No announcement yet.

You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family is perfectly normal.Erm, except that we spent the whole trip into town today pairing the witchy women we know with thier System
    Lord(or other minor Gou'uld) soul-mate. Other than that little issue....

Comment

You know you're a geat head when you can explain schrodinger's experament to your science class because sam told narim about it in Enigma {i think} (yeah this happened to me today )

Comment

You start posting on a forum for a tv show you stopped watching three or four years ago because Showtime obliterated it because your girlfriend got hooked on the sci fi version and reeled you back to it.

Oh, and you get bored in physics/calculus because none of the problems seem all that important or critical. So when you work on tests you pretend you're working on the calculations to save the world to keep things interesting.
        "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
          Oh, and you get bored in physics/calculus because none of the problems seem all that important or critical. So when you work on tests you pretend you're working on the calculations to save the world to keep things interesting.
          LOL i do that some times.

Comment

WHAT??? Are you saying it's NOT about saving the world?!

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
              You start posting on a forum for a tv show you stopped watching three or four years ago because Showtime obliterated it because your girlfriend got hooked on the sci fi version and reeled you back to it.

And you love me for it.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                When you have a work study job that requires very little actual work, so you spend most of your time on this forum.

what's your job?!

I can do this also, I work in IT.

You know you're a gate head when:

You work in IT and have twice as many forum windows open than the plethora of programs you have to use for your work and the first thing you do when you turn on your PC in the morning is check for new posts since the previous night.

You debate picking up the red emergency phone at work on the off chance that you'll get through to General O'Niell

You create a new account for a user with the first name Isis and think, "That can't be, Isis died when the jar in which he/she was contained was broken!!!"...

You try and track down every piece of video or audio involving the actors in stargate, then get pissed off when you've downloaded and watched the two parts to Earthsea only to realise that Amanda Tapping appears ONCE, far away and has ONE line!!!!...

You attempt to download various episodes of Farscape so that when season 9 starts you can poke holes in Ben Browder's performance.
                Last edited by MedusA; 10 March 2005, 03:51 AM.
                I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

You post a reply to this thread.

Your friends know not to call on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after six, and not after 7:30 on Friday night because you are prepping your tapes to record every epi.

You write fanfics in Ancient, including the Ancient alphabet.

You speak Ancient (Not so fluently, but hey. Give me time...)

You throw things at the tele everytime some bad guy from Stargate comes on, even if the show isn't Stargate. IE, David D's performance on CSI.

You spend your time making banners on MS paint because you really want it, but don't have the money for a good cropping program.

You learn German to read the Stargate Project website.

You learn Latin, even if it is a so-called 'dead' language, just because Ancient is only a little different.

You see David Hewlett on the tele and start telling your mom all of his acting credits since birth.

You save pennies because you ARE going to Gatecon next year. (Would this year but mom's baby is due right at the same frakkin' time. Grrr...)

You read books on realitivity just so you can one day hold an interesting conversation with Carter.

You know that if you try, you WILL ascend.

You have plans to build a working Stargate.

You plan to build a model, and after you post zip over to PM the poster who already did to ask how. (I am.)

You can make a post this long and actually say something.

You install that iris because all the posters above you have spelled out your life so accurately that they must be outside the window.

You learned to type by posting in forums, instead in school.

You learned to type FAST because you wanted to be the first one to reply to a topic.

You know Sci-Fi's commercial pattern because you dub them out on the tapes you make, only because the disks don't come to Region 1 until October.

I'm going to quit now, because this post has gone loopy-out-of-control. Much luv, I shall return!

Comment

you tell your friends that you can actually speak goa'uld (but the only word you know is kree, you make the rest up!)

You call annoying people a pain in the mik'ta and your friends (non-SG fans) can actually understand you

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Every time you talk to someone with a slight reference to a Sg1 members name you chuckle. (Carter,O'Neill etc.)

Comment

Your teachers know that you go on this loverly Gateworld forum and they don't care.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

watch stargate 24/7

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

Your boss refers both to you and stargate with the title "Star Geek" ... and further more you have no problem with it.
                            I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              Your teachers know that you go on this loverly Gateworld forum and they don't care.
                              That's also "You know your TEACHER'S a Gate Head when..."

lol

Add to that, you tell your SG-fan students and IT staff about Gateworld...

Comment

Start speaking like Teal'c.
                                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Working...
                                X