate is on and then become shocked when they do not know the awesomeness of Stargate.

When you see TR on something other than Stargate you scream "JANET LIVES!"

You name your cat Schrodinger/ try to persuade your friends to name their cat Schrodinger
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

when you see a minor character from SG-1 in another show/movie/commercial your initial though is - 'ooo it's a stargate alternate reality - look there's tanith that evil snake!'
                            Guilty as Charged! In fact one of the minor characters in "Prometheus" played a doctor in Final Destination 2 - was on TV tonight.

You know you're a gatehead when........your spousal unit starts saying "Indeed".

when.........you tell everyone "That's whatcha get for dickin around!" when they screw up.

when.........your spousal unit does the "eyebrow thing" ALL THE TIME!
                            "It's a blast door"

Comment

When you run out to Kmart at 4 in the morning because your mouse died and there is a post you just gotta make! (BTW, I just got home a half hour ago.)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

How about when you start drawing glyphs on the glass in your shower...

Supreme Comander of the SS Yet-To-Be-Named.

Comment

Working...
                                X